Author Topic: Distractions  (Read 16188 times)

Offline Kysis

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • The Relentless Muse Blog
Re: Distractions
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2007, 01:38:30 PM »
"I\'m impressed."  And it was the only time he would admit it, too.  Perhaps the guards of this place were not so bad.  Perchance he should give the people a shot before closing off completely.... but it was a fleeting thought at best.  Wandering the castle region had showed Kysis a few things, mostly that no matter where one went, there would still be citizens of the vile sort.  Thieves, liars, cheaters; they came with civilization, one never showing up without the other in stow.

Still, Kysis would give some of them a chance.  He would not still be walking with the Captain if he had given up completely, would not have "sacrificed" so much of his time to conversation (not that home was preferrable).  This was very informative, though, and with ever tidbit of information he learned about the guards, the more comfortable he felt travelling about without a sword strapped securely in the bauldric at his waist.  Yes, that lack of weight beating about their would seem strange at first but...  Kysis was still unsure.

As he was unsure of whether he would be welcome to even go near the guard house.  He was a sword for hire, for the most part, though he was under the employ of Marcos now.  Might change, if anyone wanted a highly trained personal guard, but Kysis was sure such a thing would be frowned upon here in Oberon.  The Liari Family had already invaded upon another weapons franchise here in Oberon.  Could he even dare to continue functioning as he did at home?  Kreos seemed so far away now, yet Kysis did not feel quite ready to give up that way of life yet.

Another matter he did was unsure of was as to what to say next, so he fell back in to his comfortable space of silence.
Μεταξύ λάμψη και τρέλα

Lord Kysis Liari (Ένας πεσμένος ήρωας.),
Fenwick Baldor (Song, wine, and a bit of trouble),
Calista Liari (Θραύσματα Ομορφιά)

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2007, 01:05:54 AM »
She, on the other hand, laughed comfortably at his declaration.  She hadn\'t explained their strict training regime in order to impress, just to clarify - but it was a nice feeling that resulted from hearing him speak thus.  She was immensely proud of her setup and compliments in any form always reassured her that her choices were sound (rather than being the radical opinions of a woman - something people were less keen to accept).

"Well... okay!  I\'m pleased you\'re interested; if you want a tour of the barracks any time, it can be arranged - especially if you\'re as good with a blade as you say you are," she hinted, giving a sly, sideways look as the Guardhouse finally came into view.  "I\'m interested in presenting new challenges to my recruits as much as to myself."

Offline Kysis

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2007, 02:22:41 AM »
"I may take you up on that offer at some later point in time."  Kysis forced on a smile, eyes already scanning across the building that they finally came to.  Seemed like an age-worth of time, but still, it would be worth it, Kysis reassured himself.  He wanted to memorize all that he could of the place, just so he knew what to expect when he did head back in this direction.  The young man was sure he would, "But it is late, and I would not wish to disrupt the guards of their daily duties."

He was not trying to side-step any sort of challenge; far from it.  Kysis just knew that he had duties elsewhere and if he started, he would get seriously distracted for a long amount of time.  Yes, Kysis would enjoy it emensely, but he also wanted to have a home to go back to at the end of the day.  Any manner of excuse could be brought to use, but... Kysis would rather not chance it.  He would say hello perhaps, state that he did intend to return, but unless something very striking and irresitable came up, he would not be extending his time there.

Sad, but neccisary.  Kysis was starting to wonder if Marcos had sent anyone out to find him yet.  Hopefully not.
Μεταξύ λάμψη και τρέλα

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2007, 05:56:56 PM »
She came to a stop and turned smartly to face him, offering a business-like smile and inclining her head deferentially, hands clasped behind her back momentarily. "Alright; I shall bid you farewell, then," she murmured, extending her hand to be shaken once more. "Thank you for the accompaniment and the conversation. Hopefully we\'ll meet again at that demonstration sometime soon."

Although her wish was genuine, she wasn\'t overwhelmed with desire to meet this closed-off man again for no good reason. Conversing with someone who didn\'t seem keen to volunteer information was difficult - especially when she was on duty and most interactions were curt for the sake of efficiency. She wasn\'t so closed-minded that she didn\'t allow that Kysis might be a more open person in a purely social circumstance (at a banquet or a weapons demonstration, for instance) and she was somewhat curious as to whether he could be drawn out when she had the time to put that sort of effort in, but she was resigned to merely wondering, at this point.

Offline Kysis

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2007, 11:14:22 PM »
Kysis shook the hand calmly, nodding slightly.  It seemed the Captain was no so adverse to the parting, so he did not feel half as bad as he might of... He did not feel bad in the least, in all actuallity, glad of the way the day was ending.  The socializing quota had been met for his usual month, but just perhaps he might start going out a bit more often in a friendly way.  Yes, the maze was considered out, but hardly friendly.  That was an escape.

Deciding he should, Kysis opted to bow before his departure, a graceful motion tht seemed a tad odd for the swordsman type, but a motion he had been made to learn.  If the Captain was more like the general lady, a handshake would not have done.  However, for the sake of not dying from angering her, Kysis held back the usual gentlemanly gesture.  Yes, he would rather not be dismembered this day, "And I thank you for the distraction, Captain.  I assure, it has been most pleasant."

Flashing what he had been told was a charming smile, he headed off, back to the drab duties and angry family at the manor.
Μεταξύ λάμψη και τρέλα