Author Topic: The Streets Continue to Run Green with the Blood of the Fae  (Read 2909 times)

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
The Streets Continue to Run Green with the Blood of the Fae
« on: September 14, 2019, 10:10:24 PM »
THE SHADOW GAZETTE
The Streets Continue to Run Green with the Blood of the Fae
Article written by Mattheu

My name is Mattheu, not my real name of course, but it will suffice. I dare to expose the filth and the lies that are kept hidden from us all and I dare to lift my face and my pen and call out those that have the audacity to claim leadership and dominion over us, to point out their corruption and to say that which needs to be said for those that cannot or dare not.

The city is all abuzz with chatter of who will be the new District Leader for Central, and many have spotted the contenders for the crown gallivanting around town knocking on the doors of the rich and powerful, no doubt spinning their cons and depleting their bank accounts, greasing the wheel and the hands in the hope of obtaining their all-important votes, and yet, as these future leaders flog their campaign horses to death and rub noses with the crème de la crème of society; we, the people who sit beneath their booted heel must ask ourselves. What does this mean for us?

Especially when the streets of central continue to run green with the blood of the fae.
Once again, the vampires of central run amok, unchecked and unrestrained, spreading chaos and fear through the city as they drain the fae of their life so that these hags of the night might obtain an undead high.

Jake McCloud, the current Leader for central offers pretty words and lip service in response to these heinous acts of racial violence and injustice, he blathers on about protecting all those that live within his domain and yet, his kind, his people, still roam freely, attacking and draining anyone they wish without any consequence.

He wax’s poetic about the perpetrators of these crimes being hunted and punished but as my Grammy would say. “Proof is in the pudding love” and this pudding reeks of dead bodies and weeping, grieving families. A song many have heard and sung since the Black Prince's return, let’s not forget that this isn’t the first time the vampires of central have caused our streets to run with the blood of the innocent, to run with the life waters of those not Vampire.

But now it’s the fae numbers that dwindle nightly from our community, and those that survive the night hide and shake with fear every time the sun sinks beneath the horizon, whilst those that refuse to live in fear or will not be subjugated to the role of existing as nothing more then a vampiric dooby flee our city as quickly and safely as possible. Once again, the supernatural railroad is being put into full force thanks to Jake McCloud and his army of goons.

I say Jake McCloud because he is the Leader for central and it is mainly in central that these atrocities continue to happen in such unrestrained and terrifying numbers. Yes, the fae across the city are being attacked but not like they are in central. The South is relatively safe, as is the West, the North West, the North and the East. I spoke to an eastern vampire about these vampire attacks and they said. “It is a travesty and one that is not tolerated here under Charon’s care, any vampire that attacks a fae is quickly hunted down and punished accordingly.” A fact supported by the fae that live there as well. "It still happens on occasion", they said, "but we have faith that the perpetrators will be swiftly dealt with."

When I asked another eastern vampire for their opinion about the current Leadership of Central, they had this to say. “We vampires that live and lead in the East look with disappointment and sorrow at the current state and leadership of central, and hope that soon, that part of our city will be bright with luminary light. We wait for the bright star of the future to ascend the night sky and know its brilliance will banish the shadow and fear that dwells now in Central.”

Is that the only solution we of Central are to have? To await the rise of a new luminary star to save us? It certainly looks that way, maybe then we can expect order, security and peace to settle once more in this city and to central.

So, I ask you…who will you vote for? What future do you dare dream of?

Do you have a tale to tell, a horror to expose? Do you know of an act of black tyranny that was perpetrated by our so-called leaders?
If so, help me shine a light on it. My name is Mattheu and I will speak about that which others dare not. Seek me in the shadows.