Author Topic: Kitty\'s new home  (Read 4241 times)

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
Kitty\'s new home
« on: July 30, 2008, 04:29:04 PM »
The twins headed back home with the newest member of the family, a very velvety looking unconscious black cat. Theirs was not a home as most would called it, it was a hotel room. It went by the name of 173.

One might wonder at why they were still there after all of this time and having ample amount of money. They could have easily gotten a real place in this insane city, but Arutha couldn\'t find it in himself to leave it. This room was the place that he had made a real home with his sister and his now lost love.

"Here I\'ll get the door." Kevla said softly, nudging the door open with her show after it was unlocked. Her brother\'s arm were currently very full of feline at the moment. Though still she couldn\'t help but feel concerned over it as well as kind of feel glad that the cat had arrived when it did. She hadn\'t seen her brother look like animated in a very long time.

"Thanks." Arutha said as he stepped through the door.

The amount of worry that his twin was feeling was nothing compared to what he was currently feeling. It was like the cat had jolted him out of a sleep and now he was alive. He knew that it didn\'t quite make a whole lot of sense, but it was how he felt.

Once inside he ever so carefully carried the black feline in his arms over to the bed and laid him down on one of his pillows. He then sat down next to him and started to gently pet him as he waited for the other to awake.

As her brother went about his business, Kevla quietly shut and locked the door behind her before turning on the old TV that they had in there. "I\'m going to get ready for bed." she said softly, only getting a nod in response from Arutha before she went into the bathroom to change.

After Kevla had left to go change, Arutha sat back against his other pillow and waited. "I don\'t know what exactly you are, Kitty. I just hope that you\'ll be okay." he said softly as he continued to pet the cat.
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Arutha, Declan, Kevla, Kieran, Mitrius

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: Kitty\'s new home (For Seragil)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 12:10:56 AM »
Arutha’s softly spoken words reached him as he slowly rose up out of the unconscious pit the collar had sent him into. He stirred under Arutha’s gentle hand, his body twitching as his mind once again accepted the fact it was still a cat. He opened his eyes and turning softly licked Arutha’s hand in reassurance and thanks.

He slowly sat up and looked around the residual fog in his mind caused by the collar melting away as he looked around his new surroundings which immediately piqued his curiosity, he had been in many places but as sure as he could be he was pretty sure he had never been in what appeared to be a hotel room. He sniffed and smelt nothing but humans, nothing supernatural had been here, nothing recent anyway, nor could he sense any sort of mystical protection, so he assumed the twins were either newly arrived here or mystically clueless and had no real idea of what kind of city they lived in. But what ever the case may be it was a broblem for later.

He turned his emerald eyes to Arutha, he had seen no way to warn the guy what he was about to do and hoped he wouldn’t freak, but the connection he felt between the man and himself happened but rarely, especially with a human any way and he would be damned if he would spend the rest of his lifetime communicating with him by scrawling salt on a table top. He walked slowly towards Aruatha’s lap; placing each paw carefully in front of the other, almost like he was stalking something he moved cautiously closer till he was able to rest his two front legs on Aruthas lap, the added height and support allowed him to almost look into Arutha’s face at eye level and it was the eye contact he wanted.

He had sensed in Arutha the possibility of many fine psychic abilities, the lad had what his Grandmother and dare he think it Alexander would have called a very fertile mind. What he hoped to do now was forge a link, a telepathic link between his mind and Arutha’s, of course Arutha being one half of a twin might mean Naoise may just awaken the full blown telepathy ability open for them both and he wasn’t too sure if the twins wanted to be able to hear and speak to the minds of others. Still there was nothing he could do but continue.

He gazed into Arutha’s eyes,; capturing them in fact and followed their depths backwards until he brushed against the energy of Arutha’s mind. He didn’t need eyes to be able to do this, but it was the easiest way, it basically allowed Arutha to have something to focus upon. He brushed against Aruthas mind with his own. He guessed that for Arutha it would feel like a sense of pressure in his head, jixed with a feeling of vertigo. Well that’s what it felt like for him the first time anyway. He waited there his mind against Aruthas, before pushing slightly again, a little harder this time. He wasn’t going to push too hard, not force his way in. what he wanted was for Arutha to open his mind to him, almost as if he was relaxing into it; if this worked Arutha should feel a certain pop in his head, almost like an ear would do under high pressure like in an airplane. But if he felt uncomfortable and didn’t wan to allow this, all he needed to do was to push against the pressure in his mind and it would push Naoise out.

Not wanting that and not wanting to scare Arutha, Naoise called his name mentally, it was a soft calling, friendly and welcoming, he had been told once that his mind voice; like his real voice, was soft but deep with a velvety, smokey huskiness. Whatever that meant, but whatever; it was his voice and something Arutha and maybe his sister would hear if Arutha opened his mind to it.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 04:47:44 PM »
"Oh you\'re awake now." Arutha said in a happily relived tone of voice as the feline opened up his eyes and reassuring licked his hand. "I must admit. For awhile there, you really had me worried there." he admonished gently as his fingers softly stroked the silken fur between the cat\'s ears. Even with everything that had happened, he was just glad that his new friend was alright.

It was only to blink a little as the black cat slowly and quite delibrately padded towards him with an intent look to him. "What is it, Kitty?" he asked gently as the cat put his two front paws on his lap and stared up as his face.

He couldn\'t help but gasp a little as the felines\'s bottle-green eyes drew him in like twin magnets. The room seemed to tilt slightly as he found himself staring back at him. What the hell was going on? Was the cat doing this?

The strangeness did not stop there as he suddenly felt the oddest thing in his head. It was an odd pressure, but it wasn\'t quite like a headache. It was something else. What it sort of reminded him of was someone knocking on a door if the door was his mind if this was at all possible. Then again not much could be out of the realm of possibility considering what he had already seen that day.

His head tilted forwards slightly as he heard a beautiful, husky voice calling his name in a friendly fashion. It had been a long time since someone had called to him even in a remotely similiar tone beyond his sister. "Kit...ty? Is that you?" he asked quietly, even though there was no one else that it could be. Suddenly he felt something pop and slide into place inside of his head as the pressure vanished.
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 02:06:50 AM »
He felt it as Arutha let him into his mind, felt their minds click together as the psychic bond was made. It felt like a mirror shattering and reforming all at once. As their minds finally settled he pulled his awareness out of Arutha since to leave himself there in such an intimate way would now be an intrusion, a breach of privacy and trust. He purred in pleasure and amusement and smiled as he felt that purr reverberate along the link. “ hello Arutha, and yes it is I…” he stopped and gazed at Arutha with a little confusion as to what to call himself and blinked as he realised Arutha could now see him, hear him and feel what he was feeling. What was he to do about a name, he shrugged mentally and decided Kitty was as good as anything else “ Kitty is a fine name…or Kit if you prefer” he said with a slight amused tone as he battered his head under Arutha’s chin before curling up in his lap like it was the most natural thing in the world “ This must seem very strange to you and I apologise for being so….pushy? Its just that this was the only and quickest way I saw we could forge this link. I am sure you have many question and I will answer where I can” here he stopped. In truth this was the first time in a very long time since he had bonded in such a way with anyone aand he wasn’t sure how he could protect himself and Arutha from the rules and mechanisms of the collar. Or more to the truth how he could work around it and help Arutha work out who he was, what he was and help him find a way to remove and destroy the damn thing.

He looked up and capturing Arutha’s eyes with his own he sent a smile along their newly forged link before continuing” So what would you like to know? Hmmm and I guess I should also warn you it has been a long time since I have talked to anyone…in such a manner so I might be very err …chatty” he finished with a soft chuckle.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
Re: Kitty\'s new home
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 05:18:25 PM »
Arutha blinked dumbly back at the feline at his reply, feeling that same earlier presence retreat outside of his mind. It was one thing to suspect that the voice in his head was the cat but it was an entirely different matter when it was the truth. He swiped that thought from his mind as he focused upon the suddenly quite talkative cat.

"How...is this possible?" he asked as the now named Kit battered his head against his chin. "Sorry, I know that was a dumb question.  Since you already can move stuff with your mind, it is not that quite far of a stretch that you could do other things like this, Kitty." he said as one of his hands went to restart petting the cat out of habit.

It was only to stop once again for a second at Kit\'s last words. "Um...why did you pass out for a while there? Call me crazy but I could have sworn that your collar zapped you because you said something it didn\'t want you to." he asked softly as he tilted his head back down to gaze once more into the other\'s eyes.