Author Topic: DreamCatcher  (Read 1777 times)

Sa.

DreamCatcher
« on: February 06, 2008, 01:11:40 PM »
Morene Walked around the Dance floor, The particapites of which danced in varying ways. It was quite obvious, who was drunk and who wasn\'t. A few Stray drops of Sweat fell from her hair, the humidity and heat of the building itself was overbearing. She Moved through the heavy crowds, ignoring the wandering eyes, and occasionally, hands.

Sitting down at her destination at last, the bar, she began scanning the dance floor, looking for people that would pass out with only a moments notice. She had to feed tonight. And she had a special dream in mind for however was lucky enough to be chosen.

Starcatcher

Re: DreamCatcher
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 03:37:01 PM »
The poet was there.

Mathias had spent the bulk of his evening just melding into the scene. A talented dancer he was not, but he had managed to impress a few stray girls by juggling soda cans. Juggling was one thing Mathias was talented at, and it always made for a failsafe icebreaker.
It was the lies and preposterous stories that tumbled from his lips that got him into trouble, and (once they caught on) left him alone again.
Still, before his mind and his mouth concocted anything ludicrous enough to drive the girls away, he had gotten in his fair share of dancing with some of them. One lass--bless her--had been rather strong and enthusiastic, and swung Mathias hard enough to pop his shoulder. It hurt, but even he would admit that it was sort of amusing. It had certainly been a shock.
But the night had left Mathias tired, slumped over on the bar with his head rested on top of his arms, which were folded over one another on the counter top. He teetered slightly in his chair, leaning forward, then back on two legs, and forward again. He looked quite bored, borderline wallflower status, and he contemplated returning home to his temporary flat. But, there was more comfort here with the sound of people living and breathing and generally having a good (sometimes good \'n drunk) time. It beat listening to his neighbor talk to the cat that she kept concealed in her apartment, anyway.
Mathias hated cats. He was more of a dog person.

There was a paper there on the table in front of him, and it was packed with lines and lines of rhymes that seemed to be absolute and utter nonsense. But they ran beautifully, and rolled off the tongue well. His sharp, clear blue eyes ran over each stanza, and his mouth followed, shaping out the words with his lips. At length, he let out a lazy yawn.

Sa.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 11:44:45 AM »
Morene turned back to the bar, her head locked in the direction of the man who had just sat down only two seats away from her. She took notice of his care with his arm, and also took notice of the yawn that ran through him. She smiled deviantly, the show of happiness threatening to become a smirk, as she stood slowly.

She walked with only a few paces over the the man, and let a slender pale finger tap him on the shoulder.

Starcatcher

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 12:40:59 PM »
The paper before Mathias held a rather peculiar piece of poetry. It read:
"There once was a tiger of paper
Whom decided that it would be safer
To learn how to read,
Instead of to breed
For his thickness was that of a wafer.

But it is up to us to decide
If that thickness was in head or in hide
His dream was forlorn,
No child was born
From books, no matter how hard he tried.
"

His brow was furrowed over contemplating the next few lines when a light tapping disturbed him. "Ow," he muttered automatically, though it didn\'t really hurt. Lifting his head, he half turned himself around (being careful of his arm) to look at the girl. She was very pretty, in a kind of surreal looking way, he thought. The purple hair was interesting enough, mostly because of the quality of its curves. It almost looked like it could come alive and wrap around her.
Mathias rubbed his eyes. No, of course it couldn\'t. Charm kicked in, and he smiled a sort of roguish looking half-grin. "Well, hi there, girlee," Mathias practically sang. "Can I help you with something?"

Sa.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 01:33:34 PM »
She Smiled warmly at him, and Retracted her pale arm. "Maybe" She moved to sit next to him, gently settling herself on the stool next to him. "This club has been such a bore. Do you think you could help me have a little more fun?" The question came out much more deviant then she obviously meant for it to be, and she seemed to have not even noticed. She turned her focus to the poetry for a moment. "And whats this?" her attention now solely on the poetry.

Starcatcher

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 02:25:40 PM »
He smiled at her with his blue eyes.
The truth was, he was all funned out for the night, but he would be entirely asleep before he would openly admit that.
"Well, I\'ll just have to see what I can do about that. It wouldn\'t really be all that fair for a pretty kid like you to go home disappointed."
Ignoring the soreness of his shoulder:
"You look like a girl who likes to dance."
The only problem was, they all did. It wasn\'t too uncommon in a club, after all.

But his poetry saved him from making a fool of himself, for now.
The writing on the paper ran rampant. Smack in the center was the bit about the paper tiger, while sentences without ends streaked around it and behind it. Blurbs, phrases, ideas...
"The call to War hath summoned ye, and summoned me as well. For most chaotic of Poets, the journey, for us, begins at the Gates of Hell. Unto the Armory of the Devil himself, we venture before it may rain. To call his name, and stir the Sleeper, for his time, too, has come again. And to the Kingdom of Heaven, where the Waker lies, for he shall ride loyally by our side. His fountain of wisdom and loyalty true, leads us back down from the blue...Unto the Earth, where the Dreamer there waits, a vision he has seen of his oncoming Fate..."

"AStarOnceWonderedWhatItMayBeLikeToBeSoMuchTinierAndToLiveOnAPlanetWhere
AllTheHeavensSeemedSoFarAway

AChildOnceWonderedWhatItMayBeLikeToBeSoMuchBiggerAndToLiveInTheSkyWithFriends
WhomWouldNeverDisappear"

"The Earth and the Sky had a rather healthy relationship between them. They never tired of each other, at least. For years, their children tried to compose a marriage as harmonious as their\'s, but could not."

"The strongest of heroes can save themselves."

"Hell is relevant. Therefore, Hell is irrelevant."

"Oh...Those?" He grinned. "Those are my dreams. Be careful. That paper might disappear if you stare at it too long."

Sa.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 03:20:48 PM »
"I know a bit of poetry, though I cant say I write it all that often" She trailed off, and she grabbed him lightly by the arm, and gently pulled him from the rough bar stool, speaking as they walked.

"I dream sweet dreams of a revered beauty,
I dream sweet dreans of a stocky pretty
I dream sweet dreams in cloudless imaginations,
I dream sweet dreams in unburned perspective!

I dream sweet dreams I find so strange,
I dream dreams in pure thoughts of no charade
I dream yet again that I\'ll see you no more,
I dream as deep in the faint of Obudu plains.

I dream of a place where passion gives no pain,
I dream of a place it gives little or no strain
I dream of rare beauties unseen by Old Calabar,
I dream and I miss you in the depth of our winter

I dream sweet dreams of lasting love,
I dream of beauty transposed in my arms
I dream off to London, as a man who\'s insane
I dream of you running, and I\'m doing just the same

Dreaming dreams like a never ending story
"

By the time she had finished, they had reached the dance floor, and determined to tire her prey out even more, she led him onto the floor of flashing lights.