Author Topic: Acting Out  (Read 3454 times)

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Acting Out
« on: September 11, 2006, 03:58:41 AM »
As the last couple of girls drunkenly stumbled out of the club, laughing and singing loudly, a figure sitting on the curb along the street watched them go, but didn’t really see them. He was too busy wondering why he was even here. He took a drag, then flicked his cigarette into the street as he exhaled, the ash blowing away in the slight breeze. He had left his friends a while back, leaving them to get on with whatever they were doing, whether it be trying to get off with as many random girls as they could, or just getting stone drunk.

They hadn’t been at Club 0, and by the time Ichabod had arrived here they had stopped letting people in, so he’d waited outside. This building was normally incredibly crowded anyway, not something he really liked, so sitting outside as the crowds ebbed away was fine by him.

A taxi honked it’s horn at him and Ichabod waved the black car away, not moving from his position, except to glance over at the service entrance to see if there was any movement there yet as he rubbed his finger under the bridge of his glasses. Of course, he wasn’t expecting anything, there was probably still a lot to clean up in there, but he, for some reason unknown to himself, was willing to wait.

He wore a pair of light denim jeans, and a soft black shirt was all he had to protect him from the wind, but he didn’t seem to notice it as he took another long drag on his cigarette. He knew Nikki didn’t like people smoking around him, but Ichabod was so nervous he felt like he’d been chain smoking all night. He was planning on putting it out as soon as the older man came out of the building, but until then he was just trying to relax. He’d had a couple of drinks tonight, but was no where near drunk, he just hadn’t been in the mood, and the only reason he’d drunk at all was because his friends had been pestering him about what had been bugging him. As soon as he’d had a drink they’d left him alone.

Ichabod hadn’t told them about meeting Nikki that morning, or that he was going to be coming here tonight. This wasn’t something he wanted to share. This was the one thing he’d really done on his own for a long time, and wanted to keep it as his own and not get stuck in his normal way of behaving, and turning up here was certainly acting out of character. He wasn’t going to let his friends ruin this friendship Ichabod had felt starting up. They already made it difficult by insisting they went to another club after Ichabod couldn\'t give them a good enough reason for going to the same place twice int he same number of nights.  

A lot sooner than he had expected Ichabod heard the service door opening and he quickly tossed the cigarette on the ground and stood on it, putting it out with a swift twist of his heel. He stood up off the curb with the same movement, turning his gaze to the door as he ran a hand through his hair. His eyes quickly searched through the crowd of workers, looking for the long blonde hair that would show him where Nikki was.

Daeron

Re: Acting Out
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 04:16:00 AM »
Nikki took a long nap after leaving the diner, waking up just in time to high-tail it to the club. It wouldn\'t be the first time he was late to work and he hoped it wasn\'t the last either. He had hastily thrown on a pair of dark denim jeans and the normal tight black tee that had a very deep red trim. Nikki quickly threw his messy blonde locks in a ponytail close to the nape of his neck and was out the door in less than 20 minutes.

When he arrived his boss chewed him out, giving him the usual lecture of tardiness and the importance of the job, Nikki just nodded to him as he did every time he got this speech and went right to work.

Club 0 had a very busy night, he barely had any time to himself and was constantly mixing drinks and talking to the customers. Though the one person he wanted to see the most never showed up. He knew it wasn\'t a set date and that there was no reason to expect Ichabod to show up, he just hoped to see him tonight. Needless to say Nikki was dissapointed when he didn\'t see the brown-haired boy.

Hours later when the last of the drunken girls stumbled out of the club he and the other bartenders cleaned up and wiped down their stations. He was glad the night was finally over, somehow he wasn\'t as awake tonight as he was most nights. He blamed it on the loud club and the slight headache wracking his brain, but the truth was he was saddened that Ichabod hadn\'t come.

Waving goodbye to the others he stepped away from the bar and walked towards the Service door, pushing it open and walking out. Azure eyes looked about for a cab, but he found something more interesting to look at, a huge smile broke out on his lips as he walked over to the brown-haired boy.

"Ichabod, I didn\'t think you would come..."

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 04:42:22 AM »
Ichabod\'s dark eyes met Nikki\'s azure coloured orbs, smiling as he saw him. He took a step towards the blonde, then hesitated at his words. He had not actually wanted him to come? Had it just been an empty invitation? But seeing the huge smile on the others face made Ichabod think otherwise.

He hooked his thumbs into the pockets of his jeans, lowering his gaze to the ground then raising them again, his eyes full of uncertainty.

"Yeah, well...my friends wanted to go somewhere else, so I went with them, then I just thought, I might as well come here after. We weren\'t having a great time anyway. Not that you were a second choice. I mean, I know we didn\'t make any real arrangements, but I thought it would be better to come, rather than leave you hanging. Not that I think you were hanging on and waiting for me, you probably have better things to do...it\'s just..."

Ichabod shut his mouth suddenly, realising how he was rambling and probably not making much sense, and to stop himself from saying what he had been about to. I wanted to see you again. His cheeks reddened a little as the blood rushed to them, hoping it wouldn\'t be easily seen under the streetlights. He cleared his throat slightly, hoping Nikki didn\'t think he was a complete idiot.

"So, um, good night at work?" he asked, trying to forget his useless preamble.

Daeron

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 04:48:55 AM »
Nikki took a step forward as well, resting agaisnt the black steel lampost which illuminated them in artificial light. Hands found their way into his jean pockets, thumbs hooking into the fabric there.

He listened to Ichabod ramble on and on about why he had not seen him in the club. He enjoyed the light blush that filled his cheeks, accentuating his cheekbones.

"It\'s all right, we didn\'t have a set arrangement. But I am very happy that you came and visited me, I was having quite a lousy time until now..." He wasn\'t one to beat around the bush when he liked something or someone, but he didn\'t outright tell Ichabod either that he enjoyed his company, more than he should.

"Wasn\'t great, I got yelled out by my boss, he said I am on his bad list" He shrugged with a smile knowing full well his boss wouldn\'t fire him, he was too good of a bartender to get fired for being late. .

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 04:58:46 AM »
Ichabod pushed his hand through his hair again, ruffling it up without realising what he was doing. He was a little embarassed, but pleased that Nikki had said his night was better now he was here, it was nice to feel that someone was happy he was around. There were so many people in his group of friends they could easily take or leave people.

"Oh, what did you do ?" Ichabod asked, curiously, half wondering why Nikki didn\'t seem to mind if his boss was in a bad mood with him, "or was he just in a shitty mood?" he added, not wanting it to sound like he was blaming the blonde for anything.

The thought didn\'t pass Ichabod\'s mind that the other might not want to stand on the sidealk chatting, he might have somewhere to go. He was just enjoying standing here, more than he normally enjoyed just standing chatting to almost complete strangers.

Daeron

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 05:05:29 AM »
"I was late, but I am always late really. Derek can just shove it up his ass, he knows he needs me he just likes to chew me out every once in a while" Nikki laughed, winking at Ichabod while brushing errant strands of hair that had fallen out of the elastic band and fell in front of his face.

"Particulary shitty today, I do not know why. It must have been because the club was overly crowded today" He shrugged once more, pushing himself off the of the lampost and looking down the empty streets.

"Do you have any plans for tonight?" He asked almost shyly, wanting to spend more time with Ichabod, but not wanting to interupt anything if he had other arrangements already. Nikki wasn\'t sure what to do, normally after work he would go home and read himself to sleep, but tonight he wanted to spend with Ichabod for selfish reasons.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 05:19:01 AM »
Hearing Nikki\'s words Ichabod was especially glad he had waited until later before going to see him. If it had been so crowded in there Ichabod wouldn\'t have felt comfortable talking to anyone, let alone someone who would have been busy all night.

"No, no plans," Ichabod said quickly, then wished he\'d slowed it down a little. He didn\'t get why he as so enthusiastic to spend time with Nikki, maybe it was just because he wanted to get to know the real person, not the rumours he\'d heard, but he didn\'t think that was all of it. "Why? did you want to do something? What were you thinking of?" he added, then realised Nikki hadn\'t actually said he did want to do something.

Daeron

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 05:23:08 AM »
At first he wasn\'t sure that Ichabod wanted to spend time with him as well, but the way he spoke to him showed that he was just as enthusiastic as he himself was. This night just seemed to get better by the minute.

"I didn\'t have any plans in mind really, I was hoping you did. I am not normally out this late..." He admitted hoping Ichabod would choose a nice place because the cool night was getting to him, and he had forgotten a jacket and his scarf in his rush to get to work.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 05:46:19 AM »
Icabod shrugged slightly, "Umm, I\'m not really sure. I\'m not normally out on the streets now either. Maybe we could find a late night bar, there\'s probably one around here somewhere," he said with a small smile. He normally didn\'t wander around the streets after the clubs closed trying to find other places, but it could be interesting.

"Or we could maybe go to the library, it\'ll be quite there at this time of night, but it\'ll be warm, and they don\'t seem to mind if you take coffee or stuff in there, at least, they\'ve never complained when I have." Ichabod shrugged again, hoping Nikki wasn\'t going to laugh at his suggestion. He had spent many nights in that place and felt really comfortable in there. He wasn\'t sure if Nikki had ever been there, but Ichabod liked it, and hoped he would.

Daeron

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 05:51:48 AM »
The bar didn\'t sound so pleasing to him at the moment, especially spending the last couple of hours working in one. He was quite releaved when Ichabod had suggested the library, he had gone their often in the day time but didn\'t know it was open this late at night. The thought of being in a practically empty place, that was quite and warm was quite appealing, and the thought of Ichabod with him only increased his want to go there.

"That sounds wondeful Ichabod, a cup of coffee and the library, nothing could be better" He grinned, it could but he kept those images in his mind, not wanting to freak Ichabod out too much. He didn\'t know why the messy hair boy was on his mind so much, but he didn\'t think too much on the subject.

"Lead the way?"

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 06:07:32 AM »
"Ok," Ichabod said, a grin spreading over his face as Nikki sounded so enthusiastic about the idea. "It\'s quite a long way to walk, we should probably get a cab, but theres a coffee shop right next door where we can get something to drink," he said, waving his hand at a cab that had just turned the corner and bringing it to a stop near them.

He opened the door nearest them and waved an arm at it, gesturing for Nikki to get in, "Shall we?" he said with a grin, before moving around and getting in the other side of the cab.

((I\'ll make another thread at the library, or we can rp the ride if you want))

Daeron

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 06:12:28 AM »
"That is a good idea, I do not think I could walk much further, I have stood all night" He grinned while Ichabod hailed a cab, the yellow car stopping in front of them.

When Ichabod opened the door for him he smiled and tilted his head forward. "Thank you" He passed Ichabod, barely brushing agaisnt him as he slipped into the leather seat of the back, Ichabod rounding the car and sitting down next to him.

"The library..." He said to the cabbie who immedietaly took off at a normal pace, since their was no traffic so late at night.