Author Topic: Character Drawings and Such  (Read 6410 times)

Offline Kysis

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • The Relentless Muse Blog
Character Drawings and Such
« on: December 26, 2006, 05:55:13 AM »
Yep, I love to draw, despite not being to good.  I\'m working on it!  So, here\'s some of my stuff.

This is Kronos from my book Mikara Falling.  I love him to death. ^^
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/41144444/

This is Terra from my El\'essa RP series.  Yay!
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/42477560/

Kronos again.  I can\'t help myself.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39388775/?qo=10&q=by%3Akysis&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps

Castle. Yummy.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/32568534/?qo=63&q=by%3Akysis&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps

And that is it for now.  I haven\'t gotten artwork up on dA for a while so.... yep, soon soon.

~kysis
Μεταξύ λάμψη και τρέλα

Lord Kysis Liari (Ένας πεσμένος ήρωας.),
Fenwick Baldor (Song, wine, and a bit of trouble),
Calista Liari (Θραύσματα Ομορφιά)

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Character Drawings and Such
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 06:10:20 AM »
I really like them :) I\'m terrible at drawing people (although they seem to be the things I doodle most) but you do it really well, I especially like the style you do hair with.

Oh, and because I keep forgetting to post in your welcome thread, welcome! Have a turkey! :turkey:

Offline Kysis

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 06:48:59 AM »
Thankies!!!  I doodle people lots too, but most don\'t come out worth anything.  I pretty much sketch Kronos non-stop, so I\'ve gotten best with him.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome!  I\'m loving this place so far.
Μεταξύ λάμψη και τρέλα

Offline Kysis

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 07:03:01 AM »
Double posts are evil, but I have a ton of new character art that I feel the need to share.

Kronos, from Mikara Falling.  I\'ve found a way to sneak him or a version of him into every story/rp of mine except for the ones here, so I\'m working on it.

Another of Kronos, more Mikara Falling stuff.  Yeah, I need to rp as him more....

Bierrez Kholde who reminds me a lot of Kysis Liari on here.  I love Bierrez to death, really. *tear*

And V\'ran, \'cause I\'m weird.

I really need to draw the characters I use on this site. *sigh*
Μεταξύ λάμψη και τρέλα

Offline Mandy

• VIP
  • Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 07:52:11 AM »
Excellent work!

I`d love to see some of these done in color! You have such a wonderful mastery of hair! :) Good work, my friend!
Infusco: Mandy Lynn, Heather Sykes, Gabriel "Gabe"
The Savage Islands: Trey Hunt

"Man is the only creature that blushes... or has reason to." (Paraphrase)
- Mark Twain

Offline Kysis

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 10:50:18 AM »
Awwww, thank you! (If you saw my attempts at coloring, you\'d understand why they aren\'t here)
Μεταξύ λάμψη και τρέλα

w0rmy

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 11:25:42 AM »
Wow! I agree with the others, I love how you draw hair. Very nice. I quite like \'V\'ran\'s Escape\'. I must comment on it via deviantart...

Offline Kysis

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 05:15:11 AM »
Whoa.  It\'s weird getting comments on my dA page.  Usually doesn\'t happen.  Thankyou!!!!  It\'s good to know the insane amount of time I spent on the hair was not a waste.
Μεταξύ λάμψη και τρέλα

Offline Kysis

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 10:54:20 AM »
Arg.  I hate double posts, really.  So sorry about this one.  Trying a new style, well, sorta.  I still need to look at some male form studies to get the body right on this one, though I like the face.  The hair needs a little work too.

So, here\'s a new one.

Death is the Road to Awe

Just a rough draft.  I will be working on a much better, finished draft in the next few days.
Μεταξύ λάμψη και τρέλα

Offline Kysis

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 08:29:02 AM »
As a body/pose study I am drawing Michelangelo\'s Pieta.  Really excited about this one.  I\'ll update when I\'ve got more of it done.

http://kysis.deviantart.com/art/Pieta-In-Progress-66070821
Μεταξύ λάμψη και τρέλα

Offline Mandy

• VIP
  • Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 08:40:50 AM »
I`d almost leave it as it is.

It holds a dramatic effect - fading off like it does. Alot of artists use this technique to create a sense of depth in their work. Of course, if you have a different vision for the final piece, then go for the gusto. As for my personal opinion however - I wouldn`t add another stroke!

Very wonderful work!:D
Infusco: Mandy Lynn, Heather Sykes, Gabriel "Gabe"
The Savage Islands: Trey Hunt

"Man is the only creature that blushes... or has reason to." (Paraphrase)
- Mark Twain

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 10:52:26 AM »
It\'s not bad, but it\'s a bit too dark for my liking.  We had to draw up a grid and pencil sketch Michelangelo statues in high school.  I did Mother and Child and it ended up quite dark also - I only got 17 out of 20, whereas D. did The Pieta and she ignored the grid completely but got 19 out of 20 (the teacher was a dickhead who couldn\'t cope with D. having more talent than her was always our opinion). :p  

I\'m therefore somewhat biased when I look at yours because hers is burned into my memory but what you have done well - thanks to the Pieta - is get the different lines of pectoral mauscles vs. Jesus\' head angle happening and that\'s what you need to do more of in the last picture you posted (the awe one).  The angles for the pecs and his far shoulder in \'Death is the Road to Awe\' were a little bit crooked to my eye (and I think that\'s what your critic meant when he said the pecs need work, but he wasn\'t specific enough) and you shouldn\'t see any hair on the other side of his head (everything on the top of his crown looks too thick and going in strange directions, too).

That said, your Pieta is looking fantastic on the Jesus side of things but a bit heavy on the Mary side of things - that should lighten up when you do her robe because it has some broader planes without folds to balance everything around her head.  I think you needed the Jesus part to help you with your own drawings anyway, so keep it up :)
«~Infusco
Jeanne D'Arshan DavidKerr GalvinOwen HarperIndianaDominic KahoTau LeanderSamuel TaylorFrederigo Tripada

«~Infusco Past
Anatoli

«~Oberon Castle
Lam Dinaris PhinneusQueen Rochelle

«~Halflight
Aarik Cathmoor

Offline Satyr

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 03:15:13 PM »
I like the dark lines.  When I drew Pieta it came out too light (imo).  I\'m not a heavy handed drawer though, I tend to brush with my pencil.

I agree with EO about Death Is The Road To Awe, hair doesn\'t look right, we see too much of it.

I still think you have oodles of talent and practise will bring it out.  I think it\'s a good idea to get away from the anime stuff, better for your creativity if you do.
Infusco: Ben : Charon : Cicero : Helio : Jenna : Lazarus : Quin : Vincent : Yuri
Infusco Past: Tiberius
Oberon: Mayhew (Boy King)
Halflight: Samuel

Offline Kysis

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 10:38:01 PM »
Awww, thank you all.  ^^

I totally agree with you on "Death..." about too much hair and strange looking body.  I should have found a reference rather than trying to convert a female body into a male one.  That never works out quite right... :blink:

But I will keep working in the realistic realm.

Oh yeah!  The reference pic I have of the Pieta is really, really heavily shadowed, and I love that look.  It makes me think of Baroque art, which is my favorite period.  I should try drawing it from a different angle that has less shadows though, \'cause I draw really heavy handed and really dark all the time.  Hehe... I also need to take some art classes.  That might help.  Last one I had was when I was 12ish, so yeah.

Thank you all!  That is a lot of help and it tickles me pink to see people looking at my work.
Μεταξύ λάμψη και τρέλα

Offline Kysis

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 02:44:17 PM »
Well, back to the anime.

Here\'s a pic I drew of Kysis, first time I\'ve attempted drawing him in a while.  Usually when I draw him, I screw up majorly, so I\'m pretty proud of this one.  Just needed to fix the scars, which are not right, but vaguely placed sorta like they should be.  Bleh.

I\'m taking an art class at University next semester, so that should help some. *dies*
Μεταξύ λάμψη και τρέλα