Author Topic: Secrets  (Read 12398 times)

Offline Harlequin

• Founder
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Secrets
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 01:18:50 PM »
"No, no," said Pheobe, laughing gently, "How d\'ye get it to be that colour? So pale, and yet...is it as soft as it looks?"

Pheobe realized she was being somewhat forward, and really musch too blunt, but it was lovely.

She leaned back, suddenly, "Oh, I\'m sorry, ye must excuse me," she said, waving a hand, "I just..haven\'t never seen nothin\' like it before in all my born days." She smiled wanly, "Don\'t mean to be pryin\' or nothin\'."

Offline Kysis

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • The Relentless Muse Blog
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 01:37:17 PM »
"The color?"  Alia\'s nose wrinkled in a girlish fashion, furrowed brows and twisted lip along with it as she looking back to the ringlet she was holding.  Well, Alia hadn\'t seen anyone with hair like hers in Oberon, minus her own family.  It was just... strange and new.  It was also the first complement Alia had gotten ever that she could remember.  Those big blue optics blinked a few more times before she found the strength of voice to speak again, "No, it\'s quite alright.  Thank you, it\'s... It\'s the natural color."

Alia could not help but smile.  So, this was what it felt like to receive a complement?  Alia had never imagined it feeling any good at all.  Of course, she was a little over excited, coughing in to her little white cloth.  She had gotten good at judging when each ripping cough would come, so they were easy to shield.  Alia had been so long in the illness after all...  But she would not think of it.  Alia actually pushed her hood back so her hair could be better seen, the full palor of her face also in full view now.  She\'d forgotten.

"Is it really so strange here in Oberon?"  Suddenly Alia understood her brother\'s curiousity about the place, mirroring it herself.  Now that there was something for her to wonder over, she wanted to know.  It was much like how she felt with her books, unable to put them down until she had read all the way through.  Alia was excited to hear the answer.
Μεταξύ λάμψη και τρέλα

Lord Kysis Liari (Ένας πεσμένος ήρωας.),
Fenwick Baldor (Song, wine, and a bit of trouble),
Calista Liari (Θραύσματα Ομορφιά)

Offline Harlequin

• Founder
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 09:47:01 AM »
"Not just in Oberon, lass," said Pheobe, "I\'ve been travelin\' this country from eas\' to west for most o\' my life, and I can really say I\'ve hever seen hair that colour naturally." She shook her head, and folded her hands in her lap, "Lovely," she murmured, once again, then laughed, "Look at me, cooin\' and droolin\' like a child. Y\'must think I\'m a damn fool!"

She laughed again, at that, "Not that that\'s so far from th\'truth," she added, "My name\'s Pheobe, by the way. Pheobe Thibideaux."

Offline Kysis

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • The Relentless Muse Blog
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 11:02:56 PM »
"Oh."

Well, that did certainly make Alia feel like a sore thumb, sticking out as she really must have.  The girl managed a smile though, listening to the name closely and repeating it mentally.  Alia was always good with names, not that she was ever introduced to many people to make it an issue.  They must have all thought she had chalked her hair too, or something of the sort.  At least she could just smile secretly about it and know the truth.

"I\'m Alia Dinaris.  It\'s a pleasure to meet you."

Alia had seen people shake hands before, though it was always men (which she disregarded).  So, in fashion of how two business partners might do so, Alia extended her slender hand in the offering of a hand-shake.  It must have looked strange, with the frilly ends of her dress right there at her wrist.  But Alia paid no heed.  She only wished friendly conversation, and who better than a bard to give it?

"Where I\'m from, northern Greece, it is quite normal.  Might you have stumbled upon Kreos at some time?"
Μεταξύ λάμψη και τρέλα

Lord Kysis Liari (Ένας πεσμένος ήρωας.),
Fenwick Baldor (Song, wine, and a bit of trouble),
Calista Liari (Θραύσματα Ομορφιά)