Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Of monotony and secret laughter...  (Read 11569 times)

Totally Manders

Re: Of monotony and secret laughter...
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 01:04:02 PM »
Wow.

Idrial had the same thoughts of that line that he did. But would be tell her this? He sighed and then smiled just a little more. "...That\'s exactly what I thought of it."

He closed the book over now, staring down at his hands. He didn\'t know why she was still talking to him, but it was nice in a way.

"...Why are you still talking to me?" Well, there. It was out. He\'d asked her. Now she could give him the answer and then it would be done with. He was glad to have met someone who had also read The Passion of Life, but he really just wanted to be alone now.

He wasn\'t used to being around others. He was used to being on his own. He just hoped that last question hadn\'t come off as annoyed or angry, he just wanted to be alone. Maybe Idrial would get the hint and go? Not that he wanted her to leave and never talk to him again, he just didn\'t want to talk to anyone at the moment.

Being on his own was what he was used to. And that was all there was to it.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
Re: Of monotony and secret laughter...
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 09:51:30 AM »
"...That\'s exactly what I thought of it."

He smiled a little and slowly closed the book over his hands. His face seemed to be filled with an awe but it was mixed with something else. Idrial couldn\'t quite tell what that was until he spoke.  

"...Why are you still talking to me?"

She could tell by his voice that he wanted to be alone, she smiled at him before speaking.

"If you wanted to be alone all you have to do is ask ... It was nice talking to you but let be give your some advice ... Solitude may get you far in the Acedamy but in the real world ... Solitude will only get you so far I know because that is what I did when I came to the Academy ... I bid you farwell Nate."

She suddenly rose form where she was sitting with grace and stepped away a few steps. She then changed into a wolf and looked back at Nate with her orange eyes and slowly walked away. If he was to call her back she would come but other than that she would not force herself to stay.