Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Empty Halls  (Read 23308 times)

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Empty Halls
« on: May 08, 2007, 08:48:42 AM »
There was a window open somewhere, or broken, either way, the breeze was easily felt and heard as a high pitched whistle made it\'s way down the cold stone corridor. If you listened carefully you could hear footsteps echoing around the building, constant voices, shouts, the clank of weaponry.

But Jenno wasn\'t listening to any of it, he couldn\'t feel the cold wind or hear the annoying whistle of the wind which came and went. This corridor was rarely used, it was near the top of the building, towards one of the towers and Jenno sat in a huddle underneath a flickering light, a cloak wrapped around himself against the chill that he was ignoring, a large book propped up against his knees.

He lightly traced his finger down the page, reading swiftly and then flipping the page and continuing quickly, not pausing for a moment. Jenno was three quarters of the way through the large book and still going strong, he had taken it out of the library earlier in the day and by the looks of the fragile pages it looked it had been read by hundreds of students before and witnessed various interesting occurances, a couple of the pages had been difficutl to read because of the blood splatter. Still, a book that told about the best ways to disect various parts of the body without killing the victim was bound to have been put to use. Some people would need the diagrams there the first time.

But he wouldn\'t. Jenno could already see the body cut open in his head and was tucking away the information safely in his mind, ready to try out...next time. He didn\'t need the book with him, he would be able to see these intricate words and diagrams in his mind when he needed them and was already combining them with previous information, working out ways to improve on these ancient arts. To keep someone alive, but open and able to see how their bodies were working while they looked up in you with that look in their eyes? That look that showed they knew it would all end soon, but not soon enough. That look he stored in his mind to remember, so he could remember all the good times. They too were stored away in his head like all the information he had processed over the past few years.

Still, his memory of the contents of this book might have been improved by the fact that this was not the first time he had read this book. It had been one of the first he had checked out when he first arrived, and he generally read it about once a year. He didn\'t need to read it to refresh his memory, but he enjoyed reading the familiar words and enjoyed the feeling of already knowing everything it was telling him.

Jenno reached up, tightening the bandana (red,matching his sash) which held back his dark locks as his eyes continued to scan the tiny words. He kept reading, straining his eyes without even realising it in the growing darkness and not hearing the approaching footsteps or seeing the figure who appeared from around a corner.

Offline Shadowstorm

• Halflight Admin
  • Senior Editor
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Empty Halls
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 07:25:27 AM »
Silence was sought by many a soul, although the cover of darkness was often the best disguise for this immoral, forbidden practise.
Fingers dancing within the bath of dim ochre, soft toe-treads brought the puppet-master just that little bit closer; blonde tresses bobbing against piled glass beads..

One experiment was stowed here, hidden beneath the loose floorboards - preserved for the moment...but what better night but under the watch of a sickly yellow sphere; and a skyfull of quiet witnesses...?

Pulling midnight silk close to a lithe frame; Nitor skulked so silently into the abandoned hall, animal-like eyes peering suspiciously around the corner...
Company.
Company was never the best catalyst.
Although perhaps the product for a different sort of reaction.

Smile twisting pouting lips, shadows engulfed this particular figure, light kissing the highlights of a defined jawline and shimmering through a spiralling tress as it snaked it\'s way over Jenno\'s shoulder; the husky whisper coupled with moist, humid breath, "Now what would a pretty little thing like you be doing sneaking around at this ungodly time...mmm?"

((apologies for the considerably short length...\'fraid I need to lay down and rest after my lack of blood. ^_^\'\' ))

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 08:42:44 AM »
((Don\'t worry about it :) ))

Jenno didn\'t hear anyone approaching, he was too absorbed in his reading, his greatest failing and something he was constantly reprimanded for, too much focus on what he was doing and not on his surroundings.

But there was no way he couldn\'t notice the face looming over his shoulder and despite not hearing the quiet footsteps he did hear the voice, felt the breath on his cheek and the shadow suddenly blocking of the light to the page. Jenno didn\'t jump or even give any sign that he was surprised at the person\'s appearance, although inside he was already scolding himself. He shut his dark eyes for a moment, suddenly noticing the stinging which came from hours of reading in a dim light and brought his focus away from the written words. He turned his head slightly towards the face, his dark eyes opening once more and drifting over it slowly, vaguely recognising the thin face. Wasn\'t he in his house? He wasn\'t quite sure...he didn\'t usually pay much attention to the other people in the academy.

"Sneaking? Perhaps I should ask you the same?" he murmured in a quiet voice after his tongue sneaked out and lightly wet his dry lips. Jenno rarely spoke at the normal volume and in the silent hallway even his quiet murmur seemed far too loud. He didn\'t think he was sneaking at all, he wasn\'t trying to hide the fact that he was here, he was just sitting, reading. Alright, so he was supposed to be in his room right now, but how was someone supposed to read when your room mate was snoring loud enough to wake the dead? As he waited to see what the other young man (he couldn\'t remember his name just yet, although he was quickly searching his memory) would say Jenno tucked a stray peice of black hair which had escaped from his bandana behind his ear, the white tip flicking out underneath and curling around his lobe.

Offline Shadowstorm

• Halflight Admin
  • Senior Editor
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 07:55:04 AM »
A stretched, bony finger met Jenno\'s; twirling that strand of sable fluidly behind the other boy\'s ear, a breathy laugh sending sharp jolts of hot breath down his collar, teeth uncomfortably encircling the curve of cartilage with a deathly quiet hissing,
"Sneaking is what I do, my dear."

Snaking downward, digits had already stroked up the length of that sharpened blade...
If force was necessary...
Although, that wasn\'t the way this game was headed, stroking the smooth curve of the pieces with such fervent interest.
Persuasion was best pushed through carnal means, appeal to the body, appeal to the mind.
Rhythmically, fingertips danced little circles around a tense shoulder, exploring down toward a delicate collarbone.

"And apparently, I\'m not alone...mmmm? Always nice to have a little...."

He paused oh-so-briefly to draw away, drawing a deep sniff into those ebony locks, and down a curved neck, letting out a lengthy groan of muffled pleasure, the last word entwined in salacious heat,

"Company."

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 06:03:02 PM »
Jenno stayed still when he felt those sharp teeth closing on his ear but his body relaxed slightly when his fingers rubbed over his shoulder and moved downwards. However although his muscles had relaxed a little Jenno was still very alert and awar of what was going on behind him.

He couldn\'t help admitting to himself that his gentle caress felt nice and the hot breath on his neck sent a tingle down his spine, making Jenno tilt his head backwards to rest lightly on Nitor\'s shoulder although he managed to keep his own moan to himself. He took a slow breath as he slid his heavy book shut and moved it from his knees down to the stone floor beside him, letting his hand rest on it where he knew it was much closer to the small knife attached to his boot. He didn\'t know why this figure might want to hurt him, but he wasn\'t going to put anything past the people in this building. And seduction to put someone off their guard wouldn\'t be a new idea.

"What do you want?" he murmured, turning his head a little from it\'s place on his shoulder to get a better look at the face beside him before letting his tongue snake out and run across the ear beside his mouth then lifting his lips to suck on the lobe. It may have seemed like a ridiculous question given what the other man was doing, but it was rare around here that people wanted something for nothing. Of course, Jenno wasn\'t opposed to a bit of fun, as the gentle sucking on Nitor\'s ear lobe indicated, he just wanted to make sure he wasn\'t going to have to do something else in return.

Offline Shadowstorm

• Halflight Admin
  • Senior Editor
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 08:06:40 AM »
Gentle pressure on his shoulder satiated the longing for connection between the pair, blonde tresses bobbing downward to wrap further across a midnight-clad shoulder.
Warm saliva finding its way to an attentive ear gathered immediate attention, sharpened teeth baring in a predatorial smirk.
My, my, this was blossoming into a beautiful bouquet.

A musky scent drifted off this lust-driven body, those smooth shoulders over which Nitor\'s robes were sliding, showed off a sun-kissed neckline, shadowy collarbones indented. Skin to skin, as his lips delved beneath a curtain of ebony silk, meeting the nape of Jenno\'s neck tenderly at first before evolving in violence, teeth nipping sharply with the reverberance of soft, rolling purrs - tongue clicking against the roof of a moistened, open mouth.

"Whatever do you think I\'m doing, my dear boy?"

Power surging through that rushing heartbeat and strain of flowing blood, pulsating so rhythmically. Oh, such a beat that struck hard and fast and deep...
Such vibrance, such anticipation. He could almost taste that beautiful metallic sheen on the very tip of a snake-like tongue, blood as a crimson blossom of spreading, encompassing, unforgiving death.
Life, as beautiful as a butterfly\'s translucent fluttering wings...just as beautiful crushed and pinned to a board for eternity, colours, patterns, movement encased forever in one closed hand.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 12:47:13 AM »
Jenno gave a small smile when he felt the bite on his neck, enjoying the gentle nibble of the sharp teeth and nuzzling his cheek against the soft blonde hair. He lifted his right hand, the one that wasn\'t next to his knife and lightly ran his cold fingers over Nitor\'s neck, gripping and gently digging his nails into the pale skin. He could feel the pulse in Nitor\'s neck under the palm of his hand.

"You didn\'t answer my question," Jenno said, his voice a husky whisper as his hot breath flowed over the other\'s ear. There could be a big difference between what he was doing and what he wanted, one could simply be a step to the other and Jenno was trying to tell himself he wouldn\'t let himself get carried away and distracted until he knew for sure that he was safe, well, as safe as one could be in a building full of murderers. He knew that he had difficulties focusing on more than one thing at a time, if he let himself get carried away he would let his guard down. Fuck, why was it so hard to stay aware and focus?

Offline Shadowstorm

• Halflight Admin
  • Senior Editor
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 08:59:39 AM »
Throaty vibrations announced the rolling purr, ruffling the hair at the base of Jenno\'s neck, the nails in his own only heightening his desire for such a young, fresh catch.
His equally low, smooth laugh followed suit, "No, I didn\'t, did I?"

Already tempted by this honey-laced trap of his, although it was always nice to indulge with one who wished to indulge. Heavy lids dropped, mostly obscuring vision behind a creamy-gold fringe.
Strong hands found their way to midnight clad shoulders and urged him to turn - face tilted to accept the gaze of another into those sleepless, darkened eyes.

"Rest assured, I want nothing else but you."

One twist of the lips, one slip of the tongue, one gently sliding set of fingers trailing down the curve of Jenno\'s spine so carefully.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 10:46:42 PM »
Jenno followed Nitor’s urging to turn and moved onto his knees to face him with a smile as his dark eyes wandered over the other’s face.  He didn’t believe for a minute that this young man wanted what he was implying, his words could mean so many different things, but for now he was willing to go along with it. His curiosity had been piqued and Nitor had managed to press all of the right buttons so far and Jenno could see he wasn’t going to get many proper answers out of him.

He lightly rested his hands on his chest as he moved a little closer to him, arranging himself over Nitor’s legs and straddling him. He lifted one hand to run his fingers through his light coloured fringe so that he could see his eyes more clearly. A small smirk still played over his lips as he watched him, he didn’t trust him at all, but he didn’t believe that you have to have trust before you could do anything else with them.

“Just me?” he murmured quietly, cocking an eyebrow. This was either just a passing fancy for this student…or he knew who he was, he might have been following him. That thought was somewhat unnerving, but Jenno decided he should deal with that when, or if, it came to it. “Looks like y’ got me for now, better make the most of it,” he said, his voice still too quiet to echo in the empty corridor as his fingers lightly ran over the robes covering the other\'s chest.

Offline Shadowstorm

• Halflight Admin
  • Senior Editor
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 07:32:42 AM »
A face of such creamy hue, with shadows encircling intently staring eyes, uncomfortably staring eyes, beneath heavy lids and long lashes - beside perfect juxtapositions of caramel and rich golds, spirals and braids in such an arranged mess, glass beads clicking together as he swayed.

Waiting with hands lifted as if in a surrendering stance, the blonde\'s chin tilted to the sky, observing through his lashes as Jenno subsided and adjusted himself so comfortably - fingers curling over Nitor\'s shoulders.
Sure, he\'d been watching this particular young one for a while...not explicitly, but...
Well, chance knocked at his door, apparently.
Nitor smirked.

Lips parted with a run of a tongue over them, head favouring the left shoulder and one of Jenno\'s hands.
Sweet breath met the other\'s face fully, half exhaled into the night with a flash of sharp canines, a predatorial smirk.

"So I have."

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 08:03:40 AM »
Jenno lifted the thumb of the hand Nitor\'s head rested on and stroked it over the pale skin, staying silent. He didn\'t say much, and that Jenno approved of, but for all his seductive actions, now he was remaining far too still for the dark haired boy\'s liking. Well, Jenno wasn\'t planning on just sitting around and waiting, and he wasn\'t about to make the first move after it had been Nitor sneaking up on him.

He leant forwards slightly, grinding their groins together as his eyes lowered to the other\'s lips. He wet his own slightly, as though he was about to kiss him, hell, it was tempting when he could feel that warm breath on his own, but then he found his feet.

Jenno stood up in a smooth movement and moved to step off Nitor\'s lap, shaking his head slightly.

"Didn\'t make the most of it," he said with a small smile, as he moved away from the other student.

Offline Shadowstorm

• Halflight Admin
  • Senior Editor
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 04:48:44 AM »
Leaving was perhaps not as simple as previously planned, Nitor\'s boots hooked across the back of Jenno\'s knees with gentle insistence.
It was a sharp pull from his hips that would bring the youth back down toward him, hands following suit as they drifted none too gently to his \'opponent\'s\' shoulders, pushing gradually backward.

"Tsk, tsk...how impatient of you, darling..." he drawled, sharp nails digging their way through thin material, teeth connecting with soft flesh this time his head lurched forward for a violent lunge, filed teeth bared with an appetite for something more than blood....whispering softly, "If you want me to make the most of it, make it worth my while first..."

Nipping at taut skin, he moans the last words breathily, "After all...curiosity killed the cat."

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 07:55:25 AM »
If years of training hadn\'t sped up his reflexes Nitor suddenly pulling him back to the ground could easily have caused Jenno a painful crack to the knees, but instead Jenno managed to steady himself with a hand on the cold stone wall and lowered himself back into his place. He gave a smile when he realised this young man wasn\'t going to let him go so easily, but still didn\'t do much more than talk.

He stayed still, but with relaxed muscles as Nitor nibbled at his neck again. His breathing was slow and calm as he stroked his cheek against the beaded hair, his smile widening as Nitor let out another cliche. Curiousity killed the cat? How did that even fit this situation if he was trying to make him want to stay?

"You\'re not saying much to persuade me," he whispered, not flinching as nails dug painfully into his skin and letting his own hands wander up Nitor\'s arms, coming to rest lightly on his shoulders. "You\'re the one who disturbed me. You\'re the one who has to make the effort. I reckon you\'re just full of hot air. Not really up to acting," he said, drawing his head back slightly with a sly grin at Nitor.

Offline Shadowstorm

• Halflight Admin
  • Senior Editor
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 08:24:58 PM »
One finger traced it\'s way up the length of a beaded plait, twisting slowly and rhythmically, as his own smile joined the collection, "Why - what conflicting views we appear to have...since, as far as I see it - you\'re the one who shouldn\'t be here, I\'m the one with the authority. So, perhaps by being here...you are disturbing what would otherwise be a quiet duty...and thus, convincing me not to increase your imminent five lashes to fifteen might be worth you while."

Of course, with sash discarded for his shadowy robes - only if Jenno knew him well, could his bluff be called.
A warm tongue drew up the same shoulder previously clawed, as if licking wounds, the free hand now pushing away Jenno\'s robes quite unabashedly, yellowing and unclipped nails a little too rough at some points.

"Of course, with the right persuasion, I could simply report my night watch as uneventful and empty..."

Palms flattened, and pushed Jenno back to the floor, clambering in a sort of crouch over him as fingers left his hair and concentrated on undressing the boy beneath him, his actions devoid of grace and care.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 10:47:01 PM »
Jenno’s eyes narrowed slightly at the threat, not sure whether or not to believe him. He could easily be a higher level, Jenno hardly paid any attention to the people around him, he focused more on studying than interacting with other people in the school, apart from when practising fighting. If Nitor hadn’t finally begun to properly act on his words than he might have made a greater attempt to get away than he had previously, but instead he was more than willing to let the other student continue, not really caring about the outcome of it. Like most of the people here Jenno wasn’t above bribery, but a few lashes weren’t something he would bother doing it for. This was just for enjoyment.

He shook his arms a little as his robes were pushed from his shoulders, letting them fall off his arms, leaving his torso bare as Jenno twisted his neck to be able to press his lips against Nitor’s neck, returning the licks and nips with enthusiasm. He kept his balance as he was pushed backwards, letting himself fall back to the stone floor, sending a shiver through his body as he hot skin touched the cold stone.

“That’s better,” Jenno murmured with a grin, reaching up and pushing Nitor’s robes from his shoulders as had just been done to himself. He made no attempt to stop himself from being undressed and he lifted his hips to grind against the groin on top of him with a smile. There wasn’t much he could do now from this position to help so he just lay back to let Nitor do the work. Of course, once they were undressed he would do his fair share, but this was how Nitor wanted it like this for now.