Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Empty Halls  (Read 23218 times)

Offline Shadowstorm

• Halflight Admin
  • Senior Editor
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Empty Halls
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 07:25:13 AM »
A sudden ripping sound tore through the silence as Nitor\'s enthusiastic removal of his victim\'s clothing reached it\'s final few garments, leaving them discarded on the floor as his own simple robes slid down tan shoulders, bearing the self-inflicted scars of necromantic symbols, undressing down to nothing beneath his newly made blanket of discarded snowy grey and black cloth.

Long, curling nails dragged down from the centre of Jenno\'s collar bones to his hips, pausing just before hand to straddle the boy properly.
Shoulders arched, back lifted before Nitor\'s pink tongue trailed down the same route as his nails, although this time not stopping as beneath a veil of plaits and curls, the blonde left a spiral of saliva around his partner\'s shaft, claws firmly tensing just below Jenno\'s ribcage.

"Mmmm..." he agreed wordlessly, seeing little point in the continuation of conversation now that what he wanted was entirely established...

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 08:28:50 AM »
Jenno made no reaction of annoyance as his clothes were ripped, after all, he had others. He lifted his head a little to watch Nitor as his head trailed down his chest, enjoying the feel of the nails scratching down his skin, leaving red trails that would disappear in almost no time. He let out a slow breath as that warm tongue trailed around his shaft, causing his body to react impulsively and he started to get hard. He made no attempt to stop what Nitor was doing, but his upper body remained tense for now, in case the touches suddenly changed to something more aggressive…or at least, became too aggressive and dangerous.

Offline Shadowstorm

• Halflight Admin
  • Senior Editor
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 06:53:12 AM »
Purrs of enjoyment vibrated the young man\'s throat as blonde locks flopped across the base of Jenno\'s hips, sliding backward as Nitor\'s lips slipped downward, teeth gently grazing the top of his partner\'s shaft, keeping this tensed state, keeping the promise of possible violence, of a sudden outburst....

He rather enjoyed keeping the victim on edge, drawing back with another encirclement of his tongue, slightly heavier pressure, nails digging in and scratching outward.

That rumble of his throaty noises reverberated, sending those vibrations right to his partner\'s hips, long fingers curling around the boy\'s waist, his curling nails still hovering above the skin.
For only a moment, wild eyes took a glance from beneath that mop of hair, wild, malicious eyes...

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2007, 08:22:09 PM »
As tempting as it was to just let himself enjoy the feelings Nitor was stirring up inside him (which were only increased by the feeling of being on the edge, of it being dangerous) there was a small niggling feeling in the back of his mind that he shouldn’t. There was something wrong with this whole situation; no one ever came up here, what were the chances that Nitor would have come at the same time? And behind those scratches, they weren’t just a mixture of his lust, he caught the look he was given. There was more than sexual lust int hat look and Jenno had no plans on his stay at the school ending any time soon.

With one swift movement Jenno sat up and his hand reached forwards, aiming to grab Nitor by the throat with his pale fingers and push him backwards, away from the most sensitive part of his body. There was no malice in Jenno’s eyes, they were blank, as they had been for most of the night. For now, none of this was personal for him. Sex and violence, it was all just part of life at this place and he accepted that and took it all in his stride. But the easiest way to do it was to not let it get to him. You couldn’t hold a grudge because someone beat you in a spar, it just meant you had to practise harder. And to him that was all this encounter was, a spar, but he just wasn’t sure of what sort.

Offline Shadowstorm

• Halflight Admin
  • Senior Editor
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2007, 09:18:59 PM »
Caught just a little offguard, Nitor drew back as his partner sat up so violently - fingers managing to scrape his neck as it withdrew, leaving similar angry red marks to those decorating Jenno\'s torso in a variety of patterns.
Laconically, leisurely, his tongue protruded to lick his lips, maintaining eye contact as much as he could.

Inhuman eyes.

Once again, a smile private to his own knowledge...
Not quite a coincidence that they had \'accidentally\' met, although not a particularly planned out one.

"I was wondering how long it would take for you to stop trusting me....but I imagine it to be an intelligent move. Whether we continue or not."

Nevertheless, the blonde loosed a smirk.
If it were a fight they were headed toward, all the better.
Tilting his chin, Nitor gazes down an aquiline nose; feet comfortably grounded.
As comfortable as he appeared, he was waiting for the first attack...whether violent or otherwise.
One finger hooked the discarded robes over his shoulder with a smile. Both quite clearly unprotected, and more than likely unarmed.
Although, not all weapons were physical...

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2007, 04:43:44 AM »
Jenno shifted onto his knees as he lowered his hand as his fingers just missed their grip, leaving a scraping of the other soul sucker’s skin under his fingernails. His dark eyes stayed on Nitor’s amber ones; he couldn’t seem top tear his gaze away and didn’t especially wanted to. It was said the eyes were to window of the soul after all and Jenno was watching for any sign that Nitor might attack.

He gave a small, sarcastic smile at his words, although he was silently reprimanding himself for not resisting stronger sooner. “Did I do better or worse than you thought?” he asked, not making any move to cover his naked form, there wasn’t really much point, it would just cause an unneeded distraction. His knife was still in his boot, close enough to reach but Jenno didn’t need that to protect himself if he couldn’t reach it in time. You didn’t belong in Cruori if you couldn’t protect yourself without weapons.

“Why are you here?” he asked calmly, lifting a hand to brush a stray piece of hair back and pulling off his bandana with one hand, his body still tense and ready should anything happen.

Offline Shadowstorm

• Halflight Admin
  • Senior Editor
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2007, 05:43:26 AM »
Quite slowly redressing himself with that uncanny eye contact still very much intact, the blonde\'s teeth flashed in a cool and languid grin.
On the defensive already?
Satisfied by the building pressure between the pair of them, he began to tie that black rope, deliberately keeping his level unknown, keeping his skill unknown.
For, no student, not even an enthusiastic and highly skilled one would attempt to take on a Level 1 without a death wish.

Thus, with a calm smile, Nitor continued with his casual and unbothered dressing.
One slender eyebrow raised, "Why am I here?" he repeated after Jenno, echoing.

"I like to keep up with my interests...quite literally."

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2007, 10:23:06 PM »
Jenno cocked an eyebrow at his words, not sure exactly what he meant by them, but it couldn’t be good when he as looking at him like that. He either meant that his interests were the things that had brought him to the school, or Jenno had sparked someone’s interest without meaning to. And he knew from experience that being of interest to someone in the place could be the kiss of death.

“Well that’s great for you,” Jenno said, still with no emotion in his voice as he pulled his robes back on over his shoulders, ignoring the fact that he was still half erect. “I must say, you’re pretty good at not giving proper answers,” he added, running a hand through his white tipped locks and wrapped the bandana around on of his hands, tucking it in so that it would stay securely. He could protect himself if he had to so wasn\'t about to panic about this.

Offline Shadowstorm

• Halflight Admin
  • Senior Editor
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 08:06:14 AM »
Coy smiles were as much a speciality as choice words, hair flicked back behind him with another gentle click of glass. Nonchalantly, Nitor rose to his feet - sparing a private smile for the tingle reminding him of their previous actions.
He reached back with one hand, tying that mess of hair up with one of those tight plaits.

"It\'s a practised skill."

Paused, he watched Jenno for a moment, taking heed of tightened muscles, resolution flickering through focused eyes.
As if to move, the blonde\'s foot slid forward through the thick dust, eyes sparkling with amusement.

"There\'d be no fun in killing you, Jenno Makras. However would I get to know you better?"

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2007, 09:05:30 AM »
Jenno narrowed his dark eyes a little when his whole name was said; as far as he knew very few of the students knew his full name, although that didn\'t matter very much in a place like this where most of your past was erased when you arrived.

"Some people don\'t care much about getting to know others, they just choose with no thought,"
he said said he re-tied his belt, making sure that his breeches would stay up with just the belt despite being torn by Nitor\'s enthusiastic removal. Jenno wasn\'t one of those thoughtless people. If he was set a task to kill someone he would get to know them properly first, grow to adore them, love them even. Then he could believe that what he was doing was for the best. When you loved someone you wanted things to stay exactly the same forever and how better to preserve the memory of someone than by making sure it could never change?

"You obviously know me, by name at least, what\'s yours?" he asked, pushing himself easily to his feet and once more running his thin fingers through his thick hair.

Offline Shadowstorm

• Halflight Admin
  • Senior Editor
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2007, 02:40:04 AM »
Clearly, neither was the boy facing him.
Digging for information within a nameless and secret-filled society proved to be quite an intriguing mystery...
A few bribes here and there, more than a handful of favours...it all added up eventually.

"Then, I am not one of those people...evidently."

His view upon death was a romantic notion, the capture of not only a moment...but a lifetime within one action.
The pursuit of perfection was a long and winding path, and one that bore his tentative footprints.
For, if perfection was a puzzle, then here he was collecting pieces.

Jenno Makras was merely a glimmer in a sky of constellations...
Yet, well worth the interest, even if not an addition to the collection.

"Since I seem to have taken yours so rudely without asking, I shall give you mine in return.
Nitor Quant."

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2007, 08:04:39 AM »
“No… good,” Jenno said, stepping back from Nitor and relaxing slightly, the defensive scowl fading from his face, although he wasn’t quite sure why he thought it was so good. If Nitor was planning on killing him then he would rather get the attempt over with that have it stringing out. But at least he was polite enough to give his name, it looked like if they were going to spend more time together then it wouldn’t be at all unpleasant.

“Nitor,” he repeated, rolling the name around his tongue with pleasure, enjoying the sound of it. “Cruori?” he added, cocking an eyebrow questioningly. The figure before him seemed to have the subtly of his house, he hadn’t gone for the crude flash and sparkle of magic and looked and sounded as though he appreciated death as much as Jenno did. The young man usually stayed secluded, it was easier to study alone, but it was nice at times to explore a little and get to know people. Especially when they promised to offer some interest. Meeting people with the same interests could be difficult, more difficult than you would think in a school full of trainee assassins. But there were so many different ways to go about these things, so many techniques, so many who didn’t truly yearn to kill when they should do. Those who didn’t give one hundred percent. And those who were just plain rude.

He guessed that Nitor would already know his house if he knew his name and if he had seen him around the academy then he would also have seen his sash and know what level he was and so they were unasked questions which didn\'t need answering on Jenno\'s side anyhow.

Offline Shadowstorm

• Halflight Admin
  • Senior Editor
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2007, 03:08:28 AM »
"The only house worth belonging to...of course."

His smile danced briefly, for although he knew Jenno\'s name through a few odd favours with practising masters of the Cruori house, he knew nothing of the boy\'s habits..nothing of their similarities.
This was a chance pick from Jenno\'s abilities, his mentioned finesse...
Not from the romance that followed in the wake of orchestrated and meticulously beautiful death, a habit, a hobby that the pair shared.

"In death, there should always be choice..., it is an artform rarely mastered. Although I intend to be amongst the few."

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2007, 04:35:38 AM »
A small smile flickered across Jenno’s face, lighting up his eyes with a friendly gleam rather than the previous look of lust or suspicion  and he gave a small nod. “Looks like we have more in common than I first thought,” he murmured quietly, his eyes wondering over the other student again, seeing him differently now. He believed methods of killing were the far more important thing to learn in this place than simply killing as many people as possible. That was just a pointless waste of life and Jenno did value life, those last few minutes, keeping someone on the very brink of life and watching whilst they realise what you had just done for them, that was a moment to be cherished.

“One fault of mine is that I often fail to pay enough attention to the world around me,” Jenno said, bending down and scooping up the book which had been discarded in the tussle and letting it hang in his left hand by his side. “And so I apologise that I know nothing about you other than what you have told me. I know very little about most of the students…unless they catch my attention which you have only just done,” he added, his face finally breaking into a proper grin, but still with a sly sparkle in his dark eyes. “I imagine there might be a lot we could learn from one another.”

Offline Shadowstorm

• Halflight Admin
  • Senior Editor
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2007, 01:13:35 AM »
Perhaps there was more to this than pure somatic interest...here was a potential partner in his hobbies...someone to share such exquisite moments of death with...
Curling his finger around one ringlet, and springing it back in thought, Nitor\'s teeth flashed, "Well, indeed...my dear Jenno, you shall know as much about as me as you wish to know..."

Perhaps a lie, perhaps not...
If they were so similar in determination as well as they were with their methods, then Jenno would find means of discovery for every curiosity.
A useful skill in all situations.

"I often become far too involved in my..projects to pay attention to other things around me, such as rules...and schedule, so perhaps we are similar in our weaknesses also.."