Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Hungry in the night....  (Read 20033 times)

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Hungry in the night....
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2008, 01:51:48 AM »
Neer thought about Tris\' question. What would being inscribed with "war" do to you? "Probably change either how you acted or how other people reacted to you.... Or effect how things happened around you. I don\'t think it\'s been done... At least, I\'ve never been taught about it," the dragon said thoughtfully. None of this was particularly opaque to anyone who\'d taken a class in runecasting, and Neer himself offered one to students 3rd level and up. He realised, of course, that there was little chance they\'d think him just a servant, but Neer doubted they would be able to conclude him a Master.

Then again, I do think they underestimate our high-level students, Neer thought, remembering how surprised they\'d been at his little display earlier. They probably didn\'t spend much time around higher level students, though - they were still pretty low in the rankings. Nothing wrong with that; it just effected who they saw and spent time with. They\'d get there eventually.

"Oh, be polite," Neer chastised gently when Raff shouted at Tris. It was mostly the "cretin" part Neer objected to. Certainly, had they been in a class of his, Raff would be in quite a bit more trouble - but the fact of the matter was they were all out of bed late at night, sneaking snacks in the kitchen. Neer wasn\'t responsible for them at the moment, nor even on duty as a role model. He wasn\'t going to do more than give a gentle rebuke. That much, at least, was simply in his nature.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2008, 07:21:13 AM »
"Oh, shut up!" Tris rolled her eyes at Raff. "You know, you\'ve got to stop taking offense to every little thing people say." Gods, he\'s annoying! She thought as she listened to Neer\'s explanation of the War Runes.
 "That\'s it?" She asked slightly disappointed. "No bizerk behaviors or anything?" It was mostly a joke, she liked saying almost random things to see how people reacted to try and judge a character out of them.

No matter his attire, she knew this man to be no servant or lower student. He was at least 3rd level or maybe even an instuctor or master or something, though she doubted that. A master wouldn\'t let her out past curfew, especially wouldn\'t stop and chitchat. So, she supposed he was a high level student, though why a high level student would stop and talk with 7th levels was beyond her, especially one who probably wasn\'t going to advance any time soon... Who might even drop out soon. But he probably didn\'t know that, unles he was a master or teacher or something after all.

Her train of thought was interrupted by his rebuke to Raff\'s yelling and she cocked an eyebrow. "Don\'t worry \'bout it, he\'s done worse than yell. Nearly killed Molly, my sister, the other night, though if she was better prepaired she probably could have kick his butt!" She chuckled slightly. "I have enough sense to stay out of fights, it could ruin my outfit." She laughed shortly at her own small joke.

Raff_Kimimaru

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2008, 09:58:23 AM »
Raff justr walked to the other side of the room, and stayed away from the two. He wasn\'t going to probably talk much anymore, he only like to talk to Ciery. And when she said that about Molly, he thought. pffft...could have killed her, if I wouldn\'t have let her back up. Next time I will break her arms, and legs before she gets a chance to do anything. He was now thinking, and thoughtfully talking to himself. He then had an evil smile when he thought of pushing Tris off a clift. But, he then stopped and laughed as he thought of it, he stared at Neer and thought. Yes, he is a master no doubt. He has to be...no way he couldn\'t. Besides, he knows way to much about runes to be a regular student.

Raff kept this to himself, and then just looked away from the two, staring at the wall and then the pantry. He then got some weird looking kind of food out of the pantry, he sniffed it and waved his tail back on forth. He then licked, and ate it right away and went back to laying down...he about fell asleep but since Tris was in there he probably though she would try to kill him, even if Neer was in here.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2008, 01:49:33 PM »
"Berserk behaviors neither guaranteed nor excluded," Neer responded playfully, grinning. Tris was rather amusing. "You know, if you\'re interested in runes you should just take the course in them. They\'re cool," the dragon continued. They sure were. Neer had never gotten a permanent rune, though - those could be dangerous. Temporary runes, however, could be dead useful, even if potentially messy when done by someone inexperienced.

Neer believed it when Tris said he\'d done worse than yell, but that still didn\'t make the action alright by him. The black-haired boy just shrugged, still swinging his legs. "Maybe, but it\'s still rude," he pointed out. Maybe Neer should have been more worried about Raff\'s attack on Tris\' sister, but students attacking each other was anything but unusual here at the Academy. And yes, sometimes they killed each other. Many masters considered it a part of the training. While Neer thought that the competition and need to be on one\'s toes was beneficial, he didn\'t agree with those masters that condoned killing between the students.

I\'ll keep an eye on him, Neer thought, watching Raff as he pulled something out of the pantry, ate it, and lay down on the counter to... Go to sleep? the master thought incredulously, eyes widening slightly. "Smart girl," Neer murmured to Tris, though his eyes were still trained on Raff. A moment passed, and then Neer pointed to the half demon. "Is he going to sleep?" the master asked, his surprise showing. Neer wasn\'t bothering to hide it.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2008, 03:54:12 AM »
Tris watched Raff with a mild interest, like somebody watching others whilst on a walk. She wondered what her sister saw in him but a berzerk uncontrolled, and with no disrespect, half-demon. But that really wasn\'t any of her business, she was just there to get on their nerves. With him I don\'t even have to try! He hates my guts, but hey, so do many other people. She thought with a mental shrug before turning back to Neer as he spoke.

"What? Another course? You have got to be kidding me!" Trissa protested. "I have enough courses as it is. It wouldn\'t really be worth it." She added after a moments thought. "I\'ll probably be flunking out soon, so why bother?" She asked with a cock of her head.

"Maybe, but it\'s still rude,"
"So\'m I." Tris shrugged. "And as long as my life\'s not in danger, it doesn\'t bother me. And if it doesn\'t bother me, it really shouldn\'t bother you." She said truthfully. He didn\'t bother her. Actually, he rather amused her. She usually could find reasons why people hated her, but him, no reason that she could think of at all. It was interesting.
Ignoring the comment about being smart, which she slightly doubted. She was trained, not smart. "I very much doubt it. He thinks I hate him for some odd reason." She paused for a moment. "Probably thinks I\'d kill him why he\'s asleep." She added just to see what Raff would say about it.

Raff_Kimimaru

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2008, 06:35:45 AM »
Raff didn\'t say anything, he just shrugged, and was calmed down. He started throing a can in the air, and smacked it hard with his tail, and it flew in the trash can. He then walked over towards Tris, and huged her. Not a "I love you " hug, just a "Sorry." kind of hug. He then backed off quickly hating himself for doing it and said to her, "Sorry, for being mean to you all this time. Just thought you hate me..." He told her as he looked down.

He then walked over to Neer, and bowed to him and then walked back to his corner. It was an "I apologize." kind of bow. For some reason he actually felt bad about something. He then layed down, and acted like he was asleep, and silently; and secrectly pulled out 3 poisoin needles. Just incase one of them tried to jump him in his sleep....he didn\'t want to take any chances.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2008, 07:57:28 AM »
With that kind of an attitude... Neer thought wryly. Tris wasn\'t the first student he\'d met who was sure they\'d flunk out. Most of the students here seemed convinced they would at some point or another. "You never know," the dragon said with a shrug. "Besides, it wouldn\'t be available to you yet. If you\'re still here, take it when you reach third or second level." They would have many more elective options then. It helped that they were more used to the place, too.

"Everyone here is either paranoid or dead, it seems," Neer responded, looking over at Raff. He watched as the halfbreed rose, approached Tris and... hugged her? I did not see that one coming, the master thought, eyebrows raised in surprise. Neer was further shocked by Raff\'s bow to him. Both of the gestures had seemed apologetic. Bizarre, the dragon concluded, watching the subtle shift of Raff\'s shoulders after he\'d lay down. It made the master grin; it really was a good idea to sleep armed.

Still, Neer wasn\'t going to let him sleep in the kitchen. "If you\'re that tired, back to the dorms with you," the black-haired creature said, gesturing to the exit with a thumb. Actually, if everyone\'s done eating here, they should all be headed to bed, Neer thought reasonably. He didn\'t have much of a problem with people sneaking out for food, but that didn\'t mean he thought they should stay up all night either.

"Tris, unless you\'re planning on eating any more, that\'s you too," Neer said, looking at the human. Though he both appeared and sounded friendly, there was a certain air about him - one that implied that he was giving them the option only because it was polite, and that it really wasn\'t much of an option at all. "It\'s getting late, and you\'ll both have class in the morning. If you\'re worried about flunking out - " the master gave Tris a grin - "then you don\'t want to be spending late nights out." Neer himself planned to go to bed as soon as he got the other two back to their dorms. The dragon wasn\'t usually hypocritical.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2008, 10:18:20 AM »
Tris snorted with a roll of her eyes. "I could probably graduate, but why bother?" She shrugged. "I don\'t wanna be an assassin!" She didn\'t bother explaining why she was here in the first place, but probably would if he asked, she didn\'t care much about it. She absently reached out and grabbed and box of crackers and started to eat them, she wasn\'t hungry anymore, she just didn\'t feel like sitting still.

"Better paranoid than dead." Tris commented, she might have said more but was completely taken off guard when Raff hugged in apology. "What the hell was that for?" SHe asked out of shock more than anything else. Trissa shook her head as he bowed and laid back down. "Gods, you\'re random, Raff."

She turned to Neer as he spoke, thinking once again he didn\'t act much like a student. "What are you, some kind of teacher? Or just a rules freak?" She asked half jokingly. "What if I said \'no\'? Would you beat me up or send me to a master and get me into trouble?" She cocked an eye in curiosity. He didn\'t act much like a student, even the higher levels. He certainly sounded a whole lot different. He sounded like an instructor or something.