Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: New Arrival  (Read 16799 times)

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: New Arrival
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 01:25:21 AM »
Ravi glanced behind him, his eyebrow raised incredulously. "Staying in? I was going to give you the grand tour. It\'s more interesting. If you wanna stay in, though...." he said, shrugging overdramatically and casting Kaje a teasing look.  Ravi rarely stayed in for very long. He went to his room to sleep, or occasionally to study up on something he\'d forgotten. Other than that, though... Why stay inside? There was more to do outside - people to meet, places to play, and the like.

Ravi waved his hand subtley in front of his door. The gesture, if noticed, probably seeemd silly, but he was disarming the wards he kept on his door. He then produced a key seemingly from nowhere and unlocked the thing, pushing it open for Kaje to step through. "Home sweet home," Ravi said jokingly. Still, his room was much, much nicer than those of any of the students. Nicely sizable, with a large window, a window nook, an armchair and a large bed. His desk was also large, and made of a wood too nice ot belong to an apprentice. Ravi eyed it all with pleasure. That\'s what I get for being one too many apprentices, he thought, closing the door behind his guest. Another subtle wave of his hand, and the wards were back up.

Even though there was only one bed, Ravi wasn\'t worrying about it at the moment. He\'d probably just let Kaje have it. It wasn\'t like he didn\'t sleep in the window nook half the time anyway, and he would probably be busy tonight. And if he decided that he wanted the bed in the end, well, then he would have it, and Kaje could sleep on a futon on the floor. Ravi actually had one. He just didn\'t like it much himself; usually meant he woke up with a crick in his wing.

Price

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 02:27:33 AM »
Kaje laughed, "Oh, so i will be graced with one night of moving about and having some fun then?  I suppose a grand tour would be nice.  I will admit I am curious about a place like this."

He gave a weak half smile at the grand display of getting in the room.

Show off.

He called him that, but he also knew had it been his room and he had a young new student with him, it would have been much more impressive.  Walking in, the only thought that crossed his mine was how he could definitely get used to this.

"Niiiiiice." he said as he tossed his bags to the floor and made his way to the armchair, flopping back into it, his legs lounged out fully in front of him.

"So whats a guy gotta do to earn a room like this one? Wait wait...let me guess.  Study...and alot of it."  

Noticing there was but one bed, he briefly wondered who would be sleeping there, or if High Appy over there was comfortable sleeping beside another guy.  No matter, he had slept in the oddest places and positions in his time.  Not that he liked anything less than fully accomodating but as many nights as he spent out, doing things that left him incapable of chosing such locations, it was nights spent where ever he landed.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 02:59:34 AM »
Ravi rolled his eyes. "You, I\'m sure, will have more than one," the demon responded, "And I\'d be happy to give you a tour." They\'d hit up all the major places... The four towers, library, kitchen, and so on. It would be good for Kaje to know about those places, though he\'d probably end up using it to sneak around. Ravi gavce a mental shrug at that one; after all, he\'d done much the same thing.

"Thanks," Ravi answered with a smile. The demon crossed the room, moving to his window-nook and seating himself there. "Basically, yeah - though really, you just have to be good at it. This should really be a Master\'s room, but I got pushed out of the Apprentice floor - too many of us that year," Ravi explained from hs comfortable lounge in the window. Getting to that level, though, definitely required a lot of studying. Kaje seemed to have that, at least, all figured out.

"Anything you wanna see first?" Ravi asked offhandedly as he braided a bit of his bangs.

Price

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 03:18:00 AM »
"Well, the cool places to hang out around here would be a good place to start.  I mean you -do- have places here on location to do something other than study, right?  Or even better...the kitchen.  Im starved."

He licked his lips and closed his eyes, letting his head lean back in the chair.  That was the only thing about home he would miss.  Their cook was amazing and she was always a big softy when it came to Kaje.  Always feeding him all hours of the night or day and always the best of the best food.  If someone asked his biggest weakness, kaje would never admit to having one.  But she knew...it was good food.  He would melt for someone that could keep a decent kitchen.

Lifting his head again he looked up at Ravi, "You -do- eat dont you? Like..real food?"

He looked down and hardly liked the attire for an evening out of the room.  If they ran into others he certainly didnt want to come off as some ratty kid Ravi just found storing away.  He walked over his bags and tossed one into the chair, opening it to pull out a much better shirt.

"Cant be running about looking like this, now can I?" he winked as he pulled his shirt up over his head, replacing it with a button down blue silk shirt, a dragon impression that rested on the shoulder of the shirt and trailed down the back.

He shrugged his shoulders and rolled his head around one time to get out kinks and smiled at Ravi, "Now...this is much better."

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 05:04:49 AM »
Think with your stomach, huh? Ravi thought when Kaje expressed his interest in food. Well, rather, yeah, he expressed interest, but it was the way he did it that really tipped Ravi off. Nothing wrong with liking food, at least. There were much, much worse vices than a fondness for food - Ravi could easily see Kaje being one of the peope who kept sneaking snacks from the place. "Kitchen\'s are fine, but I already told you - get your marks up and then I\'ll distract you," the demon said with a wink that could mean many things. Ravi was just being playful, in truth, but he wasn\'t closing his mind to anything either.

The winged boy laughed freely when Kaje asked whether or not he ate real food. "Of course I do!" Ravi responded, still chuckling. "Though they don\'t have the greatest stuff here - they feed us to keep us alive and healthy, not spoiled." Shame, really... Though now, as a High Apprentice, Ravi was getting to eat outside of the school, and *that* was good stuff.

Ravi watched Kaje change appreciatively, not sorry about the eye candy. "Whatever you like, but you\'d better get used to black," the demon teased gently, checking Kaje out without showing it a whit. Pretty boy... Poor pretty boy, he thought, shaking his head in mock amusement.

"That reminds me... We need to get you your uniform, too. We\'ll do that while we\'re out too," Ravi said, speaking half to himself. The demon shook, then grinned. "Well, if you\'re done primping, let\'s go!" With that, Ravi turned back to the door, disarmed the wards and began the very big, fairly long tour of the Academy.

((Would you like to woosh through the tour, or RP it out? I\'m happy either way, but I don\'t want to put you through anything you\'re not interested in. :3 If you\'d like to woosh, you can just do it in the next post))

Price

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 05:24:38 AM »
Great, bad food.

"And let me guess, eating outside of here is another thing studying will buy me?  Geesh."

Kaje near winced at the mention of a uniform.  He knew he would be wearing one but he had tried not to think about it, yet.  From the sounds of it, black would be the color, which was one he could tolerate.  

Meh, no biggie.  

"Hmm, distract me, huh?  You almost it make it worth working hard just to know exactly how thats done." he said with a playful glare. This guy didnt seem half bad... he could get used to living near him, if they could find a half decent room in this area.  He was curious how long Ravi could tolerate him hanging about his room before he smushed him into that tiny room just to get rid of him.  

"So lets do this tour, then maybe later we can chat about more specific things I need...or want...to know." He smiled and headed out the door, patiently following his guide, and enjoying the scenery from behind for a few moments before catching up to walk beside him.

(Id say a half-whoosh?  Make a few stops in each and just linger if there is something of value to rp about there?  And you get to do the whooshing mr guide :P)

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 06:34:40 AM »
Ravi just nodded when Kaje groaned about the benefits of studying, a merry twinkle in his eye. You have no idea, kid, the demon thought, thinking back on all the work involved in being a student, ...I\'m definitely not sorry that\'s over.

"Mmm, guess youll just have to find out how I\'ll do it," Ravi said loftily, looking up and away impishly. He created a small breeze as he did, which blew his long hair backwards in a dramatic way. Ravi let it fall with a laugh. "Flair for the dramatic; sorry," he said, though he didn\'t sound sorry at all. Just mirthful.

"Tour it is, then. Let\'s go!" Ravi said, walking first towards the kitchens.

~~~~

They arrived within a few minutes, for Ravi walked fairly quickly through the long stone corridors. "These are the kitchens and meal room," he said, gesturing to a large room with many tables and benches in it. A large pair of double-doors, locked, stood on the far side. "We\'re not allowed in the kitchens, and they\'re only open during mealtimes," the demon added, choosing to omit the fact that you could break into them if you wanted to. After all, Kaje was almost certainly not yet skilled enough for something like that and Ravi didn\'t want him getting caught breaking rules. It would just be a pain, especially if he did end up being a permanent resident in Ravi\'s room.

Price

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 07:28:11 AM »
He chuckled once again as Ravi mentioned a flair for the dramatic.  He actually enjoyed the show, and more so the wings.  He had to restrain himself from touching them, always with the curiousity.  

Kaje groaned hearing the kitchen was only open during meal times.  He wasnt sure how he was gonna make it not eating when he felt like it.  Of course, if he wasnt going out often, and having his nose stuck in books he wondered if he would even get to work up an appetite.

Gah! Designated eating times.  This is beginning to become more of a chore than I thought

"Soooo, when is mealtime exactly?" he said with a long sigh attached.

He didnt expect much for the dining hall so he wasnt disappointed that it wasnt some big fancy one.  Seems his expectations were dropping the further they went.  He was gonna have to come up with some major ideas on how to survive this school.  

Focus on magic, thats the only way...well that and ...

He didnt finish the thought, instead letting his eyes wander back to his guide.

"By the way, if I didnt say it before, I appreciate the help...and most definitely the room."

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 08:41:57 AM »
Ravi paused, thinking for a moment, then chuckled at himself. Right, right... Same House, he thought. "We Purificio\'s eat at 7, 1 and 7," the eccentrically coloured demon said. Ravi walked to a window and peeked out, looking at the sun to gauge the time. "...That means we have another couple hours before we eat," he said. Ravi glanced over to Kaje then closed his eyes and sighed. "You really hungry?" he asked, admonishing himself gently for being such a softie. It really was a problem, in some ways. Still, Ravi wouldn\'t get into any trouble over it.

A thank you! the demon thought, somewhat surprised but certainly pleased. So maybe Kaje wasn\'t such a brat - or maybe he was trying really hard. Either way, that boded well. "It\'s no problem," Ravi said, grinning, "It might even be fun to have a roommate again." That had actually been one of the things he\'d missed when he ascended beyond 2nd level - 1st level students and above didn\'t have roommates anymore, but Ravi had enjoyed it.

Price

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 03:10:31 PM »
"Nah...I can wait on the food.  The rest of the tour should keep me distracted enough to wait.  Besides, I think Id like to be down and see what the rest of the house students and teachers look like."

He was really starting to like this guy.  Seems he had a soft spot too, and he could see he would have to take actual measures not to use him terribly.  If this was a teacher back home he would have no qualms running all over him.  But it seemed like he was gonna need a friend here.

Roommate!!!  So maybe he could stick around with him for a bit. Perfect.

"Well, just be forewarned, I occassionally talk in my sleep.  Though, I guess if I am actually going to do this real studying and good marks thing, Im gonna need someone over my shoulder. Because honestly, its really never been my thing.  It might change with the subjects around here being more geared to my liking but guess we wont know for sure till I get some assignments." now he realized he had been talking way too much and he detested that.

He looked away as if trying to take notice of the rest of the place, the cleared his throat, "So, what\'s next?"

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 03:43:33 PM »
Ravi muttered something about being too much of a softie, though it was hard to make out his words, then turned back to Kaje. "Glad to hear it," Ravi said rolling his eyes at himself. Better be careful not to get too attached, or he might walk all over me, the air demon thought. It had happened to him before, and he hadn\'t relished the experience. He doubted that he would be as blind to it now as he had then, though... But Ravi would rather avoid the whole thing.

Ravi laughed when Kaje said he spoke in his sleep, but quieted to let the other male go on. He was actually glad that Kaje was finally talking about himself a little bit; Ravi loved to learn about others, and usually not for malicious purposes. "Well, if you start to talk in your sleep, I\'ll smack you," the demon said kittenishly, clearly more teasing than anything else. Really will smack you, though. Especially if we end up sharing, Ravi thought. "Studying, I know. I can help you out with it while I\'m around. ...At least you\'re being smart enough to ask for help," the demon added in, giving the ground a sheepish look. Ravi had had a lot of trouble with all of it, but had never thought to ask. It had almost gotten him thrown out.

"We\'ll go to the South Wing next. We need to get you your uniform, and it\'s not too far. That\'s where most of the workers live," Ravi said, turning quickly to leave the dining area, then making another quick turn towards the South.

Price

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 04:32:16 PM »
Kaje all but burst out into laughter at Ravi saying he would smack him.  He didnt mind it so much, and he is sure he would probably mumble something in his sleep that would well deserve to be smacked for.  

"Ahh, yes the dreaded uniform.  Well hopefully it will bring out the color in my eyes." he mocked, batting his eyes like some starry eyed school girl.

They continued to walk and he had started to relax much more than before.  He had always really been on his own, his parents never put much effort into paying attention to him.  Getting used to fending for hisself so often had made him a lot more thick skinned though and able to deal with blows.  

Here in the academy he would be around others of all ages apparently, and if he could make friends, maybe he could calm down.  He just didnt know what to expect anymore.  All he had expected about this place when he got here has turned out to be all wrong but maybe not so bad.

"After that, what about outdoors? Surely there must be a garden or some sort of outdoor place to go. I need fresh air sometimes too." he said, truly curious if he would atleast have somewhere to go and work that wasnt trapped in an old dusty room.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2007, 06:01:26 AM »
Ravi turned to eye Kaje, gazing into his eyes in a mock-medical manner. The demon brought a hand to his chin, tapping a finger on his lips. "....No, no, I don\'t think they will," he concluded, turning to continue walking with a quiet chuckle. Kaje seemed to be loosening up a little... He really shouldn\'t be doing that in the halls. For all Ravi\'s relaxed demeanor, nothing around him was going unnoticed. He was quite aware, bordering on a kind of subconscious tensity that had been present in him since he was a 5th level. It was just the kind of thing you learned; how to be both tense and ready, but relaxed - especially in Purificio.

"We can check out the outdoors after this, sure. Here we are, though," Ravi said, turning down another hallway. There were a lot more people present here, but none were students. Oh - except that one kid, walking past in his first year robes. Ravi tapped him on the shoulder, grinning. "Class started 5 minutes ago," the demon said, his voice both friendly and firm. The kid gave quite a start, then nodded to Ravi and tore off down the hallway. Ravi rose, rolling his eyes fondly. "Poor kid. Hope he\'s got a nice professor. Anyway, here\'s where the robes are kept," the demon said, opening a door on the right.

Inside was a great deal of robes, all hanging. Ravi walked towards an entirely grey section, seeking out the biggest ones he could find. "Let\'s see... No, too small.... These? Hmm, no.... Ah! These might work," the eccentrically coloured creature espoused, pulling a set off the rack. They would fit, yeah, but they were baggy and probably wouldn\'t be very flattering. "Here\'re a couple more in that size," Ravi went on, pulling them off the rack as well before handing all three uniforms to Kaje. That done, the demon turned to a bunch of boxes on a shelf, pulling out two grey sashes from one. "These too - want to drop them off before we go on?" he asked, placing the sashes on top of the uniforms.

Price

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2007, 06:21:30 AM »
Kaje laughed out loud this time at the expression on Ravi\'s face.  He was enjoying their interaction and it was by far very different from the kind of things that went on back home.  In his world there was always very little time for play...always business with his parents.  His friends, for lack of a better term, were all clones of their rich snotty parents.

He watched as Ravi gently chided the kind late for class.

Well, atleast he isnt some over bearing rude know it all.

They got the the robe closet and he took the uniforms and tossed them over his shoulder.

"I guess I will just have to suffer the ill fashion look." he said followed by a very overdramatic sigh and a teasing wink after.  He was going to have to make alot of adjustments here.

"I suppose we could swing past the room and toss them in.  Unless you think I need to be wearing one now?"

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 06:26:02 AM »
Ravi laid a finger on his lips, thinking. It\'s only his first day.... But now he does have them, so... "You probably should be wearing them," the demon concluded with a nod. "They\'re not so bad... Not pretty, but comfy!" he continued, giving Kaje\'s shoulder a comforting pat. Ravi had never really had a problem with the robes, but then, they were what he was used to. It wasn\'t so bad at all. "We\'ll head back. You can change there and drop off the other ones," he continued, going back down the hallway the way they had came.

When they reached his room again, Ravi once more disarmed the wards before entering. It suddenly occurred to him that Kaje should probably be warned about those... Ravi waited before Kaje walked through the door, then closed it and reset his unseen traps. "Just a warning.... Don\'t try to open the door. It\'s warded," the air demon said with a smile. "If you really are going to be staying here, I\'ll make you a charm or something so you can get through. For now, though... Just don\'t do it." Ravi didn\'t sound condescending or demeaning in the slightest... Just a little concerned.