Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Late Night Practice  (Read 16818 times)

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Late Night Practice
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 06:50:08 AM »
That? What\'s he... Blue thought before realising that Venorik was nodding down... At his... "Yeep!" Blue squeaked, tearing his hand back suddenly out of surprise. He quickly realised that the fire wouldn\'t hurt him, though, and sat fascinated by it. "I-It\'s.... beautiful..." Blue said softly, his wings lowering back down into their relaxed position. The servant moved his fingers a little bit, but watching out the cool fire played over his skin. "I wish I could do this..." he continued softly. Blue waited a moment or two more, then dropped his hands. There was work to be done.

The pixie continued his attentions, working the herb gently into the wound. "Sorry about that. It\'s just really... nice," Blue said, finally getting around to wrapping the wound with the strips of cloth. He wrapped them tightly, but not so tightly as to cut off blood flow. Blue acted with a semi-professional air as he finished up his work, though his smile softened the look. He definitely knew a thing or two about wounds, though. Venorik probably wouldn\'t even have to go to the infirmary! Blue tied a knot, then sat back with a happy sigh. "How does it feel?" he asked, his voice friendly.

Mayquiri

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 01:46:42 PM »
Smirking faintly when Blue pulled away, Venorik closed his eyes momentarily.  Most people reacted like that when he cast his spell.  Usually he was careful enough to just place a small dot where the target wouldn\'t see.  Unless of course he was meant to frighten them.

"The fire, or the cut?" Venorik asked softly, sighing faintly as he willed the fire away.  A spell that complete took a bit out of him in this state.  Especially considering he wasn\'t to used to casting the spell over such a large space.  Opening his eyes again, the drow winced slightly as Blue packed more herbs into his cut.  He didn\'t so much wince at the herbs, which didn\'t hurt at all, but at the movement of his flesh, which did sting a bit.  "it\'s good." He murmured softly, nodding as he looked down at the bound arm, nodding in approval.  The job was very nice indeed, especially for a feild job.  "Good thing you came through when you did."

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 01:52:16 AM »
Blue was a bit surprised by Venorik\'s question. The cut...? he wondered, puzzled as to why that would be beautiful. Maybe Venorik was from house Cruori, though... Those who came from that house usually had some kind of fascination with blood. Or maybe Venorik was just like that... Blue chewed his lip a little bit in thought before finally remembering he\'d been asked a question.

"Oh!" the pixie gasped suddenly, reddining due to his rudeness, "Um, the fire... Are you alright?" Blue had heard the sigh and now looked down on Venorik with renewed concern. Maybe it\'s very tiring? he wondered, sorry that he\'d asked to see it if that was, indeed, the case. Blue hoped that it wasn\'t his fault. That would be horrible!

Blue beamed when Venorik told him it was alright. "T-thank you!" the pixie exclaimed, clearly very proud of having done something well. It wasn\'t a pride for the sake of self, though, but instead a pride that was focused on others. Blue was happy because he could be helpful. "And, well, I was just coming back from delivering a message... You should be thanking Master Jude, not me," the fae told Venorik, sounding almost shy as he did. Blue tended to err on the side of humility, and it really was Master Jude\'s fault he\'d been out in this direction at all!

A thought struck Blue. Looking up suddenly, he asked, "D-do you need any help getting back? Is there anything else I can do for you? Oh! But I need to go with you anyway, to get your robes... I\'m sorry I ripped them..." The pixie looked down abashedly, thinking back on his behavior. That was so stupid of me! he thought, berating himself for doing a job poorly. Next time, he\'d be sure to ask.

Mayquiri

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2007, 07:37:40 AM »
"I\'ll be fine." He replied softly, a faint smikr on his face.  And Venorik would be finetoo, eventually.  He was just tired.  After all, it had been a long day, and a challenging training session.  not to mention that Venorik had lost more then a spot of blood and he had performed more magic then he usually did in one sitting.  He had every right to be a bit tired.

"I thank you.  Master Jude didn\'t fix me up." He replied softly, jawclenching slightly as he made to sit up properly.  "I should be fine." He repated, more to himself then to Blue as he looked down at the arm, a frown on his face.  He had to be feeling so dizzy and tired from the blood loss, usually arm injuries don\'t hinder his movement to terribly much.

Half listening to Blue babble, Venorik slowly and carefully pushed himself to his feet, the young drow swaying slightly in place after standing.  "Do not worry about the robes.  I have others.  I may need help back to my room though.  I need to wake tomorrow early so I can study."

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2007, 07:25:49 AM »
"I\'ll end up mending them one way or another," Blue said with a little laugh, rising as Venorik did. He hovered attentively at the Drow\'s elbow, just in case the student so happened to require more help than he thought he would. I don\'t want him to fall on the way back or something... I hope he lets me come with him, the fae thought but a moment before Venorik himself spoke.

"I-I\'d be happy to help you!" Blue told him quickly. "Just tell me where you stay, and I\'ll make sure to get us there!" He realised the words sounded a little bit silly after he said them, causing him to blush a little bit. Blue gulped, looking up at Venorik through his long lashes. "Sorry... that sounded silly, didn\'t it?" he added softly, placing his hands behind his back in the typical position of waiting servants.

Blue knew it really didn\'t matter whether or not he was liked by his masters, but for some reason it always mattered to him. He didn\'t mind it if they didn\'t respect him, but he really did want to at least be on good terms with them. Sometimes on less good terms than they\'d like, but... Blue thought, thinking about the "special" calls he sometimes got. "Any way I can serve," the fae added softly, both to Venorik and as an end to his mental statement. And he meant it, too.

Mayquiri

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 06:15:34 AM »
"Does that matter?" Venorik replied wearily as he looked over at Blue.  the creature was helpful, and certainly kind, but he was perhaps a bit annoying.  A little to quick to aplogise for Venorik\'s tastes.

"My...lodgings, is this way." He then muttered as he pointed towards the general direction of the dormatories.  Of course Venorik lived generally where all the other students lived, however, the exact buiding and room was yet a mystery to many students.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 03:59:40 PM »
"Umm..." Blue said, taken aback by Venorik\'s simple answer to whether or not it had been silly. The fae felt suddenly as though he\'d managed to get on the others\' nerves... It made him stiffen slightly, stand a little more at attention. Oh, he\'d probably more professional than that Blue! You should have known! he chided, eyes flicking to follow Venorik\'s movement.

"Yes sir," Blue said cheerfully, bowing just a little bit before moving to stand just behind Venorik\'s elbow. It was a common stance for a servant; just out of sight, but close enough to help out when needed. Plus, Blue didn\'t know exactly where Venorik\'s room was, and the student corridors could be warren-like in their complexity, especially in the older areas.

Mayquiri

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2007, 05:13:20 AM »
Nodding slightly, Venorik didn\'t speak much again to Blue as he half led the sprite, was half carried, to his dormatory.  Venorik seemed far more interested in musing to himself, his crimson eyes very nearly glowing as his face twisted into a disappointed frown.

He should have been more cautious.  Should\'ve doused the lights so we could see everything better.  Or he should have lit more candles.  If he were to keep getting himself injured like that, he was never even going to make apprentince.  Forget becoming a master.  Of course, other logic would argue that he never deserved to become anything more then a student.  He was a male, an inferior in his homelands.  If his sister could not survive the evils of the surface world, who was Venorik to not only survive, but thrive?  

"It was a stupid mistake." He muttered softly to himself, shaking his head slightly, then looking upward.  His building loomed just ahead, he could already see the main door.  His room was only four doors away from there.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 07:59:42 PM »
Blue had some trouble supporting so much of Venorik\'s weight, but he was determined not to say anything. He was strong in some ways, it was true, but carrying had never been a specialty of his. Quite the opposite, really. Though Blue\'s grip was very strong, his muscles were more attuned to work that didn\'t rely on brute force. Because of it, even Venorik\'s light frame was somewhat difficult for the pixie. Blue set his jaw and strained against the other, absolutely mortified at the thought of perhaps dropping his Master.

Perhaps Blue would have liked to speak on the way there, but the way Venorik\'s eyes looked... They were a little bit frightening, and the servant elected to simply preform his duties without causing Venorik any more trouble or strain. If think was what the elf wanted to do, Blue didn\'t mind. But whatever he\'s thinking about... sure seems to be bad, the Fae thought, glancing over at Venorik with concern. Fortunately the building was close, though it was large enough that Venorik\'s room could still be very far off. Blue hoped his room was near the door, because he wasn\'t sure how much longer he could support the student.

"Huh?" Blue asked, surprised when Venorik suddenly spoke. \'It was a stupid mistake\'...? Does he mean his wound? the servant wondered, though he refrained from asking. He would very much have liked to, but perhaps silence was the best way to get back on Venorik\'s good side. Blue blinked slowly, half dragging Venorik to the door. The pixie used his foot to push it open, though he had to make quick use of his wings to avoid overbalancing and falling over. Blue let out a small "eep!" sound as he almost fell, and he looked quite horrified with himself afterwards. "I-I\'m sorry," Blue said softly as they entered, though he immediately bit his tongue. I think he was annoyed that I apologised so much... Ohhh, Blue! he lamented mentally, though he simply went on. "Just tell me where your room is..." Blue said somewhat nervously. Please let it be close!

Mayquiri

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 01:11:01 PM »
When Blue questioned his words, Venorik didn\'t respond, to deep in his thoughts to even notice the sprite speak.  Odds were, if he were feeling more genial, he might have indulged Blue, but as things were...

Grunting faintly when Blu slipped, Venorik cught himself, surprised slightly to find that a little of his srength had begun to return.  By morning he should feel better.  Hopefully.  The sprite had done a good job on his arm.  

"Four doors down.  ...Left." He whispered harshly, swallowing before picking himself up a bit more, determined to stand on his own, without needing to rely on anyone else for his safety.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 02:30:08 PM »
"R-right," Blue whispered, cowed by the harshness in Venorik\'s voice. His wings dropped a little bit more as he let Venorik support himself a little bit more - he could tell when the other roused himself a little more, picking himself up. The pixie was glad to see it - after all, that meant he was feeling a little bit better! Blue stayed very close still, just in case. Blood loss could be pretty tricky.

They made their way down the hallway almost painfully slowly, their footsteps quiet on the stone floors. There was little noise around - perhaps a snore or two from that room, or the scratch of a quill from another, but no one walking this hall tonight. No one save the servant and his wounded master. Blue found the silence eerily satisfying; to have it quiet enough to hear every breath, every heartbeat, was something of a gift.

When they reached the door, Blue reached out carefully to open it. He paused just before the handle, though, glancing at Venorik. I should probably ask if he trapped it... thought the redhead nervously. Many students, especially those in the higher levels, got into the habit of trapping their doors even though they weren\'t really supposed to. Blue had been hit by a few of them, too, and he really didn\'t want to get hit by another.

Mayquiri

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 02:53:06 PM »
Of course Venorik had trapped the door.  Did one really think that he was going to allow just anyone to enter his room without even the slightest resistence?  However, for the most part,  Venorik\'s trap wasn\'t dangerous, if one was careful and knew where to look.

"Draw your hand back." He ordered, his voice far calmer after recovering from Blue\'s misstep.  Quietly, Venorik drew out a hand to open his door, for the pair to be greeted with impenatrable darkness.  The same kind that enorik had shown Blue earlier.  Waving his hand, Venorik dismissed the spell, showing a room nearly as dark as the spell had been.  Cobwebs hung thickly along the ceiling and walls, leaving an intricate path system that appeared to lead to a bed, a desk, and a bookshelf.  The latter two were so crammed with texts that piles lay upon the floor.

"Mind the spiders." He explained as he started limping into the bedroom, several dim blue lights appeared in the room, one over the bed, one at the door, and one at the desk.  There were no candles or other forms of light in the room at all.  "Some are very poisonious, but they\'re all my pets."  The spiders had been the true trap in the room, the darkness charm merely a screen meant to hide them from any unwary visitors.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 08:24:34 AM »
Even had Blue not wanted to listen, his hand would have drawn itself back immediately. It was something that happened after serving for such a long time - orders were carried out almost subconsciously. Venorik opened the door himself, revealing... Nothing? Blue thought, confused by the pure dark he saw before him. Venorik soon waved a hand, and the room brightened slightly. It took Blue a moment to adjust, but no more. Pixies were capable of seeing in the dark.

It surprised Blue how messy the room was. It wasn\'t the spiders that he payed mind to, for Venorik clearly wanted them there, but the clutter - and that was everywhere. I should clean this up for him... he thought, glancing at the student\'s back. But he probably wouldn\'t want me to. Even though he knew that, Blue found it difficult to restrain his serving instincts.

Blue nodded when Venorik told him to mind the spiders. The pixie wasn\'t really afraid of them - of anything found in nature, really. He could hear the whispers of their consciousnesses as he walked by, and he sent back an amicable whisper of his own. Animals had never been much of a problem for the pixie. "They\'re beautiful," Blue remarked softly as he looked at a spindle-legged emerald one. The pixie looked back at Venorik and smiled a little bit, his hands automatically folding behind his back. "Is there anything else you want from me?" Blue asked, still a little bit worried about the student. Perhaps he\'d like help changing, or perhaps he\'d reconsidered about the robes...?

Mayquiri

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 04:34:27 PM »
As far as Venorik cared, his room wasn\'t cluttered.  He merely had more books then shelf space, so he piled them on the floor in what he considered an orderly fashion.  The only criteria he had for them was that the spiders not lay eggs near them, and they not get set down improperly.

Looking over at Blue, Venorik caught sight of the emerald spider.  "Get away from her." He warned as he moved slowly oer to the green spider.  Like most of his venomous spiders, she was a ery aggressive creature to anyone who wasn\'t Venorik himself.  He just knew that she was one of the four spiders in his room where one bite was usually deadly.  For one that small, unless his body had some very strong anti-venoms, Blue would die rather quickly.

"She doesn\'t like who she thinks are intruders.  No-one here does." He explained softly as he gently prodded the emerald beauty into returning to the center of her nest and await one of the hapless flies and moths that Venorik rouinely caught and released in his room.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2007, 08:24:55 AM »
Again, Blue moved without thinking. He took two careful steps back, letting Venorik move close to the spider. The way Venorik said "no-one here does" sent a small chill up Blue\'s spine, making him think that perhaps he wasn\'t welcome here at all. I hope I\'m just imagining it... Blue thought nervously, looking around. He still couldn\'t really imagine that one of the spiders would bite him, but nor did he have any desire to test the hypothesis. If anyone could train spiders to attack even pixies, Blue had a feeling it would be Venorik.

"Yes sir," Blue said softly in response, his pitch eyes wide as he watched Venorik handle her with such fearlessness. Yes; if anyone, Venorik. Blue was curious, though.... "Can you hear them?" the pixie asked, biting his lip a little bit. Venorik sure seemed comfortable with them - perhaps a connection with spiders was an inborn trait among the Drow. Blue didn\'t know much about them, so it was fully possible as far as he was concerned.