Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Late Night Practice  (Read 16896 times)

Mayquiri

Re: Late Night Practice
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2007, 11:53:45 AM »
Venorik couldn\'t exactly say whether or not he had trained the spiders.  He had certainly caught them and brought them to his room, used magic to keep them there if they tried to escape, and eventually gave them an outlet for frustration.  Venorik was of the mind that Spiders were actually very smart creatures though.  They knew they were in a warm, reletively dry, and safe environment.  They were fed and protected, and al they had to do was bite someone who was not the one who brought food if one ever entered.

"Hear them?" He asked softly as he stared down at the spider before limping over to his bed and grabbing a book.  As tired as he might be, enorik still needed to study.  "No.  They can\'t speak the same language as me.  That\'d be stupid.  However, I do believe that they recognize one who prays to their goddess.  After all, wouldn\'t you enjoy being around a person who prays to a giant pixie-god?"

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2007, 12:15:36 PM »
Blue looked down, blushing, when Venorik said it would be stupid. Was it stupid? Sometimes Blue himself wondered, usually after someone made fun of him for it, or called it dumb. But deep down, Blue couldn\'t help but like it. It was so... interesting, to hear the voices of everything around him, even if other people thought it.... stupid.

The servant looked up sharply when Venorik asked him the question. "Pixie....god?" Blue repeated pensively. The idea of gods of things was one he had a bit of trouble wrapping his mind around, as all the gods he knew of weren\'t gods of things so much as just... gods. Things that had been around forever. Blue supposed that the would be nature gods, if they had to be categorized at all.

Blue moved to help get Venorik comfortable on the bed as he thought, reaching out to set up a nice backrest for the student. It was what he did, after all - make sure everyone was comfortable and happy. Or at least passably content, as happy was often too much to ask from the students here.

Blue cast his eyes upwards as he thought about it, imagining a pixie-god and people who prayed to the theoretical it. "I guess... it would be kind of nice," the servant finally answered, smiling faintly.

Mayquiri

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2007, 07:34:28 AM »
"A God who is, at least in part, a pixie by species." Venorik clarified at blue\'s seemingly confused questioning.  With a flick of his wrist, Venorik gestured to a small statue in a corner of the room.  the statue seemed to be even more covered with cobwebs then the rest of the room save the doorway.  However, underneath the gossamer white, sat a small figurine of an elfin woman.  Her skin was obsidian black, and two small red stones were set for her eyes.  Just underneath her breasts, where the curve of her belly should be, the body of a spider billowed gracefully downward, just as smooth and as black as her flesh.  Upon her back was a small hourglass shape, as red and glittering as her eyes.  In all aspects, elven and spider, she was exquisitely beautiful.  Undeniably dangerous, yet beautiful.  Small stone spiders were carved around her body, some almost barely discernable for their size, but all carved meticulously, and with care.

Gritting his teeth as Blue moved to make him more comfortbale, Venorik pulled his hand back and almsot glared at the servent.  He did not ask to be helped, but then again, once the creature had finished, Venorik could not deny that he did indeed feel more at ease.  "Then you can understand why they like me." He replied softly, nodding slightly as he turned his eyes down to his book, somehow able to see it despite the fact that he refused to light a lamp.  in fact, there didn\'t seem to be a single candle or window in his room at all save a small, half burned candle in front of the statue.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2007, 08:22:24 AM »
Blue looked at the statue Venorik had gestured towards, blinking at it in surprise. He hadn\'t even registered that it would be a statue, at first! It was so covered in spiderwebs... Now that he payed more attention, though, he could notice the small details about it - the way her eyes glittered, the delicately carved spiders all over her body... It was an impressive statue. "Wow... I can see why anyone would worship her," Blue said quietly, peering at it from across the room. Blue could definitely appreciate beauty, especially in art, but for him the idea of worshiping a god was more about that beauty of idol than about the god itself.

"I... suppose so," Blue said, imagining a little pixie-god with a statue as nice as that. Who knew? Maybe the spiders could appreciate it as well. And even though Venorik\'s jaw had tightened when Blue first began to make him comfortable, the drow looked rather pleased now. The pixie smiled slightly; perhaps he\'d managed to do at least that right.

Tucking his hands behind his back, Blue asked, "Do you need anything else, while I\'m here?" Venorik didn\'t seem to need a light, but perhaps he had some other desire. An inkwell, some laundry, anything really. Blue was called a general servant for a reason; he could do almost anything that was asked of him, at least in the realm of domestic talents.

Mayquiri

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2007, 10:13:57 AM »
"If you say that only because of her beauty, you\'re a fool and she\'d probably kill you.  Lloth, like all females, is a dangerous creature.  Intelligent, strong, cunning, malicious, and vengeful.  She is someone to be feared and respected, not admired blindly and only because of her face." Venorik cautioned softly as he turned his attention to his studies.  "That little thing is nothing but a faint representation of her true nature.  I did a very bad job in cerving it.  My sister taught me how badly I erred long ago.  But I do not have a proper alter for her, so the statue must suffice."

For a moment, Venorik looked up from his book and stared at the little figurine, before he shook his head, braided white hair rustling softly.  "No.  I require no more assistance.  I need to work, and I need to rest.  Your presence would only make those things more dificult to do." He replied softly, no true edge of malice in his voice.  Venorik was merely tired, and already becoming absorbed in his text.  Had Blue just found a corner to sit in, perfectly still for a few hours, Venorik probably would not have noticed him.

((Edit:  Yep, end time methinks))

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2007, 05:09:47 AM »
All females are dangerous? Blue thought, though he didn\'t comment. He\'d never seen either guys or girls as particularly more dangerous than the other. After all, everyone in this academy was highly dangerous, regardless of gender. All the adjectives Venorik listed applied just as easily to the men Blue knew as to the women.

At the same time, Blue didn\'t really understand why someone would worship it at all - that it was beautiful made just about as much sense to him as anything else, and more sense than a lot of things. "I think it\'s very... finely carved," the pixie said softly, stopping himself from using the word "beautiful". He may not understand it, but he could respect Venorik\'s opinion on the goddess.

Blue\'s wings dropped a bit when Venorik told him he would only get in the way, but the servant didn\'t say anything. He simply bowed, hands folded behind his back, and exited the room. Blue closed the door softly behind him before padding down the hallways, making his way to the South wing where he lived. It had been a rather long day, and he was looking forward to getting some sleep...

[End?]