Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Feeble Wanderings  (Read 4788 times)

w0rmy

Feeble Wanderings
« on: July 15, 2007, 03:22:57 PM »
(reserved for Hayden Ward)

She was pretty sure it was the early evening... there were less students about. There were little foot steps to be felt, little sounds to be heard... Malek only had two classes today which was disappointing and they were not interesting ones either. Appreciation of Death and Sword Play, Malek groaning at the thought...

I already know this... I can pass everything with flying colours yet... and yet they don\'t advance me... just because I\'m blind doesn\'t mean I\'m not capable!

Ending the thought bitterly, whenever something didn\'t go right for her, the girl would assume it was because of her blindness. Grinding her teeth at the thought and continued to walk through the corridors, listening for any sign of movement... her bare feet padding the cool stone floor. The female never wore shoes, she absolutely refused... even when tutors asked her to. The short female sighed, wishing that someone would come... it could be anyone, it didn\'t matter. It wouldn\'t have mattered if it was a \'dimwit\', Malek just wanted someone else to be there...

Hayden Ward

Re: Feeble Wanderings
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 12:28:25 PM »
Ciaran made his way down the hall, his eyes plastered into his book of study, but even so he knew these halls like the back of his hands and could walk them with his eyes closed. But what he didn\'t know was that he would run into someone, knocking his book out of his hands, and send it spraling acrossed the hallway floor.

"Oh I\'m sorry." He chimmed looking to the curly head girl and smiling. "I guess that I should have been paying attention to where I was going." He then proceeded to stoop down and pick up his book, shutting it and placing it at his side.

w0rmy

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 07:22:42 PM »
The vibrations she felt within the ground where light and steady, not forgetting to mention Malek could hear the person\'s foot steps. They padded quietly on the stone floor - pad pad pad pad. They were not the obnoxious and clumsy steps of a young student... but possibly an older student, maybe even an Apprentice. Maybe they would attempt to make conversation with her or just simply walk past. They were coming closer and closer, the person seem to intend to stop otherwise they would of faltered but no, that wasn\'t the case. They were so close now, Malek frowned, she could of easily walked out of the way of the person but chose not to, why should she? After all, she was blind.

Realising that the stranger wasn\'t going to move, she attempted to get out of the way but was too slow, so the two collided. She made a soft "omff" sound and steadied herself, no, she wasn\'t about to fall over but was close to it. She had really thought that the man(Malek figured out it the gender by the contact, his build was masculine despite being thin... it was different from a females body).

Malek tutted at the stranger\'s clumsiness, he could see couldn\'t he? How come he managed to bump into her? Reading a book?

Bah...

However, Malek tried to remain polite but her tone was obviously cold.
"It\'s... okay."
Such a lie... and boy was the girl terrible at it.
"You have perfectly able eye sight yet... yet you still manage to bump into me?"
However, there was something else bothering her in the back of her mind. The boy\'s voice... it sounded so similar though Malek was quite sure she had never  heard it before. Where on earth would she have heard it before anyway? The girl looked over(well, not really look, but it just looked like she was doing so) at the man, her grey eyes intense and curious... but still somewhat blank.
"I apologise... you\'re voice seems very similar. When I say similar I mean not of in the Academy.. or maybe I do? Anyway, I think I\'ve heard it... when I was younger... I\'m sorry, haha. I don\'t have a clue what I\'m saying..."
Malek didn\'t have a clue what she was talking about, she didn\'t know how to explain it so hopefully the man would understand however she doubted it.

Hayden Ward

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 02:20:57 PM »
He shrugged some, it not having dawned on him yet that the girl was blind, but then again he was more worried about finding the page to the book that he had been studying. He hated when he had to sift through pages to find out where he had left off, only to read what he had already read to try and find the exact location of where he had left.

He now looked up to the girl his eyes furrowing some when she began to talk some about his familiar voice. He had never seen the girl before, maybe she had heard him talking with a few of his friend in the hall. "Dunno...But i\'ve never seen you before so maybe I just remind you of someone, or maybe we have bumped into each other before.

That was a complete possiblility maybe the two had bumped into one another, possibly even held a conversation since he was bad at remembering names and faces being more worried about his school studies.

He smiled "By the way, I\'m Ciaran" He held out his hand, still oblivious to the fact that she was blind.

w0rmy

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 02:33:33 PM »
The girl was disappointed the man failed to recognise her however looked passed it. Malek herself wasn’t quite sure who the stranger was herself…
“Yeah, I guess.”
Trailing off and sighed. She felt a bit foolish for asking however the girl shook her head before introducing herself.
“Cieran? I haven’t heard of you… what is your last name? What house are you in?”
The girl sounded quite suspicious but who could blame her? She is blind after all... Malek remembered when people usually greeted one another, they shook hands. Did this offer his hand? The girl held out her hand, oblivious to the fact that Cieran was already holding out his.
“I’m Macha… however I preferred to be called Malek.”