Author Topic: Shinigami\'s art dump  (Read 5078 times)

Shinigami

Shinigami\'s art dump
« on: August 04, 2007, 04:48:20 AM »
Quick character sketch of a hopefully-soon-to-be-approved character in Heroes and Villians, the megalomaniacal career politician Chase Mattigan:

untitled hero character:

a doodle I drew up to use as an exercise in coloring...:

More to come!

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Shinigami\'s art dump
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 05:04:55 AM »
Oh my God, did you really draw all of them? They are so amazing! The second one looks so professional!

I just read your character profile, it looks good am I\'m sure it\'ll be accepted soon. Welcome to RPC and I hope you have a great time rping with us, I look forward to encountering your characters ;) If you have any questions just ask or pm Existentially Odd or Satyr (our friendly neighbourhood admins)!

Oh, and have a welcome turkey! :turkey:

Offline Satyr

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 05:43:55 AM »
o.o

Wow!  Those are outstanding - you\'ve got some very nice figure studies.

and :welcome: from me too!

~Dee
Infusco: Ben : Charon : Cicero : Helio : Jenna : Lazarus : Quin : Vincent : Yuri
Infusco Past: Tiberius
Oberon: Mayhew (Boy King)
Halflight: Samuel

Shinigami

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 06:05:39 AM »
Thanks guys! :D

Offline Mandy

• VIP
  • Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »
Hmm, these have a strangely familiar style to them! This wouldn`t happen to be my old friend from BA, would it? ;)

Wonderful work! And welcome to the board!!!!!

-Mandy!;)
Infusco: Mandy Lynn, Heather Sykes, Gabriel "Gabe"
The Savage Islands: Trey Hunt

"Man is the only creature that blushes... or has reason to." (Paraphrase)
- Mark Twain

Shinigami

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 12:21:40 PM »
Quote from: Mandy
Hmm, these have a strangely familiar style to them! This wouldn`t happen to be my old friend from BA, would it? ;)

Possibly... ;)

Another quick sketch I did as I was trying to flesh out a pending character\'s background in Oberon... Here\'s Ahdeka ibn-Falmar, Prince-in-Exile of the faraway land of Jaanistan:

Offline Satyr

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 08:07:41 PM »
You have an beautiful talent for faces  :clapping:
Infusco: Ben : Charon : Cicero : Helio : Jenna : Lazarus : Quin : Vincent : Yuri
Infusco Past: Tiberius
Oberon: Mayhew (Boy King)
Halflight: Samuel

Acedia

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »
whoa! these are awesome. I really like  the way his pants look in the first sketch and the coloring in the other two. Wow and Ahdeka looks really good. I\'m lovin the detail.<3

w0rmy

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 10:32:38 PM »
Your sense of anatomy is admirable! I know this might sound a bit strange, but I like how your males are masculine. Their stances and such for example. I always have trouble drawing men doing,ah, manly things. Haha. I particularly like how you drew Ahdeka\'s face! A lot. I really like how you actually gave him African features instead of giving him European look but just with dark skin. Do you post your art on any art-uploading site(i.e. Deviantart) or do you have your own online portfolio?

Shinigami

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 06:32:32 AM »
Satyr and Acedia: Thanks! :D

Quote from: w0rmy
Your sense of anatomy is admirable! I know this might sound a bit strange, but I like how your males are masculine. Their stances and such for example. I always have trouble drawing men doing,ah, manly things. Haha. I particularly like how you drew Ahdeka\'s face! A lot. I really like how you actually gave him African features instead of giving him European look but just with dark skin. Do you post your art on any art-uploading site(i.e. Deviantart) or do you have your own online portfolio?

First of all, thanks for the praise! And no, I don\'t do uploading sites besides photobucket for file hosting...

Shinigami

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 02:38:26 AM »
**cringes at double posting**

New character sketch for a pending character over in Oberon, Eleric Mattigan, distant relative of the guy holding the globe at the beginning of the thread. Hopefully it\'ll work out to where we see how the Mattigan clan becomes as wealthy as it is in Heroes vs Villains after Eleric\'s upcoming adventures in Oberon.

Enjoy!

Shinigami

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 03:10:10 AM »
W00t! Triple post ftw! :)

Cover (maybe) design for my graphic novel... now if I can only fill it with pages! :p  Finally got a finished script out of my dad but haven\'t found time to illustrate it...

Some pages I keep doing and redoing... Curse of the perfectionist artist... **sigh**

w0rmy

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 11:15:38 PM »
God, I envy the way you ink! Beautiful work!

Shinigami

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 03:14:36 AM »
Quote from: w0rmy
God, I envy the way you ink! Beautiful work!

Thanks! Just wait til you see what I\'m working on right now though... I\'ll have it up this weekend and it\'ll rock your socks if you like ink work! :D

Shinigami

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 01:34:17 PM »
**blows dust off thread**

my apologies to all, i\'ve been swamped with school-related stuff... :S

to make amends, here is the first page of my just-for-kicks one shot comic starring yours truly and my gf as college students moonlighting as super-heroes... enjoy, and let me know what you think!