Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Restriction. Noun.  (Read 7256 times)

magnolia9662

Restriction. Noun.
« on: August 19, 2007, 04:37:50 AM »
Curiosity [kyoo r-ee-os-i-tee]
-noun, plural -ties.
1. A desire to know or learn.
2. A desire to know about people or things that do not concern one; nosiness.

The library this afternoon was filled with it. Georgio was simply reading up on his favorite fungus, the Death Cap, while noticing every person that had walked by himself and his brother, Peter, had been whispering to another about them. Wondering what they were thinking, especially Peter, who had talked to hardly anyone. "Why is he so weird?" "It\'s hard to believe the two are related." "I\'m curious to know how those two became so very different but yet are twins."

Georgio, being quite the social person, and in that case, quite the opposite of Peter, was very popular. Almost everyone had known his name. And most of those were his friends. However, curious to find any knew information on the Death Cap, Georgio continued reading. Just as each person that walked past was curious to find whatever books they wanted, and stopped whispering.

Attention [uh-ten-shuh n]
-noun
1. Concentration of the mental powers upon an object; a close or careful observing or listening.
2. Observant consideration; notice.

Peter had been staring out the closest window to Georgio, searching, as he normally did, for any changes in the landscape that he could possibly take his brother exploring. Unluckily, he had not noted any as of yet. And considering he had already read every book in this library that seemed to interest him, Peter continued searching.

Georgio, unlike Peter, read any book so long as it was a book and he could learn from it. Georgio might have prefered books on plants, but really, anything new would excite him. This was why they still came to the library after five years of reading the books inside it. And why Peter was there, staring out the window.

Many people, he noted, had passed by whispering about him. These, he did not care, and for a few moments the whispering had ceased. And then, one whispered fact, he heard, it was not directed toward him, but this he cared most about.

"I tried gettin\' into that restri\'ed library of sorts in the East Tower. It\'s damn good locked pre\'y well."

Ignoring the poor english in which the voice spoke, Peter took in the facts, and saw that the same whisper had also grabbed Georgio\'s attention. That, of course, being very expected. Seeing the smile that lingered across Georgio\'s face, Peter said in an undertone of interest, "Restricted reading in the East Tower."

Offline CowboyBlonde

• Scribe
  • Write with no boundaries.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Restriction. Noun.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 06:10:18 AM »
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a brain disorder, and more specifically, an anxiety disorder. OCD is manifested in a variety of forms, but is most commonly characterized by a subject\'s obsessive drive to perform a particular task or set of tasks, compulsions commonly termed rituals.

Today Mason would attend the library for studying.  But to do that Mason had to leave his room first.  Mason wouldn\'t leave untill he had made his bed and made sure that there were no wrinkles in his blankets.  Mason carefully placed the two pillows on top of the blankets at the head of the bed.  He stood up straight and stared at them.  He simply shook his head and grabbed the top pillow and fluffed it, then carefully placed it back down.  He stood up straight again and stared.  Again he grabbed the pillow and fluffed it.  He did this many times a day before leaving his room, until he thought it looked exactly perfect.  Mason spent another ten minutes pressing out the wrinkles in his blankets.

The teen finally made it to the bathroom.  He stared into the mirror and gently pushed his hair to one side of his forhead and made sure no hair was out of place.  Next he brushed his teeth.  30 strokes up and down, and then another 30 strokes side to side.  Mason probably had the whitest teeth in the Academy.  He vowed to die before letting his teeth become any color other than a bright shape of white.  When he finished he checked his hair one last time.  

Mason walked to the door of his dorm and went to open it but stopped.    The dirty blonde stared at the doornob.  He\'d be damed if he was going to touch that with his bareskin.  His mind raced with thoughts of how many people touched it and left their germs there.  Mason always held Many peices of cloth in his pockets for these exact situations.  But before he could take one out another boy had opened the door.  Weight was lifted off of Mason\'s shoulders as he quickly slipped through the door before it closed.

The only thing between Mason and the library now was a set of stairs.  He began to climb them.  And he began counting in his head.  "One, two, three, four, five, six."  Mason would always count stairs going up them..even when he was done with them he would continue counting numbers in his head untill he was distracted with something else.  He stepped into the Library and a boy wlaked past him shoving chocolate into his mouth.  "How Digusting" He said, looking at the boy as he passed.  He began walking towards a table still counting in his head.  "One plus two plus three plus four plus five plus six equals twenty-one.  two plus one equals three."  He usually ended it once he got to a single digit number.

Mason pulled out a chair, he removed a peice of cloth from his pocket and layed it over the cusion and sat down ontop of it.  He then reached in for another peice of cloth and started to whipe down the table that was infront of him.  He began to notice people around him whispering things.  He woundered why, but then realized he had sat at a table with two other boys.  One with hideous metal hanging from his ears, he then realized who the whispering was for.  Mason gave the boy a dirty look.   He then looked to the other boy who looked very simalar to the one next to him, but cleaner.  Mason Felt intoxicated by this one\'s very Green eyes.  Then he noticed the book, "Oh is that a book on plant\'s you are reading?"
INFUSCO: Scott / Blake / Parker
ZOMBIE MANIA: Christian / Joel
HALFLIGHT: Mason

magnolia9662

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 02:29:10 PM »
Excitement [ik-sahyt-muh nt]
-noun
1. The feeling of lively and cheerful joy.
2. The state of being emotionally aroused and worked up.

Georgio had just been pondering very excitedly of this restricted library in the East Tower when something new had aroused his inner joy. The most exciting question had finally come his way, someone had asked a question not only about what he was reading, oh no, it also involved plants! It was most certainly not one of those rubbish questions asking why his brother was so weird, oh no, this one excited, not frustrated Georgio very much so.

With a slight jump, for he was unaware a boy had been sitting by him besides his brother, Georgio\'s eyes fell upon a boy he had never met. Which was a pleasantly exciting surprise, considering he knew many people in this school, and now was his chance to meet another. And evidently he had shown some knowledge in plants.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I am reading a book about plants. 101 Poisonous Fungi. Just came in, and my dearest librarian friend was so very kind as to point it out to me. You see, I come here very often - haven\'t seen you around - and my most interest lays in plants. The poisonous ones. I find them very, intruiging. I daresay, so did my grandmother." With this statement, a broad smile had leaked across his face, "My favorite one is the Death Cap. The yellowish-brown ones actually, Amanita phalloides, they\'re known as." Georgio had just realized he got a bit carried away. "I\'m sorry, I\'m speaking far too much. But you see, I had gotten excited. Most of the questions I hear from strangers are negative and regarding my dearest brother here, Peter. You have an interest in plants?"

When he first began to slow down as he spoke, Georgio realized that another exciting thing had been sitting in front of him. This stranger was rather attractive.

Interest [in-ter-ist, -trist]
-noun
1. The feeling of a person whose attention, concern or curiosity is particularly engaged by something. Possibly due to excitement.

Interest, or new found lack of, rest in Peter\'s heart. He had become very interested as to the adventure his brother and himself could take to the East Tower. He had also been very interested in finding a body of water out the window, and so continued to do so until he thought of how he would begin forming a plan with his brother to sneak into the restricted library.

And as he looked back over to Georgio, he became very uninterested with who he noted as Georgio\'s new friend. Georgio must have found him interesting however, for he wouldn\'t stop talking. Peter, of course also noticed this stranger\'s lack of interest in himself. He could tell that this squeaky-clean boy was not very fond of Peter and how he came across by his appearance.

And so, very uninterested in their conversation, Peter looked back out his window.

Offline CowboyBlonde

• Scribe
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 03:22:04 PM »
in·trigue [v. in-treeg; n. in-treeg, in-treeg, -trigued, -tri·guing]
–verb
1. to arouse the curiosity or interest of by unusual, new, or otherwise fascinating or compelling qualities; appeal strongly to; captivate: The plan intrigues me, but I wonder if it will work.  
2. to achieve or earn by appealing to another\'s curiosity, fancy, or interest

Mason noticed right away that Georgio was obvisouly very inteligent, and knew what he was talking about.  Mason was always researching plants, they are the main ingredient to a good potion most of the time.  "Ah, yes." Mason said to Georgio, "101 Poisonous Fungi, I read this book when i was younger, my grandfather had it, along with many others."

Mason looked over to the strange looking boy staring out the window.  How odd, this boy is, he thought.  Mason decided he no longer wanted to be near the peirced boy and moved to the other side of the more intelligent one.  "No, I don\'t come in here much, The dust bothers me.  Yes I also have an intrest in plants, And my grandfather tought me everything I know."  Mason just listened as The green eyed teen spoke very fast.  Almost forgetting what he was saying.

After a moment of awkward silence he noticed the other twin turn his attention to the window yet again.  "I\'m sorry where are my manors, My name is Mason."  Mason was intrigued by the same looking boys, known as Twins.  He had never actually seen twins before.  "You two boys look very much alike."  Then he whispered, "That boy there, is he ok, why must he keep staring out the window?"  Mason noticed while looking at the boy that he didn\'t have the same amount of peircings in both ears, this bothered him very much.

magnolia9662

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 12:49:57 PM »
Temptation [temp-tey-shuh n]
-noun
1. Enticement or allurement.
2. The desire to have or do something that you know you should avoid.

"Hello Mason, my name is Georgio. And yes, we do look similar, for as I\'ve mentioned we are brothers. We are also twins." Georgio smiled, as to be polite. He was really tempted to ask if Mason found him attractive, for he enjoyed compliments, and he himself thought so much of Mason. However, Georgio then remember Mason had asked another question for him to answer. "Peter has looked out the windows of this library ever since he read every book here he was interested in. You see, he has a thing with water - ocean life, particularly - and he also loves adventuring."

At that word, \'adventuring\', Georgio then remember the restricted library. Now tempted to just rush over to the East tower with Peter, or even ask Mason to join them. But Mason seemed to much of a rule-lover with his perfect looks. And also he could tell that temptation would most certainly not be what Mason would feel at the thought of going someone with Peter. And now he tempted himself to continue reading, but knew he still had to talk to his new acquaintance. So, finishing what he had left off, "Therefore, he looks out each window, browsing the grounds of the school for any body of water he could venture off to."

Georgio\'s temptation overpowered him. "Say, we were just about to venture ourselves into the East tower. Care to join us?"

Suspicion [suh-spish-uh n]
1. Act of suspecting.
Synonym:
1. a state of uncertainty; doubt.

Peter became suspicious of Mason\'s character. However, his opinion on the boy, of course, would be completely biased, considering Mason hadn\'t himself liked Peter very much. And as he gazed out the window, not exactly paying attention to the landscape, he continued to listen as Georgio spoke. Suspecting that maybe Georgio had enjoyed the company of Mason a bit more than just as a friendly conversation.

And with Georgio\'s last question he posed towards Mason, Peter became instantly suspicious of how Mason would react, and instantly furious Georgio would invite him. Peter loved adventures, but only by himself or with his brother. He didn\'t even want in the least for Mason to even be there talking to him.

But even if Mason did agree to join them, Peter suspected himself to still visit the tower. Because frankly, this restricted library was the most curious, attention-grabbing, exciting, interesting, tempting and suspicious place Peter had ever heard was in this academy.

Offline CowboyBlonde

• Scribe
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 01:52:45 PM »
Restriction  [ri-strik-shuhn]
–noun
1. something that restricts; a restrictive condition or regulation; limitation.  
2. the act of restricting.  
3. the state of being restricted.  

Ick, The Ocean, what a filthy place. Mason thought.  
Mason stared at Peter for a moment.  His hair, it\'s so messy He Winced.  Before Georgio mentioned the east tower Mason asked, "Does he go with you everywhere?"

Mason\'s thumbs began circleing each other.  With the dust flying around and all the imperfections on Peters body, he was begining to freak out.  But Mason\'s attention was quickly aimed in gergio\'s direction again.  "The East Tower?  Are you Mad?  Isn\'t that restricted?  We.."  He corrected himself "..You, could get into alot of trouble."  Even though Gergio was attractive, Mason wasn\'t going anywhere with that walking mess brother of his.  Something had to be done with...that.

magnolia9662

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 04:02:12 AM »
Persuasion [per-swey-zhuh n]
-noun
1. Communication intended to induce belief or action.
2. A party, faction, or group holding to a particular set of ideas or beliefs.

"Yes, my brother, Peter, comes with me everywhere." Georgio at first found shock in Mason\'s blatant dislike toward\'s Peter, for he had forgotten that Peter might have been of a familiar persuasion that Georgio grew fond of, but evidently not many agreed. "We had a rough seperation and agreed to try and not lose eachother again."

"As far as the East Tower," Georgio began, intent on persuading his newfound friend, "one will only get in trouble if one is caught sneaking in. Being in the house of Confuto, and level 5, you will find Peter and I are very experienced in the field of shadow. And anyway, we\'re going only to gain more wisdom. I\'m sure you will be fond of doing so yourself." And with a smile, and a stare with his intoxicating, green eyes into Mason\'s own, Georgio had persuaded himself that much more speak wasn\'t neccesary to add Mason as a part of their adventure.

Offline CowboyBlonde

• Scribe
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 12:25:28 PM »
Power - [pou-er]
 ~ the possession of control or command over others.

Some how, this boy had the power to bring Mason looking deep into his green eyes.  Mason wanted to say yes so badly by now.  Screw the consequences, as long as you get to be with a beautiful boy such as him.  But...no...Mason had to be in control, he always was.  How could someone he barley knew be able to posses such power over him.  Mason was letting Lust get in the way of things.  This had to stop.  Mason moved quickly around the table to where Peter was sitting.  "So peter, why are you so interested to go to the east tower?"  Mason wasn\'t paying attention much to peter because his gaze was still stuck on Georgio.  Still, Mason noticed the peircings that he wanted to rip out of peters face.  Something had to be done with this other half.  Of course Mason wanted to leave with Georgio.  

Suddenly a person at the next table sneezed,  Mason quickly pulled a clean cloth out from his pocket and held it over his mouth and nose.  "I Suggest you do the same."  Mason muffled from behind his cloth, and at the same time holding a new clean one out to peter.

magnolia9662

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 09:41:50 AM »
Distraction [di-strak-shuh n]
-noun
1. Mental or emotional disturbance.

"Venom and it\'s Deadliest Beholders?!"
Georgio was gone after noticing this book in the distance.
There was no hope. He might as well have spotted a treasure chest.
Georgio was distracted.

Rejection [ri-jek-shuh n]
-noun
1. The refusal to accept

Peter refused to believe it. He just didn\'t want to. Georgio, as Peter noticed, clearly had an interest in Mason. Peter tried rejecting all thought of it when saw how Georgio looked at him, hoping that it was just Georgio being his social self. But Peter\'s internal jealousy would not allow him to reject any of these suspicions. Peter did not like Mason, he was too rejecting of filth and freedom. And Peter himself, wanted Georgio. Although Georgio was Peter\'s brother, he didn\'t seem much like it. Georgio had been absent through most of Peter\'s life, and in the end, Georgio was the only living person left to show Peter love. And just because Peter knew he was related to Georgio, he himself could not reject those intoxicating green eyes.

Seeing Mason hand him a cloth did it for Peter. Being encouraged by his jealousy and freshly born hatred, Peter rejected Mason\'s offer. He never liked suggestions on what he should do. And now, he hated the idea of doing anything the same as Mason.

Peter rejected the cloth, and rejected all speech. However, he did not reject his blatant fury\'s need.

Offline CowboyBlonde

• Scribe
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 09:24:14 AM »
Focus - [foh-kuhs]
  ~ A central point, as of attraction, attention, or activity.

Mason was shocked, How could Peter live with all of this disgusting filth around him?!  Mason\'s dislike of Peter heightend, when he was rejected.  "How can you stand all the bacteria collecting on you right now?"  Mason was disgusted by this and focused his attention to Peter\'s better half, but quickly realized that Georgio was no longer sitting that the table.  Now, still behind the white cloth, Mason quickly searched the large room with his eyes.  Ah, there he was, the beautifly shaped boy standing by the book shelves, reading.  Mason rose to his feet and gently pushed in his chair with his one free hand.  He felt the collected dust on the chair glide across his palm, and was instanly sick to his stomach.

Mason moved around the tables slowly, carefully and quietly, not wanting to disturb anyone.  Finally he appeared infront of Georgio and admired the book he was reading.  Mason lowered the cloth slowly, "Ah, I\'ve read this bo-.."  He stopped.  Mason\'s eyes focused on a small wrinkle in the book\'s cover.  The wrinkle only being there because the book was so old.  "Oh No" Mason grabbed the book and pointed to the wrinkle..."There...Is A...Wrinkle here...in the cover...do you see?" Mason said franticly while looking at Georgio and the book back and forth.  "This can\'t be there."  Mason brought his finger to the wrinkle and started to press over the area faster and faster, trying to smooth it out.  Mason\'s brain was overpowered by this impulse, his focus was no longer on the pretty boy standing in front of him, but the smallest wrinkle he wanted gone.  For some reason mason looked to his left and spotted another book on the shelve with a wrinkle in it\'s spine. "Danmit!" He shouted, dropping the Venom book and grabing this new one, he started to smooth out the area with his finger.  The rough texture of this one\'s cover started to wear down Mason\'s skin and he started to bleed from pressing so hard.