Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Unexpected Company  (Read 17038 times)

w0rmy

Re: Unexpected Company
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 10:34:59 PM »
Out of all things to happen, this was least expected and before he knew it, Iveri found himself on the ground. Idrial had pushed him. All of what she did was completely un-necessary; no protection was needed for the vampire. An arrow could do nothing but a cut and only minutes would the flesh close. It was ridiculous and most, most annoying! Even if Idrial morphed into a werewolf and lost control of all senses, Iveri could still protect himself. He had to admit, however, that the creatures were powerful but they were not smart. The feat wouldn’t be that difficult or at least in his opinion.

The fight between the two was fast and quick but violent .Very violent. Splashes of blood and flesh torn and severed. Iveri could have done something but nothing happened, all he did was sit. Anger began to simmer in the bowls of his stomach and eyes beginning to contort. He did not appreciate being ‘protected’, after all, what was there to protect? He was a seven hundred year old vampire! How old was this girl again? Twenty?

Upon hearing Idrial’s words, those grey eyes contorted even further. There was no appreciation, there was no thanks but only anger. It was an insult for someone so young to protect him when it was unneeded.
“I am nearly seven hundred years old and how old are you?” Though his voice was quiet, it was deadly, “I do not require protection.”

WHOOSH

His whole right arm was covered in flames. They licked at his flesh but there was no stench of burning. And as quick as they were conjured, they disappeared. His face remained the same, cold and angry.
“It would completely foolish of you to protect me. Just look at yourself. You’re flesh is a mess.”
Iveri turned, he couldn’t bear looking at her. Only moments ago, the two had their lips locked. Ugh!
“Who was he?”
Despite feeling disgusted, he was quite curious… well, somewhat curious. Why did this man attack the black haired female so viciously?

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 08:37:51 AM »
“I am nearly seven hundred years old and how old are you? I do not require protection.”

She could feel the anger in his voice, she knew that he was almost 700 years old but that did not matter. She knew Lucifer all to well and he would kill anyone in his way that would prevent him from Idrial. She saw fire come from his arm and almost left as soon as she had seen them. His voice was still full of rage towards her after she had risked her life.

“It would completely foolish of you to protect me. Just look at yourself. You’re flesh is a mess.”

Idrial could not take this, she had saved his life and their was nothing within his voice to appreciate this, her body was now full of rage that she could no longer feel the wound burning.  Her daggers were still near him and she had to get this arrow out. Without hesitation she grabbed the wooden shaft and swiftly pulled it out, it probably was not the wisest thing to but she was too mad to think and tossed it over to Iveri, he was still turned away from her and no longer looked at her face. She spoke in a pained but dark voice.

“That is not just dipped in any silver Iveri; it is dipped in silver called Colloidal Silver. A poison that would have killed you in minutes, it works quickly by dissolving it’s self in the blood stream and burns you from the inside out! It’s a slow poison and there is no antidote for vampires. What seems likes minutes would be hours for you.”

Her shirt was ripped and she could see the flesh blacking, she knew that she was in hours of torture and pain. The blood flow seemed to slow down and she scoured the floor with her one hand, she had gone under this type of pain before and it hurt like hell last time. She clenched her teeth as she spoke the pain was now getting to her.

“It won’t kill a werewolf but it will put them under extreme pain and the flesh will blacken like it is now, about 4 to 6 hours for it to regenerate back to pink … and his name was Lucifer his brother killed my parents and I killed his brother that night. They were both werewolf brothers and he wanted me dead…”

She stopped and arched her back; her nails dug into the wooden floor and sucked in a lot of air. Her one hand flew back and hit the metal of the bed making an impression and slicing her hand open. She did not cry out though, she wouldn’t dare do that and swore under her breath.

w0rmy

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 08:10:26 PM »
Their lips were connected, body heat was exchanged, flesh against flesh. A hand cupped his mouth, a vain attempt to stop vomit. Of course, he didn’t throw up. Iveri felt like doing so but then he would be dirty. Ugh. Disgusting, disgusting, dis-gust-ting!! Ugh! Not only that, only moments ago, he had thought that Idrial was no fool and now… well, he thought the complete and utter opposite. And this opinion only increased upon hearing her words. Silver? Silver does not kill vampires! Colloidal or not.

“Silver does not kill vampires, cretin.” Still not exchanging eye contact, “I have studied everything about everything about science. I have been on Earth since 950 and not once have I seen such a substance kill a vampire!” This time, Iveri turned sharply, pouring his own grey eyes into hers. “Not once! I have studied everything there is about vampires and I know all their weaknesses and their strengths. Let’s also not forget to mention that I’m one myself.” His fist slammed against the shack’s wall, leaving a large indent. Iveri walked closer, but it was done in a threatening way. There was nothing placid about it. “There are several ways of killing a vampire which does not include, ah, colloidal silver.” Smiling coldly, “Beheading, sunlight or burning.”

Burning.

Only moments ago, the vampire’s arm was covered in flames and it didn’t burn. That was because it was magical fire and also because, Iveri conjured them himself. However, if someone else conjured fire and threw it at him then he would burn.

Brother werewolves? How boring and unoriginal. Werewolves were such boring creatures; they were not interesting like any other super naturals. Some called them fascinating, Iveri just called them stupid.  
“I see. So Lucifer wanted to finish of the job. Destroy the Senya bloodline.”
He made it sound as if it was an everyday thing… well, living for nearly seven hundred years, one doesn’t get surprised much. Everything becomes tiring and just plain boring.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 03:06:41 PM »
There lips had touched but for only a brief moment and he still did not looked into her eyes. She did not expect him too after what she was trying to explain to him. He put a hand to his mouth and quickly removed it from his lips. He spoke in low tone towards her.

“Silver does not kill vampires, cretin. I have studied everything about everything about science. I have been on Earth since 950 and not once have I seen such a substance kill a vampire! Not once! I have studied everything there is about vampires and I know all their weaknesses and their strengths. Let’s also not forget to mention that I’m one myself. There are several ways of killing a vampire which does not include, ah, colloidal silver. Beheading, sunlight or burning.”

Idrial only had to smile but it was sort of an insane smile, a low growl came from within her throat as she narrowed her eyes. She looked at his face his eyes avoiding hers but she wanted him to see the rage; she was infuriated by his ignorance. It was all to well a trait of the vampire race and was always got the best of them. She closed her eyes and laughed a little only to open them again, they were no longer a beautiful blue but a bright orange color. They only got this way when she had little control over her human self and she spoke in almost a snarl with her canines fully being shown, breathing heavily.

“I fucking know that silver does not kill you! Don\'t you get it, it was insinct! I already saw the people that I cherished in the world killed in front of my eyes and I never got to say goodbye! I hate it when people around me get hurt because of my past catching up to me and when that happens someone either gets hurt or killed!"

He eyes still burned with intensity at Iveri and their was nothing she could do to stop it, she was glad though that she had enough control not to lash out at Iveri. It would be the last thing she wanted. Her tone did not change, in fact it intensified greatly.  

“Lucifer practiced dark magic, very dark magic that was said to be lost at the beginning of 450 … long before your time. It was magic that was specialized in killing the immortals like us. It has been passed down from generation to generation in Lucifers family!”

He wound burned like hell, she arched her back again and slammed her fists down on the wooden floor making a hole the size of her fist. She could barley talk but she continued, she wanted to make a point.

“How do I know this … Lucifer was to be my future husband, all the arrangements were made by my mother but after what I did to his brother he could never forgive me and the same was for me when his brother killed my parents. He swore to kill the last of the remaining line of the Senya.”

She held out her hand weakly and the arrow came back to her, she held it in her hand and looked at it and sort of laughed.

"This was probably unwise of me to pull it in a rage..."

Suddenly her eyes grew wide, she looked at it, half the tip was gone. She looked to were she threw it last at Iveri and it was not their, she realized it was inside of her. Suddenly she could feel blood running out of her nose she couldn’t breathe properly and with every breath blood came out. She gasped she couldn’t get any air, she needed to get the tip out of her or it would be an early death for her and she was too young to die. She could only gasp two words.

“Daggers… NOW!”

w0rmy

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 11:26:37 AM »
It was painful listening to hear speaking. In fact, he would face sunlight than hear Idrial… though, that was a bit over dramatic. Of course, Iveri wouldn’t do such a thing; it was just a figure of speech. Every syllable was petty, every word was petty… pretty much everything she said was petty. He could not believe he had thought that this girl wasn’t a fool and he felt incredibly stupid. Why did he even think that? He should’ve of taken things so quickly… Oh well, such is life after all.

Iveri decided it was time to exchange eye contact and so he did. Those strange eyes had turned orange and were adorned with rage. However, this did not mean he was going to step back in fear; he wasn’t that type of vampire.  
“My, my… what language. There is no need for it. It just makes you look juvenile.” He purred. Yes, Iveri was still disgusted but that doesn’t mean he was about to loose his temper. There was no point. “You should be used to it by now, High Apprentice.” The way Idrial spoke, it made him surprised that she was even an assassin. The only life that Assassin’s knew was murder and death, nothing more.  

Idrial continued to speak however Iveri did not reply. There was no point; it was like talking to a two year old. He pulled of his leather gloves and examined his finger nails. They were more interesting than HER… but then Iveri heard harsh rasping sounds and looked up. Crimson was flowing from her nose like a river but did not help. He folded his arms and watched, he would not help her.
“No.”

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 11:34:35 AM »
Iveri no longer cared what happened to her she could tell by his body language, he carefully took off his leather glove and stared at his finger nails. He purred in a most irritating tone as he folded his arms over his chest.

“No”

Had she heard right, did he refuse to help her? She could not believe this, the man that she thought was caring and loving turned out to be a cold hearted bastard. He had used her and it filled her with rage. She wanted to hurt him badly but she couldn’t in this state she had to get the silver out. She raised her hand and tried to call the daggers to her, they moved slightly her way. She kept trying and slowly they made their way to her, she weakly grasped the handle. She knew this would hurt and quickly jabbed it just above the wound and propelled it out, she took her fingers and pulled out the silver that was visible which she them she weakly threw it away from her.

She pulled the knife out, the silver was out and she was glad. She felt better she could feel the insides of her healing. Blood slowed to a trickle, it was no longer a dark red when she breathed but became a faint pink. She wiped her face clean with her cloak and slowly stood with the help of the bed.  She was stronger now but her full powers were not back yet and stared at Iveri, then in quick movement she leaped across the room and slammed him against the wall with her forearm up at his throat with a knife in her hand pressed up against his neck.

She pressed hard against his throat she was full of rage and her eyes glowed an intense orange. She wanted to kill him but it would lead to exile from the academy if she did, she spoke in low and sweet tone one that she had never used unless she intended to kill someone.

“My sweet Iveri … I thought you were different but now I can see you only used me and I do not take that kindly. Now I can see that all men no matter what race they are from are pigs!”

She pressed the knife a little harder against his throat, making an indent on his skin. She could cut his throat and get it over with. He had used her and she thought he was different and let her guard down only to be disappointed once again.

“I kill scum like you that use me for my body  ... Give me one reason why I shouldn’t kill you now besides that I would be exiled from the Academy for killing a master for no good reason.”

w0rmy

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2007, 03:33:32 PM »
Of course Iveri didn’t care if she perished and why should he? After all, the girl was a fool and we all know fools don’t deserve to live. What is their point of existence anyway? Just to be there and annoy people? They say, every creature has reason why there are, for example, we have spiders so they may eat the insects… but fools? What did they do that was helpful?

Idrial had pushed him against the wall and placed a dagger across his neck. How dull. The vampire was no afraid, what was there to be afraid of? After all, he was a Master and getting close to being seven hundred. And anyway, that dagger couldn’t do much except a mere scrape. The blade sunk further into his flesh but still, it did not bother him. The girl was angry and it was somewhat amusing however at the same time annoying. All of this fighting was trivial, it would not be fun.

Mots’q’enili. Dzalian mots’q’enili.” Cocking an eyebrow, “I thought you were not a fool but now I can see otherwise.”  

WHOOSH.

Iveri’s entire body was covered in flames. This conjuration took a lot of effort and he probably wouldn’t be able to do it for another week. Or even two! Most of the time, the vampire would only conjure balls, sometimes arm but rarely the entire body. The last time he did it was about… a year ago? Or was it even two years ago? Hopefully, this will make the filth go away. Go away and never come back. Oh yes, that would be wonderful. Anyway, he doubted that he would ever see her again; after all, he was going back to Georgia.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 11:07:16 AM »
“Mots’q’enili. Dzalian mots’q’enili. I thought you were not a fool but now I can see otherwise.”

Suddenly his body erupted in flames, she was a little surprised and the knife pressure lessened on his throat. The corner of her cloak had caught fire as well as her left arm and she stepped away entirely. She quickly shook her arm and the flames when out as they were not very big. She undid the clasp of her cloak and stepped on her cloak trying to put the flames out before it did any real damage to her cloak. She could see that there were tiny holes in tem close together; she would have to make a new one after this.

She calmly looked at Iveri; he still struggled to hold onto the flames that had engulfed his body. She gave a shallow laugh showing her teeth. He called himself a Master he did not deserve that title. Anyone with brains would know tha using magic beyond you control is dangerous to you and those around yourself.  She spoke calming but almost in a mocking voice.  

“You call yourself a master of knowledge and wisdom ... I can see that you have become the fool, how long can you hold onto those flames and after that... you\'ll be in a weak state. I know my limits unlike you and I do not try to produce magic that is beyond my control even in desperate situations.”

It would be nice to see the man that she had tried to help to be making a fool of himself in front of a High Apprentice. She smiled once more and waited for him to burn out, her arms crossed over her chest. She gave a little piece of advice then fell silent.

“A little lesson Iveri …  it is our choices that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

She shook her head slightly still smiling.

w0rmy

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2007, 07:37:39 PM »
The flames were difficult to contain and Iveri could only hold onto them for a one or two minute. Only a true master could pull this off, they probably could maintain it for twenty minutes, maybe even thirty! Sometimes, he wished that he practised fire conjuration more but upon further pondering, hand to hand combat is more satisfying. After all, fencing is a very beautiful art and who disagrees are obviously morons. And without being modest, Iveri could say he was quite skilled in it! He would have to be living on the Earth for nearly seven hundred years.

The flames lessened till there was nothing left but the vampire did nothing, nor did he speak. There was no point in exchanging oral communication, especially with a girl like this. It was like speaking to a rock-no! It was worse in fact, a rock could be valuable while this, girl, was worth nothing. Iveri watched, somewhat amused and somewhat annoyed. The Master was not going to attack and he predicted it wouldn’t be long before the filth would attack. Yes, the filth! That’s an excellent name for such a wretched creature… so from now on, he will call her Filth. The Filth continued to speak, God, it was annoying because it was just all irrelevant and just, just so stupid.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007, 09:42:08 AM »
The flames slowly started to disappear from around Iveri\'s body, if it was one thing she hated was people who stretched their abilities beyond what they could handle. She only watched him as the flames became dimmer and dimmer from around his body; she knew he would be somewhat weak after this as he said nothing to her when the flames had snuffed out entirely.

Her anger started to fade about him, he was only acting as any master should ... death was something to be accepted but Idrial had not yet learned that. One of her weaker flaws of herself, she had lived with mortals for so long that she had never gotten a chance to embrace the immortal side of herself. She could see that he was sweating a little which should not be so; he was almost 700 years old. She smiled a little towards him she could feel her eyes changing back into that beautiful blue that she had always loved.

She turned away form him and towards the cupboards that lay in the bed room, she had always kept whatever she needed to help her with her studies mostly human blood. It always gave her an energy boost when she use to be a student and was studying hard for some sort of test. She rooted through the cupboard taking things out and setting them on the small table that was underneath. Most of it was dried herbs that help to take away pain, put people to sleep etc. She reached far into the back were it was somewhat warm and pulled out a bottle of human blood.

She pulled out a glass as well and poured some of the human blood within it and held it up to her lips and drank what was in the glass. She swished it around in her mouth, satisfied that it was good to drink she swallowed it. She dug out another glass and poured the rest in the glass speaking in a soft tone.

“It’s not fresh but it\'ll do the job of giving most of your strength back."

She topped off the glass and drank what was left in the bottle, no point in wasting it she could some as well after what just happened. She walked over to him and set the glass beside the night table that was near him. She backed off a little as she did so giving him space. She did not know whether he was going to drink it or not. She sat on the chair that was across the room and remained silent.

Wondering if he would even speak to him after this, the tear in her shirt was large but lucky it did not expose her breast, only part of her belly which was quite toned and most of her side. She remained emotionless, not showing what she was really thinking.

w0rmy

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2007, 12:56:01 AM »
Iveri was annoyed, more than annoyed and still that was an understatement. Oh God, this girl was so irritating. She walked and talked with false pride and knowledge; she knew nothing. Even excrement had more worth than she, he thought bitterly, stupid, stupid girl. Thank God for Georgia, thank God! Of course, the vampire didn’t believe in any religion, they were just words of rejoice.

A small frown began to crease Iveri’s forehead, what was Idrial doing? She walked to a cupboard and returned with a bottle of blood. What she was doing with it, he didn’t know. Werewolves don’t blood, they eat meat… blood was not vital and it did nothing, it was useless to them. Vile creatures.

However, what happened next was completely unexpected, not to mention unwelcome. Idrial handed him a glass of blood! How dare she? Even if it was vital, he would never take it. She had touched it therefore it was worthless and dirty. Dirt, dirt, dirt nothing but dirt. Iveri glanced down at the glass and sighed irritably, all of this was pointless. Completely and utterly pointless. And why did she drink blood? This thought continued to revolve around and around in his mind, it was frustrating him! What was this? Was this some morbid habit that this disgusting girl developed?
“Why did you drink the blood?” He asked, “You are a werewolf, you do not require blood. Blood does nothing to you, it does nothing.”
From Idrial, Iveri looked down at the glass with a look of disgust and disapproval. He preferred fresh blood opposed old, it tasted much better. With a soft nudge which concluded with a shower of glass and blood.
“Who do you think you are? I don’t drink old blood. I especially won’t drink it if it’s been handled by someone like yourself.”
With a swift movement, he made his way towards the door,
“I am wasting my time, I bid you goodnight.”

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2007, 12:10:07 PM »
As she sat on the chair she could tell he was irritated with her and most defiantly disgusted, but she was trying to be nice to the so called Master and what he did not know was that she was at the end of her rope. Sure she knew that she could be a little irritating at times but weren\'t all people whether they were mortal or immortal.

“Why did you drink the blood? You are a werewolf, you do not require blood. Blood does nothing to you, it does nothing.”

She knew he had more to say and she listened to him rant and rave. Her blood was starting to boil although she didn\'t let it show.

“Who do you think you are? I don’t drink old blood. I especially won’t drink it if it’s been handled by someone like yourself. I am wasting my time, I bid you goodnight.”

With a flick of his finger the glass and blood that had held it was no more. Like herself that was it he had crossed the line, as he made his way to the door she looked over at the fireplace and without thinking summoned some of the hot coals and flung them against his back, upon impact a little fir had started on the cloth. If he had crossed the line before when she was weak their would be no way that she could have done that but her strength was back almost fully and spoke in a low tone waiting for the coals that had hit him to get a bigger flame. She rose form the chair speaking as she did so.

"I tried to be nice Iveri but you had crossed the line, First of all I am only half werewolf so get that through your head and Secondly by the tone you have used saying somebody like me I might think that you find me disgusting  and unworthy of life. Why I drink human blood that is none of your concern and it is not just some ghastly fetish."

w0rmy

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2007, 12:06:39 PM »
The Master just didn’t care any more. It wasn’t worth this time but this girl! She was so thick! And she actually thought she could better him. With a long sigh, Iveri turned and folded his arms. This girl was so stupid.
“Why do you continue to persist? Why? Why do you do that?” He frowned, not quite understanding Idrial’s motives. Bah, what was there to understand? Iveri shrugged. “No matter. Do you want to end this honourably?” As he asked, finally turning around to face Idrial. “Do you wish to duel?” The man doubted that she even knew how to duel. At least, properly. It seemed these days no one knew how to duel anymore and it was mot disheartening. But if one wanted a proper duel, they would probably have to go France or Spain. Yes, they know to do it. They have honour.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2007, 11:46:51 AM »
"Why do you continue to persist? Why? Why do you do that?”

Idrial could see that he was flustered by her actions, why did she persist on this matter. Why could she not let this go, it was just not like her and it scared her a little. Maybe it was because the full moon was going to be here next week. He then spoke again.  

“No matter. Do you want to end this honorably? Do you wish to duel?”  

Idrial knew she had to stop here but something inside her wouldn\'t let her. She smiled slyly at Iveri placing one hand on her dagger that was buckled at her hips. She spoke in a plain tone flicking her eyes towards him.

"What did you have in mind?"

w0rmy

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2007, 08:07:02 AM »
Iveri frowned and sighed. He sighed a lot these days. Did the girl even know how to duel, he didn’t know. He doubted that she knew the art.

“What do you think I have in mind? I obviously mean swords.” The vampire sneered. He hated it when people asked dumb questions. Thought, the question Idrial asked wasn’t necessarily stupid. Iveri’s hand grasped the hilt of his rapier, Geschwind. The sword had never failed him and it never will. It had been beautifully crafted. It was perfect. There was nothing wrong about the blade, no little dents, nothing. “However, you do not seem to have a sword. I see a dagger but nothing else… that is fine. Use whatever you want but it will do you no good.”

Iveri was not worried. What was there to be worried about? She was just some stupid girl and what was he? A Master and a vampire!