Author Topic: Squire in Training  (Read 11288 times)

DoTheLimbo

Re: Squire in Training
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 10:24:24 AM »
The blush spread over Galen’s whole face at the combination of Dee’s hand on his chest and the question. Giving a nervous laugh, Galen’s eyes flickered over Dee’s body and then his face. Telling by Dee’s expression the boy was very serious. It wasn’t just another part of young humor.

He took a deep breath. Galen thought about the question for a moment. Did he like men? In the tone of voice that Dee had worded it, Galen felt a little awkward. Yet it wasn’t the first time he had been asked such a question. And if he was under the influence of wine Galen would have answered with a rather provocative action. However, he was completely sober and instead of weighing whether his answer would be truthful he tried to figure out what Dee would do depending on his answer.

“I’m married.” Galen responded. It was very much true, he did have a wife. A wife given to him by his father at a younger age. Through his work, he hardly ever spoke to her however. They didn’t sleep in the same quarters since Galen had odd hours of work. In fact at times he forgot he even had a wife. But at this time using his martial status would seem like a good way to give a vague answer.

He tried to change the subject quickly, “You have pretty eyes as well. They are very unique.” Galen responded, keeping his gaze on the other’s eyes.

w0rmy

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 10:35:33 AM »
Married? Dee frowned slightly however still wasn’t swayed. In the past, he had done some things with… married men. Just because a man is married, it did not mean he just only fancied women.

“Thank you, Doctor Galen. There are only a few who say my eyes are ‘pretty’…oh and…married, eh?” Dee hand still continued to rest on Galen’s chest; in fact, the boy even gave it a little squeeze. “I saw the way you were looking at me before. In fact, you just did it then! No heterosexual man would look over my body like that… or even, have a second glance!”

Dee was so sure that Galen was interested in men despite being married and so the boy wasn’t going to give up. “Come on, Doctor Galen…” He gave the chest yet another reassuring squeeze.

DoTheLimbo

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 10:44:34 AM »
Galen cleared his throat softly. He glanced down at the hand on his chest. The squeeze caused a shiver to go through his body. It had been a rather long time since anyone had touched him that way that was not about to die from blood loss.

The nervous chuckle returned as Dee went on to explain. Galen shook his head slightly, “I wasn’t… no. I mean, I always look…” His weak words merely faded out as Dee gave another squeeze. Galen glanced down Dee’s body again. He couldn’t help it since Dee was talking about it. He cursed himself internally the second his gaze betrayed them.

Closing his eyes so that he wouldn’t get himself in anymore trouble, he took a calming breath. Bringing his hand away from Dee’s shoulder, he placed it on the boy’s wrist instead. He opened his eyes, firmly meeting the other’s gaze, “Dee. You are a very clever, confident boy. But, I do not get involved in those types of relationships, man or woman.” His tone of voice was soft and kind, not wanting to hurt the boy’s feelings. Yet it was true, Galen didn’t partake in close relationships. It was extremely difficult for him due to his line of work. Many years of surgeries and cutting bodies open had weakened any sort of desire he once had.

w0rmy

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 10:56:43 AM »
Now Dee couldn’t help but chuckle himself. The way Galen stammered, it was quite amusing. The boy wasn’t going to give up, no matter what the answer may be. It has been too long since the last… well, ‘fling’. The last one was with the stable boy (yes, he usually doesn’t associate himself with such people but the boy was very good looking! A shame really, he would have made a wonderful noble…) and that fling lasted for two weeks! It surprisingly enough, it wasn’t Dee who ended the relationship. Anyway…

Dee frowned. The answer that Galen supplied was completely unexpected. There were not many who denied the boy! Oh no, Dee wasn’t going to give up and so he cooked up another plan.

“Oh really? That does disappoint me so much…” Dee pouted ever so slightly. “Why won’t you give me one little kiss? A kiss doesn’t mean anything, really. Just one little kiss, hmm?”

DoTheLimbo

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 11:05:43 AM »
Galen watched Dee’s expression change. He hoped he had not hurt the boy’s feelings. Yet Galen couldn’t get involved just to be polite and make Dee feel comfortable. Especially since Galen just met the boy.

As the boy rebounded quickly, Galen’s blush began to fade a bit. He shook his head. This boy was relentless. He took his hand away from the other’s wrist and place his hands on the other’s shoulders.

“Do you do this to everyone you meet?” He asked lightly. The doctor gave a small squeeze to Dee’s shoulders before taking a step back. “I’m afraid I don’t kiss in stables with boys I have only met in the last hour. Perhaps if we met in a different situation.” He hoped that such an explanation would make Dee happy and he wouldn’t have to make another excuse.

w0rmy

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 11:18:28 AM »
Since meeting the Doctor, Dee felt a bit offended? Everyone he meets? Oh no! That’s not true at all! It is the only the most good looking and those with high blood(normally). But… then again, the boy didn’t know a thing about ‘love’. He thought it could only be expressed through sexual actions like touching and kissing for example.

“No, I do not, Doctor Galen.” Dee released his grip from Galen’s chest and once again let it hang limply by his side. He had to think of another course of action! But what? This one was hard to reel in, it kept on fighting and fighting. “I wouldn’t want to kiss a man who is morbidly obese and hairy. Who would? A blind person perhaps.” The boy shrugged but still continued to look at the opposing grey eyes. What should he do?

“Oh I see. So, if we met in oh, let’s say a tavern, would it be a different story? Or what if we were somewhere else?”  Dee did not want to give up, he never gave up!

DoTheLimbo

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2007, 11:30:31 AM »
Galen gave a sincere laugh at Dee’s defense. This boy was just another young noble with their standards of beauty and lust. He clicked his tongue to show his minor dismay at the response Dee gave.

He let go of the boy’s shoulders when the other shrugged. The man crossed his arms. The renegade curl from before escaped from behind his ear and bounced in front of his face. He left it there for the time being. Galen sighed, “You won’t give up, will you?” He murmured, more to himself than to Dee.

“Perhaps it would, but you are much to young to spend time in the tavern and I’m afraid I don’t spend much of my time there.” Galen paused. “But… maybe somewhere more indoors that didn’t smell of horses and straw.” He glanced at the stall where just the night before a boy had died. Oh, what life brings.

w0rmy

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2007, 11:42:40 AM »
“No, I won’t.” He smiled, taking another step forward and this time being very bold. Dee saw that one of the Doctor’s curls had bounced out and had noticed previously that it annoyed Galen. Without thinking it might be rude to invade Galen’s private space, Dee reached up and placed the hair behind his ear. Surprisingly, he didn’t do anything else except stand and cross his arms.

Dee laughed a little when the Doctor had said he was too young to spend time in taverns. The boy had indeed spent his time a lot of his free time in taverns! But it was either with his knight or fellow squires.

“Oh? Where would this ‘place’ then?” Dee asked, his odd eyes twinkling. The red head had forgotten how many people detested the smell of horses and straw.

DoTheLimbo

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2007, 11:53:12 AM »
Galen paused for a moment before shaking his head. He was actually considering this. When Dee walked forward and tucked the curl back, Galen gave a polite smile. He almost thanked Dee but decided that wouldn’t be smart at the moment because the boy might take it as an opening.

He wondered for a moment why Dee laughed. Galen then listened to the boy’s answer. The doctor shrugged, “Well,” He paused. The doctor was about to say his house but he immediately stopped himself. That would be completely out of line. He searched his brain to think about a neutral place that would satisfy the boy but couldn’t find one.

Instead he switched his answer, “There is no place.” He had to make clear boundaries with the boy, “But maybe when you’re older and if we meet elsewhere, we’ll have this discussion again.” Galen turned and began to walk away. He didn’t want to look back at Dee and it was very hard for him not to. The doctor spoke up again, “But for now, I have to go find that spike for my research.” He stopped walking again and looked back at Dee, “Thanks for your help, Dee.”

w0rmy

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2007, 12:14:35 PM »
What? What was this? Dee couldn’t believe his ears when he heard the dreaded words ‘there is no place’. What? He still had trouble believing those words and no doubt it probably showed on his fifteen year old face. He couldn’t believe it. Usually, Dee’s charm worked on about everything, well, that is what he liked to believe. He still had to get used to fact not everyone took to his charm.

Dee was about to answer but then to his displeasure, Galen began to walk away! He didn’t even look at him! The youth felt offended but then took a deep breath. It was nothing to get angry about and maybe, the Doctor was just playing hard to get and perhaps, there might be a chance in the future. Who knows?

“It’s your own loss, Doctor Galen.”

DoTheLimbo

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2007, 12:21:37 PM »
Galen could tell when he was walking away Dee was in shock. He had expected the boy to respond with a witty reply, but none came. Not until he had stopped and turned around. He paused for a moment, his gaze sliding down Dee in a different way than before. Now that Dee had entered the suggestion of sexuality into their relation then he took a moment to truly consider it. After all, no one was there to judge him for the moment.

He sighed at the rather childish answer that Dee said. “Yes, I suppose it is a loss isn’t it?” The doctor replied before waving. He continued walking.

When he reached the entrance, he stopped again. Placing a hand on the beam of the stables, he glanced over his shoulder once more. He took a deep breath before speaking up rather loudly, “I’ll be at Talon’s temple this evening. If you really want to… talk to me more, that’s where I’ll be.” The instant he had said it, he regretted it. Closing his eyes, he let out another sigh before starting his way towards the pathway again. He would ask for the spike at a later date.