Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: A Little Mischief and More... Part 1  (Read 31663 times)

Damion_Dark

A Little Mischief and More... Part 1
« on: October 15, 2007, 12:57:18 AM »
The corridors are always empty when class is in session. Prefect for someone that needs to get away from the, ‘stressful work environment and boring teachers’. Well that’s Jaq’s excuse if he gets caught again for ditching. Yawning and walking onwards, his current appearance is bed hair and a ruffled goatee and a tired looking face. He is wearing his Rank 5 robe with no sash. Its not that he doesn’t have a sash, he just forgot somewhere in his room. He thinks. Walking through the corridors the student yawns and sighs once more, quite bored with school and what is has. He stops in her tracks and decides to do something today, something more. He grins and to himself he repeats an age old motto, “If life is boring and not looking any better, make it interesting at all cost.” The last few words he added in. Normally repeating this motto leads to some, Odd things in the Academy. Like when snails the size of small dogs populated the students dorm, or when the kitchen door was wielded shut. But today was going to be different, thought Jaq. He was going to do something ‘Bigger’, large than life in a sense. His only concerns are those that are quite nosey or curious or are teachers’ pets. He wouldn’t want anyone interrupting his great work of art. From the size and power this wont be a one day project, it could go on for a month or more, it won’t be easy either. But the optimistic trouble-maker sees this as something fun to do. Silently cheering he walks faster without hesitation.

(Hello everyone on Halflight, it is I Damion. I am starting my first RP here and I hope many would like to join and help make this work. If you are not sure what to do in this you could, A) Help Jaq with his ‘project’ B) Try stopping it before it can be done or C) Watch what will happen. Also if you have any tips on how to improve my writing/typing skills please let me know. I would appreciate it. ^_^    -Damion)

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
Re: A Little Mischief and More... Part 1
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 09:58:34 AM »
Idrial had just come in form the training grounds and she had to admit they were had gotten a lot tougher since she left almost 2 years ago. Their were no students in the hallways as they were to attend classes, some did skip and had lame excuses as to why they were skipping. Idrial tried not to get involved in that kind of thing, if they wanted to skip classes and stay in the same rank for another year or two it was up to them.

She silently made her way back to her room only to hear footsteps approaching her way, for a moment they stopped and she heard a voice. It sounded to be a male voice. She listened intently seeing if she could identify it.

“If life is boring and not looking any better, make it interesting at all cost.”

Idrial did not know who the voice belonged to and it puzzled her a little although she did admit she kept mostly to herself so maybe that was why she could not identify it or it could be a new student that she had never met. No sooner had she stopped talking the footsteps increased and they were coming her way. She wrapped her cloak that she was wearing around her body and shoved herself close to the wall and spoke very softly hardly moving her lips at all.

"Kinise an Invisa."

She became invisible to the naked eye which she could stay like this for a long time if she didn\'t move, if she moved she could still be invisible but for a shorter period of time. She slowed down her breathing just in time and a man walked towards her. It was a male wearing Level 5 robes though his sash was missing. She had seen him before and he was part of the Veneficus house. He was suppose to be good with any sort of fire magick, he walked right past her with a grin on his face. He was up to something and Idrial decided to follow staying invisible of course and surprise the lad when he stopped to his destination. She walked slowly and silently on the stone floor, she was glad for times like these she was part of the Confuto House. She smiled at that thought and continued to follow the boy that so unaware of her presence.

Damion_Dark

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 07:24:26 AM »
Looking around to make sure he wasn\'t followed, Jaq would walk circles and into dead ends. He couldn\'t see anyone, not like he had a feeling that someone was following him. He did it just because. With th thought of a follower behind him he continues down the Corridor and starts a ramble of a list of things to do. Muttering rather faster as his thoughts pile, uncertain where to start. "Maybe the infirmary first, there I can get the vile of...." His words trail off and he looks behind him, he sniffs alittle confused. The house of Veneficus was always full of magick type auras, and being around it alot, Jaq could smell a hint of magick nearby. "Odd...." He turns forwards and heads towards the infirmary. Still unaware of any followers

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 09:28:07 AM »
Idrial stayed well behind the lad she was following, he seemed a little like he knew that someone was following. Being form a house that was experts in magic he probably could sense some magick being used. She tried to keep the magic on a low so as to not to alert him although that might seem to be impossible. He spoke rather loudly which Idrial thought as odd.

"Maybe the infirmary first, there I can get the vile of...."

He looked behind him and although he could not see her he could defiantly sense the magick she was using no matter how little she was using. He sniffed the air with a confused look on his face; Idrial smiled a bit at this but was cautious to make not a sound.

"Odd...."

He kept walking and she synchronized her steps with his, she was a patient woman and even though if he were to lead her though the halls to dead ends and such she could wait him out. She followed looking forward to see what he was up too. She silently thought to herself that made her smile once more.

“This is going to be eaiser than I thought …”

Damion_Dark

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 11:42:47 AM »
Heading down the the infirmary Jaq was getting a vile or something. "Think think think... they won\'t hand it over..." he mutters, It must be a habit of his to talk so loud. Or he likes to hear himself talk, either one is believable. "They know me, that is the tricky part." sighing and leaning against a wall. He looks like he might be pondering something, a clever plan, a sneaky way in. Who knows. Finally he mutters. "Simple and funny. They have to fall for it... I hope." He sighs and continues once again.

Down through many corridors was the Infirmary, do to many \'incidents\' Jaq has become a locate here. He pulls the door open and it remains open for about several seconds before closing. At the Desk was Nurse Gene, Jaq favorite Male Nurse. "Eve\'n Gene." Jaq smiles mischiefly. The nurse was an old man, you could see signs of winkling upon his face and grey hair. "Aren\'t you suppose to be in classss?" The old man didn\'t even look at Jaq. "How could I go on with class when I have such a bad heart burn." Now, Maybe it was to show of, or maybe it was really his attempt to get by. But Jaq increases the heat within his stomach, boiling the stomach acid and causes steam to blow out from his lips. Gene sighs. "Last room on the right the Doc will see your shorty. Show off." THe old man smile and waves the young hero through.

Walking down the hall to the last room, he makes a turn left into the Medicine storage. Quickly there he fiddles around looking for this Vile of something. "Come on where are you..." grumbles. Sometime later and about 100 viles of the wrong thing. Jaq has finally found it. "Vile of  Lakce. Used in many potions to..." He looks around again, thinking he smells that magick again. Or it could be the potions

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 12:11:48 PM »
Idrial followed the boy as he walked to towards the Infirmary; he was talking to himself which Idrial thought rather odd. He suddenly leaned against the wall and Idrial stopped in mid step and gently placed her foot down. He was still speaking to himself still and he sighed a little while later still continuing down the hall. After through the many twists and turns they came to the infirmary and he opened the door, knowing tha it close in a couple of seconds she squeezed past with lightening speed and made her way to the other side of the room. She listened to the conversation between the nurse and the boy.

"Eve\'n Gene."

"Aren\'t you suppose to be in classes?"

"How could I go on with class when I have such a bad heart burn."

She could see steam coming out form his mouth; obviously he was good with Fire magick. The old man smiled as her waved the boy through; she could not believe they fell for such a trick.  

"Last room on the right the Doc will see your shorty. Show off."

He walked through and Idrial followed keeping her distance, he went top the last room but then mad a sharp turn into the medicine storage. She wondered what could be so important that he had to steal rather than asking for it. Forgetting to shut the door as he rummaged through the cabinet she watched through the doorway.

"Come on where are you... Vile of Lakce. Used in many potions to..."

He stopped speaking and Idrial knew that he probably senesced her magick again, she backed off a little as not to alert him. No longer in the doorway or able to see him but still hear him she was now in a safe distance. She waited to see what Vile of Lakce is used for and what he planning to do with it.

Damion_Dark

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 04:05:48 PM »
After a few moment of sniffing the air, he shakes his head. "I must be going crazy..." he then chuckles. "Of course Jaq." fiddling with the vile he places it into his pocket and walks out the doorway. Knowing the Infirmary like that back of his hand, he took another route out. Passing through this door he ends up back in the corridor. Humming cheerfully Jaq walks with no hurry and holds up the vile. "Lakce, used in many sleeping aids. Sides effects very from drozey, delusion, stomach cramps, or mind regression." He smiles. "Side effects for most medicines are low, But the Lakce is a special one. side effects are... 100%." Jaq fiddles the vile between his fingers. "Now for that other one." He ponders. "Sure there might be some in the east tower... But its locked to students." Sighing loudly he leans against a wall and wonders.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 10:35:05 AM »
"I must be going crazy... Of course Jaq."

Jaq that was his name, it sounded familar to her yet it meant nothing. He placed the vile within his pocket and Idrial pressed herself up against the wall as he walked out of the door. She followed him while he hummed away walking in no sort of hurry. Idrial kept back form him while she was walking so that she could not be so easily detected. As he exited the Infirmy through another door he held up the vile and smiled as he did so talking in a little boy sort of tone.

Lakce, used in many sleeping aids. Sides effects very from drozey, delusion, stomach cramps, or mind regression... Side effects for most medicines are low, But the Lakce is a special one. side effects are... 100%... Now for that other one, Sure there might be some in the east tower... But its locked to students."

He stopped suddenly and leaned against the wall deep within thought, Idrial wondered in she should now approuch him and take the vile or should she wait this out a little longer. She decided to wait this out for a little longer, after all he must have a place were he was going to use this Vile. She decided tha would be the place where she would make herself visible. Surprising the lad.

Damion_Dark

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 02:13:42 PM »
Giggling could be heard down the hallway. Two female students around 18 came around the corner in a simple chit-chat. Jaq turns to see these two girls and panics. He then quickly hides behind a pillar that was nearby and waits for the girls to pass by. His heart races as he glances at the two. They were a beautiful bunch. One long silky black hair, the other a hot auburn hair down to her shoulders. Both of them from the house of Veneficus, and both of them doesn\'t know he exists. Passing around the next corner they vanish from sight. Jaq lets out a depressing sigh and then sits on the follow with his head resting at the pillar. "Lonely life huh. Yea it is..." He takes the vile of Lakce in his hands and deeply stares into its sea-green liquid. growling in sudden anger he throws the vile against a pillar across the way breaking it into bits and pieces. "It was a stupid idea anyways..." He stands and walks down the corridor once more. He had the expression that he would shoot steam out of his ears. His footsteps echo in the empty corridors, maybe thats all his life will be like. Emptiness.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 07:36:40 AM »
Idrial had heard the giggling before Jaq had, she was more attuned of her surrounding than most people. When he had heard then she could see the panic within his body and along with the clumsy footing that he had used to get behind a pillar. Idrial squished herself up against the wall having no pillar to hide behind. She watched his expression as the two girls floated by; they were beautiful she had to admit that much to herself. They only thing was these girls were much more interested in their looks rather than their studies. Besides looks would only get you so far in life.

The girls walked past her deep within conversation, a moment later they vanished around the corner and out of sight. She moved closer to Jaq seeing that he was now too depressed to notice the magic that she had used to conceal herself.

He let out a sigh as he sat down along the pillar with his head resting against it, she could see that the boy was now troubled and it was confirmed when he spoke with sadness in his voice.

"Lonely life huh. Yea it is..."  

He stared into the vile and with a fit of rage her threw it against the opposite pillar where Idrial was standing and only moved in the nick of time not to get splashed with the green substance. It now stained the wall and oozed down it.

"It was a stupid idea anyways..."

He got up and started to walk away from the scene, now Idrial was the time to expose herself to him. She got ahead of him swiftly and waited till he just passed her. She grabbed the back of his robe with her strong hand and shoved him against the with her arm coming around for where she had grabbed him, her forearm pressing against his neck with a knife in her hand just in case he tried to do anything stupid. She spoke but still invisible to his eye.

"Now who is going to clean that mess up ...Hmmm?"

She then became visible towering over him since she was over six feet tall. She smiled in a sly sort of way but it vanished just as quickly and she looked deeply into his eyes.

"Now I am going to tell you now you try anything stupid and this blade will stuck in a very painful place ... Now what were you up too Jaq?"  

Damion_Dark

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 04:30:42 PM »
Jaq walks along the way, then suddenly he was in a head lock from some invisible woman. "Ack!" he says as a strong around wraps around his neck and a knife is pressed into his skin.

"Now who is going to clean that mess up ...Hmmm?"

With this assassin so close he could smell the Magick used to keep her hidden. He wasn\'t going crazy was the only good thought he had.

"Now I am going to tell you now you try anything stupid and this blade will stuck in a very painful place ... Now what were you up too Jaq?"

He growls alittle, not liking this situation. "What\'s it to you, and is it also you that followed me from the start? I am surprised you were able to use such art without me detecting it. Never the less, someone so pretty eye\'d should not use violences to get a man they\'d stalk for the day. A simple question of what place to eat at would have done just as well for me." He smiles as he doesn\'t fear this mystery girl. Maybe he was crazy, she was taller than him.

"May I ask for a name?" he says softly.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2007, 02:46:14 PM »
Idrial held her knife against his throat so that it made an indent against his skin though no hard enough to cut into it, she could see on his face that hew was angry and surprised at the same time. She kept her face neutral showing no emotion. He growled deeply within his throat before speaking to her in a sort of cocky way.

"What\'s it to you, and is it also you that followed me from the start? I am surprised you were able to use such art without me detecting it. Never the less, someone so pretty eye\'d should not use violence’s to get a man they\'d stalk for the day. A simple question of what place to eat at would have done just as well for me."

Idrial let the corners of her mouth twitch a little but it was not in a good way. She gave a low laugh smiling as she did so, if this had known her he wouldn\'t have been so cocky in the first place. She had a reputation of being rougher than most High Apprentices. She pressed the knife a little harder into his throat and spoke in a low and dangerous tone.

"You’re a cocky lil bastard aren\'t you? Yes I did follow you from the start because I know any students wandering the halls are up to no good. As for the magick it takes years of practice to control the frequency of magick being used whether it is high, low, or medium. I choose low harder to defect and much harder to control... And don\'t try to butter me up by calling me pretty eyed I have little patience for polite niceties and even less for lies."

She could tell that he was not afraid of her which she thought was a mistake on his part. He was smiling and if she was a Master she would have wiped that smirk off his face so fast he would smacked into next week. He spoke softly.

"May I ask for a name?"

Idrial released some of the pressure off his neck with her knife but still held it their to a degree just in case he wanted to try something stupid. She spoke in a very plain tone showing no emotion within her voice.

"My name is Idrial High Apprentice of the House Confuto ... Now I am not going to ask you again what were you to Jaq?"

Damion_Dark

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2007, 03:09:31 PM »
He groans alittle as the knife presses harder against his neck. It seems he couldn\'t get her to be some what nicer. He tried not to move at all, for a concern that this female would mistake his action and cut open his throat.

"You’re a cocky lil bastard aren\'t you? Yes I did follow you from the start because I know any students wandering the halls are up to no good. As for the magick it takes years of practice to control the frequency of magick being used whether it is high, low, or medium. I choose low harder to defect and much harder to control... And don\'t try to butter me up by calling me pretty eyed I have little patience for polite niceties and even less for lies."

"My name is Idrial High Apprentice of the House Confuto ... Now I am not going to ask you again what were you to Jaq?"

Jaq nods slowly taking in the name. "Cocky I may be." He starts. "House of Confuto, why do you bully us magick users? And why do you think just because I was walking the halls during class I was up to no good. But since you trailed me you found that out for yourself. But Idrial is a nice name. A High Apprentice too, its a honor oh great cloaker." he adds sarcasm at the end to make it just right. "I can not tell you what it is I am doing, for it will not happen, not anymore at least. That was the last vile of Lakce at this school." He sighs. "Please let me go, we could talk. The weather is nice for a walk... Maybe." He tries his best not to look afraid, and it was damn hard with a knife and a dangerously tone voice in his face. "12 minutes...." he whispers

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 12:38:06 PM »
"Cocky I may be. House of Confuto, why do you bully us magick users? And why do you think just because I was walking the halls during class I was up to no good. But since you trailed me you found that out for yourself. But Idrial is a nice name. A High Apprentice too, it’s a honor oh great cloaker."

She could hear the sarcasm in his voice as the last sentence rolled off his tongue. She wasn\'t sure whether to press the knife harder into his neck for being cocky or rather knee him in the family jewels. She did nether and kept the knife were it was neither hindering the pressure nor increasing it.

"I can not tell you what it is I am doing, for it will not happen, not anymore at least. That was the last vile of Lakce at this school. Please let me go, we could talk. The weather is nice for a walk... Maybe.... 12 minutes...."

She sort of smiled, she could tell he was afraid even though it was hard to see and she could tell that he was telling the truth and so Idrial backed off with the knife carefully sheathing it back into her belt slowly just in case she had to pull it back out if the boy wanted to act foolishly. She spoke in a friendlier tone towards him.

"Trust me Jaq what I just did was not bullying it was more along the lines of rough Interrogation. Walk with me I won’t bite ... What do you mean by 12 minutes? "

She started to walk slowly down the hall way slowly.

Damion_Dark

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 01:27:12 PM »
He rubs the spot where the knife has pressed as soon as he was released. "Biting is the least of my worry." he mutters and looks over to the green goo that was once the vile of Lakce. "It takes 12 minutes for the fumes of the Lakce to take hold of a victim that happens to be within 20 yards." He smiles and turns to the female. "Its been about 9 minutes, give or take. But I wouldn\'t worry. I could carry you to the Infirmary if you pass out." He thought of something real fast and then chuckles. "You know what, maybe I should just tell you. You might learn something these words." he steps closer in the direction she was heading