Author Topic: Corruption of a Princely State  (Read 11892 times)

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption of a Princely State
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 01:45:26 AM »
Phinn gave the obligatory frown and look of confusion, allowing the right amount of time for him to have recounted his own words mentally before a look of surprise was shown and quickly wiped away, in favour of a mask painted with concern, highlighted with regret.  Now it was he who was looking sheepish.

"Oh," he said quietly, his gaze sliding sideways to watch as he toyed with the hair brushing Hew\'s nape, his grubby fingers looking inappropriate on such lovely smooth flesh.  "That," he breathed, offering a humble shrug with his uppermost shoulder.  "A while.  Long enough that I expected you\'d grow bored with me and the naughtiness of sneaking out to visit my little shithole quite some time ago."

He licked his lips and then slowly lifted his focus once more, looking up at Hew through hopeful, glittering blue eyes just visible through his deliberately lowered lashes.  "But you didn\'t.  It\'s been... a challenge, trying to impress you enough that you wouldn\'t stop seeing me.  I\'ve been half afraid that as soon as we did this, you\'d abandon me - that\'s why I wanted to know that you were happy.  So you... wouldn\'t end it now," he admitted, frowning as if he was cranky at himself for both confessing these things as well as potentially ruining their relationship, his voice little more than a fearful whisper.

The stunning part of it was that he really didn\'t want Hew to stop seeing him, so the acting was, ostensibly, genuine.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 06:48:46 AM »
Somehow, he felt less important being told that he was known as the prince.  Phinn had said he\'d wanted to impress him because of it.  Once again his title interfered with how people perceived him.  He would never escape it, he saw now.  He\'d been stupid to think that a man as clever as Phinn wouldn\'t recognise him for what he was.  So here he was, laying in bed with someone who\'d done his best for him because he was the prince, not because he was simply... liked.

"You don\'t have to go out of your way for me," he said, unable to let his disappointment shroud him now.  After all, looking at Phinn and seeing that charming expression on his face, understanding that in spite of how Phinn might have viewed him (and some of those words had his heart soaring, regardless of the whole \'prince\' thing), he was in love.  He loved Phinn still, there was nothing that could wipe that away, even being discovered as a liar - and it seemed Phinn wasn\'t bothered with such.  "I\'m pleased well enough with all we\'ve done.  I\'m not out to use anyone, I...
love
...care for you."  Hew placed his hands on Phinn\'s face and stared at him, seeing the hope in them and feeling his heart warm and swell because of it.  "Kiss me," he requested breathlessly.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 11:19:12 PM »
Phinn laughed, a gentle, throaty chuckle that caused his lips to vibrate pleasantly as he pressed them against Hew\'s.  He kissed him lovingly, with a probing tongue, but it didn\'t last long for he was compelled to explain his amusement.  He pulled back, taking a breath and releasing it with a satisfied sigh as his hands slid down from Hew\'s shoulders to wrap tightly about his waist.

"I can\'t say I ever put meself out for ye\', Hew-lad," he admitted with twinkling eyes, giving him a squeeze.  "Considerin\' t\'was you who \'ad to do all the sneakin\' about n\'all I had to do was stay here and wait for ye\' beauty to breeze through that door."  With a nod at the entryway in question, he then wriggled against his lover, so that he could place kisses upon his throat, moving upward toward his ear, where he had a special message to whisper.  "I care for you, too.  I wouldn\'t mind if you did use me, so long as I got to keep seein\' ye."

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 06:09:07 AM »
Instead of protesting and insisting he wouldn\'t use Phinn, Hew kept his silence and gazed up at the ceiling with a growing smile, hugging Phinn close.  He understood the comment for what it was, that he wasn\'t just another token conquest to Phinn, that he was more, and hopefully being the prince only meant that Phinn appreciated his risk-taking more.  It certainly sounded like he knew why Hew had to keep this a secret and why he wasn\'t taking offense.  Phinn could do no wrong in Hew\'s mind, he would justify it all - and the older man was making it very easy for him.

"You\'ll keep seeing me," Hew promised, planting a kiss on Phinn\'s neck.  "Every night that I can\'t be here with you pains me," he gushed, thinking of the ache of longing in his chest whenever it was necessary he use his own bed, which seemed so big and empty.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 06:17:33 PM »
Phinneus was smart enough to understand that offering to come to the palace to be snuck into the prince\'s quarters now would be a bad idea... but he wanted to.  Still, it didn\'t pay to exhibit all the patience he had over the past weeks in order to seduce the boy, only to start rushing things once some actual momentum had been built up.

"Mmm, me too," he agreed, rolling onto his back and dragging Hew with him.  When faced with a delectable-looking collarbone, he lathered the dip beyond with attention, flicking a playful tongue before nipping the top of his trapezius muscle hard enough to leave only vague teethmarks - it made him giggle when he looked at it.  "Now that I\'ve tasted you," he said pointedly, looking up into Hew\'s eyes with a sly grin, "it\'s painful being alone."

He wanted to tell the boy that he was always alone whenever he wasn\'t there, but it wouldn\'t strictly be true, for he\'d been left quite frustrated at the start of their relationship and had accepted a couple of offers that he normally wouldn\'t.  Even though that was a while ago, he knew it was best to just let Hew know that he was usually alone, without overdoing the \'missing him\' side of things.

Truthfully though, the slumlord wasn\'t the sentimental type, so it wouldn\'t come off as genuine, no matter how good his acting was; he\'d do better explaining that he\'d generally abstained from sexual interactions until Hew came along, whereupon he\'d been inspired to indulge rather than simply teasing and toying as he mostly did but... even that would be too much.  In the end, he settled for silence.  And kisses.