Author Topic: Where Is My Mind?  (Read 13399 times)

w0rmy

Re: Where Is My Mind?
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2007, 11:48:34 PM »
Dubhdara gave Galen a long stern glare. He didn’t really care what his son got up to or rather, who with but the man didn’t like being lied to. Oh God, Dubhdara was such a filthy hypocrite! He hated being lying to but yet lied to others? The man knew how to manipulate people, seduce them to they are nothing but empty husks. Their humanity scraped away like left over’s.

Dubhdara ran both hands along his scalp and tightened his pony tail. He detested it being so loose… once that had been fixed, Dubhdara’s stare had softened. “I apologise. Sometimes I forget I am not working… I can’t get that system out of my head. It just stays here.” Dubhdara found his blouse and doublet and slipped it on. The man took his time to button it up because further conversations were desired.

“So, I apologise again, Doctor Galen.” Dubhdara offered a sincere smile and sat on the bed to put on his boots. “I don’t think you would forget my son. He has odd coloured eyes… one hazel. One amber. Probably the only good thing about the boy. He might bring me honour with becoming a knight but I doubt it.” The lord added nastily as he clicked the last buckle. Dubhdara stretched once more, his ass still hurt like fuck but wasn’t about to admit that. Wasn’t going to tell that to anyone.

DoTheLimbo

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2007, 11:20:16 AM »
Galen nodded, taking a rather long time to chew one grape. He kept his gaze away from Dubhdara afraid that if he looked at the other then he might give something away. Shifting on the bed, he nodded as he listened to the lord’s apology. “Really, that’s okay. I understand. I have a very hard time myself getting out of my professional mode.” It was true, that without the aid of wine Galen had troubles switching his mood from professional to social or anything like that. The time with Dee about a week ago had been so different and so unique. Galen wondered if switching his system to social would be a whole lot easier now.

Galen stood up finally, walking over to his vanity. He stared in the mirror at his messy hair. The feminine up-do had fallen apart through the act of drunken sex and sleep. His curls were everywhere and frizzy from the products his daughter had put in the curls the night before. He sighed, rubbing off the pink gloss from his lips with his fingers. Galen’s body ached and his head was still in pain. He looked over to Dubhdara.

The doctor could pretty much figure how much pain the other man was in. He brought his attention back to his vanity and opened one of the drawers. Pulling out a velvet bag, he opened another drawer. Galen threw a medium sized vial of a purplish lotion in the bag. He walked over to the lord hoping that he wouldn’t start talking about their sons again. Listening to Dubhdara talk about his son, Galen was having a difficult time not speaking up in defense for Dee.

He grabbed Dubhdara’s hand to stop the other from talking and placed the velvet bag in the lord’s palm. “This is for you. Rub it where it hurts every night and morning. Also make sure you have a treacle with every meal. It should quicken the healing process.” Galen smiled softly. As much as he was disturbed about the shocking fact that this man was Dee’s father, it didn’t change that Galen now cared for the man. Even if it was a drunken mistake as one would call it, Galen felt oddly relaxed next to Dubhdara. It wouldn’t hit him until later what a terrible situation he had really put himself into.

w0rmy

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2007, 11:41:26 AM »
Dubhdara cupped his forehead and groaned a bit. It felt like someone was hammering his forehead and oh, an occasional loud buzzing in his ear. How much did he have to drink last night exactly? Dubhdara ran his palms over his face and muttered into his palms. He had a lot of work today and for once, didn’t want to do it. All that the man wanted to do was lie around and try to get over this tedious hangover. “So much work…”

Dubhdara sighed and folded his arms tightly, almost as if he was cold. His hazel eyes watched Galen search through a drawer and wondered vaguely what the doctor was looking for. Perhaps a hair brush? Dubhdara’s thoughts were soon answered upon seeing a velvet bag.

“Ah, thank you very much, Doctor Galen.” He looked inside the bag the back at Galen. Dubhdara smiled, “I should really go and I have a lot of work to tend to. I neglected a lot of work last night so I do need to catch up.” The red head yawned one more however continued to say rooted on the spot. “Doctor Galen. As an apology for my rash behaviour, would you like to attend dinner with me at my manor? Bring your son along as well. I’ll bring Dee. It’ll be a lovely little party just between the four of us.” Dubhdara cracked a wink and turned his back to make his way out. “And I don’t expect you to refuse either. I’ll send you a letter when I decide the day. Okay?”

And without waiting for an answer, Dubhdara strolled out the door. He knew(or rather assumed) that Galen wouldn’t refuse the invitation. What man would refuse such an invitation? Only a mad man.

DoTheLimbo

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2007, 01:36:48 PM »
Galen watched Dubhdara as he began to talk. He nodded in understanding about working. The doctor himself had many research papers to sort through and file. He smiled as Dubhdara apologized for his behavior. At the mention of dinner however, his eyes widened a little bit. He bit his lower lip trying to think of a way to decline. He couldn’t possibly imagine going to dinner at the same table with Dubhdara and Dee. Even if both of them didn’t know about the other, Galen didn’t think he could stand the awkwardness and guilt of the whole situation.

He was about to say that he just couldn’t make it, no matter what day it was before Dubhdara winked at him and began to walk away. Galen’s mouth opened and stayed that way, no words coming out. After a moment, he muttered, “Uh… okay.” He said as he watched the noble leave the room.

As soon as Dubhdara had left, Galen collapsed on his bed. What a night. What a predicament. His head throbbed with pain, his eyes were sore, his muscles ached, and his stomach churned. He felt the familiar rush of regret and guilt. However, he was the most guilty and ashamed that while he now knew Dubhdara was Dee’s father, he still felt that last night had been wonderful and he enjoyed it so. Perhaps because Dubhdara was closer to his own age, Galen didn’t feel the same kind of shame and regret that he had with Dee. After all, Dee was merely a boy while Dubhdara was a grown man and knew exactly what decisions he was making even if in a drunken stupor. Galen curled into a ball on his bed, covering his face with his hands. He sighed. Perhaps, he’d never see Dubhdara or Dee again. Maybe the lord would forget about the dinner and not invite him. Maybe all of this sudden activity in Galen’s life would disappear. Maybe it was all an illusion in the first place. As he thought this Galen drifted off into a shallow sleep, not wanting to be up to greet the day anymore.