Author Topic: Not While I\'m Around  (Read 14132 times)

w0rmy

Not While I\'m Around
« on: December 23, 2007, 11:55:08 AM »
The dinner party with Doctor Galen Boivin and his son, Blake was tonight. Dubhdara had been particularly excited about it! He had not hosted a dinner party in what felt like a very long time, which it was, in fact, the last time had he had a little party was a little over five years ago and that was only between some fellow lords. It was usually Dubhdara who went to parties, it was not he who hosted them. He found hosting tedious and oh Talon, how he detested amusing so many people! Dubhdara looked at himself in the mirror with wide grin. He looked quite the handsome fellow and who ever didn’t know him wouldn’t dare to think in reality he was a horrible and selfish man, oh no! They wouldn’t dream of it, they would probably assume he was a handsome, misunderstood gentle soul! Oh if Lord Dubhdara heard that, he would clutch his chest and die from laughter.

As Dubhdara continue to admire himself in the mirror, he failed to the notice the arrival of his son, Dee and the maid. The maid’s face looked frightened but it always looked like that, almost as if it had been stained upon her young face. “Lord Dubhdara.” The maid bowed, her feet shaking, “Your son, Dee is here.” And with that, she hurried out, obviously eager to get away from the terrible lord. “Hello, father.”  Dee greeted the elder stiffly, staring at Dubhdara’s reflection in the mirror. Dubhdara didn’t reply, let alone acknowledge Dee. The boy sighed but stayed rooted on the spot, he couldn’t believe that he actually agreed to this little dinner party but Dubhdara had demanded it. Dee now stared at the carpet on the ground, his odd eyes looking over the impressive swirly patterns. It looked foreign and probably originated from the Far East… nothing like that could be crafted in Oberon. Dee wondered why had gotten it, with him being all pro-Ireland and everything. “Dee!” A loud voice made the voice made nearly jump out of his voice. Dubhdara was glaring over his shoulder, “Do you know someone called Galen Boivin?”

Dee blinked a few times, “I might have heard of him.” He spoke slowly, carefully choosing his words. “I met him at the stables. We just talked and then he had to go.” Dee shrugged, making as if he didn’t really care about the topic. Dubhdara stared silently at his son, his brown eyes contorted with suspicion. “Okay.” Dubhdara turned and once again looked the mirror, adjusting his doublet. “Go down stairs, I will be with you shortly.” Dee nodded and walked out of his father’s bedroom. As the youth walked down the stairs, he wondered vaguely how tonight would end. No doubt it would be incredibly awkward but would his father have a fit of rage? Like usual?

~

The time for the Boivins to arrive was getting closer and Dubhdara was getting jittery. He couldn’t wait! Right now, both son and father were sitting in velvet chairs and even they were side by side, nothing was said. The only other sound that could be heard was the crackling of the fire and the occasional clatter of cutlery in the kitchen. Dee sighed and sat deeply into the chair, glancing around the extravagantly displayed room. Above the fire place was a painting of Dee’s grandfather. The man had red hair like Dubhdara but also a beard and brilliant green eyes. Dee wondered what his grandfather was like… they had never met him because the man had died from tuberculosis. Such a pity...

“Lord Dubhdara.” The maid walked into the room, “Your guests have arrived.” Dee stood up rather suddenly, his heart pounding. Even though he detested spending time with his father, he had been looking forward to see Blake again. Oh and Galen too. Even though he liked Blake quite a lot, there were still feelings for Galen… but the idea of having a relationship with the man seemed impossible. Yes, impossible.

“Well, lead them in, Beatrice!” Dubhdara said quite loudly, standing up himself. “Can’t have them standing in the cold now!”

DoTheLimbo

Re: Not While I\'m Around
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 12:42:21 PM »
Galen brushed his curls only for them to bounce back into place. He was attempting to make the frizz go away but the brush was only doing the exact opposite. Sighing, he stared at himself in the mirror. His gray eyes examined his wild hair. While he got many compliments over his life time about his hair, he disliked it so very much. The curls were mere reminders of his father’s long hair. At thought of his father, he felt a wave of guilt and shame. It had seemed over the past few weeks he had started to fall into the pattern of his father. While not as extreme, Galen couldn’t help but curse at himself for the actions. First, sleeping with a child and then right after getting drunk and sleeping with one of his wife’s friends. Many times, Galen had considered to cut it away but his wife wouldn’t hear of it. He set his hairbrush on the vanity and turned around. There was a light knock on the door. “Come in.” He answered. Ever since that incident with Dee, Galen had done his best to shut doors after him and made sure that all his servants knew to knock if it was something important.

The door squeaked open and a maid appeared. Uli had a huge grin on her face, her cheeks red with merriment. It was obvious that she had helped herself to some of the wine stock as she usually did. The skinny blonde swayed her hips as she stood there, “Hello, Duke Galen.” She hiccupped, “I mean Doctor Galen,” Uli winked making Galen frown a little bit at her behavior. She ignored the frown and opened the door all the way. Once the door was open, Blake walked in. The boy limped just a tad. Galen kept the frown on his expression. Uli poked Blake’s side, her hand getting slapped instantly, “Doctor Galen, this boy has been limping for the past four days or so. You think with a father as a doctor he’d get some attention.” She grabbed onto Blake’s hand. The boy glared at her, his cheeks red from the maid’s words. Uli leaned down and kissed the boy’s cheek. “Now, you boys have fun and be nice.” She looked at Galen and winked.

Blake stared at his father as Uli left, shutting the door behind her. Stupid drunk maid, he thought to himself. Blake walked over to the bed and sat on the edge, “So, the Pencawrs huh? And why exactly are we going to dinner with them?” He tilted his head, staring at his father. Galen turned away looking down at his brush, “Because, we were invited and they seem nice.”

Blake smirked, “Are they nice because you fucked both of them?” Galen turned around quickly, his eyes wide. He stared at his son as if the other had just demanded something outrageous. The doctor dropped his hairbrush on the vanity. He opened his mouth but only a weak, “How did you…” Blake crossed his arms, sniffing. It was obvious he was proud of what he knew. The boy played with one of the plush pillows on the bed. He tilted his head watching Galen. He wasn’t one to keep what he knew a secret. Blake was much too blunt for that. He shrugged, “I have my ways. Dumb maids have loose tongues and I thought you would have learned from the first Dubhdara that you should shut doors.”

Galen stared as if the life had been stripped of him. He stood up shocked, “Blake…” Blake shrugged once more, standing up as well. He walked over to his father, staring up at him with a smug expression. “You know father, from everything I’ve heard, you sure seem to be quite the spitting image of grandfather.”

Smack. The next action had happened so fast that in a split second, Blake had fallen to the ground and Galen was standing with the same shocked expression on his face. Blake put a hand on his stinging cheek. It had just gotten over the bruise, but apparently now there was going to be a new one. He quickly scrambled to his feet. The hit didn’t take away his smugness. Galen shook his head, turning away from Blake, “I.. don’t… why,” He stammered unsure of what to say. It wasn’t the fact that he had hit Blake that made him stammer but more that he was still in shock about Blake knowing about Dubhdara. Blake picked up Galen’s hairbrush. Playing with it in his fingers, he mentioned, “I’m not the only one who knows. Not only do the maids all giggle about it, but many other nobles. And you know,” He gave a sad little chuckle, “Mother responded the exact same way when I told her I knew.”

Galen ran his hand through his hair, still flustered. Blake set the hairbrush down. He turned, heading towards the door, “Well we better go, the carriage is waiting.” Galen opened his vanity drawer, pulling out a velvet bag. Even though he was stunned, he was still a doctor. He walked over to Blake and shoved it in his hands before leaving the room. Blake glanced at the familiar bag of ointment he was suppose to put on his cheek. He had already swiped some a few days ago to put in other spots however. Throwing the bag on the ground, he followed after his father.

~

Once they had arrived at the Pencawrs’, the tension in the carriage was unbearable. Blake and Galen refused to talk to each other the entire trip. As soon as they reached the manor, Blake followed after Galen. The boy was still limping a tad, but he was glad that his cheek hadn’t swollen. In fact the pain of his cheek was nothing compared to the pain he had endured in the past week. Shaking his head, he drew himself up and forced his legs to walk normal despite the pain in his muscles.

Galen hurried along. Butterflies were in his stomach and he just hoped that Blake would keep quiet about the whole mess. He also hoped that nothing would become a high situation. He was here to socialize and maybe get to know Dubhdara better. While he had been drunk the entire time he met Dubhdara, Galen thought that maybe if he became involved with the man it would help him forget about Dee. The doctor rued his feelings for Dee which were still quite strong.

When the father and son reached the door, they were both very nervous. Blake pulled on his purple noble’s robe that went to his knees. He hoped he looked alright. The boy hadn’t seen Dee since the hunting trip and while the circumstances could have been better, he didn’t deny he was looking forward to seeing the squire once more. Galen, meanwhile, was caught up in anxiousness and confusion. He hoped that the dinner would go well and be over fast. Galen looked over at Blake, “Don’t…” Blake cut him off without even looking at him, “I know I know. Don’t tell them.” He however gave a smirk that did not reassure his father.

Once the maid had opened the door, the two walked in. Galen nodded towards the maid as she led them through to where Dee and Dubhdara were situated. As soon as Galen saw the two, he paused before bowing slightly, “Thank you for inviting us.” He spoke up politely.

w0rmy

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 01:49:34 PM »
Dubhdara stood up upon seeing the two Boivin’s entering and greeted them with a friendly smile. “It is no worry! I am glad to have such wonderful guests.” Dubhdara quickly looked over the boy before returning his gaze on Galen. The last time they had been face to face, they were having sex. That certainly was a pleasurable memory! No sarcasm intended either. Dee smiled however it was in more Blake’s direction, “Hello Blake!” He greeted the boy rather enthusiastically while only supplying a polite nod to Galen. “How are you?” However, before Dee could get an answer, Dubhdara said loudly, “Let’s go the dining room, hm?” The man made a gesture to move along, “Dinner will be ready very soon.  

Once they had arrived in the dining room, Dubhdara, “Before we sit down, there are a few rules-no. Just one rule.” He cracked a smile and held up a finger, “The boys sit next to each other while the adults sit across each other.” Dee ran his fingers through his hair, obviously irritated by his father’s behaviour. He hated it how people were sucked in by his charm. He hated it! “Come on,” The elder Pencawr yet another gesture for every one to sit down. “Dinner won’t take long. I hope you don’t mind lamb.”

Once everyone had settled in their seats, Dubhdara called the maid over and demanded drinks. “So, how is everyone?” He looked around the table, being careful to avoid eye contact with Dee. Dubhdara then looked hard at Blake, frowning ever so slightly. The frown had caused a slight crease to his forehead, “What is your name, boy?”  

“His name is Blake.” Dee said, more coldly than intended. Under the table, his hands were clenched tightly. Dubhdara raised an eyebrow however said nothing more. “Doctor Galen, your medical studies. How are they going?”

DoTheLimbo

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 02:14:05 PM »
Galen smiled back at Dubhdara. He surveyed the other. Since he had last saw the man, he had forgotten how the other looked. He was pleased to see the alcohol hadn’t affected his standards of beauty. Galen couldn’t help however but glance at Dee before looking back at Dubhdara. He reminded himself that he told Dubhdara that he hadn’t met Dee, or had he. Galen could hardly remember that night and the morning following. If it hadn’t been for the reminder letter in the mail, Galen might have forgot about the whole dinner. Blake glanced at Dee but he didn’t smile. He merely nodded back to the boy before glancing at his father. The boy was use to being a background child, polite and quiet, during social events. All his years of attending his mother’s parties had engrained the characteristic into him.

As the arrived in the dining room, Galen paused as Dubhdara explained the seating arrangement. He had no problem with it. As the doctor went to sit down, he glanced at Blake. His expression flashed for a second mixture of warning and fear. Blake ignored the look as he sat down. He glanced at Dee instead, noticing the irritated look. Sitting with perfect posture, a weak smile was on his lips now. Galen nodded towards Dubhdara, “Lamb is wonderful.”

When Dubhdara asked how everyone was, Galen took a few minutes to think. It was Blake instead who answered first, “I’m fine, Lord Dubhdara.” He responded politely, his gaze down at the tablecloth. When Dubhdara asked for his name, he opened his mouth but Dee answered first. Blake looked over at Dee, surprised by the harsh reply. He noticed the tension in Dee and pouted.

While Blake stared at Dee, Galen took this moment to answer Dubhdara’s question, “I am well.” He was replied with the questions. Galen actually hadn’t done a lot of medical work with everything that had been happening in the past weeks. “They are alright,” He began, “I started breeding a new group of ants for stitch work.” Galen paused before continuing, “And how has your work been going, Lord Dubhdara?” For the life of him, Galen couldn’t even remember what Dubhdara did for a living so he kept the question general and vague hoping that Dubhdara wouldn’t notice.

A rather heavy sigh left Blake’s lips. He hated dinner discussions. They were so boring and always so awkward. This one, however, topped the rest for the tension in the air. He played with the end of the tablecloth with his fingers, staring down as he tuned out Dubhdara and Galen’s conversation.

w0rmy

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 02:40:13 PM »
Dubhdara had ignored Blake. He focused all of his intention on Galen instead. While listening to the other speak, he ran his index finger along the goblet’s brim. “That is wonderful to hear, Doctor Galen.” And offered a charming smile, “Oh my work?” Dubhdara sipped the goblet delicately and gently set it down gently on the table. “It’s been going wonderfully though, a bit stressful here and there. I have so many papers to look over but so far, all the farmers have paid their taxes. It’s all quite splendid…” Dubhdara smiled and then asked, “Did you hear about the young lady that was found in the local river? There no obvious sign of skin tear, it’s all quite interesting! What are you opinions on it?”

While the two adults were talking, Dee felt Blake staring at him.  He glanced over at the other briefly before looking down at the table once more. Suddenly, a wonderful idea came into mind and the boy couldn’t help but smile a little. Dee slipped off one of is shoes (with a bit of effort mind you) and began to rub it along the back of Blake’s leg. He sipped his water and pretended to listen to his father’s conversation.

“Father.” Dee asked, trying to keep his voice sweet as possible. “Do you fuck dogs?” Dubhdara stared in disbelief. What, what, what? Do I fuck dogs? However, no such answer was supplied and the man attempted to continue his conversation with Galen. There was no point in answering such a trivial question. Dee watched his father with great dislike however said nothing. He continued to rub Blake’s calf under the table.

DoTheLimbo

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 03:00:44 PM »
Galen nodded, taking a sip of his drink as Dubhdara answered his question. Taxes? He figured that Dubhdara was a lord of the land then. At the mention of the rumor, Galen frowned lightly. He indeed know of the young lady from the river. Galen was in fact the doctor that gave the highest bid to do post-mortem research on her body. It was tricky business to do, gaining bodies that went through particular trauma to research. The hardest part was convincing the family to let him do it. He had been staring at the liquid in his goblet before he looked back up, “Yes, I heard of that. It’s a very tricky case. The problem with it,” He took another sip, “is the fact that she did not die of drowning because her lungs weren’t filled with water which means that when she was placed in the river she was already dead.” He paused before explaining, “I actually am the doctor that is performing autopsy on the girl.”

As Galen and Dubhdara conversed, Blake continued to play with the tablecloth in his fingers. He couldn’t help but start when he felt something against his leg. Glancing down under the table, he found the source to be Dee’s leg. As soon as he saw what the source was, his eyes flicked back up to stare ahead at the room. A soft blush appeared on his cheeks. His leg squirmed for a moment before he let it relax. The boy hadn’t expected such an action, but it was needless welcome. While he was polite and would have never started the rubbing himself, he wasn’t about to push Dee away. After all, for the past days he had missed the boy and the touch on his leg felt wonderful.

When Dee spoke up, Blake kept his gaze away. Galen glanced over at the boy. The question that came made Galen frown lightly at the randomness of it. Blake however put his hand over his mouth trying to make a laugh sound like a cough. Galen was confused by the question. Perhaps this was the young humor that had confused him before because Blake seemed to enjoy it as well. He shrugged, looking back at Dubhdara. Galen knew that the lord would rather ignore it and move on with the conversation like adults.

Blake meanwhile turned to glance at Dee, a smile playing on his lips. He couldn’t help but think about fucking now. His hand went underneath the table and reached over to squeeze Dee’s knee. Blake’s other hand gripped his drink and he gulped some of it down.

w0rmy

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 03:25:41 PM »
Dubhdara listened to the other with a keen interest. He had wanted to know more about the death of the girl but of course that information was confidential. “You perform autopsy as well?” Dubhdara repeated unnecessarily. He had not except Galen would also be the type to perform such a ritual never the less, he was impressed. Autopsy had always interested and in the past has read books about it. The topic was certainly interesting but looked difficult. “That is interesting! I never thought you would perform autopsy. To be truthful, I thought you were just a general doctor but obviously not.” Dubhdara smiled gently before sipping the remains of his goblet.

Dee felt pleased that Blake didn’t refuse the touching. He felt even better when the other laughed about the ‘dog fucking’ question. Even though Dee could feel Galen’s eyes upon him, he did not look back. For you see, something a lot more interesting had suddenly appeared. Under the table, he felt a hand snake its way to his knee. Dee wanted to look at Blake, even if it was a glance however resisted the urge and asked Dubhdara, “Is dinner ready yet?” His tone of voice was unpleasant and rude however Dubhdara didn’t seem to mind.

“It should be ready now, in fact.” Dubhdara mused, “I wonder why it’s not here-BREATICE!” The sudden yell had caused Dee to jump. He had been focusing on Blake’s hand and the kind of things he wanted to do to him. Dee turned and opened his mouth to ask when the next hunting trip was however it was disturbed by another voice. The maid, Beatrice, had rushed by Dubhdara’s side, apologising for the lateness. She informed him that dinner was literally on its way. “I do apologise… now, where were we, Doctor Galen? The distraction has made me forget… what were we talking about?”

DoTheLimbo

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 03:49:53 PM »
Galen nodded as Dubhdara repeated his words. He took another sip of the water. The doctor was glad that Dubhdara wasn’t swayed by knowing that Galen performed autopsy. He spoke up, “Yes, I actually enjoy performing autopsy more than practicing on living beings.” Galen paused before continuing, “However, I have to keep it rather hushed because the Talon clergy does not approve of post-mortem research and most of the ladies become frightened to know of my work and sometimes even the gentlemen.”  He glanced back over at Dee then at Blake. Galen wondered why exactly Blake was blushing but paid not that much attention to it. He didn’t want to give his son any opportunity to speak for fear that he may say something about the predicament of the situation.

Blake, on the other hand, felt wonderful. Not only was he touching Dee and ignoring the conversation going on, but he knew that he was in complete control of the whole situation. He had so many things he could say which would demand attention. The boy ran his hand up Dee’s leg a little bit before bringing it down back to the squire’s knee. He hesitated when he heard Dee’s tone of voice, worried until he realized that the tone was merely directed towards Dubhdara. It was very obvious that Dee disliked his father as well. Blake felt a sudden pang of guilt. He started to realize that perhaps Dee would be upset if he learned that Galen had slept with his father. Blake continued to think about this, his hand wandering absently up Dee’s thigh. On another note however, it would also ruin any chances of Galen getting back together with Dee and that made Blake glow with joy.

He jumped as well when Dubhdara suddenly yelled. Just like Dee, Blake’s minds were filled with thoughts and he glanced at the boy seeing that he was about to say something. The maid cut them off however and Blake quickly looked away.

Galen had started as well, taking a gulp of water to calm his frazzled nerves from the yell. He watched the maid, slightly envious that she was so obeying unlike his maid. The doctor nodded at Dubhdara’s apology, “It’s fine.” He paused trying to remember what they were talking about when Blake suddenly spoke up with a rather loud, confident voice.

“Actually,” Blake looked at his father. He grinned smugly as Galen’s face paled. The boy looked back over at Dubhdara. Galen began to play with his fork a little bit, he spoke up attempting to cut his son’s words off, “Blake, hold your tongue.” The attempt however only encouraged Blake, “No, no. I just wanted to quickly ask something because I’m a /curious/ young boy,” Galen buried his face in his hand knowing what Blake was going to say next. And indeed, Blake said it, “Lord Dubhdara, are you aware that my father has met your son beforehand?” He squeezed Dee’s knee, unsure of how the other boy would react to what he was going to start to say.

w0rmy

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 04:13:22 PM »
“I do not think.” Dubhdara said slowly, only glancing back when he heard the servants come with the food. “I don’t think autopsy is something to be feared.” He laced his fingers together and placed them under his chin, keeping his gaze directly on Galen. The two boys did not spark his interest.. “It’s incredibly useful, especially for certain situations. Like the drowned lady, for example. May Talon rest her soul.” Dubhdara bowed his hand slightly, giving off the impression he felt saddened by the death.

Dee was disgusted by his father’s behaviour. It was so fake! Why would he care about the death orf someone he didn’t know? He didn’t even care about his own, living breathing son! The very thought out raged Dee! His anger however died down a little when Blake ran his hand up leg and for that, Dee was thankful. Once again, the boy attempted at speaking however it was swayed by the servants. The servants set down the small feast and left quickly just as they arrived. “I hope you enjoy your meal. I’m sure you will, I have an excellent chief! He is from Ireland.” Dubhdara said, picking up is knife and fork.

However, the lord soon forgot about dinner when he heard Blake speak.  “Yes, yes, I am aware. They met in a stable.” Dubhdara lent forward, “What is so odd about this? What are you suggesting?”

DoTheLimbo

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 04:26:09 PM »
Galen nodded, sipping his water as he listened to Dubhdara. This dinner was awkward but at the same time nice. It was private enough that Galen didn‘t have to worry about crowds or his wife. He also didn‘t mind having the sons along. While he kept glancing at Dee now and then, he tried to overcome it and keep his focus on Dubhdara. He couldn‘t deny to himself that he still had feelings for Dee, maybe more so than any feelings he had for Dubhdara but he did best to psychologically tune them down and try to heighten the liking for Dubhdara. It was the only way he saw out of liking Dee.

Blake brought his gaze to stare directly at Dubhdara with a rather courageous smirk. He leaned forward, his hand leaving Dee’s leg for the moment. “A stable?” He spoke up as if surprised, “Really, because I met your son when they were both naked in my father’s study.” Galen suddenly tipped over his goblet, it clinked against the dish and water spilled on the table. His eyes were wide and he glanced over at Dee before looking towards Dubhdara. Fear was in his expression and he began to chew on his lower lip.

Blake looked over at his father before looking at Dee, “But I’m sure that you’re use to that sort of behavior, Lord Dubhdara, because that’s exactly how our maid said she saw you and… oh, my father, just… what? A week later after /meeting/ Dee, would you say, father?” He brought his gaze back to Galen. His father had a bright blush on his fearful face. The feeling in Blake felt sadistic and sweet and he couldn’t help but smile mischievously.

w0rmy

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 04:47:47 PM »
Dee was scared. He was trembling. His heart pounding and his breathing was rapid. What would Dubhdara do? Would he beat Dee in front of the guests? Or would he wait till the left? He had no idea. It was impossible to tell with Dubhdara. No one could tell what the devious man thought, it was impossible. He knew how to hide his emotions well… but not this time. It was obvious that Dubhdara was most, ah, displeased.  

Dee glanced at Galen and stared. He couldn’t believe what he heard. Galen? Galen sleep with his father? His father? Dubhdara? “Father…” Dee began and touched Dubhdara’s hand. That move, however, was a fatal mistake. In a flash, Dubhdara had shoved his fork into the back of Dee’s hand. “You filthy boy!” The man snarled, snatching his son by the hair, “Is this how you spend your days a squire? Fucking?” Dee opened is mouth but only a series of whimpers and cries left it. Those sounds did not sway Dubhdara, in fact, it only made him madder.

If Dee had ‘fucked’ anyone else, Dubhdara wouldn’t have mind… but Galen? It could have been anyone! But Galen? Oh no! He was off limits. “Answer me, boy. Or I’ll bust that pretty face of yours.”

DoTheLimbo

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 05:14:45 PM »
Galen had grabbed a napkin to try and clean up the spilled water. While rubbing the cloth, his fork fell to the floor. He leaned down to pick it up. Galen thanked his fork that he was able to duck away so he didn’t have to look at any of the people at the table. He picked up his fork and raised an eyebrow as he saw the boy’s intertwined legs under the table. A sudden realization filled Galen with dread.  He started when he heard a loud thud on the table above followed by yelling.

Galen hit his head on the table edge on his way up, and he winced at the pain. He sat up, looking at Blake for a moment as if he couldn’t believe that his son even existed before looking over to see what had caused the thud. He had expected the yelling, but he hadn’t expected it to be towards Dee. Galen frowned lightly and winced when Dubhdara grabbed Dee’s hair. Placing his fork back on the table, he fixed his setting not looking up. His cheeks were bright red and he squirmed inside, but Galen had grown up to learn that it was not his place to judge other parent’s way of discipline. And the way Dubhdara was handling it, it wasn’t that far away from how his family line handled it.

Blake, however, started at the sudden violent act having watched it happened. He instantly stood up, his chair falling behind him. Contrary to what many would think about the snobbish boy, he had been in a fair amount of fights with other noble boys and once with his archery instructor.  Blake felt a weird feeling of freedom as he stared at Dubhdara. He was use to domestic discipline from his mother and didn’t defend himself against her because she was his parent and in a way he felt that he had to obey her. But Blake was enough of a brat that he could care less about all the other elders, especially Dubhdara. Therefore he felt no remorse in yelling at Dubhdara and if it came to it, throwing something at the lord.

“Lord Dubhdara!” Blake shouted loudly, his young tenor voice slightly shrieking, “Stop that!”
Galen glanced over at his son’s outburst, he spoke up, “Blake, sit down!” Blake ignored his father.

w0rmy

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 05:50:08 PM »
Tears were running down his cheeks. He hadn’t received a beating like this before. Dubhdara had always used his hands, never a stick or anything like that. But to use a fork? That was low, even for the lord’s standards.  Dee was sobbing, the pain was horrible.  He knew that there was going to be more than his, Dubhdara wouldn’t be satisfied just yet. Dee even attempted to apologise but it just came out in harsh gasps.
The lord pulled on the hair again and muttered darkly, “stupid child…”

Dubhdara tore his eyes away to Blake’s. He was not worried however, after all, Blake was only a child. And what he? A full grown adult!  “I can do what I want, boy.” Dubhdara slapped Dee hard on the cheek. “He is mine and I can do whatever I want with my property.” The way the man talked, he made it sound as his son was an object.  And this time, instead of slap, Dubhdara sent his fist flying into Dee’s left eye socket. Even thought the area immediately began to swell, it still didn’t stop the crazed man.  There was no satisfaction from delivering two blows, there had to be another. The third and final punch was going swung till Beatrice walked on the scene. “Lord Dubhdara-“Her voice was cut shot upon what she saw.

“Yes, what is it, Beatrice?” Dubhdara asked. His tone was quite surprising. Almost as if the fight wasn’t actually taking place. Beatrice gaped, her pale eyes looking over at Dee’s impaled hand. “N-Nothing s-s-suh! I w-was just ch-checking if din-diner was adequate.” The maid bowed deeply, “Sorry for the disturbance.” Beatice bowed again and hurried back towards the kitchen, her brown hair flying in the air.

“F-Father.”

DoTheLimbo

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 06:37:24 PM »
Blake breathed in sharply, anger taking over him. The boy had quite the temper himself, and at his young age he was hardly able to constrain it. It did not scare him that Dubhdara was older or larger than him. Blake was like a kitten attacking a dog. Confident despite how many disadvantages he had compared to Dubhdara. He glanced at Dee, his anger building as he saw the other in such pain. Blake grabbed his goblet and flung it at Dubhdara. Being very skilled in sports came in handy as the goblet flew straight at the lord’s head.

Blake was about to yell when the maid walked in. He paused, his fist clenching around his spoon now. He stared at the maid then at Dubhdara. As Beatrice spoke, Blake took the opportunity to throw the spoon as well. Galen stared at the scene going on with wide eyes. He was in shock at the whole situation. Never in a million years would he had even considered this happening. He squirmed as he watched Dee. Standing up, Galen stayed by his place and spoke up, “Uhm, Dubhdara… I think that might be enough. I‘m sure he‘s learned his lesson.” He commented trying to rationalize the other back. Galen knew how to talk to abusive parents, but he had no idea if it would even work. It depended on how angry Dubhdara was.

Blake however was the one that turned towards Galen, “Shut up, father!” He yelled. Galen raised his eyebrows and instinctively sat down. He was a tad bit surprised as he was reminded of his wife by Blake’s tone of voice. Blake pointed a knife now at Galen, “This is all your fault, now if you aren’t going to help just stay the fuck sitting.” The boy snapped. If there was ever a time to tell his father how he felt, it was going to be now. He turned towards Dubhdara speaking in a loud voice that was way too demanding and mature for his little teenage boy frame, “And you, Lord Dubhdara, I suggest you stop because I have no problem hanging for your death.” He glared straight at the other man to show he was serious. Whether or not Blake was truly serious however, he did not know, but his words were of passion.

w0rmy

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 07:31:27 PM »
Bonk. The goblet square in the middle of his forehead. Dubhdara blinked a few times, having trouble believing that had just happened. It had not been expected and so his grip on Dee’s hair had loosened. The boy took this chance and began to crawl away, trying to get as far as possible away from his crazed father. Once far enough from Dubhdara, Dee attempted to pull out the utensil. Of course, it was a lot harder than anticipated. At fist, Dee had tried pulling slowly but that way too painful… so caving it, he pulled it out roughly. Blood began to flow from the torn skin. Dee didn’t mind though, he just glad to get it out.

Bonk. Now a spoon?! Dubhdara growled and cracked his knuckles. His dark eyes darted over to where Galen sat. He was deeply disappointed with the doctor. Dubhdara had hoped at least Galen would restrain his son, but no, that was not the case.  Galen did nothing except sit and watch. Fucking helpful. “Wha-what?” The lord gaped. He had not expected such words!  Especially from a child. “How dare you speak to me like that! How dare you!” Dubhdara paused and looked over Blake, “You can’t do anything against me. I can easily snap your wrist like it was a twig. Don’t anything on me, you stupid child.”