Author Topic: Zyens Forge.  (Read 6294 times)

Zyen

Zyens Forge.
« on: January 04, 2008, 06:14:54 AM »
Zyen the blacksmith was working iron in his forge, beating the hammer against the steel over and over again, sweat dripping from his brow from the heat of the fire. He worked the foreign metal over and over, then reheated it.  Zyen took the metal from his anvil and took it over to a sharpening stone. He started to curve the blade while sharpening it. He pushed down on the stone again, putting his nose to the grinder, studying the sharpness.  Once done, he straightened and slashed out with it, frowning at its imperfection.

He picked up his hammer and hammered out lightly, then resharpened it once more. "Damn it," he swore, setting it down on a shelf as a farmer\'s tool. He went out into the streets and to his storehouse on the other side of his property and got out some metal.  On the way back, he accidentally ran into someone and knocked them on their rear. "Oops I\'m sorry; that was dreadfully clumsy of me," he cried.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
Re: Zyens Forge.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 01:59:03 PM »
Keara rode her horse at a slow pace in the cobbled streets, it was a nice and quite day she looked up ahead in the streets. She slid herself off her horse and gently took his riens before leading him down the cobbled road. She hadn\'t been to the black smiths for a long time and usually went to the one outside of town. But he was on sick leave and was pointed to this one, she would have waited but Weunut needed some new shoes badly and she needed some metal arrow tips.

She slowly approuched the forge dropping Weunuts rein singling him to stay in which he obeyed, she looked inside to see that no one was in. She slightly turned around when she was knocked flat on her but. It was a hard fall but nothing to serious. She could hear a man\'s voice apoligizing to what he had just done, Keara looked at him and he was young blacksmith though very handsome she thought. She smiled as she picked herself up and brushed herself off.

"That is quite all right I shoud have been paying more attention to my surroundings. The names Keara."

She stuck out her hand politely toward the man. Just then her horse came up behind her and rested his chin on her shoulder.  

"And this is Weunut my horse."

Zyen

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 07:34:11 PM »
Zyen looked at her and her horse and smiled. "I cannot shake just yet" he said indicateing to the metals in his hand. He walked to his shop and dumped them in a tray with a burning inferno under it. He walked over to the counter and sized her up. "You\'r not a farmer" he said and he wiped away the tools and put a quiber of arrows on the able with 17 arrows each diffrent examples and seven diffrent bows some light armors and light swords, blades, and katana\'s on he table. "Hmm" he said and he took out a special arrow made of Ebony Wood and had a Ivory arrow with a German Titanium Tip. "Test it out" he said handing her a Ebony bow with an Iorn String and the Zyen Arrow. "Even if you\'r not here to buy them ill let you have 15 for free if you test it. And if you dont like them ill give you the finest i\'ve got free" he said smileing and he sat back.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 03:28:35 PM »
Keara then took her hand back, indeed he could not shake her hand as he was holding a variety of metals. She tied her horse to the post and followed him inside, it was warm and cozy at the same time. She was impressed by the finished weapons that were on display, they were very impressive. She let her gaze go up and down the walls before returning to the counter that her now stood behind. He looked he up and down before talking to himself, she smiled and replied in a sweet manner.

"Indeed I am not a Farmer but a Ranger for the king."

She watched as he took out serveral weapons from behind his counter, the arrows and bows are what spiked her interest as he laid them on the table. There were carfully crafted with the utmost care and probably sold for a pretty penny. He took out an arrow and handed it to her, she handled it carfully and lightly touched the tip. It was sharp and it made a slight indent in her finger, he then handed her a bow. She could tell that is was a long bow, most people in the markets did not make recurve bows because of all the time and engery. Long and short bows were simpler and faster to make in the markets.

She nodded her head and knocked the arrow with ease, she could tell that the bow had a much lighter draw wieght then her recurve bow. She drew back on it with much ease and after a few moments released the arrow. A short distance away there was a frim thud on the wood that was in the shop. She turned to the blacksmith and handed his bow back.

"Good supply you have there, though I must say I\'m more of a person who has a taste for the recurve bows."

She took out her bow and placed it on the counter to show him, it was not a bow that was made in Oberon. It was a bow that she had gotten from her father when she could handle a full sized recurve. The wood was hard yet the core was very flexible, what was more unusal was that the wood was naturally black. The string was something else was well, it was thin and looked fragile but was actually strong and lightweight. The string also made no sound when being pulled back and then let go like other bows. Many people knew of the bow yet only a few had dedicated their life to making and perfecting the bow. Many had tried to get her sell it for a quite a pretty penny but it was hers to keep and pass one to her childern if she ever had any. Indeed it was a weapon of pure power and stealth.

"As for arrows do you have anything that could pierce armour whether it be light or heavy that a person is wearing?"

Zyen

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 11:22:29 AM »
"Oh you use that type of bow im glad now i can test the ones ive made. Most people these days use these modles." he said indicateing to the long bow. He walked out of the shop room and back with a unique bow. "This isn\'t like yours. Its a Zyen bow." he said. "Light draw back" and he pulled the bow string back with ease. "Yet strong and fast release" and he knocked a Zyen arrow. "now watch the true meaning of a Zyen Arrow" and he released. It hit the armour and the metal shattered. "The arrow isnt made for deadly penetration. But for painfull death."

"Viper Cobra Copper mouth and Rattle Snake poison. Mixed with Spider poision and Poison Ivy and Oak. All it has to do is toch the skin and they\'ll start iching. Spreading it though the body. Course its useless for quick kills. Its mainly for assassination." he said. "Here you can test this arrow. Made for quick kills. It\'s another of my modles" he said and he laided the Bow and the Arrow down. He put some heavy armour on the test dummy makeing sure he diddnt toch either arrow or the poision. He burnt the arrow and threw the armor in fire burning the poison.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 10:23:54 AM »
She watched as he pulled back on his bow that he obviously created himself and along with the arrow. She was surprised that the arrow and had shattered the amour with extreme force. Still it was not the arrow she was looking for and was about to say something then he explained the arrows purpose. It fascinated her that such an arrow could be made, in many places when she was looking for a criminal she would sometimes never have a clear shot. With this type of arrow it would guarantee her that the subject would be dead even if she hadn’t hit a fatal spot on the body.

She nodded her head with smile on her face, the arrows interested her and just maybe she might by some. He the handed her an arrow that he said was used for quick kills. The arrow shaft was very light while the tip was heavy as well as the back to obviously even the arrow out. As he set up the amour she knocked her recurve bow and pulled straight back with ease. She waited for him to finish throwing the useless amour into the fire. As soon as she was out of the way she aimed for the chest and quickly released.

It hit the armor with extreme force, sinking deep into the wood behind it and toppling over the post that the armor was put on. She smiled and looked at Zyen.

"Impressive, just what I was looking for. I\'ll take 3 dozen of the one I just shot and 1 dozen of the poison arrows. Do you have any other arrows that could be useful to a Ranger like me?"

This was going to be an interesting day she though to herself. She tehn remembere about her horse and quickly added in to the rest of her sentance.

"And I was wondering if you could fit my horse with some new shoes he is bad need of some new ones of that\'s not a problem?"

Zyen

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 12:06:57 PM »
"3 dozen of my Zyen Strong Arm arrows and 1 Dozen of my Zyen Poisen Arrows. he Poision arrows are free for testing. I have more Arrow Proto types. And you\'r horse will be seen too." he said smileing

He walked to the back of his store and pulled a quiber off the wall. He se it down infont of her. They were all made from diffrent woods. All of them had diffrent metal arrowheads and longer or sorter shafts. One was small the size of a tooth pick but was long as an ordinary arrow but the shaft was pure metal.

"Forgein Woods." he said smileing. "Oh and this time try to use my bow. I need a Public Opinion." he asked. "Oh yes your horse shoes" he checked his pockets. After pulling out three daggers seven hammers 2 tongs and a hmmer he pulled out four Horse shoes. "There they are" he said setting them down.

He sat back and watched her work whileing picking up a hammer and horse shoe nails.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 09:57:15 AM »
Keara smiled as she heard that the poison arrows were free just because she had tested them. She watched him as he went to the back  and when he came back he had set a quiver of arrows for her to not doubt test out. Thier were many arrows and ones that she had her doubts about. Then again he did say they were only moulds, she lightly touched each one before letting her hand settle on the one that was made of pure metal. She let it sit in her open hand, it had good balance but was a little heavy on the tip.

She set it down and used his bow, she then watched as he looked for his tools. She knocked the arrow and pulled back on the bow, as she lined up her arrow with the target she then spoke.

"Do you need me to bring in my horse?"

She then let go of the arrow, hitting the target with a solid thunk. It was a little off it\'s mark. She the set down the bow and spoke again about the arrow.

"This one has good balance and it flies very straight, though the tip of the arrow is a little heavy by maybe half a mili-gram. Other than that it\'s a good arrow."

Zyen

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 01:11:28 PM »
Zyen smiled. "Yes bring it in. But befor you do let me show you what these are ment for" he said indicateing to the arrow she just fired. And two other arrows. One had a Thick shaft and a balled tip of thin metal that wouldn\'t do much harm. Then there was a Arrow who\'s tip was infused with a Metalic Crystalisation infusion. "Infused with Diamon\'s. The Diamond tip makes it strong enough to peirice 25 feet deep into a Castle wall if fired from a Balista. You don\'t want to be hit by one of these cause it will be you\'r last fight"

He moved his hand over the seemingly harmless one. "Meet my Flameing Zyen arrow. The name is off" he said and he picked up his bow. He knocked the arrow pulled the string. His stance was weird. He had one leg bent and one leg strait back. His body was aimed twords her but the bow was aiming at the Armor his head and eyes were focused on it. He let his hand release and his body snapped back. He pulled a shield off the wall and covered them both with the tower sheild as the arrow hit the amour and exploded. A helmet hit the shield and he moved the sheild. The target dummie awas gone and the wall behind them had a hole in it. The wood was demolished but behind that was a Metal Cement infusion. "Always make sure you want someone to die when fireing that" he said

He moved his hands to the Pure silver arrow. "Now this little beauty. Isn\'t for direct shooting." he said and he pulled three out of the Quiber and kocked them through his fingers. He pulled back on the bow and aimed skyward twords a fake castle hanging on the wall with test dummies. They each had about 14 arrows of the same type in them. e shot and hit the three dummies strait in the head. The arrows flew up and arced downward like they did when she shot them and hit each dummie in the eye. "All three are Seige. Criminal. And Demolition arrows. Perfect for Enforceing the law or destroying a building." he laughed. "So now about you\'r horse"

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 01:28:56 PM »
Keara crossed her arms as she listened to Zyen explain the arrows that he picked up and held towards her, explaining their purpose and what they were made up in detail. The first arrow had a shiny tip and was surprised that it was infused with diamonds making it able to penetrate 25 feet into a castle wall. It was intriguing but since she did not need to penetrate castle walls, though it would be useful in penetrating very tough armor.

The next arrow he touched looked harmless, but when he knocked it and stood in a funny position she knew that the arrow was very dangerous. In a few seconds her released the arrow and pulled a shield off the wall covering them both with the shield, she heard a loud explosion and when he removed the shield she was stunned buy what the arrow had did that she did not almost hear him explain what the other arrow he picked up was for.

She listened and all three arrows that he had shown her and they all had unique qualities to them.

"You should name your Flaming arrow the Zyen Exploding arrow, seems more appropriate I would think."

She then put her fingers to her mouth and whistled loudly, their was a small neighing sound before the horse came to her call. She grabbed the reins and held him still before speaking.

"Show me where I need to take him; he\'s a bit of a hand full when it comes to strangers."

Zyen

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 02:56:45 PM »
He led her to the back of his shop. The area wa slined with Arrows of all types as well as unique bows. There was one bow so long it stood at abou 5 feet and the string was a tough leather. It was marked in a strange language but under it was he word "Useless"

Zyen led her o the Horse harness and helped her get the horse in. Then he removed the old shoes with skill determination and speed. He pushed the new shoe\'s and measured them. Then he began working on putting them on.

"Zyen...-Explodeing Arrows Eh? It\'s got a nice feel." he said while he was working.

He turned worked his way to the back of the horse and attached the final shoe and let the horse onto the floor. "Thouse should do for the horses life time" he said ubbing the Horses muzzle. "Come back if you need anything. More shoes for horses more arrows broad swords Samuri Swords Zyen Swords Light Swords." he said. "Oh thats right the price" he bent over a note pad and wrote down a sale. He totaled it up. "5 gold peices for the arrow\'s the Zyen\'s are free and 3 gold peices for the horse shoes and the job. 8 gold peices. Anything else? Bows, arrows, tools, swords, armor?

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 08:13:45 AM »
Keara clicked her tougne and the horse followed willingly. Zyen led him to the horse harness to which she then buckled him in and let Zyen get to his work. He was fast she would have to give him that, Weunut did don\'t seem to mind at all and that was good, the last thing she needed Zyen to get kicked by him.

"Zyen...-Explodeing Arrows Eh? It\'s got a nice feel."

Keara nodded and it also seemed a better fitting name towards the arrow. As he fitted the last shoe on her horse she then felt on the inside of her cloak for her money. She then looked up see him rubbing her horses muzzle and he accepted it. He then pounded each foot, pleased at his new shoes.

"He seems pleased, here is eight peices of gold and what is with the bow in the corner that has the word useless underneath it?"