Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: More important than sleep  (Read 8558 times)

Mayquiri

More important than sleep
« on: January 23, 2008, 04:31:56 PM »
((Reserved for Shadowstorm ))
Well, it was more important then sleep to Venorik anyways.  He spent much of his time in the library, or in his room reading up on thins he rented from the library.  He was the very definition of an Eruditio student to letter, so, naturally he considered studying to be more important then sleep.  With any luck, Ilvarion would end up with the same mentality.  Of course, such diciplne would take time, but Venorik already believed that the child had the potentional.

"This, is our library.  The most important place in this academy, and the place where you will learn everything you could ever want." He said softly as he entered the area, his voice respectfully subdued.  Turning to look at the boy, Venorik smirked, his enjoyment of the place clear in his light, springy step, and the light in his eye.  Of course, that light could just be the faint glow of his infrared vision, but let\'s just pretend otherwise for now.

As much as he loed the place, and he certainly did, the pair could not linger there forever.  He had to show Ilvarion around, show the boy his room, gie him a very brief tour.  He would leave the child in the library if distracted, but his teachers would be most displeased with him if he did that.

Offline Shadowstorm

• Halflight Admin
  • Senior Editor
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: More important than sleep
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 04:58:27 AM »
Bright eyes widened further than before, stunned into silence by the majestic sight that met him. Such a place had never seemed likely to exist before, rows and rows of books stretching out before him. ...perhaps more than he could ever need to know.
Nodding fervently at Venorik\'s words, the young student took a few steps forward, placing a delicate hand on one of the bookshelves with something akin to reverence, breathing the dusty, heavy air in.

Quite staggered by this discovery, he simply whispered, "I can believe that, sir..."
This would be the force that he lived off of, absorbing words through his eager page-turning fingertips, tracing elegant illuminations and precise diagrams by candlelight.
...passionate thirst for knowledge stung the back of his mind, with an urge to quench his needs..., he didn\'t want to leave this beautiful place.

Mayquiri

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 03:57:19 AM »
After watching Ilvarion for a bit, approval in his eyes, Venorik seemingly disappeared in between the shelves of books, the same seductive power that the library held drawing him in as much as it drew Ilvarion in.  Over the years, the shock had worn down in Venorik, so he was never quite so slow unless searching for something.  However, he was always quiet and reverant of the room, honestly believing it to be the most important place in the entire castle.

Eventually, Venorik returned to sight, three large texts already in his arms.  "I suggest taking a few books with you so you can read them in your room." He explained, cradeling th books carefully.  None of the books were in english from the looks of things, and they were all ancient.  Venorik cradeled and protected the books as if they were babies.

Offline Shadowstorm

• Halflight Admin
  • Senior Editor
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 09:42:36 AM »
Smiling at that familar spark, that grace and air that he had once observed in his own self, drifting between bookshevles like a second home, drifting between words and stories as if amongst close, trusted friends...ah, this was a world like one he belonged to.
Speaking with a wry expression, quite a few many years beyond his slight stature and young face, Ilvarion\'s voice lifted not above a whisper, "I fear that this place shall consume me...I could lose myself amongst such wonders."

It was never too late to learn, nor would he ever run out of things to consume...not here in this paradise of pages and beauty.
Clasping cold hands in front of himself, the blonde youth addressed his senior with a similar sort of admiration in his gaze, "Perhaps it is best for me to take...time over such a choice, once I know my way around the rest of the Academy. Else, I shall not leave before twilight. At least not willingly."

Indigo eyes then dropped, skittering across the floor, down rows and rows of nourishing, satisfying, fulfilling knowledge.
"Again, I thank you."

Mayquiri

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 01:21:04 AM »
Hearing the comments, Venorik held back a faint little smirk.  He vaugely remember feeling that way after he had learned how to read properly and finally understood the immense importance of the library.  

"Do not fear of it consuming you, it will, and you will welcome it if you dedicate yourself to what this place can teach." He whispered softly, chuckling softly before nodding.  He was going to have to return severa books tonight after checking these ones out.  He was beginning to start his own miniature library in his room.  The librarians would begin to get angry with him if he let the books sit much longer.

"Very well, if you re finished for now, we shall continue our tour.  Though  it might be prudent to take you to your room first.  So you may become aquainte with your roomate and your surroundings." He explained as he checked out his books, soon clutching them to his chest lovingly.