Author Topic: Side Plots?  (Read 7245 times)

Offline skeggsismad

• Dearly Missed
  • Scribe
    • View Profile
Side Plots?
« on: January 26, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »
First off, I\'d like to tip my hat to the moderators, admin, and all members of roleplaycity.com;

It\'s the best roleplaying site on the internet.  Kudos.

But besides these few compliments, [and we all know I\'d love to dribble on and on about how wonderful this website is, which would take me quite a lot of words and farm animals noises to express :) ] I was wondering about side plots. On other websites, I\'ve noticed there are various side plots going on- some websites even allow separate forums to explain them.

Now, since this is a very organized website, one of the most organized I\'ve seen on the entire web [ which I thank you so much! It\'s wonderful!] I understand it would be very complicated to devise this, especially since everyone would want their own side plot, and not all of them would be used. I know it\'s possible to have side plots without have seperate forums or boards for them, but I noticed a new board on the Infusco website that had something to do with wolves and werewolves, and I was wondering if this was a side plot?

I\'m somewhat confused on the reason we wouldn\'t have side plots, because we do have other boards that are just about as complex as this idea is. If we already have a board for side plots or something similar, I suppose I must have missed it. Infusco is mainly the forum I\'m talking about here, for it\'s the only one I roleplay on.

Is it a already-tried idea? A failed idea? Something that never seemed necessary? I was just curious, that\'s all. Perhaps the suggestion would spark some new ideas and plans upon gathering something up like this?

Offline RPC Admin

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Wordsmith
    • View Profile
    • Roleplay City
Re: Side Plots?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 07:35:40 PM »
Thank you for all your compliments on behalf of Satyr, Existentially Odd and every member on this site that makes RPC what it is, with special thanks to Harlequin, Cy for Cypher and Saccharin, three founding members that have helped  Roleplay City to exist.

As for side-plots, there are always universal side plots going on in Infusco, hence it\'s changing face.  Two years ago the entire scenario had changed to Vampires/Demons and such being out in the open and known to the public.  A year later it changed back.  Now with my character Lazarus in the driver\'s seat, something might happen again, because if Infusco stays exactly the same all the time, it runs the risk of being boring.  This would be a forum-wide, and MAIN plot.  The Oligarchy is an undercurrent of this.

The Dark Wolves was a side plot, yes, led by member Wrakune.  I always support such movements, but they do need a driving force behind them and someone to take charge.  Side-plots, as you describe them, are anything that I feel gathers more than three people in them.  I have my own mini side plots with certain characters of mine, simply because my characters have interacted with so many OTHER characters of other members, that a massive storyline comes from it.  I think in this case, storyline is separate to your definition of side-plot.

In other words, if anybody has a good idea for a side-plot that they would like to run in Infusco or any of the other forums please feel free to plan ahead, advertise for characters, drum up interest in the cbox or wherever and Admin will support you.

Anything that makes this place fun.

~Dee.

Shinigami

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 07:26:22 AM »
I\'ve got a side plot in its infancy that I\'ve been planning for Heroes vs. Villians centered around my mayorial candidate Chase Mattigan running on an anti-super powered being platform. My ultimate goal would be that he get elected and there be a SW Revenge of the Sith/X-Men: Age of Apocalypse kinda thing where there\'s this big crackdown on superbeings and maybe the Institute of Advancement eventually serves as a last outpost for the remaining heroes and villains to make their stand. And imagine the potential for backstabbing and other literary goodness if villains were to sabotage heroes during the crisis and superbeings working for the establishment in exchange for the chance to remain unharmed! :D

If interested, please say so, and also any major plot point advice would be helpful! I\'m always open to ideas!

Wrakune

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 10:11:02 AM »
I am the leader of the side-plot for the Dark Wolves. And you are very right in saying that it takes a lot of work and planning. All side-plots need a leader or organizer to oversee things and make sure things are kept in order. It is quite difficult to lead these things and I am thankful for the help of Satyr in my side-plot and all of the members who have joined up and made this plot as phenomenal as it already is. If you would like to know more click on the Dark Wolves Clan link in my signature. BTW, we no longer have lycan/werewolves included in our plot.
:p Kune

Offline RPC Admin

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Wordsmith
    • View Profile
    • Roleplay City
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 06:05:50 PM »
The Brotherhood, concept created by DoTheLimbo and w0rmy, is another side-plot, for vampire ancients and their fledgling(ish) companions. They\'ll interact with all sorts of species, as a money-lending organisation.

Both DoTheLimbo and w0rmy have abandoned their posts on this, but Existentially Odd and Satyr are working at keeping the Brotherhood alive and will be implementing them soon, recruiting vampires into their organisation.

If anyone is interested in this side-plot, please read everything in here and then PM Satyr or Existentially Odd with your idea or request to join.

Offline Kysis

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • The Relentless Muse Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 11:03:17 AM »
Reaver, for a while, was trying to get a side-plot going in Halflight, though his phasing in and phasing out computer has halted that from going there.

Right now, I have a miniplot going in there, which may develop into a sideplot if I start getting active again, involving the Order of Auvrea\'tylar in the elven city of Kyvana (Halflight), and a series of bloody sacrifices needed to sustain the tree of life.  I was hoping to get that going, and pull in all my Halflight characters into it, but activity really limits that.

On that note, I should seriously start posting again.
Μεταξύ λάμψη και τρέλα

Lord Kysis Liari (Ένας πεσμένος ήρωας.),
Fenwick Baldor (Song, wine, and a bit of trouble),
Calista Liari (Θραύσματα Ομορφιά)

Reaver

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 03:15:26 AM »
My sideplot in Oberon was only really starting to spark... I wanted everyone to think there would be some violent events going on, but Oberon is rather peaceful and I\'d hate to stir up too much trouble (and get beaten to death with fish by admins and mods...) but I did want to start up some rather heated political battles... but, Oberon seemed to hit a brick wall and activity has been trickling in on it\'s last leg since.

But oh man, Halflight was going to be fun... gah! I need to start moving again with posts, I know I\'ve been saying so since my return, but my halflight sideplot was a dear child to me. A very ugly, bloodthirsty child, but still.

Anyone interested in the Order of the Tahliten, or the fiendish mercenaries of The Raven, let me know!

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 06:41:16 AM »
Oberon Castle is going to get hit with activity pretty soon:

EO is going to be on holidays in a bit (being a teacher and all sure has its perks), and my roster\'s pretty friendly to me over the Xmas break, so we\'ll be going with our Oberon Castle plan which is;

The king is going to suffer an illness which will eventually strike him down dead.  My character - the sixteen year old Prince Mayhew - is inheritor to the throne.  He\'s already been involved in a scandal and been married to a French royal (EO\'s charrie).

Mayhew is likely to have a number of advisors in his ear once he\'s King - those who wish to influence the way Oberon is run.  If you\'re interested in having an Advisors position or a position of power in the Royal Court at Oberon, PLEASE PM ME, as this will be starting up in December 2008.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Kysis

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • The Relentless Muse Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 11:49:29 AM »
Oooooo.  I totally need to start catching up on all my Oberon stuff so that the ball can get rolling again.  Mwahaha.
Μεταξύ λάμψη και τρέλα

Lord Kysis Liari (Ένας πεσμένος ήρωας.),
Fenwick Baldor (Song, wine, and a bit of trouble),
Calista Liari (Θραύσματα Ομορφιά)