Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Hungry in the night....  (Read 20162 times)

DeathsAngel

Re: Hungry in the night....
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 12:58:47 AM »
Tris walked quietly down the corridors, she should have been in bed but she didn\'t have any food last night, and tonight she was so busy studying... So, she decided to get some food, it\'s not like everybody in the school hadn\'t done this, nor would she get into any real trouble for it.
She was almost there when she stopped to the sound of voices. She peered over the corner to see a figure in the doorway talking to someone in the kitchen. She swore silently under her breath and listened.

"The cookies good tonight?"

The cookies good tonight? Trist repeated silently to herself, and continued to listen, when she heard a slightly familiar voice. Oh, what was his name? Rick, no Daff.. Raff or something like that. She shrugged and walked out.

"Looks like I\'m not the only one who\'s hungry in the middle of the night." She said as she walked towards the door. She looked at the person in the door and swore in her head at her stupidity. "Good evening, sir." She said to the master. She hadn\'t met him personally but it wasn\'t too hard to figure out who most of the masters were.

She looked into the door and saw a couple of glaring red eyes, like she had seen a couple nights before. She cursed under her breath again, and stepped back, hoping he didn\'t attack her... Or magick her again.
 Don\'t tell me he\'s going to attack a master? She asked herself silently. Even in demon mode he can\'t be that stupid!

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 03:36:29 AM »
((Just two quick notes about Neer: It\'s not immediately apparent that he\'s a dragon when he\'s in his human form, and it\'s not immediately apparent he\'s a master unless you expect masters to look to be in their teens. He could well be just a well-dressed servant, given his appearance ^^;))

Neer gave an almost delicate cough at the boy\'s response, one hand rising to his mouth in a gentle fist. The kid was totally amped up, eyes red, claws out, laughing like a maniac... And he was about to get completely taken apart, if he chose to attack Neer. Even in his human form, the dragon packed quite a punch. He was less than worried about anything the student might do, but he did hope he wouldn\'t have to give out any "lessons" tonight.

And then he tried a staredown. Oh you did not, Neer thought, his mirror-eyes going flat as they met the student\'s own, now-red ones. Their reflective surface sent the red light back at him, making it look like Neer\'s eyes, too, held that eerie red glow.

Fortunately, another walked in just then. Sir? Neer thought, blinking. Oh that was interesting! It was rare he got called "sir" on sight. The dragon gave the girl a smile. "\'Evening, uh...?" Neer said casually, leaving the sentence hanging in a question for her name. All the while he kept his senses focused on the angry student to his side, however. It would be frankly embarrassing if the kid got a hit off on him.

Raff_Kimimaru

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 03:47:54 AM »
Raff looked over and saw Tris, he then calmed down a bit as his claws retracted them selves and his eyes turned back to the pale form that they were and his sharp pointed teeth were out yes, but he wasn\'t going to attack now i guess the person has no harm to hurt him or anything,"Hey,your Tris,Ciery\'s sister right?" He asked her in a way much calmer tone now and he smiled a bit it wasn\'t a evil smile just a smile that Raff regularly used, well, used on Tris that is.

Raff then slowly walked up to her and then looked at that person, he looked familiar for some reason, like he had seen him somewhere but Raff just ignored it, he didn\'t even know most of the masters of any other house because he had hardly ever seen them before actually, he just sat there in front of both of them and looked at that one guy, Raff did not take his eyes off him, just in case he was going to him in anyway.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 06:27:54 AM »
Tris tried to look at least a little innocent, not too much, she was in a school or assassins after all. But that innocence that says she wasn\'t looking for trouble... Just hungry.

"Trissa Hindrole, sir." She shrugged. She turned to Raff and smirked. "Yeah, and I see you haven\'t controled your anger, yet, demon-sorry." She added quickly. "Forgot that offended you." She gave of an actual sorry expression, though she wasn\'t really. She was still angry about the magick thing.

She glanced towards the master again and smiled, glancing towards the doorway he was in. "Am I allowed to get food or should I head back to my room?" She asked, hoping that he wasn\'t one of those picky masters who punished students for the smallest things, like sneaking of to get some food because you missed dinner for studying! Dinner two nights in a row she might have added, but then she\'d also have to add that the night before she wasn\'t studying, just simply sneaking around and looking for things to herself into trouble.

Hey, I can say I met a master that\'s dragon. The part of her mind that still held a child\'s joy thought happily. If I don\'t get expelled or something of the sort... She added cynically.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 02:38:21 PM »
"Neat! I\'m Neer," Neer said cheerfully by way of introduction. Really, he didn\'t look or act like a master at all... And even though he didn\'t seem quite human, he might just have had some demon blood a couple generations back or something. He was a pretty normal looking guy, and unless one knew precisely what to look for in someone else\'s movements, it was hard to tell he was anything other than a happy-go-lucky servant or low-level student.

Neer just blinked dumbly at Trist. "Uh, I guess you do if someone catches you..." he responded uncertainly, raising an eyebrow at her as though she were crazy for thinking he could get her into trouble. Neer didn\'t much like playing the part of the master, so he usually just pretended to be what he looked to be - some eccentric student or servant. It made interacting with the students a whole lot more fun.

As soon as Trist\'s attention turned to Neer, he was gone. He\'d moved so quickly from where he was to where the food was that it almost looked like he could have vanished. It was really just hunger driving him, though. By the time Trist put her attention back on him, Neer was up to his elbows in the fridge, digging out a large fish he\'d caught yesterday morning. The staff had been planning on cooking it, he was sure, but he was hungry and he sure as hell wasn\'t going to starve himself just because they wanted some fish too. He could catch them more later.

"This looks good," Neer muttered to himself as he pulled the thing out, a hungry smile on his face.

Raff_Kimimaru

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 02:42:36 PM »
By the time Fell was over there Raff was behind the fridge door already as well and suddenly came out of no where and said,"Ah,so I\'m not the only food eating savage beast now am I?" He said as he got beside Fell eating like crazy as well, wanting to actually become friends since he was a supernatural as well, and the fact that Tris, was getting on his nerves like always.

Raff Chowed down on a lot of ham,pepper jack,steak, bologna, anything that was meat or was worth eating he even chugged all of the vodka without being effected at all, he kept eating even faster then fell now.Raff was a big faster eater his stomach was like a black hole, it could eat anything, and I mean anything.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 03:09:49 AM »
Tris walked through the now-clear doorway to sit on the counter. She wondered if she should try and sneak past the two to try and get some food, but decided that that might be a little too dangerous. So, instead she waited until they would slow down. She hoped there was enough food to last the two, but then again, this kitchen was designed to withstand a lot of people\'s empty stomachs, it should last... Hopefully.
She decided to risk it and squize in to grabe some cheese, than quickly got out again to find some crackers. She ate her small snack, which did little to help the knawing feeling in her stomach, as she waited for the two to finish filling their bottomless pits.
  "Save some for me." She requested. "If it\'s not too much trouble."

Mojoluver

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 02:26:22 PM »
Mai stood there, as if she was invisible. She frowned. Mai took a few steps forward, taking out a block of cheese and a few sticks of celery. She looked at the pigs eating the meat. She shivered. Mai was a vegetarian.

She turned and saw Tris. She kindly handed her some cheese and a celery stick.
 "Pigs, listen!" Mai shouted over the loud hungery noises filling the kitchen.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 03:05:59 PM »
((Fell\'s the handle. Neer\'s the character, Raff :p ))

Neer raised an eyebrow at Raff for the "food eating savage beast" comment. "Who\'re you calling a beast?" he asked somewhat playfully, pulling a knife out of one of the many drawers around the kitchen. Sure, he could have just torn into the thing, but he wasn\'t trying to announce that he wasn\'t human. Instead, Neer cut off the topmost layer of scales, then dug in from there. He used the knife to cut out strips of meat, but just ate with his hands beyond that one. Neer wasn\'t patient enough to grab a fork.

She just going to eat that? Neer wondered as he glanced at Tris. At her request, though, he realised what was up. The dragon glanced over to where Raff was tearing through food like a madbeast, then back to Tris. "Want me to grab you something?" he asked politely, though his eating didn\'t slow much. You didn\'t really stop a hungry dragon from eating.

One of Neer\'s eyebrows ticked when Mai addressed him as "pig", however. He took another big bite of his fish, then turned to her with an all too mask-like cheerful expression on his face. There was a momentary sensation of blurring, almost, and then Neer was just to Mai\'s side, his back to her and his head tilted back to look at her.

"Pig?" he asked, the false-cheer still in his voice. "You really should be more polite." Neer almost floated backwards as he spoke so that, by the end of his words, he was facing her. "Got it?" the dragon asked sweetly, his mirrored eyes bordering on dangerous. He wouldn\'t hurt the students, no, but nor would he let them get away with calling him a "pig". Neer took insults seriously.

There was another blurring sensation, and Neer was perched happily back on the counter, looking for all the world as though he hadn\'t done anything. "Now, what was it you wanted?" he asked, his voice back to normal. Of course, there was no way they would take him for a servant now, but that was alright. He still might be a defiant student or something. Neer just couldn\'t have let it go.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2008, 02:00:16 AM »
Tris chuckled slightly at the sight of the two men attacking the food, taking no surivors. "He\'s right there, Raff." She said when Neer had retorted his savage beast comment. "You look more the beast than him." She smiled as she ate one of her crackers.

She turned her attention towards the dragon(she doesn\'t know he\'s a dragon) when he asked if he could get her anything. "Nah, I\'ll just wait \'til it\'s less dangerous. There should be plenty of food, after all you two aren\'t the only..." She paused for a moment as if trying to remember something. " \'food eating savage beasts\' in the school."

Trissa couldn\'t help but be slightly amazed at his almost blurring movements, and watched quietly as he talked to Mai about the whole pig business. She had started to think that she had mistaken him for a different person when thinking him a master, or that her mental list of teachers and masters and such was wrong. But he was certainly no servant, and Tris believed that if he was a student he was several levels higher than she. She had no doubt that he could easily best her in any sort of fight, mental, verbal or physical. Though it didn\'t really matter, not yet at least.

"As I said before, I can easily wait until it\'s safe to get some food, which won\'t be very long. But if you insist I was thinking about a nice steak." Tris\'s smile had reappeared the moment Neer had perched himself on the counter.

Raff_Kimimaru

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2008, 03:15:34 AM »
He got angered by Mai\'s comment of calling him a "pig", "Pig!" Raff shouted and then his hair flew back revealing the Dark Elven Mark of War on his face by accident, but he didn\'t pay attention to it,"I\'m a Half Demon and you will respect that, thank you." Raff said that calmly controlling his anger and putting his hair back in place quickly, and he kept eating beside Neer, and whispered,"You know,I have seen a lot of things, and you my friend are no slave that is for sure, your too strong, and I know your not human so go ahead and tell me." He asked as he just swallowed 3 fished whole down his throat, with his sharp pointed teeth.

Mojoluver

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2008, 04:12:24 AM »
Mai was startled by the ruckus she\'s caused. She felt herself blushing and her confidence shrinking. She turned to Tris.
  "Defensive, huh?" Mai whispered silently. Maii glanced at the two boys eating like there\'s no tomorrow. Mai\'s thoughts were racing through her head.
Why do they get respect and give me nothing? They treat me like dirt and all I did was spoke the truth. I deserve respect. This instant!

Mai stood up and walked torwards Dragon and Raff.
  "I\'m not giving you the respect until you give me the respect I deserve. I demand you guys think about this!" Mai\'s emotions were hard to read. There was anger, control, sadness, blah blah blah. So many emotions could make you dizzy. Most of them were portrayed on Mai\'s face, but other\'s were hidden.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2008, 05:26:36 AM »
Tris snorted lightly as she overheard Raff\'s comment to Neer. Well, don\'t we like pointing out the obvious? She thought to herself, but didn\'t say anything aloud.
 "There\'s a lot of defensive people in this school, and the only real problem is, most of them will kill you for offending them." She answered Mai\'s comment. "So it\'s best if you watch what you say, you just might offend somebody who\'s tougher than you, which is always just not cool." But her slight grin turned into a laugh as she snapped about respect.

Demand? Tris asked herself in thought. "You\'re one of those defensive people." She muttered under her breath. Remember what I said about watching what you say... She added silently, but did not say it aloud. She didn\'t bother to tell the girl that Neer, at least, could rip her to shreds if he wanted to. Even if he wasn\'t what she first thought him to be, he was still tougher than any person in this room.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2008, 07:41:02 AM »
Half demon explains a lot, Neer thought. The dragon didn\'t think the boy meant "demon" in the more colloquial sense, either - no, he seemed to be half true-demon, hell bred and all. Greeeaaaat, the dragon continued with a roll of the eyes. Half-demons and other demonblooded could turn out very powerful, sure - if they cold learn to control themselves. This one was definitely still working on it.

Neer was frankly confused by the half-demon\'s words. "Of course I\'m not a slave. There aren\'t any slaves here," he said carefully, looking at the other as though he might be a little slow. All part of the fun, though he did sort of wonder...

And then Mai made her outburst. Sometimes I forget how annoying students can be when it gets late, the master thought, slightly peevish at this point. "Want respect, huh?" Neer asked, his tone normal. He sunk his teeth into another strip of fish. "Earn it." Simple, true advice. Demanding respect in such a shrill manner was a sure way to get people to think of you as childish.

"Plus," Neer added, gesturing to Tris, "she\'s right. There\'re plenty of people here who\'ll kill you if you\'re not careful. Make sure you know who you\'re picking fights with." More simple advice. Still, it seemed like she needed it. Of all the students in the room, Neer thought he\'d have to give green-haired mortal the prize for most street-savvy.

Raff_Kimimaru

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2008, 07:53:17 AM »
"Hey,Neer, out of all the people in this school your one of the coolest, you think just like me, so you have my respect and friendship." Raff told him with a smile chomping on some meat, and then downing some kind of drink, he didn\'t know what the it was but he drank it anyway, and after he said that comment to Mai, Raff started laughing, well rephrase, not laughing just chuckling he thought it was hilarious.

Soon he moved the hair out of the way of his left eye, forgetting about the Dark Elven Mark for"War" on it, it was put on him by his father, his father was hoping it would make the demon part of him stronger,and make him stronger as well, his father wanted him to be one of the best Assassin\'s ever made.Which his father always tried to mold Raff into something he wanted and not something Raff wanted.

Raff quickly downed 3 hams in 20 seconds, and then opened a drawer, full of cookies and ate about 3 of them, moving back beside Neer, eating again out of the fridge flicking his tail back and forth, and staying right beside him, he then looked at Neer, wondering why would someone so powerful dress like a regular student? He himself could not be a student."So,Neer why do you dress like a student, there is no way someone as powerful as you could be a student?" Raff asked him as he ate another fish and even the bones for some reason.