Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Hungry in the night....  (Read 20124 times)

DeathsAngel

Re: Hungry in the night....
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2008, 07:58:24 AM »
Tris, seeing that the fight for the the food had slowed down enough and wasn\'t quite as dangerous, slide from her position on the counter and casually gestured Raff to give her some room so she could get some food. She had decided against a steak, instead she pulled out lettuce, tomato, three different types cheeses, bacon, ham, turkey, salami, and some other odds and ends of food, pulled them out and dumped them all on the counter. She went in search of a sub roll and a bread knife, after finding those she set on her quest to make herself a good sized sub.

Tris cocked an eyebrow as Raff spoke. He said the same thing about Ciery, too. Anybody who didn\'t call him a freak was cool. I guess it meant something if that\'s how you thought everybody saw you. She put everything away without a word, and jumped back on the counter slowly eating her sub.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008, 05:45:45 AM »
Neer was pretty surprised when Raff made his proclamation - he\'d picked up the half-demon\'s name when one of the girls had addressed him. That Raff knew his name, though, was even more of a surprise. He was sure he hadn\'t given it... Neer\'s suspicions were aroused immediately. One of the things he\'d learned in his time was simply that danger could come from even the most unexpected places. An unruly, low-level "student" could be an enemy assassin in disguise. Neer made a note to keep an eye on Raff. Perhaps it was paranoid, but at higher levels, paranoid was what kept you alive. Raff and the rest of these students would learn it eventually. Or die, Neer added with a sigh. So many did.

"Well, thanks," Neer said in response, sounding genuine and belaying none of what had gone on in his mind. "It\'s always nice to make a new friend." That much, at least, was true. Neer continued eating while Raff grabbed some more food, watching him carefully when he walked back over to seat himself beside Neer.

What? the dragon thought, first blinking, then laughing. "You haven\'t met many of the higher-level students, have you?" Neer asked after calming himself. A lot of the first-levels, or even second- or third-levels could pull off what he\'d just done. They probably couldn\'t pull it on each other, but on seventh-levels? It wouldn\'t be so hard for a savvy student. "A lot of them can do stuff like that. You\'ll see when you get up there," Neer added with a smile.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2008, 06:08:56 AM »
"So, Raff," Tris started in a friendly manner. "You seen Ciery lately?" She asked. "She didn\'t go to lessons yesterday, I was wondering if you knew where she was." She shrugged as if she didn\'t care. It was subtle teasing, but she just loved poking at the half-demon. She knew very well he didn\'t like her, and it wouldn\'t take much for her to anger him, but it was still fun to see how he would react. If he didn\'t then she would probably get a little more blunt.

"I\'m sure they can," she said the Neer. "After all, they\'ve been practicing for an awfully long time." She leaned back and finished her sub in two large bites. "So, how long you been here?" She asked the dragon.

Raff_Kimimaru

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 06:29:17 AM »
"Oh, she was hanging out with me all day." Raff said as he chuged a whole pitcher of water, "She just left my dorm actually, she is probably back at her room, I was going back to hers anyway to see what was up, but I had to get me a snack." Raff said as he found a big thing of Sasauge! he then gobbled that down like there was nothing in the world to eat, and he just found a stash someone left behind, he devoured it with great fury, lots of fury, even more fury then a lion attacking a tiger over the last gazel in a jungel.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2008, 07:12:37 AM »
She was in his dorm... He\'s heading up to hers? Tris asked herself silently. "Right." She giggled a little. She had many comments come to mind but swallowed them, she wouldn\'t say them in front of these two. She didn\'t want to get her ass kicked in "public" was more derict to the point. But he would hear them sooner or later.

Still hungry she got up and went back to the fridge to start pulling out random pieces of food until she had as reasonable sized pile. "I hope we don\'t drain their food supply." She joked. "I need something left over for tomorrow." She grabbed her food and went back to her seat and started to eat.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2008, 07:50:00 AM »
How long... Neer thought, pausing for a second. Did he even remember? It would take some counting if he wanted to figure it out. In the end, he just shrugged. "Long enough to know my way around," Neer said casually. He knew it wasn\'t really an answer, but he didn\'t feel like counting, or telling the truth even if he did. "What about you guys?" he asked in return.

Then the girl started asking about someone named "Ciery" as though she and Raff had something going on. The dragon raised an eyebrow, a sly grin creeping onto his face. "Are you two dating?" Neer asked, his voice simple curiosity. He\'d filed the name "Ciery" away in his memory as well. The dragon would be looking up all these students later on. If Raff was involved with this "Ciery", then Neer was curious about her as well.

Plus, neither of them should be skipping class.

Neer looked around the kitchen, mostly at the mess they made. "I\'m sure they\'ll have enough food for the morning. We will have to clean up, though," the dragon said, his voice hinting that they didn\'t have much of an option about that one. If they\'d made the mess, they would have to clean it up. It wasn\'t fair to make the servants do it after-hours.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2008, 10:58:40 AM »
((OOC: Yo, any of you guys mind if I play two characters?(I already know you don\'t, Raff) Cause I\'m considering doing that.))

Tris was about to comment on his carefully said answer when she suddenly start to laugh. "What me and him? Hell no! Sorry, I\'m not into guys who try to kill me for no reason." She leaned back. "Nah, he likes screwing my sister instead." She wondered how Raff would react to her blunt accusion.

"They might... But they sure as hell will notice a gap in their pantry." She chuckled lightly and shoved some dinner leftovers in her mouth cold. "Gah! This stuff is horrible!" She said in disgust as she took another bite.

Raff_Kimimaru

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2008, 08:39:26 AM »
Raff, then threw a needle filled with posin at Tris when she said that, missing her on purpose. "Hah, Hah.." He told her, and then looked at Neer, "And No. I would not go out with a damned asshole like that girl Tris over there. And yes I\'am dating her sister, plus she was in my dorm because she was sick, and didn\'t want anyone annoying her, and I would take time between classes to check on her. So I wasn\'t skipping." He told him, as he started cleaning the area already before anyone else did, he already had gotten pissed my Tris\'s comment.

Raff swept off the counters, swept the floor, and cleaned up around the counters. He then placed everything back where it was, thinking about killing her the whole time, but decided not to. He didn\'t want to much sisns to carry around. He then though to himself, maybe I do like screwing your sister..but at least she is not a whore like you Tris, plus. She was sick this time.

Raff kept thinking this because it was true, he then tried to look at a picture on the wall and couldn\'t see it, so he then pulled the hair back covering the elven mark for "War" on his face, as it was wide open. He didn\'t give a care who saw it anymore. He really didn\'t, he was pissed and didn\'t care.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2008, 01:30:43 AM »
Tris started to laugh at his response. "Oh, gods Raff, you are so gullible!" She commented leaning back. Sick... Yeah I believe that. She thought but decided not to tell him, he looked kind of pissed off and she didn\'t want to make it worse.

She shrugged. "Plus, he hates me." She added to her earlier answer. "I don\'t really know why... And he\'s got a slight anger issue. Like, he turns into this big ass demon thing whenever you really make him angry!" She said as she watched him clean the room and cocked an eye as his mark showed. Unlike Clearia she wasn\'t interested in it, thinking it was just another weird tattoo.

"You really should relax a bit... Take a joke." She suggested, knowing she really shouldn\'t have, it wasn\'t wise to push a half-demon that was angry and already hated you... Though she was curious as to why he hated her. It didn\'t bother her at all, she was just curious.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2008, 05:27:59 AM »
Neer finished off his fish, then began cleaning up the mess he\'d personally made. It wasn\'t big; the dragon was actually fairly neat when it came to eating, despite what one might think. "I didn\'t mean you two," Neer said with a grin. You don\'t smell like you are at all, and he sure doesn\'t seem to like you, he thought, but elected not to mention any of that out loud. "I meant you and... Ciery?" Neer paused, pretending to think about the name for a moment before shrugging. "Guess you\'ve answered that one, though," he added with a wink.

Big ass demon thing? Neer thought, quirking an eyebrow both at the description and at Raff\'s "war" marking. It was an interesting choice. Neer wondered why he\'d chosen it, and why he hid it. Still, those were matters of simple curiosity. "You can actually shapeshift?" Neer asked curiously, looking at the half-demon as he cleaned. The guy sure seemed angry...

"You\'re going to have to learn to control your anger," the master said, noting how the boy practically vibrated with it. A good assassin couldn\'t afford to be out of control, ever. "Emotionless" was a bit of a stereotyped extreme, but Neer wasn\'t preaching that. This guy would definitely need to learn how to keep his cool, though, no matter what house he was in.

Raff_Kimimaru

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2008, 09:19:44 AM »
Raff then glared over at him with one eye as he saw his mark. He then looked back down, his anger was kind of rising, but he was controlling it. He then tokk out his vial of medicine, which helps him controll it. He has to take this does, or it\'s a less chance of him ever controlling it, he then listened to Neer\'s question as he asked if he could shape shift. Raff laughed at that question in a evil manner, and manicaly.

Raff then turned his head all the way toward Neer, as his teeth were showing, and that longue tongue of his flopped out as he licked his lips, he then replied to Neer in a very low, but polite voice that sounded as it had a bit of anger, "Well, no not shape shifting. For some reason, the demon blood in me is strong than my human blood. So the first step is my eyes changing, my claws sharper, and my hair gets longer by a bit." Raff then nodded his head, and cleared his throat and told them more by saying. "And then when it really controls me, my hair gets past my back, and I gorw some horns, and my teeth grow sharper and longer, and my claws get 3 inches longer and I have darker eyes and my nails are 5 inches longer..."

He cleared his throat once more and then explained something to himself in as mumble, "And my dad gave me this mark, hoping it would make me stronger." He told him in a logical voice, going back to cleaning the counter.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2008, 07:09:08 AM »
((OOC: sorry it took so long to reply, I\'ve been suffering from writer\'s block))

Tris, too, cleaned up her share of the mess, though it wasn\'t much. Then leaned back and listened as Raff explained about his demon changing how he looked when he became angry enough... And of his vial. She decided this was important information and would keep it in mind, for what? She did not know, but it could be useful.

"See?" She shrugged. "Big ass demon thing." She opened a cabnit to see what was inside and pulled out what looked to be some sort of snack food that they had inbetween classes. She started to eat once again.

"He thought it would make you stronger..." Tris cocked an eyebrow. She wondered if his father was blind, and couldn\'t see the big sharp pointy teeth. But she decided not to ask him, it might make him angrier, and since he was already angry she judged that that would be a slightly bad idea.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2008, 07:46:21 AM »
Neer listened to Raff\'s description with impartial interest. Demi-shifting, sounds like, he thought, interested. The evil laughter that had prefaced it had kind of irked Neer, but he could live with it. Still, the dragon was more and more of the opinion that this was a kid who needed some very strict structure to his emotional life. I should look into getting him a personal tutor, the master thought. It would probably help.

It was interesting how Raff answered questions Neer hadn\'t asked. The dragon turned his attention to Tris. "There\'s a lot of power in runes, actually. I don\'t think that\'s one of them, but the idea isn\'t so unusual - or unlikely," Neer said with a bit of a smile. "We actually have some runecasters here. They\'re pretty quiet about it, though." Wislytig was the one he was thinking of - the one with the specialty of teleportation and translocation. It was dead useful when one was going on a mission far away.

"It\'s probably a good thing that isn\'t a real rune, though," Neer added, speaking to Raff again. "If it were... well, runic magic is tricky. A \'war\' rune would be..." Neer paused for a moment, looking upwards as he thought, "...bad." A simple, concise and entirely true conclusion.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2008, 08:01:01 AM »
Tris had very little interest in their conversation, though she skillfully hid it. She really couldn\'t care less about runes! Damn, he sounds like a master! She thought to herself. How does he know about the runes if their all-so hush-hush about it? Well, he\'s obviously been around for awhile. Tris thought he acted sort of stiffly sometimes, but she knew some people were just sticklers on some things. Like Ciery when it came to being strong... She had even considered relationships weak, now look at her! Ha!

"Bad? Really? In what way?" Trissa asked, her interest finally entering upon their conversation. SHe was always interested in things that "could be... Bad". "What would him having a war rune do?" She decided to be a little more specific with her question, her curiosity clearly showed within her eyes.

Raff_Kimimaru

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2008, 09:31:01 PM »
Raff knew something was a miss...how could a regular student know so much about runes? Raff knew this guy wasn\'t a student at all, he had to be a master of some sort, or apprentice...High Apprentice maybe. Hmmm....so it seems you know lots about runes huh Neer? Raff thought to himself in his mind, as he pondered that question for a bit. He knew something just wasn\'t right at all. Then when Tris said, "He thought it would make you stronger...?" Raff got angered. He loved his father a lot he was the demon in the family. He didn\'t know what kind becasue he didn\'t really pay attention. But still, that question angered him as he growled at Tris.

"Enough about my father Cretain!" He yelled at her and snarled, looking back at this counter near him, he then started rubbing one of his nails on it. Not scratching it, just slowly rubbing it in a circular motion as he thought of Ciery...Hope your still not sick. He thought to himself, and then looked at Tris again. Why is she such a bitch? He thought to himself, and laughed at it quietly, and then just kept looking at the counter, eating a cookie in his pocket.