Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: An Injury not sought...the bleeding heart !  (Read 21487 times)

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
Re: An Injury not sought...the bleeding heart !
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 05:01:45 AM »
Idrial watched as Raff dug into his steak, tearing into it like a wild animal that hadn’t ate for almost a month. That was to be expected since he had suffered such a nasty wound that would have killed him had she not come along. He took a large swig of his Vodka without choking on it, obviously he had drank it quite regularly. Idrial listened as he asked her a question; she finished chewing it before she answered Raff in a thoughtful voice.

“Most likely theory I would imagine, paperwork, notes that sort of boring stuff. Most level sevens learn about theory within the classroom.”

She watched as he searched his waist frantically only to pull out a large blade from nowhere. He fastened it to his back; it was an impressive blade she thought to herself. She set down her plate on the nearest table and grabbed her blades that were lying on the bed. The ones she had taken off earlier, she unsheathed both of them with lightening speed.

These were the blades she had gotten with November of Mid-summers eve; they were black as night but glowed light blue when she was channeling magick through them and they were balanced perfectly as if they were made for her only. She had found that she could wield larger amounts of magick at 100 times the magnitude while holding the blades in her hands. But she could only control the simplest spells with the blades, hard spells were almost impossible for her but she was learning slowly.

“I’m more of a dagger and bow person myself.”

She grabbed the bow and laid it on her lap another thing she had got form her Mid-summers eve adventure with November.

Raff_Kimimaru

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 05:45:25 AM »
"Yea,I have a bow, but i left it in my dorm back at the Cruori house." Raff said to her and then looked over his bow was very elegant indeed, so elegant that he hardly used it it was made from steel, but it was not normal it was a Demon Bow, not many were left in the world but some how he had taken one, humans can not touch these if so they would die instantly, half demons can wield them but, can\'t use them as well as demons, but for Raff, he only used it in his Demon form which took him over sometimes like earlier.

He uses that bow only on certain precautions, only when he really needed to, because it is so strong that, if you pull back to far and let go the force behind it could break your arm; this is why Raff hardly used it, he never pulled it back all the way, only a really strong demon could do that, but this bow was magnificent. It\'s a black color with green outlines, with a red Aura around it, and the arrows it shoots become enchanted with demon like qualities to amp there power.

However, if the person is weaker than the bow, the person can be taken over  by it\'s power and kill random people for instance, this is why, many half demons could not wield it;Raff stood there watching here and after telling her that he said "But,I don\'t really show it to people." He told her as he scratched his head softly finishing his steak and vodka.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 12:06:22 PM »
Idrial nodded so he too was familiar with the art of archery, it took extreme amounts of dedication to master the craft. Idrial was no master yet but she was pretty dam close to it, only missing once in a blue moon. Still that was not acceptable in her standards; she had to be perfect in every shot she took for one miss could end her life in this profession. She laid her daggers down and picked up her bow while taking an arrow form her quiver.

“This may look like an ordinary bow but it is not, it was a gift from the fairies in Fae realm on what they call Mid-Summers Eve as were the daggers. The daggers allow me to wield large amounts of magick that would surely kill anyone that tried to use so much magick at once. The bow allows me to do just the same, if I want to hit multiple enemies with one arrow all I have to do is say so in Gaelic  …Chaiosa, Lightosa and Bediara”

She quickly drew back on the bow and released it; the arrow flew through the air with ease, first hitting the chair on the far side of the room, it smashed the chair into tiny splinters. It then flew over her head and smashed the light behind them, the oil exploded in which flames licked the walls. She grabbed the dagger and yelled the word for water; a large and thick stream of water emerged for the dagger and put the flames out instantly. It then landed beside her on the bed with a solid thunk. She picked it up and placed it back in her quiver.

“Although I could hear in you voice that the bow you have is not an ordinary bow … Correct?”

Raff_Kimimaru

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 12:13:16 PM »
"No, It\'s not." Raff told her but he did not want to tell her what kind of bow it was, he didn\'t want anyone to know really, he didn\'t want to show anyone except for humans if even that because humans could not touch it or they would die, which he had to agree because his bow is not ordinary at all he just didn\'t want to show it to Idrial at all, or else..he might could get in troubler or Idrial might take it.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 02:01:13 PM »
Idrial was intrigued that he did not enclose any further on what kind of bow he had in his possession. Either he was one of those men that liked to leave someone hanging in a mysterious way or he was afraid that she was going to take it. It was normal for someone to think like that, she was paranoid about someone taking her precious weapons for many months until she got use to the fact if anyone did they would have to deal with her. She nodded at Raff not going any further on the subject, besides she was not someone that would simply go and take someone’s weapon. It was against what morals she had been left with after she had entered the academy so many years ago and completed her training to become what she was today.

“I have to check your chest, this might sting or tickle a little… Hopefully you won’t mind.”

She gently sat on his bed and placed her finger tips on his chest and closed her eyes, guiding her magick through his heart as carefully as she could. The last thing she needed was to kill the kid because of a stupid mistake on her part. So far there was no real damage to his heart; in fact it was in actuality a very strong heart. She felt her magick jolt a little, there was something not right with that area of his heart.

She let her magick slowly go back and forth over it until she could identify the problem, a small vein was leaking into his heart. She quickly cauterized the vein before moving on and cauterizing a few other little problems on the way. She was satisfied and slowly pulled her magick out of his chest and opened her eyes removing her hand.

“You should be right as rain, a few problems with some ruptured veins but nothing I couldn’t fix.”

She suddenly felt a large object hit her in the head, she turned sharply to see Redaja standing there weapons pulled out, ready to fight her. She rolled her eyes and in moved in a speed that was inhuman. She grabbed the boy by the neck and slammed him against the wall. She changed into her werewolf form, the boy started to scream and she dropped him. She then turned back into her human self, and walked back to the bed across from Raff.

“I swear if that kid gets killed I’m going to dance on his fucking grave. This is the third time has had tried to fight. Obviously he hasn’t learned that I am not someone who you want to go up against. You want some bow practice I would be grateful if you used him as a bloody target.”

She shook her head, one day she was going to get angry and kill the kid. Whether it is intentionally or not.

Raff_Kimimaru

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 02:11:15 PM »
Raff felt a tickling sensation go through his chest but he tried not to squirm,he didn\'t but almost did after she did that he laughed really hard and then laughed even more at the comment she said,"Well,I really don\'t use my bow on weak humans like him really I save it for opponents way stronger than me, like I said it  is not a normal bow, nor is mine a play toy." He told her very strictly but not mean just saying if he was to practice, he really wouldn\'t waste his time on a little prick like him.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 02:32:10 PM »
Idrial nodded at Raff, he had a point there the human wasn\'t really worth there time or there wasting there energy on for that matter. Still the matter of his bow still clawed at her for some reason. She pushed it in the very back of her mind; it was not her business to pry into the lives of others if they were not willing to share it.

“May I ask how many years you have been an archer?”

Raff_Kimimaru

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 02:49:33 PM »
"Let\'s see, My father taught me how to wield and shoot and everything that goes into that category at age seven, and I\'m 17 now, so for about 10 years."
Raff told her logically looking straight at the roof of the Infirmary, it was weird looking to Raff for some reason, he kept thinking about it and thinking about, but he just couldn\'t stop for some reason.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 04:38:35 AM »
Idrial smiled at the boy, so he was not a beginner in the craft of archery. Though he was not a master at it either, still it was to meet someone that took the craft seriously instead of a joke. She had met many of those people within the academy, thinking that it was easy to master and yet it was not.

“Lets see my father introduced me to archery when I was about eight years old, I’m twenty eight now so I’ve been doing it for almost twenty years.”

She smiled at him; she had been doing this for a while and would continue to do it until she died. The bow had become apart of her in a sort of way, apart of her mind, body and soul.

Raff_Kimimaru

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2008, 04:45:17 AM »
"Well, it is nice to see someone who likes Archery as well, and doesn\'t take it as any kind of weak weapon of choice, Archery to me is very useful when needed for stealthy long ranged missions, and because i love using my bow." He explained and then took out his poisoned needles and started sharping all of them with a file filling the tips, and the edges of the needles on both sides.

Raff sat up while he was sharping them slowly and then re poisoned them with, a vial marked with the words,"Demonic Poison." But, not marked in English, it was marked in some weird language with weird ancient markings and Raff dipped each tip of them in the poison and carefully, really carefully, put them back in the quiver hidden by his robe on his leg.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2008, 05:15:27 AM »
Idrial watched as Raff pulled out what looked to be poisoned needles, so he too loved to dip his weapons in some type of poison. Idrial could not read what kind of poison he liked to use since the vials weren’t labeled in English. She watched as he very carefully dipped each needle into the vials before concealing them on his leg. So he too took an interest in poisons.

“I see you take an interest in poisons as well, I take more of an interest in flesh eating and paralyzing poisons. Which do you use to kill your victims?”

It was unusual for someone from the Curio house to have an interest in poisons and archery. They were famous for getting close to there victims; feeling there victims last breath being drained from there bodies. Of course there were always exceptions in each house.

Raff_Kimimaru

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2008, 05:31:18 AM »
"Well,yes. I only use them for Diversions, or to Slowly weaken them with the poison, and then take them out closely cherishing the last drop of blood they have to give sorry for being so violent, the Cruori house made me like this over the 2 years i have been here, and the fact i was an Assassin before coming here. I wanted to see if I could improve my skills, which I kind of have." He explained this very logically indeed, he did love cherishing the last bit of blood they dropped yes, but indeed loved to weaken opponents stronger than him.

Raff then, pulled out the steel tipped arrows on his quiver on his back re-tipping them, and lining them with a weird substance, he did this carefully as well, and slowly put them back in there and re-covered the quiver up to be hidden by his robe, and also took out the two hidden blades under his wrists and sharpened them with a file as well, but sharpened them longer than any of the other ones, in fact they looked sharper than a straight razer, way sharper.

"Might as well sharpen and re-fix some of my weapons while I\'m in here, not really much else to do right? well, I could rest or something, but I prefer to do this." He told her as he kept sharping that one and pricked his finger with it and re-cleaned it, and began sharping the other one, right after he was done with that one.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2008, 06:12:04 AM »
Idrial watched as he pulled numerous weapons that were strapped onto him, she could not believe how he could move with so many weapons and not cut or stab himself. She watched as he took out each weapon, steel tipped arrows that were dipped in poison as well. Knives that were razor sharp from all the sharpening they had received, she watched as Raff finished sharpening one and started on the other. She carefully took the knife and played with it in her hands, speaking more towards herself than Raff.

“Nice balance between the handle and the blade … Kept in good condition.”

She took the blade to her arm and lightly touched it to her arm, she pulled back on it and a large gash appeared on her arm. Blood poured from her arm only for it to heal a few seconds later.

“Razor sharp, how a blade should be kept. You take very good care of your weapons Raff.”

She wiped the blade of her blood and placed it back beside him on the bed.

Raff_Kimimaru

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2008, 06:16:30 AM »
"Thank you, I try to keep them in the best of shape that I actually can really, It\'s not everyday I get to clean, sharpen, fix, and prosper my weapons, why the last time I cleaned and sharpened them was about, well, a month ago.But yes I try." He told her still sharping his blade with good care as he carefully slipped it back on to his arm after he was done cleaning it.

"Well, that\'s about all my weapons except for my bow, but It\'ll be alright I guess, doesn\'t really need any repair actually, I keep it in way better shape then any other of my weapons except for my blades.Well actually that\'s a lie.It\'s in way better shape than my blades." He told her looking down still fasting that one blade under his wrist still.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2008, 11:37:41 AM »
“That is good to hear … Nothing worse than being in a situation with weapons that are ineffective against the enemy.”

She looked at Raffs face; he seemed to have most of his color back in his face. She was glad too see that the demon responded well to her treatment, if you could even call what she did treatment. She walked over to the medicine cabinet and rummaged through there for a few minutes.

She walked back to him with two bottles in her hands and set them on the table beside him. One bottle was red and the other a sort of sickly yellow type of color.

“Alright the red bottle is painkillers in case your chest starts to ache once again; you can only take these once every six hours. The pills in the yellow bottle are antibiotics; you take these every three hours for a one week. Any Questions?”

Idrial leaned back a little on the bed.