Author Topic: Curious  (Read 3030 times)

DoTheLimbo

Curious
« on: March 14, 2008, 07:15:07 AM »
I\'m just kinda curious. How many of you peoples have been to a gay club?

Risk made me think of this. And I just wonder if anyone has any stories about clubs in general (and when I say clubs, I mean clubs... not a concert or an all-ages music venue)

Yeah just curious.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Curious
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 02:55:05 AM »
I haven\'t yet, unfortunately. I\'m still under 21 - just a couple more years, though. I figure I\'ll check it out then, because I\'m curious! :p

I\'m assuming you have and do (have stories, that is)?

DoTheLimbo

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 06:18:54 AM »
Go to an 18+ one! Lol some have a 18+ floor and then once they stop serving liquor let the crowds mix.

Yeah, I go to one in the big city alot (lol). It\'s a lot like the clubs in Queer As Folk only ... much darker inside and less talking.

I like them except when there are straight guys there trying to hit on girls, they\'re very stupid and very drunk most of them and also not the best looking. I (almost...sortadid) got in a fight with one guy that kept hitting on one of my friends even when she said no. I get rustled quickly enough (haha... if anyone on this site hasn\'t noticed) and that goes for in real life too.

I have a hunch eventually here I\'m going to get into a physical brawl because my friends are just too damn cute for guys to leave alone even in a gay club.

Anyways, lalala... They play good  electronic music too.

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 12:48:03 PM »
We used to go to the gay clubs because they were safer for girls; the guys were only interested in guys and the lesbians were easily deterred with, "I\'m straight."  They also play the best music and usually have the most creative club designs as far as dance floors, seating, bars and retreat type areas go - you also find the toilets tend to be unisex, so you see some sights in there, that\'s for damn sure (tranny princess coming down off an e high, anyone?)!

I always had more fun in gay clubs than normal ones because everybody\'s a bit looser but with the wildness came excessive amounts of drug taking that I didn\'t like at all.

For a while, I went to a gay pub with my lesbian friend, to play in pool competitions but got very sour on the place after my bag was stolen.  Still, the atmosphere there was great and everyone was a lot of fun  (less fun was being the designated driver who had to wait in the car park at the army base while my tipsy friend walked her new lesbian pickup back to her army barrack room {dorm?} at midnight and didn\'t come back for an hour, lol).

Ah, those were the days.  I\'m old and stodgy now, clubs are for 18 year olds (which is the legal age in Australia); I\'d be petrified to even walk into one now! :)

Ashlei

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 04:54:29 AM »
there aren\'t too many around where I live but there is a new one being built down the street that me and my friends plan to visit once it is done.:o

Blood Pet

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 12:39:39 PM »
I used to go to straight clubs because I was afraid to go to a gay club, to be honest. But I finally went and had a BLAST! The music was better, there were a LOT of people, and I just... felt right. I loved it.