Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Free time  (Read 14010 times)

highonlullabies

Re: Free time
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 05:42:14 AM »
"Me too," Ky agreed when Serrian when she said that she preferred cloudy days. "But when it rains on a cloudy day, that\'s my favorite."

"Does your pet not like me? He seems uncomfortable."

Tal bristled angrily, and Ky grimaced.

"Tal is a she," Ky corrected. "And Tal doesn\'t like anyone when she first meets them. She is my protector," Ky announced, and knew that it wasn\'t a complete lie to say that Tal didn\'t like anyone at first, Tal was very distrusting of people, which helped balance out Ky. But she had liked at least one other person when she first met them... other than Ky.

Tal jumped onto the table, and looked at Serrian, then at Nitor. Ky knew that most of her dislike was targeted at Nitor, but that didn\'t mean that she liked Serrian. Especially after Serrian called Tal a he. Tal was generally more distrustful of men, and Ky was the only male she had ever liked, but then again, Ky wasn\'t the most manly of males.

Ky watched Tal sniff the air in front of Nitor, and then sneeze. She then ran back to Ky and curled up on his lap, shivering. She looked up at Ky with eyes of fear, not distrust, not dislike. Fear.

Tal never gets scared... She\'s fearless... Ky thought, and went to look over at Nitor, when Tal bit his hand. Not hard enough to draw blood, but enough to get his attention. \'Don\'t look into his eyes.\' Tal told him, and he looked questioningly down at her. \'He\'s not human.\'

Ky immediately feared for Serrian.

"Umm... Nitor? What are you? Are you human? Do you have some other race way back in your bloodline?" Ky inquired.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 06:19:12 AM »
"It\'s easier for my... Practices." She replied. He could probably guessed what she practiced without her telling him, he didn\'t seem to like it when people spoke of death. She was playing it nice this year, she continued to remind herself. "Sorry," she said to Tal, not really sorry.

As Ky asked Nitor his question she looked up with curiosity. He actually might be, it would be useful bit of information if he wasn\'t. She didn\'t trust anyone completely, so she would learn as much about Nitor as she could.

Offline Shadowstorm

• Halflight Admin
  • Senior Editor
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 04:11:12 AM »
Nitor\'s smirk widened, watching the animal\'s reaction to him as she skittered across the table to get closer to Ky. Of course the ermine was uneasy, at his very presence...let alone when she got close enough to sense the very corruption he brought to the air around him.
Chaos..

"A very bold, forward question, I must say," was his first reply, fingers drumming across the table where the ermine had just been.
His eyes fell to the animal, head cocked to one side with the slightest hint of accusation. Humans were rarely suspicious until it was too late...but this animal was getting in the way of his fun.
Although, he did admire one that couldn\'t be fooled...

"...and one that I can only answer with the assumption that I am. My parents were both human, as were their parents, thus it follows that I am, unfortunately, as mortal as they are."

His eyes shifted to Serrian, attempting to make eye contact with her. Time for gentle play was slipping away like sand. His real question was whether or not ambition conquered fear. Sometimes it did, sometimes it didn\'t...that game was the most interesting part...

"If you wish to be taught, Serrian, you may meet me under cover of tonight\'s moon at the doors to the South Wing. Now, if you\'ll both excuse me, I\'m afraid I have an appointment to meet."

"Farewell, Ky...and Tal."
Pulling his purple sash tight, the flaxen-haired assassin swept out of the library, the grin still stretched across his sunken features.

[I shall bow out for the moment - if Serrian wishes to be trained, Nitor can always make another appearance!]

DeathsAngel

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 04:34:02 AM »
((OOC: Oh, she\'ll show... She\'s too gullible not to, lol! The thought of getting a lot better faster than everyone else is too good to pass for her))

Serrian knew she should be suspicous of him, and that she probably shouldn\'t go, but how pleasant the images that filled her mind. Ones of beating all the idiots who advance so much faster than she, than looking down at their dead corpses, she bit her lip as she debated whether she should go or not. Though no matter how much she thought and dabated with herself, she knew she would show.

"Good day, Nitor." She replied politely, not giving him an answer. He probably already knew that she was going to show. After he had left she turned to Ky. "Interesting man, don\'t you agree?" She asked restarting their conversation, though her mind not entirely on it.

highonlullabies

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 01:38:22 PM »
Ky listened to Nitor\'s response, taking it in, and knowing that it was in fact the truth, but feeling that something was missing. When he left, he felt lighter, as if Nitor\'s very presence added something to the air. Something... chaotic. Ky had no other way of describing it.

"Bye..." Ky replied.

"Interesting man, don\'t you agree?"

Ky turned back to Serrian. "Well... he was... interesting... But, Tal doesn\'t like him, and I don\'t think you should train from him. He seems dangerous... well, assassins are dangerous, but..."

Ky was at a loss of words to describe Nitor. And Ky was never at a loss of words. He knew that Serrian wouldn\'t listen to him, she wanted to learn, like any good assassin.

"Please, be careful when around him..." Ky told her gently.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 08:44:17 AM »
"He\'s evil." Serrian said, trying to put a word to Ky\'s feeling. "And that\'s alright with me. I\'m not that good myself." She shrugged. She would meet with him wether it was dangerous or not, she knew this for certain. If she decided to not meet him, she would anyways. Why bother fighting it?

She smiled slightly, though it looked more like a smirk, but all her smiles did. It had something to do with her arrogance. "I\'m always careful, healer." She replied. "I\'m trained to be careful." She was not trying to be unkind or anything, though she might give off that impression, she was simply stating what she believed to be fact. "But I\'ll make double effort for your comfort." She said, not sure that she really would. BUt it was good to play it nice with the healers, after all she just might end up needing his help one day.

highonlullabies

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 01:46:49 PM »
"He\'s evil."

That was true. Ky had never really believed that anyone was truly evil, but with Nitor, that belief wavered. Evil... Ky thought, the word almost not registering in his mind. He had just known the word, but he had never used it.

"Well... you\'re nicer than Nitor. You\'re my... friend," he told her, but then frowned slightly. "Thanks. I don\'t want to have to see my friends in the infirmary."

His inner clock said that his free time was almost up, and he didn\'t want to be late in getting back to the infirmary. Tal hopped up onto his shoulder, and he stood up, clutching the book to his chest. "It was nice to meet you!" He told her, immediately back to his normal, cheery self, so that no one would ever know that he had ever been anything other than happy. "I have to go, though. I\'ll see you around, though!"

Ky waved \'bye\' to Serrian, and then turned and left the library. How can anyone be... evil? He wondered as he left.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 01:52:57 AM »
((OOC: Are you ending the roleplay or something?))

I\'m only nicer for now... Though I don\'t know how long that will last. Serrian thought to herself, but she looked up when he called her his friend. She never before had had a friend, or anybody who had wanted to be known as her friend.

"Thanks," She smiled and actual real smile. "I\'ll try my best." She stood up when he did, an automatic response. "It was nice to meet you to, Ky. I hope to you, too." SHe nodded her head in goodbye. After he had left she sat down on the chair. Maybe there\'s more to being nice than what I first thought... It\'s nice to have someone call you \'friend\'. She thought on that for awhile, than absently went back to studying her book, checking the time every now and then so that she wouldn\'t be late for her meeting with Nitor.

highonlullabies

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 05:55:26 AM »
((OOC, yeah, but we can roleplay together again if you want to. It was fun.))