Author Topic: An Innocent Day Turns Deadly  (Read 33969 times)

DeathsAngel

Re: An Innocent Day Turns Deadly
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2008, 04:37:13 AM »
Malken slowly sat up once more, and just looked at her beautiful face for a moment. Gods, how he loved this woman, and he had changed since he had came up to her that evening, though he could still see her in the dress. No other lady in the entire ball had looked as stunning as Keara had, standing there in her regalness.

"As my lady commands, though it does strain me so. I shall tare myself from your side to again be joined with you in a few minutes... Though I will not have you rushing. You\'re still wounded and you need to move slowly so that you do not hurt yourself further." He looked down at her and smiled and kissed her once more before standing to take his leave. He didn\'t turn around until he had shut the door behind him, and then it was so that he could lean on it, close his eyes and just, emotionally swim in the love he felt for her.

After washing himself, dressing in his usual flamboyant outfit, though one could tell he did not put all his heart into as he usually did. His mind was still distracted by thoughts of Keara.

"WHat?" He asked, he hadn\'t heard was Liliya, the cook had asked him.
"I merely said that you were up early, and what would you like from your morning meal?" She repeated herself, a small, knowing smile appeared on her face. Somehow Malken knew that she knew what he was feeling.

"Whatever you have cooking would be marvelous!" Malken returned her smile with a broad one of his own, and embraced his old friend and sat next to his father.
 "You seem awfully happy this morning." Sir Belron grumbled.
 "I checked on Keara before I came here, and she\'s doing absolutely wonderful. Though I told her to take it easy." Malken answered as started to eat and wait for Keara to make her appearance.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2008, 05:26:57 AM »
Keara nodded at him as he reminded her of the condition that she was in, it wouldn’t do any good in rushing. The last thing she needed was to move to fast and open up the half healed wound on her stomach. He once again kissed her before getting up to leave, walking in a brisk sort of way. Only to turn around and smile at her before he shut the door. She lay back on the pillow for a few moments before forcing herself slowly to place her legs on the cold floor.

She looked around the room and saw a closet on the far side of the room; it just had to be on the far side of the room. She then looked around for anything that she could use, she saw a cane that would be perfect and proceeded to get off the bed slowly. It seemed like forever before she reached the cane; it was sturdy yet light weight perfect for moving around. She walked over to the closet in an awkward stride and opened the doors; a smile appeared on he lips. There in the closet hung a rode, she grabbed it carefully and placed it over her body. It was very plush and warm on her skin and she proceeded towards the door opening it with her hand. There stood her Aunt Millia in shock that the door had opened and that Keara was up.

“Good lord my child your up, I though you would be still sleeping. Everyone is up and in the kitchen.”

Keara nodded and followed her Aunt, the cane thumping on the floor. As she rounded around the corner she could see everyone sitting at the table, both Sir Belron and her father looked like hell. It was obvious that her Aunt had been up all night arguing with them, she nodded before taking a seat at Malken’s side. Millia set a cup of dark liquid that looked like thick molasses.

“Drink this.”

“Not this stuff again.”

“Either you drink it or I’ll shove it down your throat. Take your pick Keara.”

Keara gave a disgusted look as she picked up the glass; she downed it in one gulp and placed the glass down on the table. She screwed up her face to the point she had to violently shake her head. Thomas couldn’t help but laugh at the sight of his daughters face. Slowly the bitter taste subsided and she gave a glare towards her father, which just made him laugh harder.

“One of these days I’m going to slip that stuff into your drink, and then I’ll have the last laugh.”

Thomas shook his head with still a slight smile on his face, she was alive and that was all that mattered as of now. He reached across the table and gripped her hand, giving it a light squeeze. Keara though now was the time to tell her father the news; she looked at Malken then back to her father.

“Um father there is something that I have to tell you … Malken proposed to me last night and I said yes … I’m engaged.”

Thomas sat there still gripping her hand; he could not believe what he had just heard. He looked towards Belron to hear what he had to say on the unexpected news.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2008, 05:48:21 AM »
Malken didn\'t notice how hungry he was until Liliya had placed the food on his plate and he had started to eat. He realized that he hadn\'t had any food since breakfast yesterday, and found himself almost shoving the food down his own throat when Keara and Aunt Millia appeared.

He stood up and smile at Keara as she took her seat, he watched her carefully as she drank her aunt\'s tea and rubbed her back sympathetically. "It\'s alright, Keara, it won\'t last long." Though he felt the almost uncontainable urge to laugh along with Thomas, but he controlled himself. Just.
He did, however, laugh when she commented on slipping the stuff into his drink, and patted her back lightly.

But all laughter left him quite suddenly as she spoke next as Malken\'s face lost all color and he lowered his head to the table. He had thought that they would wait awhile yet before telling their fathers... Let\'s say, until after they were married would have worked well for Malken.

Belron dropped his froke and just stared at the two for a moment. "You did WHAT last night? Exactly how late was it when you did said proposal?" He asked, his voice deadly calm. Which scared Malken more than any yelling could.

"I\'m sorry father, I wasn\'t watching the time, so I\'m afraid I haven\'t the faintest idea." He mumbled through his arm, which he had placed on the table to slightly comfort his head.

He could hear his father controlling himself as he spoke next. "We\'ll discuss this later, son. For now, I seem to have no choice but to offer my... Blessings." It was forced, he felt more like beating his son to death than offering his blessings. But he would have regreted that later. For now, he was calm. For now.

Malken felt like crying.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2008, 11:12:58 AM »
Thomas slowly let go of Keara’s hand, he looked at Millia with a neutral face. The look on his was clearly asking if Keara was alone with the boy all night. Millia eyes could not meet his own; he leaned back in his chair while closing his eyes. He let out a deep sigh and his hands were balled into fists underneath the table which couldn’t be seen. He opened his eyes slowly and looked at the boy, his were unusually calm and it scared Keara a little. He looked at the boy and spoke in a calm voice.

“You’re dead …”

Before Keara could say anything her father leaped across the table, his hands outstretched for the boys throat. His rough hands coming in contact with his fleshy throat, rage consumed him for what the boy had done. They were both on the ground his hands closing on his throat, he yelled furiously at Malken.

“You think marriage will change the fact that you were in a room alone with my daughter! She was sick and you took advantage of her. You son of a bitch I’m going to …”

Thomas couldn’t finish his sentence before he was struck in the head with an object that forced him off of Malken. He looked up to see Millia with a frying pan in her hand, Thomas slowly got back up and walked to the chair on the far side of the room still glaring at the boy. Millia nodded at Keara to speak, her glare towards her father and Sir Belron was very cold. She had a nasty temper one that many people fear, even herself. She spoke in a low but spine tingling voice.

“Nothing happened in that room, the only thing we did was talked that is it. So what ever idea you have in both of your heads, shove it in a box and bury the damn thing.”

“I will not shove it in a box and forget it; you barely know each other for crying out loud. Then out of the blue you agree to spend the rest of your lives together. What happens if it doesn’t work out Keara?”
“It will work because I know it will in the depths of my heart.”

“And if it doesn’t … Divorce is something not taken lightly Keara. It’s almost as bad as having the label shame branded on your forehead. People do not even go to that option, they live together miserable for the rest of there bloody lives. ”

“You think that I do not know that, I know that this will work because my heart is …”

“Shut up, I do not want to listen to another word.”

“You will listen, I love him and nothing you will say or do can change how I feel about him. That is FINAL!”

She slammed her fist on the table which caused her father to jump; he could see the pure rage that could be clearly seen in her eyes. Even Millia stepped a pace backwards, she knew Keara was now a ticking time bomb. She looked at Thomas with pleading eyes to not say another word; it was obvious he was going to ignore her as he leaned forward in the chair. He was full of rage and he would not let her get away with saying the last word.

“You do not have the authority to say to me that the decision is final. You are my child not the other way around. Remember your place Keara Oya.”

Keara glared at her father with cold eyes, only to look away and shake her head. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing from her own father. Millia looked at Thomas with intense eyes towards the man; she had forgotten how cold they both could be towards each other. Millia went to place a hand on Keara’s shoulder but was quickly shoved with a flick of her hand. She slowly rose from the table, and walked past her father and stopped speaking in a cold voice.

“Maybe you should remember that for now I am yours to rule over, but one day that time will end. When it does I will no longer have to remember my place … Thomas Oya.”

And with that she walked out of the room and onto the porch. She stared aimlessly at the sky. Millia shook her head at Malken, the slightest thing would trigger her anger and she was not up to treating someone this early in the morning. She glared at Thomas not knowing what to say, but know she could see that he was upset by how he had reacted towards Malken and his daughter.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2008, 08:28:58 PM »
Malken regreted that he had never learned to fight the moment the two words had been said. Strange how two words could change his entire life for better or for worse. A simple "I will" had made him the luckiest man on the planet and another "you\'re dead" had, to be said simply, not.

Millia was just seconds before Belron, who would have, at the moment, killed the man who attacked his son. It was one thing for Millia to stop him but another if Belron had been able to, that, one way or the other, would have ended very bloody indeed.

And then they started yelling. Malken heard it from a distance, not really caring. His life was over, his love was over, he knew this. He would never be able to see Keara again, which would be the end of him. For how was he to live without her?

"THAT\'S ENOUGH!" Sir Belron yelled as her fist hit the table. "You both will stop this gods-cursed nonsense RIGHT NOW!" But they didn\'t. Thomas had to get his last words in, and Belron felt as if he was going to rip that man\'s throat out for it. He wasn\'t sure if the man knew exactly what he was doing to the two, but he knew that there was a right way to approached this and a wrong way... Thomas had chosen the latter.

"Keara!" Malken yelled as he saw her run away. He hadn\'t even bothered listening to their argument, he knew what had been said without hearing it. "Keara." He repeated a lot quieter, grabbing her arm, forcing her to stop and spinning her around so that he held her close to him.

He pushed her away slightly so that he could look at her face. "I thought we agreed that after breakfast we\'d discuss how we\'d break it to them." He joked lightly, then pulled her against him once more. "But no matter, it was a mistake and mistakes can be fixed if one has the heart to do so." He refused to believe that he could be denied of her. "If nothing else, which shall go back to my original idea and elupe!" He continued, not wanting silence for fear of her hearing the continued yelling downstairs and upsetting her more.

"WHAT IN THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM MAN?" Belron yelled as if he was talking to a Trainee who had just made an extremely fatal, and extremely stupid mistake. "Does the concept of thinking come hard to you?" He continued to yell.

The knight knew that he probably should be more calm about approaching this man\'s anger, but he was too angry himself to try and not yell. A girl his son had just met and confessed to them that they had spent the night together, whether they had just talked or not was completely beside the point, and came out of it engaged, this man, whom he found that he indeed likes, just tried to kill his son, that so-called brave Aunt Millia isn\'t doing anything about the whole situation and Belron felt as if he wasn\'t going to explod and just kill everyone in the whole building!

But he forced himself to control his emotions. "Thomas, you will sit down." He continued, no longer yelling but you could tell he was in his full, high ranking command right then. "Millia, you, too, if you please." Much more politely, but still it was not a request. "Now, Thomas, you will not speak with either of the two until Millia and I have had a chance to. And then you will hear them out with a reasonable ear! Because you are behaving like a spoiled child and if you are going to be irrational you will do it on your own time and not in my house!" You could see in his eyes that he was controling his anger very well indeed.

"We will give them a few minutes to calm down... And to calm myself down. Liliya!" He called out to the cook. "You know what I need." She appeared awfully fast for someone who supposedly hadn\'t been there. With Liliya he wasn\'t sure whether she\'d gossip this or not, but wasn\'t too worried about it. But midday the whole country side would know of it.

The cook came back with three jugs with extremely strong ale in it. SHe handed one to each of the people in the room. "Drin\', help calm t\'nerves be\'er \'an any herbal tea I know" She ordered softly and "disappeared" once again.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2008, 05:31:35 AM »
Thomas said nothing as Belron asked what his problem was, he only glared at the man who yelled at him like he was some solider that had just joined the ranks of an army. He lowered his gaze to his hands for he did not know what came over him; he had never lost his temper like that for almost a decade. He quietly sat in his chair going over the seen in his mind, attacking the boy with blinded rage and of course yelling at his own daughter while using some very wounding words.  

Millia did not hesitate when Belron told her to sit; she kindly nodded her head and sat with grace on the chair. She couldn’t believe how Thomas had reacted towards Keara; she only looked at him and slightly shook her head. She knew they both Thomas and Keara had explosive tempers, but this was the worst she had seen from the both of them. She had to agree with Belron that he was acting childish towards such a matter.

As the maid offered her the drink she graciously nodded towards the servant, Thomas took the bottle in his hands. He made no motion as too drink from the bottle; he was still trying to sort his thoughts in why he reacted in such and animalistic way. He did not even lift his head when Millia spoke towards the maid.

“My child I couldn’t agree with you more.” She took a swig form the bottle and puckered her lips slightly. “This is very strong, you have good taste Belron.” She was trying to lighten up the mood in the room a little for she was choking on the tension that was hanging in the room.

Keara was almost out the door when Malken came after her, she felt her arm being grabbed and glared coldly at him. She wanted to be alone at the moment and away form anyone that she might hurt, whether it is with force or her words. Pushing her away slightly so that he could look into her face, he glaze softened a little towards him. It was no longer as cold as it was before, he pulled her against her and she gladly accepted. She wrapped her arms around him, listening to him joke about the matter. She gave a light chuckle and pulled away from the embrace and saw the marks on his neck. She lightly stroked his neck with the back of her finger tips.

“Hopefully my Aunt can do something for your neck …I guess maybe we should go back and face the situation.”

She lightly kissed him before turning and walking back into the room, she had heard the yelling from the other room but she chose to ignore it. Malken was right they had to fix this; she walked into the room her head held high. Millia could see that her eyes were still full of rage but not as they were before, it was more of a watered down rage. She sat down in the chair farthest from all of them and leaving enough room for Malken to sit beside her when he came in; she looked at them and then lowered her head a little. Millia looked at Belron and nodded for him to speak first for what Millia had to say was going to be forward and very blunt; she wanted to hear what Belron had to say towards the two.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2008, 07:19:04 AM »
((OOC: Again, sorry it took so long, I\'ve had a... Busy life recently. But, hey, I\'ve FINALLY gotten around to getting this done! WOOT! lol))

"She\'s a good cook, and an old friend. And the best damn brewer I have yet to meet, and I\'ve tasted many brews." Sir Belron grinned slightly, though it was completely fake. He was surprised that he was blowing up right now, actually he was rather calm. What had that healer once say this was? Something like Surprise or Shock or some other nonsense!

"Drink." He told Thomas. "You\'d be surprised at how much it helps." He said before taking a swig of his own, gulping down about half the mug in one "sip". he gasped as he pulled the mug away, slamming it on the table causing it to spill over the edge of the mug. He would wait awhile before he took another swig, though in his younger days be probably could have barely managed almost all of it, but he was no longer a young man by any means.

Malken watched her re-enter the room in a slight awe that he had always held for her, before entering it himself. He followed her to her chosen seat and sat close to her, close enough that his leg pressed agains hers, and wrapped his arm around her, resting on her shoulder and squeezing it lightly.

Belron cocked his head slightly as she suggested that he go first. "Oh, no, M\'lady. Ladies go first, and I\'m quite sure what you have to say would be a lot more... Interesting than anything I could ever think up!" He grinned mischiefly. "Plus, you\'re probably a whole lot more scarier than me, and what you say might even stay with them in days to come! Though I shan\'t hold my hopes up too high."

Malken normally would have replied something drastic, but as the situation stood, he thought it best to keep quite, so instead he rubbed Keara\'s shoulder lightly, prepared to defend her at any moment. Even if it meant if he had to argue with every person in this room. He would kill his own father to protect her, though he hoped that he would not have to.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2008, 11:14:45 AM »
Millia nodded kindly towards Sir Belron, “Days? My dear man the extent of temper would leave a sturdy man like yourself heading for the other room.” She looked towards the two lovers and took a multiple large swigs of her drink before setting it back down on the table. She had found that she was much bolder and wiser in what she had to say when she had a bit of the drink in her system. She gracefully stood from her chair and looked at Keara her tone full of danger.

“Child, get rid of that attitude before I do it for you.”

Keara lowered her head and gaze down towards the floor; she wasn’t in the mood in arguing with her Aunt. The only she wanted to argue with was with her father and maybe even throw something at him. Millia nodded her head before speaking once again in an even tone towards all those in the room.

“Now I know for a fact all you did was talk last night besides if he did make you his there would blood on the sheets. Now that we have that cleared up, onto other important matters such as the assault on the boy. Care to elaborate Thomas.”

Keara’s head whipped upwards when she heard her father’s name, her gaze became cold towards him. “Yes father care to elaborate?” Millia slammed her fist on the table her eyes turned a cold grey steel color, “Keara! Let me make this clear I brought you into this world and I have the right to take you out now hush!” Keara flinched and once again became silent; her jaw clenched a little as she looked away. Millia was unaware that a low sort if growl came from her throat, she was on the verge of losing her temper but she would try to contain it. She looked towards Thomas who had somewhat raised his head and met her eyes; he gave a sort of sigh before he spoke.

“You know why I acted the way I did Millia … I would love to see Keara in the arms of another that truly loves her like the boy but …”

Millia hand went to her neck; she knew exactly what Thomas was talking about. Keara looked at them both with confused eyes; she wasn’t sure what they meant or what they had meant by Thomas’s words. Millia gave a sort of sigh and placed her thumb and forefinger in-between the bridge of her nose, giving it a light squeeze.

“Thomas I know your fear, but you cannot keep your daughter single for the rest of her life.”

“The hell I can’t, I’ll move to another country on an island if I have too.”

Millia mumbled under her breath and words that should never have left a woman’s mouth no matter the circumstances. She knew Thomas was being difficult but he didn’t have to be this thorny. She heard a slight creak from the door that led into the kitchen and picked up a piece of fruit on the table and threw it at the door. There was a loud bang and many screams, “It’ll be a lot more than a piece of fruit next time! I am truly sorry Sir Belron but if it’s one thing I can’t stand its eavesdroppers.”

Keara had said nothing towards her father for she knew that her aunt had no problem taking her out, She gently laid her head on Malken’s shoulder while grasping one of his hands. Thomas saw the action and knew that if he allowed this marriage he would more than likely lose her, he looked towards Millia and nodded his head. It was about time Keara knew the truth. Millia nodded back and looked at both of the lovers on the chair.

“Listen, the reason Thomas acted the way he did it was not out of blind rage. He still thinks that you may carry the disease your mother died from and believes that if you conceive the disease will take hold and you may die.”

“Not only that … the child would die as well, leaving Malken without a child or wife. Leaving me without a daughter; and the burden to bury my own flesh and blood and Malken’s child, my grand….”

He couldn’t finish the sentence before he lowered his head and tears fell on the floor, Keara remained wide eyed and her breathing had increased almost to the point she was going to have a panic attack. Millia rushed over to her telling her to breathe slowly and deeply, Keara couldn’t believe what she just heard and she was too shocked to even cry or speak for that matter.

“Thomas I do not believe she carries it, the disease would have shown signs by now.”

Keara still couldn’t speak as she was still trying to process the information that she had just heard.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2008, 03:01:42 AM »
Belron probably would have laughed at Millia\'s comment of them running from the room, but as it was, he thought it better not to ruin the mood. "And I do believe you." He stepped back a little and slid onto the table, watching how this turned out. Ready to step in a moments notice if his son did something stupid or Thomas stepped out of line or anything that he didn\'t like happened.

Malken was more than a little relieved as Millis vouched that he hadn\'t done anything inappropriate, other than staying in her room, on her bed after hours. "Shh." He soothed when Keara asked her father to elaborate. "Calmly, Love." He whispered and rubbed her shoulder soothingly. "Don\'t make things worse than they already are." He grinned at her. She\'s awfully cute when she angry... He mentally shook his head at the thought and turned back to the conversation at hand.

“You know why I acted the way I did Millia … I would love to see Keara in the arms of another that truly loves her like the boy but …”

Malken wanted to comment on that, but he bit his tongue and said nothing, waiting for to find out what the "but" meant.
 "Damn right he can\'t keep her single." He muttered to himself quietly. "Especially with me around." He made sure that he didn\'t speak loud enough to be heard by any of his elders.

Belron couldn\'t help up laugh as Millia threw the fruit at the servants. "Back to work!" He barked. "I\'m paying to you work not eavesdrop!" Though he though the scurrying was more in fear of Millia than himself. She was indeed a very impressive(and intimidating) woman.

Malken\'s mouth dropped as the word "disease" was spoken. "W-what?" He asked, scared for his Keara. "D-disease?" But he turned back to Keara and started to rub her back and whisper soothingly to her.

"Keara!" He said quiet. "It\'s fine, love. It\'ll be alright." He held her close, wrapping both arms around her and let Millia speak, telling her to breath slowly. All the while he felt as if he was going to have a panic attack himself, but he forced himself not to and found himself in a state of shock.

Disease... Keara... She may die... Child... Our child... die... Disease... These were the wrods running constantly through his head. Why was it that every time things got better some life threatening thing happened to his Keara!

"Is... There a way to find out... For certain?" He asked Millia quietly, his eyes still unfocused staring above Keara\'s head at something that wasn\'t there.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2008, 06:37:40 AM »
Keara’s breathing was slowly returning to normal now that Malken had wrapped his arms around her and softly spoke in her ear, telling her that it would be alright. She couldn’t believe that her father had withheld such information all these years. She still wasn’t able to speak and her shock was clearly written on her face plain as day. Millia looked towards the boy with innocent eyes,

“No not without conceiving. Like I said before I do not believe she carries the disease since she is an only child. In my family there were four of us, one died at the age of 2 and the other at the age of 27. It skips to every second child, but even after Keara was born it didn’t show any signs until Keara had turned 7 years old. Which looks to me it was a weak strain my sister had. The disease could have passed away with her Thomas.”

“And what if you are wrong Millia, What then?”

Millia could not answer Thomas question, she could see his face was streaked with tears that had once flowed from his eyes. Keara looked up at her father and then looked towards Malken; she was lost within her thoughts as to what to say to the situation. If she really did carry her mother’s disease then it was only a matter of time before it did take hold whether she conceived or not. She stood from her chair and walked towards her father slowly, as she approached him she sat beside him and grasped his hand.

“Then I die happy father. I die knowing that I have been loved, rather than live to end of days not knowing what love feels like.”

Thomas looked at his daughter, his brave and beautiful daughter. She had her mothers courage there was no question, he tightly squeezed her in a hug not wanting to let go. She was all he had left. Millia spoke softly towards Thomas.

“You knew Rena had the disease and yet you still married her when no other man would, you made her life blissful which I can never repay you for Thomas.”

Thomas only shook his head; he knew that it would only be fair to do the same for his daughter. He knew it was cruel for him to deny Keara what she really wanted and that was to be happy in another’s arms, “Then you have my blessings … My daughter.” He released her from his hug and gently kissed her forehead. Keara spoke in a slight whisper thanking him. Thomas hoped that Millia was right that the disease had passed with his wife. Keara returned to Malken’s side and rested her head on his shoulder.

Millia nodded with a smile on her face, she then quickly grabbed the boys ear in a tight and painful grasp, “Now listen here you ever crawl into her bed again before you are married I won’t be so understanding next time. You think your father will beat you good well after I’m through with you you’ll be begging for him to tan your hide instead of me. I’ve raised eight children in my life time and 5 were boys, I know a thing or two on how to punish them Malken.” She then let go of his ear forcefully and turned towards Sir Belron, “Sorry once again Belron.” She gave him a slight nod of her head, she looked back towards the boy and gave a slight smile and spoke extremely foully which Keara clamped her hand to her mouth, “Millia even I swear at times but honestly your worst than me on a bad day.”

Millia gave a hearty laugh, “My dear child you think this is bad, you should have been in my household when I was raising 5 teenage boys. You ask your uncle Mark about some of the words I use to use.”

She gave her a wink before turning to sit back in her seat, “Anything you would like to add Belron?” She didn’t leave him time to answer before she took and swig of her drink.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2008, 10:45:37 PM »
Malken tried to force his mind on the conversation, but the only thing he could think of was how everytime something settled down another thing came around to threaten the life of his Keara. He would have to work hard to find a way to stop this, but he wasn\'t sure he could.

His mind was pulled back when Keara left his arms and went to her father saying she\'d die happy. Though he hadn\'t been really listening to anything that was being said, he knew what she was talking about, for he knew that the conversation hadn\'t changed, and he couldn\'t help but to smile. He held her tightly against him when she returned to his arms, and tilted his head to whisper to her: "I love you, Keara!"

Malken\'s smile turned from one of true love to one of true relief! He let out a small sigh to back it up, it seemed as though, with his blessing, the gods were smiling upon him that morning. But the problem with the gods is though they may smile upon you in the morning, that may change by the evening. He would play it save that day just in case... Without sleeping with Keara that night.

That thought was quickly reinforced when Millia grabbed his ear and started to speak it him. He started to swear, using language he normally wouldn\'t, but having a military father, he had learned plenty of ways to swear, and Belron started to laugh. "Yes! Yes! Gods damn you, YES! OW!" He covered his ear with his hand when she let him go, wrapping his other arm around Keara once again, biting his tongue, though his resent for this woman clearly showed in his eyes.

"Ho! The lady knows how to raise boys!" Belron exclaimed as his laugh slowly died down. "Gods bless you, that\'s probably worse than dealing with about twenty of them! At least during training they slept whenever they weren\'t working. Ha!" He did indeed like this family. And that Keara would do fine for his son. He knew she\'s keep him in line.

"After that?" Belron cocked his eyebrows in surprise. "Plus, my words are usually unspoken. And we seemed to have settled everything without me actually having to do any work, so why should I do so if I don\'t have to?" He smiled foolishly, tilting his head to the side to enphasize his child-like move.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2008, 10:05:07 AM »
Keara couldn’t help but give a small smile towards her Aunt, she could be a harsh and controlling woman at times with a fiery temper that could scare most men out of there wits. Although deep down though her Aunt was loving person who loved her family and friends more than life itself. Keara gladly accepted the arm that wrapped itself around her waist, “I love you too.” She once again placed her on his shoulder with a smile that lit up her whole face.

Millia nodded at the two, they both looked like they really loved each other but only time would tell if this was true love or something else. She looked over at Thomas who hadn’t touched a single drop of his drink, “Thomas, are you going to drink that or just stare at it all day?” He lifted his head and cracked a slight smile, “Not much in a drinking mood.” He was sure it was good but he wasn’t in the mood at the moment, that was until Keara spoke towards him in a challenging voice, “Not in the mood or can’t hold your liquor like you could in your younger days?” A smile adored her lips and in a moment Thomas smiled as well with a mischievous look in his eyes.

“Is that a challenge?”

“What do you think?”

Millia shook her head while rolling her eyes a little, “You and your bloody drinking games. Alright I guess one round wouldn’t hurt and you two may join if you wish.” Millia exited the room towards the kitchens only to come back moments later with four shot glasses, “Rules are simple, one shot you slam the glass down if you can continue, then slid the glass over to me and I will refill it. If not you tip the glass upside down and your out of the game.”

Keara joined her aunt at the table, so did her father and they were each given a shot to which both downed very quickly. Keara slammed her glass on the table as well did her father. They both looked at each other with broad smiles, “This time I won’t go so easy on you Keara.” Keara only stuck out her tongue in teasing like way and shoved her glass towards her Aunt for a refill.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2008, 11:20:52 AM »
Belron didn\'t need to be asked twice as he plumped himself down at the table. He slammed his cup down with a broad grin on his face, he wanted to know how well he could hold his liquor now that it had been several years to help clean out his systom.

Malken however was not too found of drinking games, but he couldn\'t be left out of it, plus Keara was doing it so he guessed it wasn\'t too bad. He sat himself next to her and wrapped his arm around her waist as he drunk the glad and slammed it down with a slight gasp. The thought that this might not have been such a good idea came through his mind, but he quickly shoved it out as his refilled glass was placed in front of him.

"Oh, good! Took you long enough, grandma!"((I assume it is Millia who\'s serving... If not change it to "grandpa)) Belron joked as he drank his second glass easily. He might not be as young as he was, but he was feeling pretty certain he could last for a bit in the game. "I thought you didn\'t approve of drinking games!" He commented to his son.

"And I still don\'t." Malken replied before he drank his own and slammed it down. Already he felt light headed, he didn\'t think he should continue the game, but just couldn\'t back out. "Drinking games are pointless, rude, behavior drunken!"

Belron started to laugh deeply. "You meant \'drunken behavior\'."
"That\'s what I said!" Malken blinked twice and decided to keep his big mouth shut from the rest of the evening. He seemed to already have done something foolish, even though he didn\'t know what it was. It didn\'t matter, he wouldn\'t do anything more foolish as he absently rubbed Keara\'s back.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2008, 09:11:21 AM »
Millia looked at Belron with a grin on her face, “That would Aunt to you and a young one at that, Now you would be an old Uncle.” Keara burst out laughing as she shoved her glass towards her Aunt; she given her third shot and drank it back like it was nothing but water in the glass. She had remembered long nights when she and Thomas had played chess; each move calculated until someone’s piece was taken from the opponent then had to drink a shot. Those were some good nights.

Keara looked at Malken when he said he didn’t like drinking games, a man who didn’t like drinking games was news like a horse that didn’t like a juicy red apple. She then laughed when he mixed up his words, “Ten bucks I know who’s going to be the first one out. No offense my love.” She lightly kissed his cheek before once again drinking her shot. She could feel Malken rubbing her back, whether he was doing it consciously or not she like the feel of it.

She slide her glass over to her Aunt who filled it to the brim and slid it back, she drank it back with ease and it burned her throat, “Best drinks are ones that burn your throat I always say.” Thomas rolled his eyes a little ad chuckled, “I believe I always say that.” Keara looked at him and spoke in a bubbly tone, “No I believe you always say, Oh wait nothing you fall out of the chair.” Keara once again burst out laughing and Thomas threw his hat at her missing by a long shot.

Millia laughed with her niece, and shook her head with pride. She poured everyone another drink to shoot back, if anyone got cocky and went over there limits she would pull them out whether they liked it or not.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2008, 11:28:03 AM »
((OOC: Just pointing it out, we\'re in middle ages, they didn\'t have "bucks" She probably would\'ve used "coins".... I personally don\'t mind it, I just wanted to point it out to your awareness))

Belron laughed deeply as he drank his drink and shoved it back. "I may be old, lady, but I can still drink as good as I could in my days." He grinned going on his third with as much ease as Keara. "My girl, you can drink as well as a solder! I think I might actually have a challange!" He laughed again, enjoying the ease of the moment after their trail just a few minutes ago.

Malken, however, was not enjoying himself as much. He looked at his third glass with regret and watched Keara drink hers with ease. "Wow." He said with clear admiration for her, his eyes fogged up a little and he drank his third and shoved it back. He blinked as she spoke, trying to understand what she was saying and objected as soon as he did.

"I object to that accu-sation!" He said the word slowly to make sure he pronounced it correctly. "I might... Last longer than you might think! My beautiful Keara!" He didn\'t know why he added that, it just seemed like the thing to do at the time. Then noticed his was rubbing her back, but didn\'t stop, but put a little more attention into it.

Belron laughed deeply again at Keara\'s comment as he, too, drank his drink with ease. "I believe she got you there, old chap! We\'ll have to teach her some displine, you know!" He said then turned to Keara. "Young lady, that was truly rude! Unforgivable! Disrespective, truly cruel thing you say to your father!" He said with a serious tone. "I approve!" It was probably the liquor that made him say things like that, but he felt... cheerful. He hadn\'t felt this happy since before his wife died. But he certainly liked it.

"My lady, I would like another." He shoved his glass towards Millia. "Aunt Millia!" He added because she had asked him to.