Author Topic: Not really a grammer problem, or literary problem.  (Read 4409 times)

Raff_Kimimaru

Not really a grammer problem, or literary problem.
« on: April 06, 2008, 04:38:21 AM »
Ok, for some reason...well, I guess after my whole deal with my parents. MY mom has bitched at me and made my life miserable, and I have NO freedom what so ever...so you people are all I have now. And I have had a GIANT writers block, I can\'t roleplay, write songs, or even so much as draw and or write stories.

Someone, please help me...and I can\'t even figure out where to put commas, or colons anymore...I need some help. Someone please tell me what to do.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Not really a grammer problem, or literary problem.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 06:01:12 AM »
Your creative block is very obviously directly related to your situation now.  I recommend using writing as a way to get all the shit out before you can try to be creative.  If you have a blog or some kind of place to write down your thoughts, you should use that and write down everything you feel.  It can be good self-therapy, to not bottle it up and write down all your anger and frustration.

As for the improvements; I can see improvements in your writing already, Raff.  I\'m not a teacher so the only way I can help you is as you write by offering my opinion and making suggestions, via critique.

You\'ve put your story \'The Elegant Life of a Half-Demon\' in the RPC Library and not in the Critiquing section, so I won\'t critique it.  If you wish to reconsider this, PM me and I\'ll move it.

I joined a writer\'s group a long time ago and when I submitted a story they critiqued every sentence and many concepts.  Their critique was constructive but I was humiliated.  Next week, next meeting, I came back much to their surprise and they congratulated me on it because I proved I wanted to learn.  We can\'t be sensitive about our work.  They helped me a long way, I saw major improvements in my writing after a few weeks.

What I do at Roleplay City when I PM with suggestions and pointers is a little bit what they did for me but I remember the humiliation so I don\'t go overboard with it - this is supposed to be a place to have fun after all.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :