Author Topic: First Day At Work  (Read 4597 times)

DivineDarkness

Re: First Day At Work
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 03:25:21 AM »
Bob eyed the red-head when the small impish smile began to curl those small lips, not knowing how he should because of it. The purr of those seductive words had Bob baffled for a moment, trying to warp his mind around what just happened. His eyes brighten from hazel into a sharp, vibrant shade of golden in awarness to the other\'s insinuating words. He gave a smug smile down at the other before he leaned forward, placing a hand on the table. "It depends can you handle-"

He suddenly stopped what he was about to say, his lips slowly dropping from their smile and slipping back into a frown. Uh oh. He hadn\'t mean to do that. He near cursed his Behemoth blood and the genes he had gotten from his father. Bob cleared his throat before standing up straight and he gave a light laugh. "Yes, well....ah! How about a Black Forest Parfait? It\'s new here. So far it\'s been popular. And I am sure it is very yummy." He flashed a bright smile at the other, pretending as if everything a moment ago hadn\'t happened at all.

"Ugh! Bob your gross chocolate tea is getting cold." One of the women sighed and he laughed and gave a meek shrug, dismissing her comment.

"So....would that be to your liking?"

Offline deviliscious

• Dearly Missed
  • Wordsmith
    • View Profile
    • http://ramblesbrambles.blogspot.com
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 08:33:42 PM »
It was the lightening of his eyes that had Hades in a thrall, fixated upon the golden hue that he could think of nothing else but wanting to drown in the depths of the other man’s eyes. And when his waiter got closer, the redhead could afford nary a blink lest the blond were to disappear – at times like this, Hades could hardly believe he had the luck to chance upon such an individual.

Without thinking, the vampire too leaned forward with his head tilted back as he looked up at the other. He even forgot to breathe as he waited anxiously for… what? For the man to sweep him off his feet? Declare his undying love? Throw Hades over the table and proceed to hump him?

Ahh… so many wonderful scenarios that the highly imaginative ancient being could envisage, only to be met by disappointment. Hell, he looked like someone just ran over his cat. Twice. Were those tears welling in his eyes, causing the glowing orbs to glisten? Really, it seemed that only one more wrong move from the demon would send Hades into a crying fit – if the man was lucky. Black Forest Parfait didn’t seem to be as appetizing as the waiter before him.

“No,” he muttered petulantly at the query regarding the recommended dessert and with a slight sniffle, he tore his longing gaze away when he heard something about chocolate tea. Instantly, his eyes swiveled back to his waiter, nose scrunching adorably, a look of curiosity replacing the earlier crestfallen expression. “There is such a beverage, chocolate tea?” Thankfully, Hades was easily distracted (by the stupidest thing) as he wondered what was so gross about it. Not that he could ever drink it, but that wasn’t the point. The dazzling smile returned to his face as he waved an exited hand about. “Get me that tea, then! Please!” he said, tagging on the politeness in an afterthought with his usual exuberance.

DivineDarkness

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 11:22:41 AM »
((Oh god! I thought I had posted on this a long time ago! T_T....I\'m so sorry.))

He looked more then a little taken aback at the other\'s sudden drop of expression and the light glisten in those lovely eyes. Bob\'s heart sunk for a moment. W....What was going on? What did he do? Because he somehow felt this was totally his fault. He was saved from making a fool of himself for the other when the boy brightened at the mention of his chocolate tea. Bob blinked at the small red-head before he gave gentle smile down at the other and chuckled lightly. No one ever was so interested in what kind of things he liked unless they had already tried it and enjoyed it so he was pleased by the reaction.

"Well we don\'t exactly serve it here for customers and I am not allowed to share outside products to guests.....but if you don\'t mind joining me for a cup during my lunch break then I don\'t mind making an extra batch?" He flashed him a bright smile, eyes lighting behind the long blonde bangs.

Offline deviliscious

• Dearly Missed
  • Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 01:46:24 AM »
(Ack! No wonder! –mock glares– But no worries. So long as you reply, that is. ^_^;;)

“Eh? You don’t serve it here?” Again, it wasn’t like he could ever drink the tea he had so enthusiastically asked for. That was one of the negative aspects of being a vampire that Hades didn’t like but could do nothing about. Even if he were to consume it, he would just regurgitate it back up.

It was just that curiosity made him want to have a look at it, perhaps try to figure out what it would taste like. Always a fun thing to do. However, the man’s suggestion for the redhead to join him for lunch was another downside to being a creature of the night. Facing the daylight was a big no-no. Hades deflated yet again. “As much as I would love to join you for lunch, I’m afraid that that won’t be possible,” he sighed in remorse. It was certainly a good thing that the blond was doing the night shift today, otherwise they wouldn’t have met.

The ancient suddenly clasped his hands together as he beamed up at his waiter, a brilliant idea popping into his head. “But I know what we can do! What time does your shift end? I don’t mind waiting for you and then we can have that tea! A good idea, no?” he proposed passionately, the hope welling in his eyes seemingly causing the blue orbs to shine even brighter.

DivineDarkness

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 11:22:18 AM »
((*curls up* Sorry~ v_v))

A golden brow lifted in a lovely arch, Bob\'s expression being questioning. He didn\'t know how he should answer this. In many ways this was becoming a date. Bob may act like a ditz but it was all for show. His eyes ran over the other before he flashed another bright smile. "Well sure. I don\'t mind have a drinking buddy. Always nice to make new friends." He said quite bluntly before looking away from the luminous, blue eyes. "Well I had the ten-hour shift today so the wait will be long. I\'d rather not bother you. I don\'t get off to at least nine a.m."

He said with a light of a shoulder, the long blonde strands that escaped from his ponytail, brushing the shoulder.

"Ah, sorry. But what is your name?"

Offline deviliscious

• Dearly Missed
  • Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2008, 06:49:08 AM »
(-pets- Like I said, no worries!)

Although the man may act the airhead, it wasn’t the case with Hades; the redhead really was one, a silly, scatterbrained creature, a conduct truly unbefitting of his age.  He does have his non-imbecilic moments, however, they were entirely in erratic spurts.  Unfortunately, now was not one of those times because wherever this exchange was leading to, it being a date definitely did not cross his mind. Forget his earlier visions of copulation, currently the only thing he was thinking of was the chocolate tea.

“Friends?” Hades tucked his chin into the groove made by the downward interlocking of his fingers with his elbows perched onto the table. Gazing up at the other, a look of contemplation crossed his face before splitting into a wide grin. “Indeed, that would be nice!” Having a drinking buddy wasn’t a bad idea too, but the vampire’s concept of a drinking buddy might be more of a ‘drinking that buddy’ instead of what was rightly implied. In which case, it wouldn’t be that good of an idea for the blond.

His face fell once more (really, how can one shift his expression so much in such a short period of time?!) after hearing the time his waiter’s shift ended. By then, he was visibly pouting. “But... I don’t do mornings...” the ancient remarked dejectedly, so upset that it didn’t register to him that the man had asked for his name. Were they not meant to be? How distressing! And he looked good enough to eat, too! Not to mention he had chocolate tea.

Hades let out a disgruntled sigh, eyes sweeping over the patrons of the cafe. “Hadrian Sergius,” he finally answered though his tone lacked warmth. “Hades, if you want,” he added with a half-hearted shrug. What was the point, really?

DivineDarkness

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 02:00:46 AM »
Bob had to stifle a laugh as he watched the other visibly pout when he heard his answer. Not being able to keep himself from doing it, he lifted his hand and pet the rich, red mane of hair. "Aw. Don\'t make a face like that, Hades." He said before he tilted his head in a thoughtful motion of his head. "Hmmm...alright! How about this? You can come over my house later on tonight and I treat you to chocolate tea and some movies that I should have turned in weeks ago." He said, not liking to see the boy\'s body so slumped. He ignored the odd looks that the waitresses were giving him. You usually didn\'t invite total strangers to your house.

It was just not done. Pft! FOR THEM, perhaps. For Bob, this happened a lot. Which usually ended up sour in some kind of way but Bob had his hopes high on this one. He looked nice?

Sure Tootsie would be a bit \'hesitant\' about a stranger coming to visit but Bob would take care of that. He always did.

Offline deviliscious

• Dearly Missed
  • Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 07:43:16 PM »
At the hand that patted his still slightly damp hair, Hades could not help but smile a bit, looking back up at the man. His smile widened with the blonde’s invitation, completely oblivious to the looks of the other waitresses. To the redhead, it wasn’t odd in the least to be invited over by a perfect stranger. Besides, it wasn’t as if the vampire couldn’t defend himself if anything unpleasant were to happen. In fact, if anyone were to do any defending, it would probably be the waiter. That’s not to say that Hades was planning to do anything nasty to the man either! Well, at least, he wasn’t planning anything now.

“That would certainly be fun. I look forward to it. Does eight p.m. sound good to you?” He paused for a moment before he let out a merry laugh. “Sorry. I didn’t even get your name and I’m already planning the time.”

Glancing out the window, he noted that the rain had stopped. Just as well, because it was getting pretty late and the sun will be up soon.