Author Topic: Curiosity  (Read 13441 times)

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Curiosity
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2008, 06:05:03 PM »
(ooc: I\'m a bit confused about how her hair can keep falling in her face when her character sheet has it listed as so short it spikes up all over her head?  Also, she\'s sitting beside him on the back seat of a car, how is she able to put both her hands on his shoulders?  I can understand one - though it would be awkward, considering his greater height and his thigh is a more likely place to touch - but not two, surely?  It\'s just a luxurious car but a normal one, not a limousine where they\'d be facing each other, just to be clear - that could\'ve caused your confusion)

Tau nodded when she stated that he was warm, but didn\'t pursue that line of conversation - he was too confused about the rest of it.  He could see that Alec was embarrased by this topic of conversation, for her blush was evident in body language as much as it was in her cheeks, but he didn\'t have the experience to be sensitive about it.  All he knew was to talk about where his understanding was deficit and try to rectify it that way.

"Uh, well, I don\'t have a lot of experience.  I have been living in this city for a year.  When we arrived, we only had the money our mother had given us so I found a job at a petrol station.  I worked the graveyard shift, so I learned a bit about human nature there; I was robbed three times but there were also a lot of strange people that came into the store in the early hours of the morning.  I learned that there were many, many different types of supernatural scents to be found in this city," he told Alec with enthusiasm, his eyes widening to reinforce the wonder of those early discoveries, his voice bemused and almost reverant to match it.

Occasionally, he would glance at where her hand rested upon him, but it was only a passing thing and he didn\'t stare like it made him uncomfortable; it was just something else to look at in between her eyes, mouth and body.  It brought something else she might be interested in knowing to mind, though.

"The owner of the station was a woman.  She had a husband but she desired sex with me, so she showed me how humans do it.  She was surprised I\'d never done it before because I looked so mature, but she did not know I was a shifter, so I did not worry about it.  She liked having sex a lot," Tau guffawed, nodding this time and grinning rather goofily as he recalled the numerous times his boss had pressed him down upon her desk and mounted him, with the blinds drawn to hide their activities.

He certainly had no understanding of sexual harrassment, but had been curious enough about the process that he hadn\'t protested (though his feline sex drive was wired into a need to breed, so he felt unmatched with her human libido.  His body had never let him down, thankfully).

His expression sobered as he recalled what happened at the conclusion of that period in his life - Jed had left.  "My brother got into some trouble with the Oligarchy, however.  He didn\'t adjust to city and human life very well, so he shifted a lot and prowled through the streets as a cougar, gaining media attention and the council\'s observation.  He got some warnings but when Halen asked me to join the council and I accepted, it was too much for him so he went back to the wild.  Said I had betrayed him," Tau explained, his expression ruminative and his tone sad.  It was obvious that his brother being away from him was something very difficult for him to cope with - he blinked as he realised he\'d even talked about it now.  He hadn\'t meant to.

"In the Oligarchy, I have met many sorts of shifters but also plenty of humans that I have had to question.  I... have had a few conversations but dn\'t know everything there is to know about adult life.  I don\'t think I ever will, because I don\'t have long enough left to learn it all.  Is," he hesitated, his frown returning as he looked intently at Alacer, "is there something specific you think I should know that I would not have learned yet?" he queried, honestly wanting to know everything she thought he should.

Luna Moon

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2008, 11:43:05 AM »
(Sorry about that I think I got impatient. Alec turned toward him. For her it would not be uncomfortable, I have actually done it in life so I know it\'s not impossible. Her hair is short but around the length to her jawline and cheek bone. Sorry about the confusion.:S

Alec sighed. She looked at him and smiled slightly. "No, you know quite a lot. Enough to get by." She took her hands of his shoulders and turned back to the front. She frown when the warmth was gone but continued. "I was actually wondering if you knew what sex was and sexual harrassment." She looked at him. "Do you know what that is Tau?" She bit her lip and twisted to face him in the seat again. "Remember when I asked you about markings and you looked at this general area of me?" she gestured to her chest, waving her hand in front of herself. "You don\'t do that to women. It\'s called harrassment, you can go to jail for it or women can get mad at you. You don\'t ever stare down past a woman\'s hips either." She looked at him uncertainly. "Do you understand? Don\'t ever touch a woman in either area unwantedly. That will earn you a cell in human jail."She looked at his face, hoping that he understood her. She twitched her hands, missing the warmth of contact. Body heat was good for snakes, that\'s why they hibernated in bundles.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2008, 10:48:16 AM »
(ooc: I think you\'d better alter her character sheet and explain her hair a little better for me - or find a picture of the style you\'re thinking - because I have no real idea what you mean)

When he shook his head and frowned to tell her silently that he didn\'t know what sexual harrassment was, she swivelled to face him.  Her explanation horrified him and his expression showed it clearly.

"But... but... I did not look there for sexual reasons!  I do not recall why I even looked there!" he declared, flustered by the fact that she\'d accused him of something that could potentially land him in jail but which he had no idea he\'d even perpetrated.  "I think I was just looking for your markings, I did not intend to harrass you - especially sexually!"

The though he\'d offended Alec was paramount in his growing panic, but the notion that he might have unknowingly sexually harrassed a woman at some time in the past also added to the flighty feeling in his chest.  He looked people over all the time; he looked at their bodies instinctively to see what they were thinking and what they were feeling.  He\'d never realised you weren\'t supposed to look at women\'s legs!

"I... I\'m sorry if I offended you," he blurted, dragging his wide-eyed gaze from the seat in front of him and daring to turn it towards her face.  His expression was stiff and fearful; he was scared about what might happen if he looked at anywhere but her coppery eyes.  "Is... is this okay?  Looking at your face?" he queried, gesturing between them with his hand to further clarify that he was asking f it was alright to look at Alec\'s face.  Logically, he knew it had to be - how else would humans communicate otherwise? - but in his worried state, he wasn\'t thinking too clearly.

Luna Moon

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2008, 12:30:56 PM »
She looked down and then back up at him. "I don\'t mean don\'t look people over, just don\'t stare. You didn\'t offend me, I knew you didn\'t know that much. You can look at people, just don\'t stare at certain places. Don\'t stare at women\'s chest or...pelvic areas." Alec blushed slightly at her last words. She twisted back toward him in her seat, and smiled reassuringly at him. "You\'ve been doing great, nothing out of the ordinary really, just don\'t stare." She patted his shoulder reassuringly. "Don\'t worry about it." She turned back to the front in her seat.

Alec looked out the window a few minutes later. "How much farther until we get to your apartment?" she asked curiously. She had never spent too much time in the city even though she had been born in Phoenix. She watched the buildings and people walking go by as they passed.

(sorry, her hair is just cut short as i girl\'s haircut. It goes down to her jaw and the natural curl of it makes it stick out in small spikes around her head, outward. Better? :confused:

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2008, 02:30:42 AM »
Tau had given a nod of acknowledgement at her advice that she shouldn\'t stare but in truth he was still trying to decipher the implications of not doing what she suggested.  He blinked and forced himself to look out the window so that he could guage a time before they were home.

"Uh... about five minutes more," he guessed, based on the scenery, but as it turned out, they took a little more than that.

(Continued in \'Houseguest\')