Author Topic: To Anyone and Everyone  (Read 5002 times)

moongazer

To Anyone and Everyone
« on: August 13, 2008, 12:50:21 AM »
Honestly I\'ve been thinking about my writing style, and I know it\'s kind of odd that I type differently when I\'m r.p.\'ing and when I\'m just typing up a paper. My main question is, how do I force my mind to shift gears and force it to type like a paper when it\'s an r.p. I\'m working on?

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: To Anyone and Everyone
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 01:17:29 AM »
I don\'t know what you mean, but I will say that I\'m a hell of a lot less formal RPing than I ever will be when I\'m writing fiction with the potential of publishing (not that I ever finish anything, but one can dare to hope).

RP is an escape from reality, a place to have fun.  If you want to improve your writing, read a greater range of books by different authors and look at how they write stuff.  I don\'t know, other than to pay attention to what you\'re writing and read it aloud to yourself to see if it makes sense or sounds good.  It should make sense and sound good when spoken out loud.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

moongazer

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 02:26:44 AM »
You kind of summed up what I was saying, that R.P.\'ing makes me lose my formality that I have as in when I\'m writing up a paper. I\'m asking how I could regain that and lose it at will.

Mira

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 08:08:55 AM »
It really depends on the paper to be honest, if you are writing an opinion paper, you can write it just about how ever you want. Mainly what it requires is a lot of revision. If you keep going over and over it, you\'ll be able to work out any kinks that it might of had.

I\'ve had trouble where I write my papers sort of like I write a book, so that\'s where revision comes along. Also, have other people that are not writers or roleplayers read over them and point out anything that seems more of a story type thing than something fit for a paper.

Also, make an outline. Outlines help a lot when you\'re doing papers! Once you have the outline done, just turn it into sentances and you\'re good to go. :)