Author Topic: Compromise  (Read 2138 times)

Demeter

Compromise
« on: October 30, 2008, 05:02:35 PM »
After work, Henry enjoyed stopping at a nearby dive bar for a drink.  It was not the classiest of joints, but it served his favorite beer and none of the bartenders ever questioned how he managed to go through as many pints as he did in one sitting.  He never caused any trouble and tipped well, what more could they ask for? Tonight, however, the usually near-empty bar had been filled with locals playing a game called, "Trivia".  They were asked questions and evidently won money for answering the most correctly.  This game, while enjoyed by its participants, was not Henry\'s favorite.  There was too much noise involved and he had trouble tuning everyone out.

The disappointment he\'d experienced when he found out it was Trivia Night was quickly replaced by a bright, shining thought.  It was a big city, if he walked for long enough he would eventually find a suitable place to kick back and enjoy a few drinks.

That place had been Sticks & Stakes.  It looked suitable enough.  They had plenty of seating and not many people occupying said seats. It wasn\'t his first choice, but it would certainly do.

The big man made his way through the door, shrugged off his tan leather jacket and tossed it on an empty chair as he passed by.  He\'d revealed a fashionable (in his eyes at least) red flannel shirt and blue jeans.  Topping off this daring look was a pair of brown work boots.  It appeared as if Henry thought himself a lumberjack.

"Give me a pint of stout," he rumbled at the bored looking bartender.  His thick eyebrows furrowed and he held up a finger.  "No wait.  Two.  I want two."  A second glass was quickly filled and placed on the counter top with the first he\'d requested.  Henry, looking sheepish as he could, shook his head.  "Three?  I don\'t want to get up again."  It was logical enough and the bartender seemed to think so too, though after being handed twenty dollar tip for three beers most would agree and not question why he hadn\'t just bought a pitcher.

He made his way back to the table he\'d claimed, placed all three drinks in the middle and sat down to stare intently at the frosty glasses.

Which one would it be?

The first wasn\'t as full as the rest and the second had spilled over a bit, but the third, ah the third.  It was perfect.

So began the drinking.

Wrakune

Re: Compromise
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 05:53:15 AM »
Camie was tired of the loud atmosphere of Club Zero, so she got in her car and drove to the only place she could think of that was worth her time: Stick & Stakes Pool Hall.

She walked in gracfully and approached the bar. She was hungry, but didn\'t feel like eating. She ordered a dry strwberry daquari and sipped on it lightly. As she did so, she glanced around the room. Her eyes fell softly to an out-of-lace man. Demon?, she questioned to herslef, though she couldn\'t tell exactly what the man was. She felt the heat coming off of him from where she stood. He was fairly large and had long dark hair. His dark eyes were filled with something she couldn\'t quite catch the essence of.

Now, she was intriqued. The Nightmare watched him closely for a moment, discerning his attitude. She watched as he picked one of the three pints before him and drank heartily. Oh, yes, a drinker, she thought. He seemed safe enough. Fun, that was it. He seemed fun.

She wandered cautiously to the table where he sat and asked politely, "May I sit down?" She worked hard to look meek, though she knew she was no good at it. She was full of herself, and she had a right to be. The girl was drop-dead gorgeous and she knew it, though far from materialistic. She was simply proud of the body and personality she had been given and refused to smother that white hot flame.

Demeter

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 06:49:46 AM »
He barely heard the question over the slurping noise he was making.  Only when he put the glass down and saw the woman still looking at him did he realize the question was directed his way.  It wasn\'t often an attractive female tried to make conversation with him.  Usually they would go after the male friends he\'d gathered during a night drinking.  He hid his surprise well, however.

"Why sure!  Though I\'d be just as happy if you stood there.  Fine sight you are."  After wiping his lip clean of any remaining beer, he held out his other clean hand and smiled widely.  "Name is Henry.  Pleasure to meet you."  If she shook his hand, she would feel an unnatural - though not unpleasant - heat rising from his skin... Even after he\'d been holding a very cold glass.

Wrakune

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 05:47:51 AM »
She grimaced at the way he was consuming the beer, but sook it off. He allowed her to sit saying, "Why sure! Though I\'d be just as happy if you stood there. Fine sight you are." She laughed softly and smiled. She thanked him and he offered his name.

"Henry?" she mused, "I like it. Mine\'s Camie, but I prefer Illusion. Well met, I must say." She smiled and flirted with her eyes. She tossed her hait out of her face without thinking and waited for him to respond.