Author Topic: Abduction: Part II  (Read 4971 times)

Demeter

Re: Abduction: Part II
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 04:36:04 PM »
"Good."  Bombay was not a very independent cat.  As soon as she\'d walk in after a day\'s (or night\'s) work, he would run to greet her at the door, mewling and attaching himself to her leg until she picked him up.  She smiled slightly, thinking about the warm feline curled around her neck as she walked about her apartment.  

The smile wasn\'t long lasting.  The man had not questioned where the cat was at made her focus on the idea that perhaps he had been watching her.  Bombay had never been mentioned in any of her interviews and she\'d never mentioned what city her loft was located in.  Her eyes narrowed.  This had been a premeditated act, then?  Her room was filled with lavish things, though she had hardly registered any of the fine craftsmanship until now.  Lavish things that not only would she have bought, but items she felt comfortable around.  

"What is your name?" She asked suddenly, not comfortable that perhaps this person knew all those things about her and she didn\'t even know their name.

Offline Malkavian Riddler

• Novelist
  • Minstrel Seeking Minstrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 04:48:07 PM »
He liked her smile, he zoomed the camera in on her face and leaned forward so his face was near the monitor where hers was projected in close proximity.  Static from the screen crackled at his intrusion but he paid it no mind until he peripherally saw her frown and then sat back in his chair, even while the question came about his name and floored him.

Oh, she wanted to know about him!  His stomach flipflopped yet again, tumbling around in nervous apprehension as he struggled to collect himself and sound together when he spoke it.  He practised it a few times, keeping her waiting on his answer and no doubt wondering why he was hesitating.  He wasn\'t sure about whether to give her his full name or just his first name.  He eventually decided one was enough, it would be personal to hear her call him Jaska, not Mr Yorgan.

"Jaska," he admitted finally, saying it deeply yet softly, not quite as low as a whisper as it filled her room, but certainly letting her know it was intimate, so she wouldn\'t believe it false.  "You may call me Jass."

He held the talk button a little longer, wanting so dealy to ask her the name he already knew she went by, but lifted his finger without further comment.  She was a smart woman, he was sure she already knew he knew about her.  Though, hearing her name come from her lips was a heady prize indeed.
Digital: I drink from the poison chalice
Lan Bao: I reap the harvest of my people
Cain: I am the instrument that vampires play
Shan: I take what is mine and what is yours

Demeter

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 05:04:01 PM »
She had waited patiently for his name, knowing she had plenty of time.  She had also been afraid if she asked any other questions the person on the other side of the speakers would have been able to avoid the first.  Not that anything was stopping him from avoiding the question entirely.  She was not the one in control here.  Miranda was well aware of that.  Rather than throw herself around the room like a frantic caged animal, she was biding her time, waiting for her moment.  Hopefully she would not grow too lax before it happened.  

"Jas-kah," she repeated after him, rolling her tongue over the unfamiliar name.  It sounded like nothing she had heard before.  "You\'re not from around here, are you?" She asked without thinking.  It seemed to her that not being in front of this Jaska made her more daring.  Only having to deal with a voice made her take risks in conversation she normally would not have.

Offline Malkavian Riddler

• Novelist
  • Minstrel Seeking Minstrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 05:16:19 PM »
He relished the sound of his name on her tongue, he would later slow-mo the way her lips pulled back to form the J of his name, the way her mouth seductively opened for the first syllable, her tongue lifting to the roof of her mouth and her beautiful slender throat working to get the harsh sound of the K out.  The final syllble, the \'ah\' at the end was enough for him to fantasise about those lips, those teeth, that tongue, doing sinful things.  Closing his eyes momentarily to bring himself back to the present, his senses were heightened by her already when she asked her next - leading - question.

"I was born in Chicago," he told her, liking the way they were conversing rather politely.  It was a dream come true.  "The name is inherited from my family\'s ancestry."  His great great grandfather, or some such rubbish.  He\'d never really cared about where he\'d come from, for all that mattered was where he was going.  Especially now, when he had nothing more important than the future to focus on, with Miranda.
Digital: I drink from the poison chalice
Lan Bao: I reap the harvest of my people
Cain: I am the instrument that vampires play
Shan: I take what is mine and what is yours