Author Topic: If knees only bent backwards, what would chairs look like?  (Read 4087 times)

Abderus

If knees only bent backwards, what would chairs look like?
« on: September 23, 2008, 02:11:44 AM »
Okay, it’s a rather misleading introduction, I admit. Nonetheless it is a curious predicament. I find myself mulling over it every time I sit down now…

So hey, hello, and hiya—I’m a new kid on the block, though I have a curious feeling that I might have been a member from years long passed. Hmm…not a very active member, I think, because I can’t say I recall very much about Infusco. But still…there is something oddly familiar about this place. I believe when I played it was pre-gas-leak-supernatural-coming-out-party…though I’ve played so many rp characters in my lifetime that I couldn’t begin to guess at who I was rping at the time. In which case, I guess I’m not really new member….more like a really, really old member that has been on a really, really long hiatus. XD

I’ve read (re-read?) most of the info/rules/setting stuff, and have been reading over some of the posts for a few days, so I feel I have a basic idea of what’s going on. Though if there are any big and new events or happenings going on that I should know about, please do let me know. I’d hate to make some stupid mistake or other xP

That said, I’m off to work on a character form. I’ll hopefully have it posted and pending approval in a short while.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: If knees only bent backwards, what would chairs look like?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 06:28:28 AM »
:welcome: Back!

Infusco has been around for 5 years now so I\'m glad you rediscovered us again.  We\'re happy to have you back, yays!  :yahoo:

I\'m looking forward to seeing you operating Kale around the boards.  I\'m impressed already  ^_^

Hope you have much fun and don\'t go away again!  :wife:  (hee!  I love the rolling pin)
D.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Abderus

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 06:43:08 AM »
Whoot, I\'m glad I found my way back too. I wish I remembered more... but \'back in the day\' I did so many roleplay boards/forums/email group things at a time that everything is a bit jumbled up. Heh. But thanks for the hearty-hello and warm welcome ^_^

And the rolling pin is pretty cool. I wish I had a levitating rolling pin...
But I can\'t lie, nothing beats the banana jam
:bananajam:

*edit*
...err, I guess the rolling pin isn\'t levitating. I just couldn\'t see the angry wife\'s arm at first.
Nevertheless, I still wish I had a levitating rolling pin....

Offline Malkavian Riddler

• Novelist
  • Minstrel Seeking Minstrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 07:55:34 AM »
The Riddler would like a levitating rolling pin also.

Welcome Abderus.
Digital: I drink from the poison chalice
Lan Bao: I reap the harvest of my people
Cain: I am the instrument that vampires play
Shan: I take what is mine and what is yours

Abderus

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 08:39:14 PM »
Hey ^ ^ I think we should all invest in levitating rolling pin technology. I\'m sure it will take off in the next several hundred years :yes: and then we\'ll be mucho-richo...

Anywho, it\'s a pleasure to meet all of you. As far as names go, you can call me pretty much anything you like except Aby (me no like Aby). If it so pleases you, you can even call me That-Mythological-Lover-Of-Hercules-Eaten-By-The-Mares, or TMLOHEBTM. Though I wouldn\'t advise it. It takes a while to type.

As for you guys, would you prefer me callling you Satyr and Malkavian Riddler? Or do you have other secret, alias names you prefer to go by
:shifty:
like 006½

Uzaki

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 02:58:24 AM »
Welcome and welcome back citizen!

May you stay and be blessed with many good roleplays.
Amen!

:yes:

Abderus

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 04:53:56 AM »
Many thanks Uzaki ^ ^

and amen to that!

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 07:36:21 AM »
I am D. or Dee  :)
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Harlequin

• Founder
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 11:41:21 AM »
DUDE THEM HORSES WERE BAD NEWS.

I\'m Brooce, I\'m kind of invisible lately (Bio major = many many homeworks) but I wish you many good roleplays, and happy returns besides!

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 02:13:05 PM »
:welcome: from me too, Abderus, good to see you around again.

One thing I would request, however, is that you don\'t alter the size of your writing in roleplays because the text just looks too jumbled and hard to read.  Size 1 text is fine for ooc stuff but I edited your post in your thread with Skeggs because it was too difficult to see - and I\'m interested in what you write!

Some of us are old and stodgy, sorry.  Okay... well I am old and stodgy and I request your co-operation :p

p.s. if knees bent backwards, chairs quite simply wouldn\'t exist.  We wouldn\'t need them, we\'d sit on ourselves, of course :)

Offline Harlequin

• Founder
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 03:23:05 PM »
We\'d be like dem big pink birds you see inna zoo.

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 03:29:47 PM »
*sings* Pretty flamingo!

Abderus

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 07:08:27 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, both of you XD

And many sorries about the font size. It\'s such an old habit by now that I don\'t realize everyone doesn\'t like staring at microscopic writing (I\'m so used to having to write with the computer screen practically to my nose, scrunched up in some corner or another, that even the smallest font seems regular to me). I\'ll go edit my posts and soon as I\'ve finished typing this; again, sorry for any strain I placed on anyone\'s eyes :blink: including Mr. Blinky

...and them Mares were bad news.
Way to go Hercules: leave your lover to guard the carnivorous horses all by his lonesome. That sounds like a good idea. Oh, whoops, he got eaten? How strange...hmmm, let\'s found a city after him. That\'ll make him feel better. Oh wait, no it won\'t, because he\'s-been-eaten...

*pets flamingos* They don’t bite, do they?