Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Of Missions and... Berserkers? : The Crazy Lives of Assassins  (Read 19104 times)

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
Re: Of Missions and... Berserkers? : The Crazy Lives of Assassins
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 01:59:47 PM »
Idrial felt the thread of air snap with extreme force as the Lich escaped from his prison, her muscles in her arms felt weak but she ignored the pain. An assassin always ignored the pain and focused on there goal; nothing else and right now distracting the Lich was her goal as of now. She watched as the blade began to spin with intense speed, she tried to keep her eyes on the blade even with Kaid yelling at her to move out of the way. She watched the pattern the way the blade spun in the air, there was a pattern and it was complicated one. She let herself become loose and calm waiting for the next move from the Lich, as the sword arched her way she began to ready herself watching the blade spin in the same pattern over and over again. She took a deep breath putting herself in a state of clarity, as the blade spun closer and closer she knew she only had one shot.

As the blade hurled towards her, she hurled herself into the air her body spinning vertically. The sword only caught her right arm creating another huge gash in her arm. She let it bleed as she created a lightening and fireball type of magick, throwing it towards the Lich once again. She looked behind her too see where the sword had landed since it had missed its initial target. It had landed just beyond her reach, she slowly started to move backwards towards the cursed sword increasing her magical out put with every step she took. Anything to keep the Lich at bay, to show him that she wasn’t joking with the Lich and wasn’t an ordinary person. She was a warrior and fighting ran through her blood.

Benson now standing on his own two feet could see the toll the magick was taking on Idrial, her eyes were starting to become dull and she was straining just to take a simple step. Benson cupped his hands around his mouth to yell at Idrial, “Idrial you’re going to burn yourself out and possibly kill yourself if you don’t lay off your output of Magick.” It was then Idrial released a huge bolt of lightening that caused her to sub consciously grab her chest as her breathing was starting to become difficult. She shook her head keeping her eyes on the Lich, “No I will never back down, they killed what I called family. We are a dying breed and for a Lich to wipe out a whole tribe of Shape shifters and Werewolves that cannot be forgiven. All Lich’s deserve to succumb to death.” She once conjured a ball of ice and fire and hurled it at the Lich meaning to hit the man square in the chest.

Benson tried to run to Idrial but he just couldn’t move, he couldn’t believe what he was hearing. He then realized the sword had stopped spinning and was just laying on the ground. He then looked towards Idrial who now was severely succumbing to the affects of battling with so much magick for so long. He just hoped that it was giving the Masters time to devise a plan in destroying the sword and if not at least getting rid of the Lich before Idrial killed herself.

MythsAndLegends

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 01:31:59 AM »
The stupid shapeshifter\'s blind arrogance proded at Achrynoth\'s patience like a poker fresh from the firepit, and he growled fiercly, "You think that we are bad? No, we are no worse than any other being on this planet. There are good and there are bad, unlike you we at least have control over ourselves. Look at you, you pathetic shapeshifting fool, you cannot even get a grip on your anger long enough to realize that you are dying. Hah! The world be rid of me? No, the world should be rid of those like you, the ones who put the blame on those of innocence, though I am not innocent of crime, I have never killed unjustly, and I do not intend to kill you or your friends here unless they continue to press things. I am not blood thirsty, and like you I seek revenge, nothing more! Now get out of my way!"

The anger wellled up inside him, and he could feel, and even to some extent, see the flows of magic coming from every being around him. As far as he could tell they all had at least some magical talent, and Achrynoth drew upon that power. The rage he felt at the discrimination of his kind was unlike any he had felt in centuries, his hands clenched and with a deafening roar he relesaed a blast of energy so powerful that the very ground beneath him shattered.

His hand stretched out and the massive blade flew to him in an instant and using the blades velocity he used it to slingshot himself towards Idrial, landing a few yards away, "I have grown tired of people like you. You think that your village is the only one murdered by power hungry fools? No, my entire homeland was destroyed and I still seek revenge, the pain doesn\'t go away, and neither does the enemy, no matter how many you kill. My death will not change what has happened and will not change very much in the long run. Fate\'s hand comes for those that it will, your people\'s time was at an end whether or not it was a lich that killed them, someone or something had."

With the duel points of the massive sword rested on the ground, he looked around at all of those gathered, "Do you think I wanted any of this? You attacked me blindly while I stood by, spectating the fight. I find the highly unfair, and yes, by nature most lich are evil, and I will not deny that I have my own faults, but you all do. Look at you genie, I can smell the arrogance from you. People don\'t usually find that an attractive trait. Elf over there in the corner, where you didnt think you\'d be seen, your cowardice is a thing that many people despise. They praise bravery. And you, Benson I beleive, you do not need me to tell you anything. Just think about this, what is the point of destroying evil, when inside you lies that very same trait that makes that person you are trying to destroy evil as well? Would you not have to end your own life then?"

He sighed, "If you want to continue this, then fine. I will kill more than one of you most likely before I am defeated, so... by all means. Continue."

Offline deviliscious

• Dearly Missed
  • Wordsmith
    • View Profile
    • http://ramblesbrambles.blogspot.com
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 10:40:45 PM »
Sarcasm from the unknown apprentice was not lost on Kaid and he shot the other a baleful glare as he retorted over the noise. “What are the chances that we\'re going to die a very painful death right here? Can you imagine the shock people are going to get, dying within the academy\'s walls?” Either Kaid was very confident that he was not going to get slaughtered so easily, or he might very well have a death wish because striking up a conversation in the midst of an ongoing battle was not something highly trained assassins\' were taught.

Well, it seemed that him and the Cruori kid weren\'t the only ones engaged in some sort of conversation, because hearing the Lich and the shifter emoting all over the battlefield just made him want to roll his eye, find the nearest tree and watch as the drama unfold. And so much for trying to do something to the sword, not when it seemed to have a life of its own, or rather the enemy could wield the damn thing without even being near it. There goes Plan A.

Moving on to Plan B... which he was still trying to come up with. By the way, had he just been insulted? Kaid, arrogant? Seriously? “Like hell I am, you bastard,” he scoffed, landing onto the floor on his feet without so much as a sound as though he were as light as a feather. “Are we starting a debate here?” he drawled out, relaxing his stance somewhat, but not by much, still gripping the handle of his weapon firmly. “I really don\'t give a damn about who did what wrong but as far as I\'m concerned, we\'re not being unfair as you put it,” he said, eyeing the Lich. “You coming into these walls uninvited gives us grounds to attack you. End of story. What, did you think we would have invited an intruder to tea or something?”

“A drinking session, that was what we were having before we were so rudely interrupted,” came the ever helpful comment from a smiling Airis.

“Right. Whatever. In any case, if you did not come here looking for a fight, you should not be here in the first place. Wait, did I not mention earlier something about politely asking people to regain what was lost?” the half-djinn shook his head, clearly bemused. “And Idrial, please pace yourself if you don\'t want to commit suicide with your own magick.”

Who knows, maybe a debate would buy them time before more backup came. After all, they were in the academy\'s territory.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 06:04:03 AM »
Antmur\'ss grinned grimly at Kaid\' remark. The grin was known among the few people who knew him as his "death grin," it was most defiantly the bleakest thing he had do to his face, and would send shivers down the spines of lesser skilled, but would have no effect, other than being extremely cold and grim, the company around him. "What better place to die than the one least expected? And who wants to live forever, anyways?"

A small sense of dismay came through him as the sword darted first, towards Idrail, then back into the hands of the Lich. There would be practically no way to remove the weapon from its grasp, and not much more that they would be able to stop it, and even less, no matter what the Lich said, that they would survive it.

Even through the grim future, Anturm\'ss was disgusted by the Lich\'s words. Drow themselves her inherently evil, Anturm\'ss had long since excepted that, and he was no "good guy" himself. But they weren\'t nearly as evil as the Liches, and here was one trying make them sounds not quite as evil as they were. If he were a Lich, he would not be trying to redeem himself and making his opponents sound like the evil ones, nor would he offer them surrender, he would have simply killed them. He just hoped mind reading wasn\'t part of the Lich\'s talents, lest he get the idea and have killed everyone here.

He felt the Lich start to draw upon his Magick, and completely shut him out, building up an almost perfect wall, one that he had been working on her decades. It probably could not completely block out the Lich, but at least made sure he would have to at least concentrate to be able to draw from it.

Did that Lich just call me a coward? He thought, not quite believing it. But the thought did not last long, and the meager amount of anger it aroused was immediately changed into mental strength he could use during the fight. He detached a small amount of thought, though kept all senses, awareness and most thought on what was going on around him, and started to try and remember how one destroyed a Lich\'s phylacerty, but he hadn\'t done much studying on Lich\'s, though now he wished he had, and found the thought kept slipping away from him, and dream almost remembered, but unable to completely remember.

If you wish this battle to cease, than you must leave. He thought, but Master Kaid was speaking, causing a meager distraction from the fight, he decided on concentrating on the only way he could think of that he could do to help; remember how to destroy that damned phylacerty!

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 12:32:00 PM »
Idrial now felt the affects of using her magick for so long, now she felt her magick draining faster than normal. She looked up to see the Lich was drawing power from her and just as suddenly she felt the ground shake. She shook her head as she could feel herself become weakened, but she would stand on her own two feet for as long as she possibly could; even into death. She watched as the Lich hurled itself towards Idrial, her magick increased ready to use if he tried to pull anything. As she listened to the Lich speak she looked around those that she had brought into this fight because of her stupidity. She once more looked at the Lich putting her rage aside for once to deal with the matter like a true master.

Her magick ceased to exist as she let it go, no longer letting it flow through her veins. She sighed heavily as she took a few steps towards the Lich called Achrynoth before she stopped, sheathing her weapons back into there sheaths on both sides of her hips. She was a bloody mess as she could still feel the warmth of fresh blood flowing down her skin and onto the ground as she crossed her arms. It was time for her to put her anger aside and resolve what was before them, one hell of a mess.

She took one more step closer to the lich now in harms ways if he was ever to use that sword against her, “So then you know what it is like to lose your own kind, to lose family, relatives and friends. Not only have you seen death, you have become apart of it as well being a Lich. I did not want this either Achrynoth, now this is between you and I leave them out of this. It was I who attacked you first not them and yes I am admitting that. I was in the wrong.” She her orange eyes that had now become warm and soft stare straight into the Lich’s cold eyes, she had seen the light of the situation the more she fought the Lich in this battle that would end in someone dying.    

She slowly uncrossed her arms and stared at the Lich\'s sword, as she was captivated by such a weapon. She then studied the Lich to try and determine what he was when he was alive, he looked to be like some sort of dragon or demon. She then once again sighed as she spoke to the Lich ina soft tone, "Why did you appear from out of no where to this place, what is it you seek Achrynoth?" She stood there in a perfectly calm state.

MythsAndLegends

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 12:30:47 AM »
"Yes, yes, I understand. I won\'t hold it against you. Anger often gets the best of us in the worst of times, and if you\'re honestly wondering why I\'m here, I\'m here to retrieve a book that an apprentice of mine has taken from me and refuses to return of her own free will. She\'s in a lot of trouble," Achrynoth relaxed and returned the massive sword to its place upon his back, strapped down real well.

He looked around at the others, wondering if they would continue to try and attack him, but figured since Idrial was their friend, and she had stopped, that they would also stop, if not to just tend to her wounds which were quite serious by the looks of it. Achrynoth could probably lend a bit of assistance in healing her, but most of it would do no good. He reached down to his right hand and activated a rune instead.

His bones melded and reformed a human composure, muscle, visceral organs, veins, and skin crawled over his body, reforming a human semblance. He groaned with pain as it occurred. No matter how many times he performed it, it would not remove all of the pain from the process, but at least now the others would not have to worry all to much about his appearance.

"I had hoped, that I could retrieve the book without any incident, and it was merely coincidence that I came across all of you on my way here. I probably should have avoided you better," Achrynoth looked at the one named Kaid. "And to you, master Kaid, it is a pleasure to meet you."

He bowed low, "Only if it had been under different circumstances, eh?"

Offline deviliscious

• Dearly Missed
  • Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 05:09:27 AM »
(Hey guys! Sorry for the super long wait! Been very busy with my school assignments and stuff >_< )

“What? You don’t want to live forever?” he replied to the Cruori apprentice with a touch of mock aghast in his tone, not fazed in the slightest by the grim up curl of the other male’s lips. “I think that it would be fun to be immortal,” he began conversationally, though keeping his eye trained on their current foe, “and apparently, so does Sir Stick and Bones over there.” Not that he could really tell if the Lich was smiling because he was being his lovely, cheery self or because that’s generally how skulls seem to appear – ever smiling.

It was a bit disturbing to have the thought of Airis suddenly flash into his mind’s eye.

Sliding his gaze momentarily over at the shifter, he quickly took stock of her and was immensely relieved that she had taken his advice and had ceased her foolish, self-destructive methods. Really, it was a classic case of pot calling the kettle black because if Kaid weren’t appointed the leader of their ragtag band, he would surely have gone all out much likes Idrial. This was a perfectly good reason why he hated being mission commander so much. As can be seen, he obviously wasn’t any good at strategising.

This mission was going straight to hell.

But what was this? Not only was Idrial more calm than he could ever imagine her to be, the Lich was also following up on the shifter’s conversation thread? The intruder even went as far as to change back to his human self!

Not knowing whether this was a trap or not, the half-djinn narrowed his eye at the Lich even as he made his way carefully over to where Idrial was with intention to lend a healing hand. It was obvious that her injuries were serious, especially the one infected by dark magick. Kaid wouldn’t be able to do anything about that one, but the rest of them he could probably heal them a bit, at least so that the high apprentice wouldn’t pass out from blood loss.

Placing a palm that was faintly emitting a soft glow of green light onto the woman’s shoulder gently, he allowed his own miniscule healing magick to do the work. Idrial should feel a burst of warmth along the wounds she had gained and would probably feel a bit lightheaded. In the meantime, he bared his teeth in a sharky grin at the Lich.

“Forgive me if I sound rude,” he responded though not sounding at all apologetic in the slightest. “But for you to have ruined my night, I truly don’t see any pleasure in having met you. Although I must say you do look better now than the bony thing you were before.”

“Kaid, that is just rude!” Airis gave a reprimanding tut from afar, shaking his head at the half-djinn who merely grinned back. The frail-looking master then turned to the Lich and smiled pleasantly at him. Only Airis would do that, smiling at the one who almost slaughtered them all.

“This book of yours was taken by your apprentice you say... who happens to be a student of ours?” Of course, the master was intelligent enough to connect the dots together and had high suspicions on who it was.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2009, 06:40:54 AM »
Idrial listened with open ears as she heard Kaid advance; his footsteps were soft in the ground as if he was not sure whether to trust the Lich. Idrial did not generally trust with her life as he could strike in any moment and taker her soul. Although she did have faith, for as long as she remained tranquil and unthreatening towards the Lich things would go over exceedingly well in a professional manner. She didn’t want anyone to die because of her stupidity; if she was to die she would die alone with no one by her side. Certainly no one would give up the ghost for her mistakes in this life.

She felt a tender hand touch her shoulder; welcomed warmth filled her body with intensity. Although the healing itself was not a pleasant experience, as her wounds closed she gritted her teeth through the pain of her skin being forcefully being knitted back together. The wound on her back remained, and she feared that it was too late for the wound of dark magick to be healed. She looked behind her and nodded a small thanks to the Half Djinn.

She then took a small step back and conjured small storm cloud above her head. She let a torrent of water wash over her body letting the dried blood from her body and clothes wash away, leaving a dark stream of watered-down blood on the earth. She created a thick thread of hot air to twist itself around her body, drying her off in a matter of seconds. She pushed the hood of her cloak back letting her face become in full view of the Lich. She wavered a bit where she stood and conjured a pillar of earth for her to lean against. She could feel blood trickle down her back as she leaned against the conjured pillar of earth.

She listened as the Masters chattered with the Lich, Benson finally getting enough nerve ran up to Idrial and carefully lifted her shirt. A look of horror became evident on his face; the wound had spread immensely across her back. Idrial turned her head too look at him He shook his head for this was beyond his means, “I’m sorry Idrial this dark magick is beyond my healing capabilities. Your regeneration seems to be holding it back but for how long I do not know.” Idrial looked at Benson with a stern face, “Then I am dying.” Benson could only shake his head and whisper a few words, “I am sorry but no one here at the academy is trained to deal with magick like this. I’m sorry Idrial.” Idrial smiled and bowed her head, “Do not be sorry Benson, this is our life we must embrace death not fear for one day it will come for each one of us.” Benson rose to her side and only nodded his head for he knew she was right.

Idrial looked at the Lich with soft amber eyes, “You may have your book as it should not have left your hands in the first place. Such magick should not be in the hands of an apprentice at this academy that I assure you. It should be in the hands of someone who knows how to use it without it causing dire consequences to someone who has no clue as to what magick they are yielding.” She bowed her head slightly only for the emotion of pain to become unmistakable on her face. Her back was in extreme pain and no one could get rid of this dark magick in the academy and she was certain the Lich wouldn’t help her after all the trouble she had caused him.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2009, 07:25:25 AM »
((I apologize, too, for having not replied sooner. Life, it seems, has gotten the best of my time, and I know it\'s not really that much of a post but it\'s the best I could manage right now... And probably for awhile :/))

Antmur\'ss gave a small snort of a laugh at Kaid\'s remark about living forever, still watching the Lich without a hint of disgust at his dismembered body. "If it meant I had to look like that; hell no!" He allowed a small smirk to appear on his lips, and continued to listen silently as the conversation progressed.

Kaid had guts, that was for sure. Antmur\'ss wasn\'t sure if he would\'ve retorted a Lich\'s compliment like that, but then again, he wasn\'t a Master yet and still had much to learn, so, he might several years from now. Though, then again, maybe not.

He caught the conversation between the one named Benson and Idrail, though felt no pity. By all rights they should kill her now and save her soul from powering the Lich, but they should deal with that later.

Allow him to have the book. "I must protest!" He said, quietly at first. "If the book has powers than by all rights we should destroy it!" He turned to the Lich. And you along with it. Surely there is someone with the powers to best this evil being. But that was for the Master to decide, and right now he was trying to figure out... Well, Antmur\'ss wasn\'t sure what he was trying to figure out. It didn\'t really matter who had the book, the Lich wanted it bad enough to come here personally to retrieve it; the book itself was more important. But, Antmur\'ss knew that there were things he didn\'t understand, so he would let Master Kaid try and figure it out. Just as long as the didn\'t actually give him the book.

MythsAndLegends

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2009, 10:32:13 PM »
Achrynoth sighed, "Living forever isn\'t really all that great. It gets lonely, you can never really have anyone to rely on, because by the time you find someone you can, they are dead and you\'ve never even noticed. Time passes so swiftly that I rarely notice the days go by. The only thing that still drives me is my need for revenge."

He looked around at the others, the atmosphere had changed a bit, the levels of hostility had gone down significantly, except from the genie, but he wasn\'t surprised, he hadn\'t struck the lich as being a person who would settle down after being riled up like that, "I would greatly appreciate the book\'s return. Do any of you happen to know where it is? And don\'t listen to the elf, destroying it would be a bad idea, especially if done incorrectly. Its protected by a few nasty spells to stop people from doing just that."

While the doctor looked the werewolf over quickly, Achrynoth watched out of the corner of his eye. Most of the damage done to her wasn\'t directly from him, but from the others, so aside from just being present, he was unsure to the reason behind their hostility, but then he saw the mark one the girl\'s back, it didn\'t look good.

"Where did you get that wound...?" he asked ominously.

Offline deviliscious

• Dearly Missed
  • Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 10:38:59 PM »
The moment Kaid deemed that the bout of healing he did for the shifter was adequate enough, he took a few steps away from her, acknowledging her non-verbal gratitude with a mirroring dip of his chin. Just as well that he decided that there should be ample distance between them because if not, he would surely have gotten wretchedly wet when Idrial did that rather convenient trick with the storm cloud.

Despite his flippant exchange with their foe, the half-djinn didn’t miss the pessimistic, gloomy forecast with regards to her life coming from the high apprentice so he shot her an appropriate scowl. “Don’t be so quick to predict your death, woman. Surely you can’t have met every single expert on the subject of dark afflictions,” he spat out, displeased that she was so quick to accept her fate, an outcome which was still all speculation at this point! Besides, why was the elf so damn sure that there was absolutely no one competent enough to even provide a second opinion?

Following that, the way Idrial all but threw the wanted book (thankfully said book wasn’t physically in her grasp) made not only Kaid but also Airis, to stiffen. The argument raised by the Cruori apprentice was valid to a certain extent. The book shouldn’t be returned (what on earth was Idrial thinking?) but it shouldn’t be destroyed either. Whoever knew what valuable titbits they could find?  

No one had ever said that the assassin academy was all for the good.

“Hmph. If living forever isn’t that great, just drop dead already, why don’t ya?” the half-djinn muttered under his breath though not really making that much effort in hiding his retort. Kaid really had guts, that’s for sure. Again, Airis shook his head at his friend’s attitude, bemused and knowing that whatever he said wouldn’t change the poisons master. The only human amongst them cleared his throat to gain the attention of the Lich.

“I do have to agree with you, that the book is dangerous and any attempts at harming it would cause... unfortunate results,” Airis spoke out softly, as polite as ever as he rose to his feet and leaning a bit against a nearby tree, his pleasant smile in place as always. The man agreed with the Lich because of what had transpired earlier in his mission room. “If you had approached us by means of proper channel to request for your property to be returned to you, I am most certain that we could have come to a more peaceful solution. It is imperative that we protect our students here at the academy, and by extension, their personal belongings as well. If we had found that she was in fact in possession of something that does not belong to her, we would have taken the measures to rectify that issue. However, it first needs to become an issue, and only if you were to raise a formal complaint. Otherwise, we would only assume that your unsolicited visit would be to harm the student under our care because of her transgression. And as I have said before, we really look after our own. Given a worldly man such as yourself with, perhaps, followers of your own, surely you would understand our reasoning?”  

The master’s delivery was smooth and he was not daunted in the least; his petit and frail form stood tall – albeit supported by the tree at his back – and he didn’t even cough once! It was such a miracle that his unfaltering smile actually widened further at the end.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 06:30:07 AM »
Idrial looked intently back at Kaid with her amber eyes; her lips were drawn close together as she was irritated with the Djinns commentary in relation to accepting her fate so promptly. Idrial forced herself to stand tall despite the pain that shot down her back like a hot knife through butter, “Perhaps I should have worded my sentence more clearly Master Kaid. Your right I have not met every person who is an expert in dark magic but the question is can they arrive in time to save my life?” She glared at him for the longest time before she once again leaned against the earth pillar. Both Masters had stiffened at the suggestion of giving the Lich his book back. The only thing she could do was shake her head.

She took a deep breath, raising her hand towards the destruction around so that they may see what the main cause of this was; the bloody the book she had retrieved of dark magick. She sighed deeply as she once again spoke, “What is the cause of this all Kaid, it’s that bloody book I retrieved for you Masters. I should have burned that book when I had the chance and yet I did not. I regret not disobeying orders and not destroying that fucking book.” Idrial could feel her temper once again rising but this time she didn’t care she needed to get this out once and for all, to make some sort of a stand but what that stand was even she didn’t know.

She glared towards Arius for it was time to address him and to strike down his poor excuse, “Arius you talk about the safety of your students yet you keep a book of dark destruction within these walls. What if a student turns on the academy and gets there hands on that bloody book. You know it has happened before and then what student will be safe within these walls. No student will be safe and yet you talk about destroying Achrynoth’s book.” Idrial closed her eyes and looked towards the ground before looking back towards Arius and shook her head fiercely at him, her eyes no longer an amber color but towards a bright orange like color. Benson slowly backed away from Idrial, giving him some space between him and her rage.

Idrial once again took a couple of deep breaths to calm herself down a little. She looked towards both Masters lowering her voice a little as she spoke, “I am weeks away from proper help for me to survive this dark magick that courses through my veins. You both know as of now I am the architect of my own destruction.” She lowered her head as she knew it was true beyond doubt she was the architect of her own destruction. She looked towards the elf as he had a look of disgust on his face, she stood up tall as if to confront the apprentice that stood in the shadows, “And you Antmur’ss I may be weakened but that does not mean I cannot defend myself so don’t get any funny idea’s about the matters of killing me in your own hands.” She flashed her canines towards Antmur’ss, to show she meant what she said to him.

At last she turned towards the Lich and sighed heavily, “This wound was made for the Dark Blade of Ba’al, a spell if left will kill the host in the end. As you can see it has festered and I am miles away from someone who can somehow release this dark magick that now has a hold on me.” She did not want to directly ask the Lich for his help but if he helped her with this dark magick and cleanse her from it. Perhaps she could help him retrieve his book, which in the end they would both benefit from each other.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 07:41:30 AM »
Antmur\'ss felt a little tired of the Lich\'s self-pity, if he had had that kind of power would have killed them all and stole he book already. Luckily for them the Lich didn\'t think like Antmur\'ss and decided to try to ask for the book before killing them all.

Antmur\'ssdrol clenched his teeth in fustration as he was forced to agree with Kaid. He had been rash in his thinking, not only would destroying the be dangerous, but an awful waste. If a Lich wanted the book than obviously it had to be powerful, thus useful. Why the hell would be want to destroy it? He was beginning to think he should have this apprenticeship.

"I have made not attempt on your life." He responded to the other apprentice. "I have also said nothing of my thought on your condition. I merely stated that it would be better to destroy the book than return it to the Lich. It\'s easier to deal with a betrayal from a student than a Lich who intends to harm us." He continued calmly, making sure he didn\'t change his voice level, though he was seriously annoyed with her. She wanted to return the book and was arguing for the enemy, what next?

MythsAndLegends

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2009, 09:47:12 AM »
((Sorry for the short post, I think mostly my work here is done. Idrial, if you want him to look at it, PM me some info on the wound so I know what he\'s looking at. He probably can\'t do much for you, but it\'d be nice to know what I\'m dealing with. Thanks. ^.^))

"Hmm... I do not recognize the name... but I could take a look at if for you if you like. In... an attempt to give a little back after the damage I have caused here," Achrynoth stated with a slight nod of his head, watching her from the corner of his eye.

"I do really need to get that book back... It\'s been gone for a good while. If any of you could get it for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I\'m certain it shouldn\'t be hard to find, a couple of you seem to know what I\'m talking about already," He chuckled to himself.

"Regardless, the sooner I get it the sooner I can be off of your property and out of your... hair."

Offline deviliscious

• Dearly Missed
  • Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 03:07:18 AM »
Both Airis and Kaid looked incredulously at the wounded shifter. Well, Kaid was more expressive in a sense that he was looking at her with undisguised dislike. In fact, before all of this started, hadn’t the half-djinn had that sort of feeling towards the woman? Only Airis was the one that prevented him from shooting his mouth like he was wont to do.

“Idrial,” Airis started to speak, his tone very gentle, still smiling though there was something in his eyes. “I am thinking that you are mistaken about which book that is in question, here.”

“Hell yeah,” Kaid snorted and as predicted, Airis ignored him; his focus was now fixed onto the shifter.

“Besides, you understand that orders are orders. To disobey would come with a heavy price. You’re a high apprentice, you know that. I hope that what you are suggesting is not... mutiny?” Airis went on.

For a high apprentice to even consider such a thing was blasphemous. If anyone of them on this impromptu mission were to report this, the consequences would be extremely severe for her.

Despite Airis’ gentle tone, there was a slight inflection there that gave it a more authoritative quality in warning. This wasn’t Airis, the easy-going, often taken advantage of, ever-smiling man that was talking; this was Airis the highly experienced master. Without saying it out loud, his eyes spoke volume, seeming to say ‘Careful where you tread, high apprentice. Remember your limits’.

The human amongst them gave a nod in acknowledgement towards Antmur\'ssdrol, thinking that after this was over, he would be making good remarks in his report for the Cruori apprentice. “I have taken into consideration of the past history of students who have... revolted against the academy. But what he has said is correct, that it is much easier to deal with a student than with a Lich,” he continued, turning to give a polite nod to their night time trespasser, smiling indulgently. “No offense to you, good sir,” he added on almost cheekily. After all, in a roundabout way, he was praising the Lich.

Kaid was grumbling to himself about high apprentices who don’t know their place. It was obvious to the potions master that Idrial was ruining their unity with all her talk about disobedience. “Are your wounds affecting your ability to think, woman? We protect our students by preventing anyone from harming them under our noses. If everyone were to think your way and destroy every single artefact that might cause damage, then we won’t be an assassin academy, would we? The system would crumble because then, no one would hire us. Defeats the purpose, doesn’t it?” he spat out unkindly at the injured shifter. Dying or not, Kaid was never one to mince his words.

Airis sighed. “Forgive my friend’s harsh words but understand that we do have our students’ welfare in mind, Idrial. Before every mission, we take into consideration the possible drawbacks. Pertaining to yours, we have already engaged services with a highly skilled healer who has expertise in dark inflicted wounds.” He turned his gaze towards the Lich then and smiled apologetically. “Perhaps in the morning when you have lodged an official complaint, we would look into the matter.”

“Yeah, go back to whichever rock you crawled out from,” Kaid added with a growl, gnashing his teeth.