Author Topic: Ragnarök  (Read 24993 times)

DeathsAngel

Re: Ragnarök
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 07:02:08 AM »
((OOC: Sorry it took so long to reply :/ ))

Delsen stopped doodling when she started to talk about her profession, but soon realized that she hadn\'t intended to explain any more. Which was fine, if that was what she wished. "Not all artists have to deal with people. Some live completely aloft, others live quite normally, but I understand what you mean." He smiled carefully, even though she already knew what he was. It didn\'t do well to flaunt things such as his unusual teeth around, it tended to make others nervous, and if there girl got much more nervous she\'d start shape-shifting into a rabbit. He added silently, though scolded himself for making fun of her, even if it was only in his head.

"Clay, yes, and other such materials. And though, it probably goes in a different category, I also carve things. Mostly out of wood, though occasionally, I use other things, once I tried using marble, but that grew tiring." He continued, gladly noticing that she was getting over her stutter. "If you don\'t mind my asking, what profession do you have?" He asked with genuine interest.

Offline Harlequin

• Founder
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2008, 09:16:36 AM »
((It ain\'t no thang, yo :B take all the time y\'need!))

For some odd reason, Vivianne seemed to have calmed down some since she\'d found out he was a Vampire; or perhaps it was simply that she was getting used to his presence, supernatural or not.

The teenager shrugged as he spoke of artists, and gathered her slightly damp hair into her hands and transferred it from her back to one to one side, so that it cascaded over her knees as she watched him doodle at the edge of her piece, "I p-play harp. I\'m in a band." She ran her fingers through her hair as she spoke, removing minute tangles caused by the breeze carried on the rain – and simply moving her limbs, to keep that chill from setting up camp in her bones.

"I bet y-you\'re good at it," she said, offering another one of those fleeting, hesitant smiles, "I m-mean, I b-bet you\'ve had a lot of time to practice. B-being i-immortal and everything." Vivianne mistakenly assumed that all Vampires were old, since the only other Vampires she\'d actually talked to (all two of them) had been so .

DeathsAngel

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 03:59:19 AM »
Delsen felt his limbs start to go stiff, so he move into a more comfortable position, sitting crossed-legged, as he started to doodle once more. Music and art? He asked himself. Then repeated it out loud: "So, you draw art and play it as well?" He asked with a smile. "I\'ve yet to meet a person who both plays and draws." It was the truth, but then again, he hadn\'t been around a lot of people, even before his turning.

At her comment about him good, he couldn\'t help but to laugh a little. "I\'m afraid not." He said with a little shrug. "I\'m fairly poor at it, I don\'t think I have the patience." He noticed that she had a pleasant smile, even if it was fleeting. "And I\'ve only been a vampire for some months, maybe a year, though I doubt it\'s been that long. I\'m only twenty-one." He continued, his smile sliding into a pleasant grin.

He looked down at his picture and tried to decide what it was, and decided it was probably a bird of some sort, he remembered a raven he\'d seen the other day, and continued drawing, bringing out all the details he remembered. It wasn\'t nearly as good as vivi\'s, but it wasn\'t too, too bad.

Offline Harlequin

• Founder
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 09:04:30 AM »
"Y-you have yet to meet a lot of players, then," she said, surprised by her own boldness, but more surprised that he was ignorant to this; almost every musician she\'d met (and she\'d met a few, in her time, though mostly she\'d avoided talking to them – just heard through her bandmates) had creative aspirations beyond music – though never above it. She shrugged, though, "It\'s not had. I j-j-just do it because I like it." It was much more than that, of course, but it wasn\'t something she had the words – or the motivation – to describe.

"Oh. Sorry." She looked at the floor, embarrassed for guessing wrong about his age. "W-w-well that means you\'ve g-got plenty of time to p-practice then, huh?" Another fleeting, apologetic smile. She tilted her head farther to the side, leaning forward to see what he was drawing, "I like it," she commented, though she couldn\'t rightly identify what, exactly,it was.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 08:36:37 AM »
Delsen thought that her explanation was a bit weak, but he didn\'t press her on it, still he was surprised to know that many musicians did other forms of art as well. He had known very few musicians, and then only barely, she was the first he\'d known well enough to knowshe did both. The thought made him chuckle lightly as he continued to draw.

He looked from his image when she apologized and shrugged it off. "Yeah, plently of time." He said with a casual shrug. A bit too casual shrug, the idea of living through ages terrified him beyond belief. Sometimes, especially when idling time, he could almost forget what he was, except of course for his acute senses, in-human grace and the fact that he couldn\'t go out during the day, maybe "forget" wasn\'t the right word, more like life with without depression. Accept it. Forget the bad parts of what he was, the killing, the never aging, living through ages.

But he blinked his thought away and turned back to his picture, quite for several minutes. He wasn\'t angry or upset with her, more with himself, with what he was. Evil. It was truly evil for him to simply be there.

Her question distracted him from his dreary thoughts and chuckled. "It\'s supposed to be a bird." He answered, feeling slightly embarrassed. "I don\'t know if it was one I saw yesterday, for one from a nightmare I had several years ago." Back when I could sleep. But he didn\'t add that.

Offline Harlequin

• Founder
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2008, 04:41:21 PM »
"Huninn and Munnin," whispered the teenager, perhaps the longest stretch of syllables she\'d uttered without stuttering, "Thought and memory. Th-they\'re ravens." She pointed to the tree, "They belong to Odin, The Allfather."

That hesitant laugh again, "So, uh, apparently you do know something about N-Norse mythology."

She was quiet for a long moment, "W-w-what happened in the nightmare?"

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2008, 06:37:52 PM »
Vivianne would be very unlikely to hear Delsen\'s reply because, at that moment, an uninvited third party gatecrashed their little party with an insanely loud roar; without further ado, a very sleek and powerful motorcycle careened into the gazebo and came to a screeching stop that had the back tyre swinging round - away from the man sitting quietly on the floor, minding his own business but swiping an ugly swathe of grey destruction that was the blending of many chalks through Vivi\'s intricate artwork.

Not content to simply stop, the exeptionally tall vampire sitting astride the pretty beast gunned the engine in a cascading crescendo that echoed fearfully around the enclosed space before he cut it off, eliminating the piercing light of his headlight from where it seemed to be spotlighting the fragile blonde sitting against the wall of the gazebo.  He kicked the stand down, settled the bike appropriately and then sat back in order to remove his helmet, pulling it off to reveal a handsome face with dancing blue-hazel eyes, a devilish grin and a head of stylishly-skewed short auburn hair.  He set the helmet dangling from the uppermost handlebar and swung one denim-clad long leg over the seat.

"Fuck me!" he exclaimed to no-one in particular as he strode towards the gazebo entrance with long, purposeful steps.  He gave no notice to the fact that the water streaming off his leather jacket, saturated jeans and even the tips of his wooden-heeled boots was dripping wildly all over the beautiful art work he was trashing; he unzipped the jacket as he went, stopping at the entrance to peer questioningly up at the sky before spinning on his heel with a perfunctory nod.  "Yep.  There\'s fucking lightning in that shit," he announced enthusiastically, in the manner of one who is happy to have escaped such consequences.

Once his jacket was completely unzipped, his hands went to his slim hips, holding the sides open to reveal a tucked-in black T-shirt pulled tautly over his muscular body, as he took the time to look around.  It was only then that he appeared to realise he was not alone in the gazebo, for he blinked at the supernatural on the ground near his feet and then up at the woman across from him in an obviously surprised (but unperturbed) way.  Finally, his gaze slid back to the man and then to the masterpiece he\'d ruined with his grand entrance and he barked a laugh into the suddenly-silent (except for the noise of the rain pounding on the structure\'s roof) air.

"Shit.  What the fuck sort of tea party did I interrupt here?" he snickered scornfully, looking to either the mortal or the fledgling for his answer.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2008, 06:11:57 AM »
Delsen shot up from his spot on the ground to stand protectively in front and to the left of the girl, and would stay so until he was certain there was no danger to the young human. He watched him ride up to the gazebo and stop, clenching his jaw in frustration as Vivi\'s masterpiece was ruined by the new comer.

There\'s fucking lightning in that shit? Delsen asked himself silently repeating the other man\'s words. What else would he expect in a thunderstorm? He wanted to roll his eyes, but anger and the need to stay aware stopped him. He might be a moron, but that didn\'t mean he couldn\'t be dangerous, and Delsen wouldn\'t allow him to hurt the girl.

Ignoring his question, Delsen took a quick look at Vivi, sure that the third person, whoever he was, would scare her at least as much as he had, probably more. Turning back to the man, he controlled his anger and made sure he didn\'t look down at the recklessly destroyed art.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked angrily, allowing a glance to see the catastrophe the other vampire had created. He wanted to attack him right then and there, but decided against it. If he could get out of fighting he would, but that didn\'t mean he didn\'t want to hurt him. She had worked hard on the artwork and he hated to see it destroyed by a reckless, self-righteous bastard.

But, he didn\'t attack, didn\'t make any sort of threatening gesture, except being rude and the anger in his eyes. In fact, he kept extremely still, more still than any human could possible manage as he waited for him to answer. Or leave, either one would work for Delsen.

Offline Harlequin

• Founder
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2008, 07:41:54 AM »
Light and noise. These were the first things to register; the things that jerked her spine straight, and press her back against the bench the sat on. Her fingers gripped the back of the bench so had that the wet wood splintered, digging into her palms. She stared into the light as it caught her, stunned her, froze her into place and blinded her dialating pupils. As quickly as it came, the light was gone, and with it went her vision, save for the brightly colored ghosts that drifted across the darkness.

The roar of the engine left strains of music behind in her numbed brain, kicking it back into gear, and pushing everything else into sharp focus. There had been a man on that bike, and he was looking at her.

Still frozen, her eyes darted from the bike, to the man, to the ground, and the inconsequential smear of color he\'d made of her drawing. Her mouth worked, but no sound came out. You don\'t need to talk, her mind told her, You need to run. But her limbs were frozen with the same terror that pushed them to move, and her vision was going dim. She had forgotten to breathe.

Godammit Think!
Don\'t go away
You can\'t go away

Connections
There are connections here
Make them

Bitch bike.
Blue lightning.
Red hair.
Fire.
Chaos.
Chaos.

"L-l-l-l-loki," she breathed in sharply. She made a connection; the wrong one, but it snapped her out of her head. It was an answer to Delsen\'s question, though it might not be interpreted as such. Her pale eyes focused on the newcomer, then slid away, noticing that Delsen had moved, but thinking nothing of it beyond that. Her breath came sharp and shallow, her thin chest rising and falling in a panicked tempo. Her heart hammered rabbit fast, hard enough to flutter the thin fabric  of her white tank-top.

A sudden gust of wind whipped her hair in front of her face, ends wet with the rain, and caused the frayed ends of her white silk skirt to flutter around her bare feet. Only her taut muscles, hands gripped to the back of the bench, kept her from being blown over. "E-entropy," she answered Tom. The incipient madness of bleakest terror was fading from her wide eyes, now hidden behind the curtain of blonde hair, but still ringed in chalk and fixed squarely on the redhead.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 12:36:37 AM »
The redhead\'s sneer - because he had no intention of answering the young, young vampire\'s question - shifted off the guy as the girl spoke, but his expression became quite perplexed.  Either the bitch wasn\'t running on full tanks of gas, or she was babbling in another language.

Both options didn\'t excite him and merely had him staring at her for a full ten seconds before he very dramatically and mildly announced: "Riiiight."  He had no desire to mess with some \'touched\' blonde chick right then, so he shifted his attention back to the very gallantly-posed supernatural standing between them.

Mockingly, the elder vampire folded his arms across his chest, swaggered his head and pooched out his lower lip snobbishly as he took a few steps forward.  "Whatcha\' doin\' there, Sparky?" he mocked brightly, very obviously looking the guy up and down.

Maybe he was too young or the wind wasn\'t blowing right for him to have picked up the redhead\'s two century headstart (as far as age went), but he figured getting closer to the posturing idiot would let him in on the secret soon enough.  Then he\'d realise just how pointless it was for him to be drawing himself up like a hero.  "Gonna\' stop me getting to your girlfriend, are ya\'?" he asked, his final words (unbeknownst to him) a very good Jim Carrey imitation as far as fake enthusiasm went.

Really, his enthusiasm wouldn\'t be fake if the little guy decided it was his lucky night and time he took on a far older, far faster and far superior, six-foot-five-inch tall opponent, just to impress his girl.  Fuck, that would make the time pass in all sorts of fast ways!

DeathsAngel

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 10:25:08 AM »
((Edited))

"You alright?" Delsen turned towards Vivi for a moment, hoping that this ordeal hadn\'t made her crack and it was just panic speaking. But he couldn\'t to spend any more than a second to see if she was before he turned back to the vampire as he stepped forward where he could clearly know what exactly he was dealing with.

Oh, shit. He thought with an inner wince. Look what you\'ve gotten yourself into this time? A pickle with an elder, much elder vampire! He added as he felt his body stiffen with a sense of fear.

He didn\'t answer the other\'s question, which was most defiantly the wisest thing to do, but just stood there, hoping his anger didn\'t get the best of him. The last fight he had gotten himself into he had had the excuse of uncontrolled blood-lust, this time, he would have none. Plus, he doubted that whoever he was would care about excuses anyways.

He clenched his jaws at the girlfriend remark, which had been the farthest thing from his mind. "Just leave her alone." He said quietly, but didn\'t let his anger show like the last time he had spoken, actually, it was rather subdued. He knew that if the elder vampire was going to hurt the kid, he wouldn\'t be able to stop him even if he tried, and could probably end up truly dead himself. If he was lucky.

Offline Harlequin

• Founder
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008, 10:54:56 AM »
That very same girlfriend remark caused Vivianne to frown, darting looks over her shoulders. Lots of nothing, and certainly no other girls to which the could be referring. Did they have some previous quarrel with each other?

It struck her then that he\'d been talking about her, and she quelled the manic giggle that bubbled up from her chest as the stranger stranger got in Delsen\'s face. With his increased proxmity, however, her muscles seemed to unlock, and she was able to move again. Whatever else he might be, this man was dangerous, and she needed to go.

So instead of laughing, she flicked most of the hair from her face with one shaking hand; letting the small motion camoflage her larger goal as she began to inch, ever so slowly, away from the pair of them – though her eyes stayed where they were, only flickering away from Tom\'s face when Delsen spoke. Let the redhead think what he wanted; he was distracted by Delsen\'s misplaced chivalry, and no longer blocking her exit so thoroughly. She froze when Delsen spoke to her, however, and locked her gaze on him, "Nnng," she said, intelligently. No, no she was not okay.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008, 11:08:31 AM »
"Or what?" the vampire demanded with an incredulous laugh, his broad grin showing clearly that he was greatly enjoying himself.  Nothing like taking out the antagonism he felt at being prevented from enjoying his night out on complete strangers.  He\'d got up early specifically so he could get to Risk and find himself a nice clean meal and all, only to be stopped a few minutes into his ride by the storm.

Being a vampire - who was notoriously more combustible than the average mortal - riding around on a lightning rod like his steel horse was just asking for trouble.  He\'d ridden directly for the nearest bit of cover he\'d seen (which had, techinically, been a bus shelter that was crowded with similarly huddled people, so he\'d vetoed that in favour of the gazebo.  Much more room in here).

"You gonna fight me, bitch?" he sneered a challenge at the other vampire, looking imperiously down at him over his still-folded arms.  He only had eyes for the guy at this stage, the girl was only vague movement and paleness in his peripheral vision and not important when there was the possibility of a fight to be had.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2008, 09:20:58 AM »
((OOC: Sorry, not much of a post... I\'ve had a long and rather depressing day... Maybe my next reply will be better))

Delsen didn\'t answer his first question. What could he do? Nothing, except get them both killed by speaking up. Well, it wasn\'t like he\'d never been in this position before, and maybe this time he wouldn\'t make it through. Though, that wasn\'t as much as a wish as it had been the last time. Actually, dying was something absolutely didn\'t want.

He noticed Vivi moving, but didn\'t turn to look at her. He knew that if he could sense her moving, so could the other vampire, but still, it would be better not to draw any more attention to her. He just hoped that she was ready to run at the moments notice.

He smiled at the next question, he couldn\'t help it. "Not if I can help it, I won\'t. But, that\'s obviously what you want, so I\'ll probably be forced into fighting you anyways. So, most probably, yes, I will end up fighting you, and yes, you will win, and no, I\'ll have accomplished nothing." It was something he absolutely shouldn\'t have said, but he wanted to get this done and over with. Plus, if he distracted the elder vampire, he knew, Vivi was out of her panic enough to escape. At least, he hoped she was.

Offline Harlequin

• Founder
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 09:57:16 AM »
Once Delsen\'s focus left her, Vivianne continued to creep along the bench until she\'d reached the opposite end. Still listening intently to the conversation, she let go of the bench\'s backrest with one hand, using it to fish around behind her for the coat she\'d dropped unceremoniously in the corner midway through her work. She dared to look away from the pair of them for a second, when she couldn\'t immediately lay hands on the item.

Just thirty more seconds, she prayed to no one in particular, as her hand closed on leather, Just keep them busy for thirty more seconds.