Author Topic: Another Long Day  (Read 8475 times)

DeathsAngel

Another Long Day
« on: November 20, 2008, 01:17:13 PM »
((Continued from a A Innocent Day Turned Deadly
reserved for Idrail))

Malken opened his eyes slowly, the streaming light bringing a headache onward, for minute there he thought he was suffering from a hangover from drinking too much the previous night, but remembered that that night was several weeks ago, even though it was lodged firmly into his memory as being the best in his life, and the worst.
For it was in that night that he had almost lost his most beloved, but that was also the night where she promised to be his...

Malken shot straight up in bed as his last thought trailed away and the next thought arose; I\'m getting married today. Was his thought as the horror of the concept slowly sunk in. I\'m getting married today. With a long groan he sunk back into his pillow and threw the covers over his head.

But eventually the maid came into to wake him and he was forced from his bed. He dressed himself in a light blue, almost uniform-like outfit, he didn\'t were the puffs as was the fashion, but instead had long sleeves that had lace for cuffs, and light blue pants to match. It was an almost plain outfit, and certainly not the fashion, but looked extremely well on him. It brought out the royalty in his blood, extremely distant though it might be.

Eventually, he was dressed, and on shaking knees walked down the stairs. I\'m getting married today. He repeated in his mind with dry gulp.
What had possessed him? It had seemed like such a great idea when he was holding her, even afterwards, he was distracted by the Delegroth that he didn\'t spend too much thought. Then, when he had, the nervousness that now consumed him had only started a couple of days ago, and it had been minor at that.
But now that it was going to happen in a day-In less than a day! In only a couple of hours even!- the nervousness turned into a terror.

It wasn\'t a bad terror, and he had no thoughts of turning back, for there was nothing more in this world that he wanted more than Keara, and for her to be her wife. Though children weren\'t even in his process of thinking as of yet.(for which Belron was grateful, he wasn\'t ready to be a grandfather)
It was more of "I can\'t believe this is actually happening" sort of terror. Only a couple of months ago did the mere idea of marriage not even inter his mind, except maybe in a few promises that he never intended to keep, nor had she intended to allow him if he had indeed intend to keep them.

His train of thought was cut off-thank Telron-as he reached the kitchen and saw his father sitting on at it in a mug of ale, his breakfast. Actually, it looked rather good right now, that ale did.

Belron turned around to face his son and let out a deep laugh. "You look worse than when you had that hangover a few weeks ago!" He chuckled.

"Funny." Malken sneered as he sat down. He and his father had been getting better, it had seemed that the idea of marriage had matured Malken more than imagined, even more than meeting Keara had.
Though he didn\'t say so, it had been the same with Belron.

"Come, have a small drink, but be wary, \'tis your wedding day, and you don\'t want to go there drunk!" He chuckled his deep chuckle again.

Malken felt like punching him, but didn\'t say anything as he sat down at the table. The cook came in with another(small) mug of ale and a bull of porridge, to which Malken shook his head. If he ate anything he was sure to puke it up.

"Eat. You\'ll regret if you don\'t." Belron said, gesturing towards the food. Malken still shook his head.

"I\'ll regret if I do." Was all he said.

Less than five minutes later Belron stood up and left the room, he came back a couple minutes later dressed in a military dress uniform. True he was retired, but he doubted anyone would mind if he wore this to his son\'s wedding, and after the Delegroth business he earned it. He had earned a lot more, too, but to go back and rejoin the military was not high on his lists as they thought, for they kept trying to convince him otherwise. Frightfully annoying actually, but he had dealt with it before and he could deal with it again.

"You ready? We\'ll have to leave soon if we want to get to town with plenty of time." Belron turned and left without waiting for a reply from Malken, who stood there the color draining from his face once more.

He took one last drink of ale for luck and left.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
Re: Another Long Day
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 09:11:25 AM »
“Are all these curls really necessary?” She couldn’t move her head without getting a stern look from her Aunt Millia much less do a facial expression. She gave a small laugh towards Keara and continued to make what seemed like a hundred more curls; she had been sitting for a good two hours and maybe more before her Aunt was done with her hair. She gave a wide smile, “You look beautiful Keara, much like your mother on her wedding day.” Keara could help but smile for she wished her mother was here to this glorious day that was so suddenly upon her, but mostly someone to talk too about what was to follow afterwards. She carefully moved her head and looked at Millia, “Aunt Millia what it like being with …. A Man?”  Her Aunt gave her a small smile, “It’s not my place to discuss it, and it is your mothers and hers alone. You will have too wait and see my child.” Keara gave a small huff before adding in her two scents, “Whats the point with all these curls if there only going to be ruined tonight anyways then?” Millia cracked her one with the brush to just to shut her up which in fact it worked quite well.

Thomas at that point walked in, “Took a lot of digging but I found your mothers wedding dress.” He set it gently on the bed with a wide smile on his face. Keara had insisted that she would wear her mothers wedding dress or she would go out there in a white slip and nothing else. Millia nodded with great satisfaction, “Good after this wedding we are organizing that mess of an attic.” Thomas mumbled something under his breath only to get a severe look from Millia. She pointed her thumb towards the door, “Keara we will step out while you slip into your mothers dress then we will finish with the final touches.” Keara rolled her eyes, if she knew a wedding was going to be this big of a deal she would have ran away with Malken that bloody night. They both left Keara to change.

As they stepped away form the door so that they were out of ear shot of Keara. Millia whispered to Thomas, “Is the house all in order, Cleaned top to bottom?” Thomas nodded his head, for the last few weeks he had been making up excuses to Keara to leave the house to ready the house her mother had grew up in as a wedding present. Millia nodded her head back, “Belron and Malken should be arriving soon go and meet them will you I may be a few more hours with this stubborn child of yours.” Thomas smiled before adding in his two scents, “She gets it from your side.” He quickly ran down the stairs so that Millia couldn’t get the last word in or if she could at least he could say he didn’t hear it. He exited the house and waited outside for Malken and Belron.

Millia shook her head before re-entering the room. She was stunned by how beautiful she looked in the elegant gown. She gazed at Keara for a few moments before moving over to the chest, inside where white diamond earrings and a diamond necklace. The ones her mother had worn, as she placed them on Keara she looked with pride, “Now all you need is the final touches and we should be done and sit still this time.” Keara gave a low grumble before remaining quite and was going to be quite happy when all this was done and she was with her Malken once again.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 09:33:43 AM »
Belron had, in the beginning, tried to give Malken fashion advice, to which his son just walked out on. Belron\'s idea of a dressing up was uniform. Actually, from what he had heard from friends, that was exactly what he had worn to his wedding. And extremely nice uniform, not, Malken decided, what he would wear.

So, in the end, he did not feel ridiculous in his stupendous outfit, though Belron had rolled his eyes and grumbled something which Malken had no intent of finding out what. It had given the boy some pleasure, but little received, for it wasn\'t his a sense of looking ridiculous that concerned him... Actually, he wasn\'t exactly sure what concerned him, he concluded as the carriage rumbled on towards Keara\'s house.

As he stepped out Belron leaned towards him and told him that he should unclench his hands. It was only then that Malken noticed the pain in his palms coming from where his nails dug into his skin, when he unclenched his tense fists he saw creases that he would would disappear before... What was coming up. He couldn\'t force himself to even think the terrifying word "wedding."

He smiles nervously at Thomas as he arrive, and Belron walked forward to clasp the other man\'s arm in friendship. "Boy\'s nervous as a spooked mare. Hah!" He said gruffly, his deep voice full of humor, but not sympathy.

"Truly, Father, if you\'re going to crack jokes you might as well do it elsewhere, I have no intention of listening to your nonsense." His voice a little sharp, but you could hear confusion and fear in it as well. Belron just laughed.

"I thought it best to come here first, before heading to the church, to see if everything\'s going as planned. How\'s Keara doing?" Belron smiled broadly. Malken stifled a groan, he almost hoped something had happened and they would have to postpone, but he also wanted nothing more than to go through with it. Why on earth am I so afraid of getting... Of what\'s going to happen? It\'s not like I\'m heading to my doom... But still, he felt nervous enough to collapse, only sheer will power kept him upright.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 01:05:51 PM »
Thomas clutched Belron’s hand tightly before letting go of his firm handshake, he looked at Malken before cracking a small smile, “Think your giving the boy too much credit, I think spooked Mare is an understatement.” He could help but give a hearty laugh at boy only to wave his hand to show him that he was kidding after all. Marriage was a big thing that was being put on his shoulders at such the young age, it was a life long commitment but he was confident they would do just fine. Thomas slapped his hand on the boys shoulder to show he would do just fine and he would be all right, “Everything is going as planned Belron, although my daughter may be a few more hours with her Aunt. She’s more nervous than you my boy and being a bit stubborn. Gets it from her Aunts side of the family.” He gave out a hearty laugh before being hit square in the face with an unknown and luckily a soft object.

Thomas looked up too see Millia hanging out the window, “I got eyes and ears everywhere Thomas Oya, next time it’ll be a frying pan coming your way. Ranger my ass, Good morning Belron and Malken.” She gave a wave at friendly wave at them from the second story window. She was delighted to see to see that they dropped by before heading to the church, “Keara should be a good hour yet, so you boys better head over to the church. And in one piece … Thomas.” Thomas grumbled something before whistling for his Keara’s horse, he gawked at the horse as he couldn’t believe what Millia had done. His mane all in beautiful braids with bright wedding colors, “Millia it’s not the horse that’s getting married! I’ll look like a bloody fool riding him to the church.” Millia crossed her arms before yelling out the window, “You’ll be a sorry man if you’re late Thomas now you get moving before I beat you old man.” She withdrew from the window in an attempt to get back to Keara. Thomas shrugged his shoulders before climbing on the horse and nodding at Belron and Malken showing he would meet them at the church.

Thomas arrived to the church with ease, along with a few concealed laughs here and there from those gathering inside the church. He merely shrugged it off as he led the horse to the back of the church and entered the rear side door, he now waited for Belron and the boy to arrive. Maybe have a social drink to calm the boys nerves a little.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 10:59:41 AM »
Malken didn\'t quite glare at Thomas\' joke, but he did glare at his father when he let loose one of his booming, yet hearty laughs. "You may be right, Thomas. But you should\'ve seen him when he woke up this morning! Boy looked like the gruond was going to open up and eat whole!" He laughed again.

It would\'ve been welcome. Malken thought, then was disgusted with himself afterward. This was his wedding day, and he wanted the ground to open up and eat him whole. He had asked her, for Talon\'s sake! But he knew it was just his nerves, and they had been getting a little easier each hour. Or was it year? To be honest, had felt like years since he had woken up this morning. This morning. He repeated silently, not quite believing it to be true.

But, his train of thought was broken as he jumped a good inch from Thomas\' slap on the shoulder. He tried to look calm afterwards, but it didn\'t work very well. Spooked as a mare really was an understatement. Right now, all he wanted to do was to leaned on Keara for awhile to calm down, but he knew that wasn\'t possible. Still, he at least tried to remain calm, as to avoid any more jokes directed towards him.

Belron let loose another of his brass laughs at Millia\'s words. "One can be the greatest fighter in the world, and yet how do they always catch us off our guard?" He asked Thomas with a mock serious face. Malken would have rolled his eyes and commented at his father\'s joke or laugh along, if he was starting to become even more nervous. Was it his imagination or had he gotten a slight glimpse of a second figure in the room? Could it have been Keara? All dressed up and ready for their... Wedding. His gulped hurt his throat.

"Ahh, but she\'s done just a good job fixing the horse up!" Belron joked once more, defending Millia. He was in an extremely good mood this day, though inetially he had almost been against the idea of Malken getting married, today, now that it was just a couple hours away, it didn\'t seem like such a bad thing. Actually, it pleased him greatly.

Sometimes, though there was a touch of sorrow hidden in his joy. It would have been absolutely wonderful if the boy\'s mother was around to see this. She wasn\'t the type that went berzerk at events such at these, and she would have been very practically about it.  But, still, it would have pleased her greatly. Belron\'s smile faded  only slightly, but then returned in full force. In a sense, she was there, and it was up to him to show her joy.

The time riding to the church seemed to fly by to both men, and when they finally arrived Malken wasn\'t sure how they had gotten there. It had never bothered him until he saw the building and his fear level rose to new heights. He found himself praying to both gods at that moment, for what, he wasn\'t sure, but he just knew he was praying.

After that, they went through all kinds of preparations, but if he helped them or not, he didn\'t remember. It didn\'t matter though, for it would only be a couple of minutes before he was ushered into his own little room until the... Wedding started. Or was it hours? Centuries sounded the most accurate of all the time frames. Centuries and half-seconds. No, not half-seconds, a moment. Time was such a confusing subject for Malken right then, he both dreaded it passing so face, and felt each second move slowly by.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 02:23:51 AM »
Keara paced back and forth within the small room, she had been kept her for hours on end and all she wanted was Malken at this point. Today had been particularly stressful on her it had been many months since Malken had been away from her for this long. It was slowly taking a toll on her already stressed out nerves and body, she couldn\'t wait until this day was done and over with so that that her and Malken may spend a life time together.

As Milla re-entered the room for what seemed sevreal hours later to place a beautiful brown cloak over her white wedding dress. Keara gave a nervous sigh, she was happy that she was getting married but terrified at the same time. As she fastened the cloak around her body concealing her dress thoughts began to slowly drift into her mind. What if Malken changed his mind at the last second,what if he just nevered showed and dissipeared forever leaving her heart broken. Or worse there marriage would end in divorce, the very thought made her shudder with fear.

No she told herself this was the love of her life, someone she wanted to spend the rest of her days with and Malken was that person. A warm smile covered her face and soon the thoughts of a failed mariage and doubts left her mind without a trace of coming back. This was going to be a marriage that would surely last til the end of her living days and she would devote herself not only to her profession but now she would devote herself to Malken.

As she slowly boarded the carriage that was left behind for transportation she sat in silence not speaking a word to anyone as she was lost in her thoughts. A slight smile was visible on her face, she wanted nothing more than to be in Malkens arms. To hear his sweet voice and to look into his beautiful blue eyes that made her melt into his arms. She truly did love him and nothing could change the feelings Keara felt for Malken.

As she was lost in her thoughts it didn\'t register that they have arrived at the church, she quickly raised her hood careful not to expose her identity before the wedding cerimonies. She was ushered into a small room within the church, for now she was to stay here until her father came in to give her away. For now she played her favorite game the waiting game, she slowly sat down on a wooden chaiir and slightly tapped her foot.

Millia quickly made it down the hallway to where the three men were so called mingling with each other, she quickly knocked on the door before letting herself in the room. She spoke in a joyful tone towards the men, "Keara has arrived I expect you all in your postions in fifteen minutes, I will will take my place within the church." She nodded her head and gave a slight smile towards Belron before exiting the room. Thomas took his leave as well to attended his daughter not before saying a few simple words to Malken, " Malken .... You\'ve made my daughter very happy and I cannot thank you enough." Thomas bowed his head before exiting the room.

Her quickly walked towards where Keara was being kept,as he opened the door he couldn\'t believe the beautiful creature standing in the room was is daughter. He stepped into the room quickly shutting the door behind him and embracing his  in a warm hug and gently kissed her forehead. She was absolutely stunning with her soft brown curls and that white wedding dress against her golden brown skin. She was truly a woman in his eyes and would make Malken a very happy man.

He then slowly krept towards the door opening it a tiny crack to watch when Malken would step up to the alter before Thomas lead Keara down the aisle to give her away to Malken. He was silent as he waited and wanting them to hurry as he could hear the impatient breath of Keara behind him. He muttered a saying under his breath wanting them to hurry.