Author Topic: A Change Of Pace  (Read 3597 times)

DeathsAngel

A Change Of Pace
« on: November 16, 2008, 07:16:45 AM »
Arestrol watched waves splash and for a minute, he was absolutely still. He couldn\'t remember a time last he was absolutely still, it was certainly different than what he was used to. A strange sensation that he couldn\'t understand, though he tried to, as he watched the water glitter and sparkle in the always changing waves in it\'s never changing was.

But the moment soon passed, and he was walking down towards the waves, sometimes in a slow steady pace, sometimes in jaunts, causing him to always trip over his feet. When he reached the shore, he noticed that he was alone, that too, was strange. He was used to the busy energy of bustling people, rushing, always rushing to get somewhere they deemed important. Important, what a funny meaning. How can something that consumes your thoughts and fill you with uncertainty and doubt, or grief and pain, or just plain boring, be important? This, he did not understand. Nor did he truly wish to.

But soon, the thought left him as he reached the rolling waves, having them splash upon his feet, sending tingles through his entire body causing him to laugh as though tickled. He must visit the beach more often, he could not remember ever being here before, which in itself wasn\'t strange for he did not spend any time remembering. Though, in truth, he had never been there before, which was strange. Probably because he didn\'t feel the energy he was used to, as he had lived in cities for many years.

Though the waves held energy, he wished someone was hear to talk to, for Mack, as he chose to call himself after a friend he remembered clearly, a dear friend. In truth it was just a name he had overheard in the conversation thirty years ago.
What was I thinking about? He asked silently, he shrugged and dreamed on, moving along the beach in happy bliss, though slightly lonely.

Luna Moon

Re: A Change Of Pace
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 02:56:54 PM »
(Mind if I join?)

Unda sat closer than she usually did. She gave up on trying to venture into the city alone and made her way back to the beach on her wobbly legs. She watched as the water came to the very tip of her toes and the white foam tickled the tops of them. Her knees were up to her chin and her arms around them as she looked at the water. Her adventure into the human world wasn\'t going so well and she had yet to meet anyone that wasn\'t mean to talk to her. She sighed and put her mouth and nose into the crook of her knees.

Her clothes were always damp and covered with sand. The jeans and light blue sweater were starting to get a little wore and Unda was starting to wonder if she could acquire any more soon. She pulled the sleeves over her hands and wrapped her arms around her knees once more. After a few minutes she reached down into the sand and ran her fingers over it, making swirling and angular designs in the wet grains. A few more minutes she heard footsteps. Looking up Unda saw a man coming.

She wrapped her arms around her legs again and watched him come closer. Curious, she watched him intently. There were no other people here and he seemed slightly troubled. She wondered if he would speak to her if he came closer, so she lay her head down on its side on her knees and watched as a child would. Her aquamarine eyes glimmered slightly in the light shining down and her green hair was fairly messy, being windblown all day. Her pale face never changed the curious expression as she watched him come nearer.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 11:38:25 PM »
((OOC: More than welcome! Appreciated even.))

Arestrol looked down at the girl he hadn\'t noticed earlier, this wasn\'t really surprising, he often didn\'t notice other things, the only reason he noticed her now was because she felt different than humans. Demon maybe? Ha! This outta be fun.

"Didn\'t see you there, young lady, hope I didn\'t startle you. I\'m Machel, Mack for short, and you are? You\'re very pretty, you know, are you a demon, what type? I\'m a demon myself, electricity demon, damn proud of it, too, you wouldn\'t believe the things I\'ve seen in my day, ha!" He smiled though didn\'t stop talking. "I once killed a Pharaoh!" Actually, he\'d seen it in a movie then dreamed about it the next time he had slept three weeks ago, but he didn\'t remember it as such. "Tough, he was, but I made it in the end, I did. What have you done? You have any adventures? I have plenty, but I like to hear other peoples\' adventures, too. Give me an idea of what to do later on, don\'t you think that\'s a good idea, I do, which is why I do it." He said down next to her as he spoke, and looked out into see. "How long you been with the humans? I love human, so fascinating, don\'t you think?"

"What was you\'re name again?" He asked once more, having forgotten that he had already asked, this time he gave her time to respond before carrying on again.

Luna Moon

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 03:18:54 AM »
Unda listened as he spoke. Another demon had found her, she thought for a moment and stood. He kept speaking and a grin spread over her features as he told her of adventures. She waited until he was done and asked for her name. "My name is Unda. I\'m a water demon," she said in a clear, beautiful voice. She reminded herself that was why the humans called them sirens. Their voices were luring to others. She smiled at the power demon.

"It\'s nice to meet you Machel," her child-like innocence was blatantly obvious even when she wasn\'t innocent. She looked at him curiously for a moment then back to the water. "I haven\'t been on land long. A few days at the most. You are the first to talk to me. Most humans and other creatures are mean." She frown and looked back at him. "Will you help me see the human world?" she asked excitedly, she calmed herself down. "I mean... I haven\'t been off of the beach. Will you stay for a while?" Honestly, Unda didn\'t want to be left alone again after someone had spoken to her kindly.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 03:58:39 AM »
Ideas ran through Arestrol\'s head like a herd of wild horses, most of them with no logic at all, some far from innocent and several others. But the mere idea of adventures with another demon was enough to make him smile broadly. "My dear, of course I will!" He responded his voice seemed to slow down for a moment, but it sped up again as he spoke once more, almost as if he wasn\'t sure how he should speak. "The humans can be mean, especially to those of the sea, but they can be so much fun as well. You just have to know how to play them."

Yes, he fewed humans as nothing more than toys for his intertainment, and in his many years his opinion of them hasn\'t changed, nor does it look like it ever will. Other demons however, were playmates instead of toys, thus higher rated. Plus, she had a very pretty voice, it seemed to draw him, and he held no resistance to it, nor did he wish to.

"I\'ll stay as long as you wish me to." His voice slowed once more, and he meant it to. He remembered briefly a story of a water nymph he\'d heard, and how she\'d draw sailors off and drawn them, but a nice girl like... What did she say her name was? Andu or something-Unda! That was it! A nice name, he hadn\'t heard anything similar in a long time.

He smiled again, moving his position so that he was sitting on the sand, he knees drawn up and the water came and splashed against his feet, causing tingles up his entire body. If any human was touching the water near by, they would probably have been fried, but he didn\'t even consider if it would hurt Unda, actually, he didn\'t think about it at all, this was not unusual for Mack.

"What would you like to do? There\'s so many things to do, even I haven\'t explore them all. But I shall ask you, for today is your first day here in the land of..." He paused trying to think of a word, but didn\'t spend more than a second before moving on without bothering. "So, you get to decide what to do next." He smiled his charming smile at her.

Luna Moon

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 01:06:54 PM »
Unda watched him as he sat down and she followed, watching him as she sat down in her previous position. Another demon had found her and she was excited.She grinned as he spoke, liking his enthusiasm. As he asked what she would want to do, Unda thought for a moment before speaking. "I would like to see something other than this beach considering I have been here day and night for a few days." Unda looked up at him curiously and slightly naive. "Could you show me somewhere other than the beach?" she asked hopefully. Unda had wanted to get off of the beach since she had gotten there but her previous attempts didn\'t work so well.

Unda watched him and stood up, her legs hadn\'t quite gotten used to the land and she swayed for a momennt before regaining her balance and becoming steady again. She looked down at him and smiled. "Will you?" she asked very eagerly once again. Unda was ready to see the human\'s world.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 09:20:48 AM »
((OOC: When we reach the city do you want to remake the roleplay or stick with this one?))

Arestrol jumped up with inhuman speed and smiled. "I\'d love to, you\'ll absolutely adore humans. They\'re so fascinating!" His smile grew, his speech had slowed randomly and now he stood there for a second completely still.

But for only a second, for he blinked once and grabbed her arm, leading(though closer to dragging) her towards the city. "It\'s defiantly the most interesting city I\'ve ever been it. The name is..." He stopped suddenly. "Well, isn\'t that something." He stated, letting go of her arm with a bemused look on his face. "I don\'t believe I know the name of this city. How funny. How interesting. How exciting." His smile came back, almost as large as before. He looked like a young child on Christmas day opening his presents. He looked like that most of the time, he found people liked him more when he looked like this.

Starting to walk along the beach again, though at a slower pace than before, he didn\'t grab her arm this time, instead chatted endlessly, occasionally giving her time to respond.

"I was afraid when I first came to humans." He confided at the end of a story about him fighting a dragon back three hundred years ago, most of it was true actually, except the dragon was green not red. "It was a small village, not even civilized." True. "The chief noticed me right off for being special, compared to humans." True, he had ordered his men to attack him, but Mack didn\'t remember it that way. "But..." He stopped suddenly and smiled. They had reached the end of the beach, causing him to completely forget the story he was telling her.

He stopped and blinked for a minute, trying to remember where he was. Whenever he left cities, and the energy in them, and returned he always forgot everything for a moment, but it returned in a pleasurable rush. "But, why don\'t you tell me a story from the seas? I have never been welcome there I\'m afraid." Which was true, he had tried to go to some water demons three times but they never allowed him because of what he was.

Luna Moon

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 05:54:04 PM »
((OOC: Whichever one is easier for you. I\'m fine either way.))

Unda tried to keep up with her wobbly legs and bare feet as he drug her toward the city. She giggled as he tried to remember the name of the city and was pleased when he thought that the city without a name was exciting. As he told her a story about him fighting a dragon many years ago she listened intently. She thought he told the story well and was intent to find out how he fought it, asking a few questions here and there when he paused. She wasn\'t surprised when he stopped, she had guessed that he couldn\'t remember well, but when he asked about tales of the sea she grinned mischieviously.

"You have heard the tales of beautiful women with tails of fish luring young sailors to them and causing them to wreck their ships and drown right?" she smiled at the other demon. "I do have to admit that I may have taken part in a few of those games." Looking at him once again, she spoke, "I do have a story of a few of my sisters and I escaping from some horrible sea monster." Unda told her story of how she and some of her sisters outsmarted a great black monster from some deep pit in the ocean floor. They had gotten it caught in an underwater rock formation as they swam to escape. She watched him as she spoke and was silent for a moment after her story.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 04:24:47 AM »
((OOC: We probably should, when we get off the beach))

Arestrol stopped dead as she started to tell her story, watching her with hungry eyes. Arestrol\'s one true passion was that of stories, whether they be his or someone Else\'s, it didn\'t matter, just so long as it was exciting. He made the appropriate sounds at times, a gasp here, "aww" there, a giggle once or twice if it called for it. What made his reactions most amusing was that they were honest, like when telling an exciting story to a young child.

He couldn\'t help but to be disappointed when she ended the story, it had been such a marvelous story he didn\'t want it to end. "What a wonderful story!" He clapped his hands together happily. "One flaw about the humans is that their stories aren\'t so nearly exciting as those of my distant cousins! I loved how you trapped the horrible monster!" He made the perfect show of disgust when he said the words "horrible monster".

"Do you want to know a secret?" He asked suddenly, his eyes bright with anticipation. It wasn\'t much of a secret, but it was his best kept one. The one thing he always remembered to do was to not tell people his real name, except for a special few. It was the only secret he was able to keep. But, he had decided to fill her in on the secret and tell her his true name. If only because she had told him such a wonderful story.

Luna Moon

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 01:32:53 PM »
((OOC: Okay.))

Unda giggled at his reaction. He reminded her of a small hatchling or what she had heard of human children. Hatchlings were always lured and amazed by brilliant stories of action and adventure, a few even liked stories of love. She giggled again as he called the monster horrible. He was someone she was beginning to connect with, that never happened to her, even with her own kind. She never related to them well, always a little too different and too odd. Who knew she would find someone she could slightlly connect to when she decided to look into the human world a little more.

She nodded with wide-eyed innocence as he asked if she wanted to know a secret. "Oh yes," she said seriously, child-like, "I would love to know. I promise not to tell anybody." Her expression was of complete innocence as she waited for his secret. Unda was a child-like demon stuck in a world of serious people not willing to have fun. Her main goal in life was to have fun probably. However, all of her attention was on the person she now considered her new friend, Mack.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 08:47:46 AM »
((OOC: You make or I?))

Arestrol clapped his hands in delight, though he didn\'t understand why she was giggling. He would ask about it later, if indeed he remembered, which wasn\'t very likely. "I love telling secrets!" He exclaimed happily, then his face grew serious. "My real name is Machel." He said in a hushed voice. "I find that there are humans that can use your true name against you in ways truly horrible! So, I always tell everyone my name is Machel, but it\'s really not. It\'s Arestrol. Though, Machel is a much nicer name, don\'t you think?" His face had lost it\'s seriousness early on in his little speech, and his extremely charming smile had reappeared, that would have a basic human girl close to drooling before him, which he always found entaining. Though it rarely had that effect on other Supernaturals.

He looked around, trying to remember where they were going, oh yes, the city. Such a lively place it was, like that of the demon beside him. He had always found demons and angels to have the most energy, more than any human he knew, but they rarely moved around in packs like the humans did, which was what gave them their energy.

After his breif pause he had started on another tale, almost complete forgetting hers, except to use to help another of his stories later on. This one was of a wizard he had met several centuries ago who had helped him kill a shadow demon of immence powers, who was on a mission to destroy the world. Not a word of it was true, but it was a very interesting story nontheless, and passed the few remaining minutes to the city wonderfully.

Luna Moon

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 01:17:50 PM »
Unda watched the demon with interest as he told his secret. "Arestrol," she said quietly. "I like that name. It\'s nice." Unda walked beside him quietly for a moment as he told another tale. This one had a wizard and magic. She did love Mack\'s stories, they let her remember her more adventurous past. When he finished she smiled. "That was a great story. You tell great stories." Unda watched the city get bigger as they approached it. "I tried to go in to the city but I ran into trouble. I\'m still not sure about going back." She slowed down slightly and grabbed Mack\'s arm.

Almost hanging on to him she looked to the city warily. Her natural fight or flight instinct was telling her to run from the ominous city. "Does it always look so mean?" she asked Mack quietly. "I don\'t like it that much." She frown as she looked at the tall buildings and smaller ones nearer them.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 09:56:59 AM »
Arestrol\'s boyish smile grew at her compliments. "I enjoy stories, too. The best stories I heard were from..." He tried to remember a friend he\'d had a long time ago. "Alex." He smiled, it had been John and he really never told great stories, but Mack didn\'t remember it like that.

"Trouble? With who?" He asked, not really worried.. He wasn\'t worried about cops, but he\'d heard something about the... The Oligarchy. They didn\'t sound nice at all. Of course, if they got into trouble with them... What a wonderful story that would make!

He noticed her leaning on his shoulder, noticing for the first time that she really was afraid of the city. He had never been afraid of it, he thought it looks like a city in a horror film and all the stories that could be found there. He stopped and turned to her, pondering over what she said.

"Mean?" He asked, turning towards the city. It did look rather mean. "Yes, I suppose it does look rather mean." He thought about it for a second. "But... I generally don\'t think about it." He said thoughtfully. "You have to look at it right," he continued. "Not as a mean town, but look at the stories that must lay beyond what the eye can see." He shrugged a little, his smile returning. "There are a great many mysteries still unknown between those dreary walls." He smiled warmly. "Some things are truly terrorfying, but most, are just people, humans, demons or others, trying to make a living... Though, most of their lives do not consent with a humans\' term \'normal\'."

He patted her hand around his arm, smiling warmly. "Don\'t fear it, the city, any city, no matter how mean it looks, it\'s only a bunch of building placed together." He said, his voice serious for a change, one could hear the age and, no matter that most of his stories were lies, experience.

Luna Moon

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 02:14:06 PM »
((OCC: Oh, sorry about that last time. Would you make the thread?))

Unda watched the city as Mack explained. The buildings were dark and tall, towering over everything else. Some looked mistreated while others were clean and shiny. Unda tightened her grip on Mack\'s arm as she looked over the buildings nearest them. "Will you stay with me? I don\'t want to go alone. Stay with me the whole time, please," she said quickly, looking up at him with worried eyes. She looked down at her feet. "Can I go without shoes?" she asked, realizing that her feet were still bare under the slightly long pants. She wriggled her toes slightly in the sand.

Unda looked back up at Mack. "Where do we go first?" she asked, nervous but still curious about the life on land. She had heard of places where they sold food and places you could buy a room for a few nights. The human\'s world seemed so much more fascinating than the depths of the sea where there is nothing but rocks and others like you. She brushed a few greenish hairs out of her face as she held on tight to his arm with her other hand.

DeathsAngel

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 08:32:40 AM »
((OOC: Continued in A Night On the Town))