Author Topic: Cravings  (Read 6805 times)

Offline Harlequin

• Founder
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Cravings
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 06:42:38 AM »
The kiss surprised her and, her face said so – but not unpleasantly; he wasn\'t trying to kiss with tongues, after all. It was actually quite endearing. She smiled, then nodded quickly in response to his question "Oh, yeah, sure," she said, and moved out of the circle of his arms, eager to get underway. "Why wouldn\'t I?" she asked as she turned toward the bike, having noted the hint of anxiety in his voce. There really wasn\'t anywhere else for them to go, and she liked his house. It was sweet; perfect for two people.

Apparently the question was rhetorical, however, because she was talking again before he could reply. "I don\'t have a helmet," she told him as she pulled a hat much like the one left behind in the park on their first encounter from a small bag fastened to the handlebars of her bike. She wound her hair up into the cap as she went on, "And I like to go fast. So, uh, hold on tight," she suggested as she swung a leg over the bike. She slipped her key into the ignition and jump-started the engine, then aimed expectant eyes up at the vampire.

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Cravings
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 07:35:33 AM »
He laughed and got on behind her, wrapping his arms around her middle to make a point.  "Girl, if I hold on tight, you won\'t be able to breathe!" he declared and squeezed her ever so slightly to prove it.  He let go almost immediately and settled his hands on her hips instead, knowing that his supernatural balance and riding experience meant that he didn\'t really even need contact with her to stay on the bike, but he was happy to maintain the illusion.  It meant he got to touch her.

True to her word, Vivi left the club in a roar he would never have believed possible of someone so delicate - and she wasn\'t lying about going fast, either (he soon found out, to his whooping delight)!  In the end, he did have to get a firmer grip on her after all.

(Continued in \'A Fistful of Glitter\')