Author Topic: Lacking Interest  (Read 7730 times)

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Lacking Interest
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 01:43:02 PM »
The newly-christened vampire grinned and nodded.  "George it is," he enthused, reaching over to shake Will\'s hand again.  "Hi, I\'m George!" he announced needlessly, pumping the blonde\'s hand enthusiastically before letting it go and curling his hands around his hips.  His chest puffed up and his gaze drifted out and away across the crowd and he wondered if Vivi would be convinced to call him George or not, when next they met (she wasn\'t here tonight, which was one of the main reasons he\'d come).

"Yes, that will be fine," he murmured to himself, looking back at Will almost like he was surprised to see him there.  "Now.  About this city - you want to find somewhere to sit?" he interrupted himself.  When his suggestion was met with agreement, he began boldly making his way through the crowd until he found them a booth to sit at.  He felt it was the lesser of two evils - if he was going to be hanging out with a dude, he\'d prefer it not be straight into the private room, not to simply discuss the city, anyway.

Once they\'d slid in behind the table, \'George\' turned a little towards his left, to look more carefully at his companion.  "So.  I don\'t normally spend a lot of time in one place.  I had these buddies that I\'d do a lot of shit with - fly all over the world just to find some extreme entertainment, y\'know? - but they\'re mortal and when I found this place during one of our down times, I figured out how hard I was being on myself.  Most of them never figured out what I was so I\'ve just gradually lost contact with them, and bought a place here.  I have it rigged up real nice, so it looks like shit on the outside - like there\'s nothing worthwhile inside - and that there\'s someone home nights.  Inside, well... I spent all my money on it, so it\'s real comfy," he enthused, nodding at Will.

He was surprised to find he was a lot more comfortable talking about this stuff now - Reed had gutted him when they\'d fought over him becoming a vampire and he\'d left, but time heals all wounds, so they said, and he was back to almost being himself now.  Every chance spotting of a brunette with Reed\'s awesome build didn\'t set his dead heart racing anymore, and he\'d stopped constantly checking his mobile, starting texts to him, and deleting them in a wild rush of angry emotions.

He was getting better, though the loneliness was still a huge part of his life and he\'d not yet found something with which to plug the hole - except for Vivi, of course, but she was more of a blockage than a stopper, since she\'d never be interested in him beyond how the feeding made her feel.  And, of course, he was her dirty little secret, so nothing full time would ever come of it (much to his chagrin).  The sensation of him needing more from his existence had not abated and because of it, he got a sudden, rather crazy but nevertheless very appealing idea.

"You know," he began thoughtfully, "I\'m looking for a roommate.  I set up a room for one of my buddies but we had a falling out, so he won\'t be coming back and it gets pretty quiet at my place - I find myself hanging out here more often than not, to keep things interesting - but if you\'re looking for a place to stay that\'s secure and a bit more permanent, I wouldn\'t mind you bunking at mine for a bit?" he queried, knowing it was a rather odd and sudden thing to offer but he was a spontaneous kind of guy.

Besides, anyone who\'d tell the establishment to go fuck itself because it wasn\'t likely to get any other action had to be his kind of guy!  He was trying to hang out with more supernaturals ever since he realised that mortals were only going to lead him to stupidity and heartache, so a friendship and a casual roommate situation might be just the thing to get him on the road to complete recovery... not to mention fill the gaping wound inside him that Reed had left as his legacy.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 10:30:49 PM »
Will gave a chuckle as the redhead, now George, took to his new name like a duck to water. And at least now he had a name to attach to the face, even if it wasn’t the right one.

“Nice to meet you, George,” Will said, accepting the enthusiastic handshake. When George suggested they find somewhere to sit Will gave a small nod and followed the redhead towards the booths without complaint. It would be more comfortable talking there than surrounded by other Riskgoers trying to get past them. Not that many of them actually managed to jostle the vampires, but having people pressed against you whilst tryin gto pass was a distraction Will didn’t want.

As George began to talking, explaining about why he was in the city, Will pulled out a packet of cigarettes and lit one, listening carefully the whole time, even if he looked a little distracted, but he turned his grey eyes to meet the hazely ones across from him. He grinned at George’s description of his home, it seemed like a smart idea, making it look like a dump from the outside - if a little paranoid. But then again in this city maybe the gap between being paranoid and intelligent closed up a little. Will was quite interested to see it though, simply to see the difference between its outward appearance and inner décor, although he wasn’t expecting an invite, let alone the next offer to come up.

Will stayed silent for a few moments, taking a drag as he watched George with a thoughtful look in his eyes. He turned his head so that he wasn’t breathing smoke right in his companion’s face, and so that he wasn’t staring at him whilst he thought over the offer. It had been a long time since he’d shared a home with someone, almost two centuries now, since he’d last sired someone in fact. It took him a long time to get to know people and be able to trust them enough to offer them a place in him home, but this was going the other way, George was doing the offering. Will was enjoying chatting with him, but didn’t trust the memory addled vampire yet, and probably wouldn’t really for sometime (usually he didn’t know people long enough to completely trust them), but did he need to trust him to be able to live with him? And since he didn’t know if he wanted to have a permanent home here, perhaps a shared place would be best, somewhere that was already set up so he didn’t waste a load of time and money on somewhere he would just sell or never visit again.

Before George could get too fidgety about the delay in an answer, or even an acknowledgement of the question, Will lifted his gaze back to his companion’s then gave a small nod.

“Sure, why not? We’re not sick of each other yet and it’s probably better than staying in a hotel. I might as well check it out,” Will said, the thoughtful look transforming back into the smile he had been wearing before. Living alone had been getting a little dull, which was one of the reasons Will had decided to come to the city, for a change. Perhaps a bigger change like this one would be just the thing. It wouldn’t help his sleep cycle, having someone else in the apartment, but that was fucked staying in a hotel as well so it didn’t make much difference.

“I warn you, I like to play my music loud,” he added with a grin. Despite living in a hotel right now he\'d still brought his music system and a large collection of music on his laptop to the city. Other than that he didn\'t have much, apart from a suitcase of clothes.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 10:08:30 PM »
The corners of George\'s mouth bowed downward as he considered the warning, nodding to himself and looking Will over.  "That\'s okay," he finally responded, "I like to fuck pretty loud so between the two of us there should be quite the racket going in Pandenning Court!"

After a brief laugh, he looked at his new roommate closely, pondering the cigarette and how it would change the smell of the place.  His was a sensitive nose.  "Do you have a lot of stuff with you - a car or a bike?  Do you do that much?" he added, nodding pointedly at the cigarette as it blazed up a little.  "Because I\'m not sure I\'d like it in the house..."

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 12:26:03 AM »
“I reckon we’ll get along pretty well,” Will said with a chuckle at George’s response. He shook his head at the question of a car or a bike, then smirked as the redhead nodded at the cigarettes as he flicked it over an ashtray.

“Now and again. But I can not smoke if you want,” he added with a shrug. He’d never smoked as a human and so his body hadn’t become addicted to it. It was more just habit, something to occupy his mind when he was trying to stay awake. But he liked George so far and he wanted to see how they would get along for more than one night and it seemed ridiculous to miss out on that for a ridiculous habit.

“I’ve got a suitcase, my music system, that’s it. Here anyway. My other things can easily be shipped to me though if I need them,” Will explained as he stubbed out the cigarette in the ash tray after another drag, even though it was only half finished.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 07:27:14 AM »
George laughed again.  "Oh ho, so contemplating moving the lot here already, are we?  I think we better go see the place, don\'t you?" he prompted, sliding along the booth a little before it occurred to him that Will might still have drinking business to attend to in the club.  He then stopped with his palms pressed to the table top and his elbows out, all ready to push himself up and out of the booth.  "Uh... unless you\'ve not yet satisfied your, uh, thirst of course?" he asked, raising his eyebrows questioningly.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 05:54:29 AM »
“I’ve been contemplating it since I got here. And it‘s not much trouble,” Will said with a shrug. Even if he wasn’t going to stay here for longer than a month or two, he still liked having his things around him so all of his things that he would want were already packed up, it would be no trouble to have someone pick them up and send them here.

As George moved towards the entrance of the booth Will slid along as well, then he paused as the redhead’s words, pursing his lips slightly. He had intended drinking, after not sleeping well it always made him feel better and it would probably help perk him up a bit, even more than chatting with George. But he wanted to see the flat and if he was going to move in then he wanted enough time to do so properly, finding a willing human now just seemed like a waste of time when he wouldn’t get really hungry until the next night. His grey eyes flickered towards the bar - he could just get a drink there, but if the ancient was still around then Will didn’t want to venture that way. But then again he obviously wasn’t the first vampire to stay at his hotel, he could perhaps get a drink there when he went to pick up his stuff, or went to spend the day if he decided not to stay with George, or he could find someone on the way home. Really there were enough options that he didn’t need to worry.

“I’ll take care of that later. I’m not as young as I look,” Will said with a wink across at George before he slipped out of the booth and stood up. “Lead the way, George,” he added, gesturing for the taller vampire to go ahead of him.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2009, 07:33:18 AM »
George did exactly as he was bid, feeling somewhat excited by this unexpected occurrence.  Only when they stopped at the cloakroom and he retrieved his helmet did he begin to think that he perhaps hadn\'t given this plan all the thought he might have.  Once they reached his bike, parked under streetlights not too far away,he turned to look at Will and knew he hadn\'t.  They were about to get up close and friendly without knowing anything else about each other - if the blonde didn\'t mind.  George tried not to give it too much thought.

"So this is my bike," he announced, fishing a small set of keys from his pocket as he squinted at Will, his helmet tucked under his other arm.  "I don\'t have an extra helmet, but you wanna\' double or I just give you the address and you follow in a cab or something?"

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2009, 07:55:15 AM »
Will didn’t ask why they were queuing up at the cloak room, he guessed George would have a good reason for it since it was unlikely to be a coat. Since the temperature didn’t matter too much to vampires if they wore coats it was for fashion and then it wouldn’t be put away to mess up an outfit. But it all quickly became clear as George retrieved his helmet and Will grinned at the sight. Well this definitely looked like it would be a fun trip back to the redhead’s. Will hadn’t owned a bike for several decades now, but he could clearly remember the thrill of it.

He gave a chuckle as George pointed out his bike and he strolled up to it, examining it briefly before glancing back at George as the other vampire asked what he was going to do.

“You are not going to tease me with this and then chuck me in a cab,” Will said, tucking a thumb into his jeans pocket. He had no trouble with the close proximity they were about to be getting into, in fact it hadn’t crossed his mind, he just wanted to get on that bike - but if he had thought about it that definitely wouldn’t have put him off. “And I trust you not to smear my face across the road,” he added with a smirk. It took a lot longer than this for him to really trust someone, but he doubted George would crash his bike on purpose, or accidentally.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 07:24:13 PM »
"Pretty face like yours?" he queried, zipping his jacket up and throwing a leg over the bike, sitting down and positioning himself, wobbling the bike as he got himself comfortable.  "Nah, not likely.  Pretty face like mine, however?  Never!" he laughed, and put his helmet on.  With a silent flick of his head, he indicated that Will should climb on behind him as he leaned forward over the bike\'s massive fuel tank and gripped the handlebars.  With a quick flick, the kickstand was up and he started the engine, glancing over his shoulder just once to see his companion was getting on alright.  Once he felt the stranger\'s hands at his waist, he revved the engine, checked the traffic and pulled out smoothly.

(Continued in \'Unlikely Bedfellows\')