Author Topic: Unlikely Bedfellows  (Read 25112 times)

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Unlikely Bedfellows
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2009, 03:44:15 AM »
Will tilted his head to one side, frowning at George with curiosity. “Reed didn’t want to have sex with you?” he asked bluntly. He hadn’t got that impression from when George told him about his human. It had all seemed peachy, well, kind of. He wasn’t very surprised that George didn’t get on that well with women, after all, Will didn’t either, but the blonde avoided the trouble altogether by not even bothering to fuck them.

“It’s been a while since I’ve fucked a woman, I know it’s obviously different, but I can’t really remember it being all that much better,” he added thoughtfully. “Maybe I should give it another go,” he added, giving George a grin.

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2009, 03:50:32 AM »
George bit at the inside of his lower lip, looking childishly regretful all of a sudden.  "Well, he wanted to fuck me, yeah, but I always fucked him.  I was an asshole about it, I took advantage of the fact that he thought I was hot - and I weakened him by biting and then fucking him.  Half the time he ended up swearing and swinging at me, because I made him feel cheap and used, or I hurt him just to be an ass.  I wasn\'t very nice to him," he confessed quietly, obviously regretting that now.

They\'d got well past it, certainly, but in the beginning it had always been a very bitter and twisted dynamic.  "Women aren\'t as tight," he announced more confidently, obviously pleased to change the subject, "but they have soft, wet bits that just make you want to melt into them and stay there," he grinned.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2009, 04:14:24 AM »
“Ah, I see,” Will said quietly with a small nod as George shyly explained the difference and that he hadn’t been all that nice to Reed. Suddenly it was becoming clearer why Reed had rejected the offer of spending eternity with the redhead.

He raised an eyebrow as George suddenly reverted to explaining the good points of women. His smile returned at the description - it definitely sounded good, and Will knew that there were definitely lots of good points to them.

“Well, people definitely seem to be a lot easier nowadays. Of course, for a vampire it doesn’t matter so much, but it used to be a lot more effort to seduce people. Especially since I don’t like using mental powers. Perhaps if I didn’t have to talk to them so much it wouldn’t matter so much whether they were male or female,” he mused, thinking outloud. Of course, men had their positive points as well, whilst George said women weren’t as tight as a plus, Will would put it in the opposite column.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2009, 10:42:23 PM »
George\'s head lolled against the rear of the couch as he gazed thoughtfully at Will, thinking over what he\'d said.  He really didn\'t like people, no matter their species and that only made the redhead wonder what sort of eternity someone like that would experience.  George himself held no great admiration or love for the mortals inhabiting the world around him, but he respected their place and felt comfortable with assigning them the purpose of sustaining him.  He was in this existence for a good time (if not a long time) and he would never denigrate those who helped hm achieve it, as Will seemed to want to do.

"Mental powers are damn handy.  You can get anything you want with them - I\'m pretty crappy at them, but it seems I\'m doing better than you.  One for the kid, eh?" he said slyly, dropping Will a wink.  "Did you want me to teach you so you can have as little to do with the cockroaches as possible?" he asked, affecting a pretty pout that had his lower lip turned outward.  He didn\'t think of mortals as cockroaches but he was beginning to think Will did, so part of his wording was a test, hoping his roommate would clarify his position on the matter.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2009, 12:06:59 AM »
“No,” Will said firmly, shaking his head. “I’m not interested in learning any of that,” he added. “But don’t start thinking you can going prying in there, it won’t work,” Will said with a sharp look at the redhead, instantly checking his mental barriers. He would know instantly if George did try anything. Maybe they would be useful, but Will wasn’t going to let anyone teach him because that would mean putting down his guard long enough to practise.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2009, 12:12:45 AM »
George straightened up, his eyebrows raised and eyelids blinking mockingly, surprised by the strong reaction he got.  "Whoa.  Uptight much?  What\'s yor problem with Domination?" he enquired, sensing a story beneath the bravado.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 31, 2009, 12:33:21 AM »
Will scowled at George for a moment before speaking again.

“My sire was a shithead. He would dominate me to do stuff and I hated it. So I learnt how to put up mental barriers, but I don’t want to do more than that,” he explained briefly. "You\'re not getting through them, so if you tried I would be able to physically beat you down before you made any headway," he said with a grin, jabbing a sharp finger into George\'s ribs.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2009, 06:45:42 AM »
"My sire is a witch," George said dreamily, slapping at Will\'s poking finger, his hand, his face, jabbing as he maintained his reverent tone.  "She dominates my body in countless ways and I thank her for it after each and every time."  he laughed, his grin lewd and his eyes bright.

"I haven\'t seen her in years but I feel she\'s still out there somewhere, whoring her way majestically about the world, making men cream their pants with just a smile.  Sounds like you got a rough deal in the sire department, bud," he told Will with mock regret, attempting now to slap a consoling hand upon the blonde\'s shoulder.  He affected a frown of apparent consternation and interest as he looked at Will, then.  "Why did yours turn you?  Because he wanted some fuck-bitch?"

When Will had said \'do stuff I hated\', George assumed the worst because that\'s what titillated him.  It would have sucked royally and George would have gone stark raving mad if he\'d been forced to repeatedly service some asshole sire but because Will did it... it was fodder for his amusement.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2009, 07:42:26 AM »
Will gave a small chuckle at the redhead’s tone of voice and words, for a moment feeling envious. It must be nice to have that sort of bond with someone. He was aware of his sire in some capacity - he was fairly sure he was still alive, but he’d spent so many years trying to block him out and ignore that nagging sensation of the link that he didn’t think he would be able to find him if he wished to.

“No, that wasn’t the reason. We never fucked,” he said, then he frowned slightly, “At least… I don’t think we did, I can’t… I can’t remember it ever being like that, but some of it is a little… blurry,” he said, a thoughtful frown on his face as his hand lifted to grab George’s finger, holding it still with a vice like grip.

“He was killing people, the settlers. I offered myself to him to save them and he said he thought it was brave, but really I was too scared to watch him kill off my family one by one,” he said with a small shrug. “He fed from me for a while, then almost killed me by drinking too much. Apparently he liked me enough to want to keep me around so he sired me,” he explained. No, the stuff he hadn’t wanted to do wasn’t sex. He’d taught Will not to care about humans, to see them as little more than a food source, cattle as it were. There had been a lot of killing, viciousness, cruelty, things which had repulsed Will at first, but he’d been forced to do it until it became natural. Now it was easier not to kill them, because it raised too many questions, but it wasn’t any consideration for humans which held him back.

“We were only together for a few years, then I never saw him again. I left to go back home to see what had happened to my family and when I returned to him he had left. I didn’t bother trying to find him and obviously he didn’t care enough to come after me,” he added, releasing George’s hand once he finished speaking.

"Why did your witch turn you? Other than the fact that she found you so fuckable?" he asked with a grin, mocking George\'s tone of adoration for his sire.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2009, 10:32:36 PM »
"No idea; think that was it, really," George quipped, having never really questioned his existence to that point - and if he had, he\'d forgotten it.  "Even if I did know once, I\'ve forgotten it.  I have a swiss cheese memory, which you probably figured out since I will go by any name someone wants to call me," he grinned beatifically.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2009, 10:48:10 PM »
"You could ask her what your name is,” Will suggested with a smile as George spoke about his memory. Will’s wasn’t great either, but that was because he generally didn’t care enough to try remembering things. Important things, like his name, stuck there well enough. Still, it didn’t look like his name was something that important to George, otherwise he would have made more of an effort.

“Would you prefer I called you Tom?” he asked, watching George with interest. Perhaps he’d wanted a change of name to help forget Reed, but if it was what he was used to then maybe he would prefer that. Will didn’t mind either way.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2009, 11:18:06 PM »
The smile faded in a sudden blanch as Will made the offer and his gaze dropped to a spot somewhere between them.  It was funny - strange - but he couldn\'t answer straight away and he wasn\'t sure why.  He strongly suspected it was because he desperately wanted to say yes... but knew better (in his head, anyway).

"Nah," he drawled quietly.  "A while ago I met this guy... Amery... we started hanging out and he was calling me Indiana or Indie and I thought that was a pretty cool name, even though it started off as an insult.  I\'d go back to that... but not Tom, he\'s done his dash," he said, his smile watery with false bravado as he finally looked up at Will through his lashes.

Asking Ciannait what his name had been might work but it was close to a century since he\'d seen her, so it was pointless to rely on it.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 01, 2009, 12:33:49 AM »
Will stayed silent as George thought it over, waiting patiently, and now the redhead had explained about Reed he could understand the hesitation a little more.

“Indie?” Will repeated with a grin, then he gave a nod of approval. “I like it. Better than George. I’m terrible at coming up with names,” he said, giving an apologetic shrug. “Okay, we’ll put Tom away for now then, Indiana,” he said, letting the new name roll off his tongue, drawing it out as he watched his companion’s expression. It looked as though this would be a good place to end this conversation, he didn’t want to depress him, not now that they’d finally settled down together properly.

“I’ve given all sorts of ridiculous names to people. That’s a good thing about being a vampire, people rarely question how peculiar a name is because it could be from any era or area,” he said with a grin. “But I haven’t been with someone long enough that I’ve kept the fake name,” Will added. He quite liked his name and didn’t think he would want to change it, not unless there was a really good reason for it.

“I wouldn’t mind if you wanted to watch the rest of the film,” he said in a soothing voice, wanting to cheer George, or Indiana, up again. He guessed there was about time to finish it off before the redhead wanted to go to sleep.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2009, 07:17:25 AM »
"Yer a bit of a compulsive liar when you fee like it, aren\'t ya\'?" the redhead grinned as he sought out the remote.  The notion that Will would give out any old name to people he was with when he knew his own name showed his indifference for them, that was understood now.  It was rather amusing, the two of them and their false name giving, one intentionally and one not.

Remote located, he clicked play before Will really had a chance to respond to his rhetorical comment, eager to get this done and head to bed for the day.  It was stupid, but he was very happy to have Will say that he could continue playing the movie; there was acceptance buried within it, and a true friendliness that he\'d been trying to manufacture but which had only appeared after they\'d blurted their guts out to each other.

Funny how shit like that worked.

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2009, 03:25:43 AM »
“It comes and goes,” Will said with a chuckle as he settled down to watch the film, leaning comfortably against the blonde. It was strange, he’d spent so many years keeping himself to himself, refusing to answer those probing questions, but now he had been pressed into it he felt a lot better, a lot more comfortable. Since the redhead now knew these things Will didn’t feel the need to make stuff up, so he didn’t need to keep track of what he’d said. He could just be himself.

Will still didn’t laugh much for the rest of the film, he still didn’t find it all that funny, but he occasionally gave a chuckle at Indiana’s reactions to the terrible jokes. Once the film was over the blonde recaptured the remote, which didn’t take much of a fight since Indie was just about ready to sleep. Once he was left along Will flicked through the channels without really noticing what was going on as he mulled over what had happened between them that night. There was definitely a lot to think on.