Author Topic: Room 108: Mundo\'s Place  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Malkavian Riddler

• Novelist
  • Minstrel Seeking Minstrel
    • View Profile
Room 108: Mundo\'s Place
« on: August 06, 2009, 10:43:38 AM »
The door matches every other door on the ground floor level.  The numbers on the front of the door display it as 108, and the brass numbers are quite well polished.  The door has a keyhole and requires a long old-fashioned key to open it, which is what the occupant likes.  This room is a long-term rental, cheap and of good value.

On the other side of the door is a short, narrow entrance, with a small half-round side table, making it feel even narrower.  Upon the half-round side table stands a pot holding a miniature lemon tree, which is growing lemons.

A door on the immediate left leads into the bathroom.  White tiles march halfway up the walls before the light grey paint takes over.  The tiles with light grey grout are very clean, as though the bathroom is never used, though it is.  A combination bath and shower takes up most of the room, while a toilet and sink sit side by side to each other.  A small medicine cabinet is attached to the wall over the sink.  Within the cabinet are the following items; one toothbrush, half a tube of toothpaste (both of these in a plastic cup), a small cardboard box containing a couple of naturally-created soaps (grapefruit and lime scented), an eye-wash container, hair-scissors, nail clippers.  Shampoo and another (used) bar of soap can be found on a hanging shelf on the shower rail above the bathtub.

Directly to the right of the entrance past a short wall is the kitchen, equipped with a sink, a microwave, a tall fridge and freezer combination, but no stove.  An old-fashioned style kettle squats in the corner, and is the type to need to be plugged into the wall, but there is no plug to be seen, as it is stored neatly away in the cupboard beneath.  A toaster also sits in the cupboard, upon a tray, so crumbs don\'t scatter on the shelf.  The kitchen also has tiles marching halfway up the wall, but these tiles are a sea-foam colour, an off-white colour attempting to be blue.  The cupboards are white but the counter is a light blue.  The microwave upon one side of the counter and out of the way, in contrast, is a deep red.  The sink is silver and not very spacious.  In the cupboards above the counter can be found packets of cereal, jars of spreads, long-life milk cartons, packets of various herbal teas, a loaf of bread and cans of soup.  In the cupboards and drawers there are a mixture of bowls, plates and utensils, but none surpassing a set of four.  Usually only one item is used at a time; one fork and knife (or spoon), one plate (or bowl), one glass, one napkin.

In front of the kitchen, seen over the counter (and diagonally to the right from the front door) is the dining area.  It is a small dining area, with a cane and glass five piece setting, the four cushioned chairs placed neatly around the round table.  In one corner stands a large fern in a large pot, its gleaming leaves healthy and flourishing.

In front of the entrance, and seen as soon as the front door is opened, is the living area.  A two-piece cushioned cane sofa sits opposite two single matching cane armchairs, with a cane and glass side table between them (upon which sits an old-fashioned candle-lamp).  There is no television but there is a bookcase against one wall overflowing with books.  Most of them are about plants.  Hanging on the walls on either side of the bookcase are two plant holders, both of which contain flowering ivy.

The one and only bedroom can be accessed after moving past the living chairs, to the left and past the bathroom.  This room has a queen sized ensemble with no headboard, but rather a very wide painting of a garden on the wall above.  The quilt upon the bed is leafy green in colour and has a pattern of entwined white and pink rosebuds upon it.  The bed is made precisely, with crisp corners.  A dressing table sits in the corner, upon it is another small pot holding a cluster of forget-me-nots.  There is a bedside table on one side of the bed, a book upon it (about the history of English gardens), and another old-fashioned candle-lamp, which matches the one on the side table in the sitting area.

From the bedroom a person can walk outside to the ground floor level patio, which only holds a narrow paved path while the rest is dirt.  The occupant of room 108 however, has turned his small portion of dirt yard into a flourishing garden.  To walk into this space is breath-taking, with a dizzying aroma of perfumes from flowering shrubs as well as a visual display to behold.  A lovely little parkbench that seats two is against one fenced wall, in order for the person seated upon it to admire the garden in entirety.
Digital: I drink from the poison chalice
Lan Bao: I reap the harvest of my people
Cain: I am the instrument that vampires play
Shan: I take what is mine and what is yours