Author Topic: How long is too long?  (Read 2893 times)

Ashlei

How long is too long?
« on: October 15, 2009, 04:16:28 AM »
Hey!
I really had a major break down over whats going on.
Just to give you a taste of whats been up:
I was in an accident late 2008...my car was in need of an expensive repair that I had to work my ass off to pay for.
My Nana Died and I was heartbroken.
My BF left the country without saying a word to me, six months later he tells me he\'s getting married. Understandably I was very angry, hurt and depressed.
My Mother is going through the process of dialysis and may be dying in the next few years. I love my mother despite her many faults and would hate to lose her.
My GPA at school is suffering from a meltdown because a bitch of a teacher gave me an F when she just didn\'t like me personally.
My best friend\'s parents and older sister are going through messy divorces at the same time.
AND just to top it all off, my computer of 10 years died...and so did my Laptop of 3 years.

I am now back on top of things, back in school with my fixed car and a new Laptop.
Glad to be back!
I\'ve been away for awhile....about a year...and I was just curious if anyone else has been on hiatus for a long period of time?
I know people have and I was just curious of how long some of them were and whether or not their RPing lives were effected?
YellowHeart and I were RPing together when I suddenly went off the grid, I really didn\'t mean to abandon him!

ChaosRayne

Re: How long is too long?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 02:12:02 AM »
I did the same thing, I had a few things, I moved and had no computer, then got one with no internet connection. Got engaged and had to start planning a wedding plus go to school and work full time. So I\'ve really had no time, plus my internet now is a wireless connection so everyday connection isn\'t guaranteed. It sucks. But im back now, anyone who I left hanging with my sudden drop off the face of the earth I greatly apologize.

Ashlei

Re: How long is too long?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 11:23:14 PM »
Did I say Major breakdown?
What I\'m having now is a Major breakdown, that was just having a bad week or two.
My Cat, Pi, went missing couple days before Halloween. We were only worried on Halloween and we started looking.
We found his picture late Sunday night on Petharbor.com.
We called the shelter, gave his ID and asked that they hold him till Tuesday, they were closed Mondays.
I went in an hour before they opened and gave an id and they couldn\'t find him, I even looked in all the cages in back.
My sister went later that day, she couldn\'t find him either.
I go back weds and find out that they euthanized him Monday night.
I am so devastated right now...I missed my cat by 1 DAY!!!! Just ONE.
It really sucks big time.
I can\'t sleep or eat and my other cat, who went missing the same day and we found at a different shelter, is depressed and wont leave the house.
My two nieces are balling and so are my sisters, mother and father.
We are so....they\'re arn\'t even any words to describe our grief and anger.
The policy of only keeping animal 4 business days, even if their last day is a sunday, needs to be modified or extended.
Holiday weekends are when your paying the least attention and you just don\'t notice as soon that your pet is missing.
Another thing to add is that my cat was picked up and brought to a shelter that was nearly 15 miles from where I lived, in a different city/county.
Pi had never left the block we live on for a little over 8 years and it was very odd that he was brought to willow glen when their was a perfectly good shelter just  a little over a block away from where he most likely was.
The whole situation was odd. He was brought in a box that was taped up and dropped off at the side door early on the morning he went missing.
I would just like to warn all pet owners that most shelter have a 4 day policy, I found this out the hard way and I don\'t want any other owners to go through what I am right now.
I will always regret not finding his picture sooner and I will always miss pi, he is just irreplaceable.
thanks for listening to me rant.
Please if you find an animal, keep it around for a few days and try to find the owner, that\'s what saved our other cat.