Author Topic: Tending a Spark  (Read 2820 times)

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Tending a Spark
« on: November 14, 2009, 03:41:23 AM »
Continued from The Spark of Interest

Zach\'s suite was on one of the higher floors of the hotel, but was not the penthouse. He lead Jake to his door and once again unlocked it with a swipe of his key card before holding it open for the vampire. This wasn\'t the first time he\'d brought a vampire up here, but that had been for business or simply talking, like Zach wanted this to be. But there was something about the way the vampire looked at him which made Zach feel a little uncomfortable.

The suite was quite a large one, with a living area and a separate bedroom with an en suite. It was beautifully decorated and a little more personal than most rooms and Zach lived here most of the time. He had another house in the city, but lived here as it made things much easier.

He\'d left the room with the woman he\'d been walking home, but most of the mess was in the bedroom and the door that led that way was shut for now. He slipped off his jacket and draped it over the back of a dining chair at the table where his laptop stood, but then he turned back to Jake.

"The drinks will be here soon," he said, rolling up the sleeves of his shirt as he spoke.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
Re: Tending a Spark
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 01:39:23 PM »
Jake walked alongside Zach in silence. He knew that once they were in Zach\'s apartment that they would have much to say so there was little that couldn\'t water. He followed the human who apparently shared his sentiment about conversation. Finally the door to Zach’s apartment was opened. Jake moved in first as Zach held the door. Jake was unfamiliar with such a gesture but took it. Upon entering he took time to take in the room. The smell of alcohol still lingered from the mortal women that Zach had been with earlier. He liked the room for it seemed to Jake to be a combination of high class and yet simplicity, the generic rich look with the personal flair of someone young and restless. Jake\'s jacket weighed heavily on him and so he removed it and held it in his hand. Unsure if he could put it down or not he decided to just keep it close to his chest.

"Good," was Jake\'s reply to Zach. He was thirsty but such a simple statement required a simple answer. "May I put my coat and sword down? You may not care but I still feel like I should ask."
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras

Offline pinkroses

• VIP
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 06:54:23 AM »
Zach’s gaze had wandered to his computer and he tapped a few keys to log in to his e-mails, checking briefly, bu there was nothing which required his immediate attention so when he heard Jake speaking once more the human turned back to him after hitting ‘Log out’ and shutting the lid of the laptop.

“Hm? Oh… yes, of course, just…” Zach looked around the room, trying to pick out a good place for them to go, but no where really leapt out as a brilliant place for a sword to sit. “Anywhere’s fine. Do you want to hang up your coat? There’s a closet just here,” he said, heading back to the door and opening a door there where some of his own coats hung, holding out his hand to take Jake’s coat. He wasn’t quite sure what he was feeling about this whole situation - it was… different to what he was used to. He usually knew just about exactly what to expect when he invited someone to his room, but now he was pulling blanks.

“Make yourself comfortable,” he said once the coat was taken care of, gesturing to the comfortable but chic looking sofa which sat before a coffee table, with an armchair at either end of it, so Jake could take his pick of the seats, but Zach stayed standing, slipping one hand into his trousers pocket.

“So was I the first human you rescued tonight or just one of a long list?” Zach asked, his head tilted to one side as he watched Jake.

Offline Black Philip

• Novelist
  • A Goat Looking For Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 01:45:06 PM »
Jake\'s coat was not cheap. He really cherished it in fact. So it was nice to hear it would be hanging up as opposed to sitting on some surface. He walked over to the closet, grabbed the nicest looking hanger and gently placed his coat on it. When he was told to make himself committable Jake wished himself over and fell into a nice seat that Zach had pointed out. He watched as the attractive, smart, human slipped a hand into his pocket. Jake had to fight getting turned on for Zach was truly beautiful.

"Actually you were my second tonight. The first one meant nothing to me really. I would much rather have saved you twice. Thanks for inviting me back, this is nice."

Jake wanted to mentally slap himself in the face. Wow, I need to learn to flirt much more subtly. I\'m coming off as creepy I\'m sure. Maybe he\'ll think it\'s cute, or funny.
Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jake Benny Kyle Lisa-Joe James/Jimmy Tess Tyler Apep Ari Lacy Mithras