Author Topic: Worship Me  (Read 11689 times)

Offline realworldweirdo

• Scribe
  • Improvement via destruction.
    • View Profile
Re: Worship Me
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2009, 08:52:12 AM »
Orias overlooked the details inherent in Dom\'s monologue and instead identified the source of his excuses: the boyfriend. He turned to Lazarus as he put another arm around Dominic, and all but turned the hang into a carry. Sure, Dominic\'s feet were still on the ground, and he was still moving them, but his steps weren\'t quite in perfect synchronization with the rate he was moving.

"What would you say if we could help your boyfriend be more agreeable to you spending the night out with a friend?" he asked, speaking as though he was addressing Dominic, but he was looking straight at Lazarus. "There are ways that such things can be arranged, I imagine."

He was feeling like he was getting a bit too bent on the idea of these two, and he didn\'t want to force the situation, but he hadn\'t reached the point of spoiling it just yet. Much more resistance from either, and it would tear it. He\'d give up and go eat someone, go home to jerk off, and go to sleep for the day. For now though, if Lazarus would call someone to alter Dominic\'s human companion\'s mind, it would make everything so much easier.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2009, 03:03:07 PM »
Lazarus, who didn\'t have any mental abilities whatsoever (and even if he did have, the gaudy amethyst ring on his finger now blocked anything he would\'ve managed) saw the simpler side behind the mortal\'s words.

If I don\'t call him, he\'ll worry.

Pulling a face at Orias like he\'d just grown an extra head, he moved with the pair until they got to the exit and spoke before the mortal could reply to the other vampire\'s suggestion.  Fucking hell, he needed to know their damn names.  Why were people so fucking rude nowadays that they didn\'t introduce themselves?  If there was something Lazarus liked, it was a great introduction.

"So call him and tell him you\'re working late," he said, swanning in front of them and clearing the exit so that the three of them were now outside, in the fresh air, and away from the thrum of the club.  "Where\'s your phone?" he prompted the mortal.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2009, 05:59:33 PM »
Dominic stared very blankly at Lazarus for a moment, his hand going to his pants pocket to betray the whereabouts of said device, even though all he said was a very intelligent, "Uhhh... " while he thought it through.

The fresh air helped - as did not having anyone forcing him to be or move somewhere in particular.  He felt freer, without the two of them hanging onto him, and more and more in touch with his usual set of intelligences as this played out.  The hysteria was long gone and, in its place, was the overwhelming desire to please Lazarus - a very dangerous replacement if ever there was one, but there indeed.  The touches to his neck, the initial embrace, the memory of Lazarus being his first (and best ever) lover... these thoughts were persuasive and prominent once more.

"I guess... I should call him anyway," he muttered, and withdrew his phone from his pocket, flipping it open and pressing obviously familiar buttons with his thumb.  He wondered, as he brought the small device to his ear, whether they were now exposed enough in the night air for the two vampires to hear both sides of the conversation and believed (informed somewhat by past experience) that they would, which just made him extra nervous.

"Hello?"
"Hey honey, it\'s me-"
"Dominic!  Where are you?  I\'ve been worried sick!"
Dom shuffled sheepishly on the spot there between the vampires, glancing at them and then turning his back to them as best he could.  He rubbed the back of his neck with the hand that wasn\'t holding the phone while he continued his conversation.  "Yeah, sorry, I should\'ve called earlier-"
"Damn right you should\'ve, you know I\'ve got a big deposition tomorrow!"
"I\'m sorry, sweetie, it\'s just one thing led to another and the guy - I got the job by the way - well, the boss was on his way out and wants me to come to do plans tomorrow night but then we got to talking and he invited me to come out with him to this bar and-"
"I thought I could hear music in the background," Michael said tersely.
"Yeah.  Sorry.  I came outside to call \'cos I only just noticed the time and I figured you\'d be wanting to get to bed and-"
"Yes.  An hour ago, in fact."
"Yeah, sorry, really!  Look, you just take your pill and head in.  I won\'t be long, promise, and I\'ll be there tomorr-"
"Make sure you don\'t jostle the bed when you come in, you know how I hate that."
Dominic laughed good-naturedly, as if him jostling the bed was actually a secret game he played just to piss Michael off.  "Okay honey, I won\'t.  Sleep well and I\'ll see you in the morning, \'kay?"
"I love you, Dominic."
"Me too.  Sweet dreams," the youth responded and flipped the phone closed.

As he spun back slowly around, the hand that had been massaging the back of his neck through the whole conversation crept up to smooth over his hair.  He was blushing as he glanced from one vampire to the other, looking up at them from beneath his eyebrows.  "I... uh... guess I could, uh, follow you to your place for a... drink, then?" he mumbled, his gaze holding on Orias long enough for him to be sure the message was relayed, then he looked back at the tall blonde.  "You want to ride with me or Orias?"

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2009, 06:19:47 PM »
Lazarus was extremely pleased.  If pleasing Lazarus was what Dominic had wanted to do, then the phone call was a great first start to that.  Smirking at Orias (and still not knowing his name), he listened in to the conversation to see what would become of their night, and with all the sweeties, honeys and love-you\'s, he couldn\'t help but pull a face at the back of Dominic\'s head before turning and then making a gagging face, highlighting it with his index finger poking at his open mouth.

When the conversation came to a close, Lazarus stopped his mocking and returned to his smirking, taking note that Dominic (whose name he now had, thanks to his lovey-dovey boyfriend) hadn\'t said he loved him back but rather finished with a \'me too\'.  He could use that, if he needed to, later.

"Love, my ride\'s with you," he said meaningfully, finally finding out the name of his vampiric companion.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2009, 06:23:11 PM »
The innuendo had Dominic blushing and fiddling with his hair even as his other hand slid his phone into his pocket and came out with his truck keys.  He looked at Orias, knowing his cheeks were flaming and unable to do a thing about it.

"My truck\'s around back, where\'d you park?  I\'ll follow you, \'kay?"

Offline realworldweirdo

• Scribe
  • Improvement via destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2009, 06:46:09 PM »
"Sure," Orias grinned, recovering from laughing at Lazarus\' antics during the phone call. "I\'m in a blue Toyota. I\'ll make sure I don\'t lose you at lights or anything. Try to keep up."

With that, he fished his keys out of his pocket and strolled off to his car, chuckling with happy satisfaction at the way events were beginning to turn out.

(Continued in \'Eternal Chase\')